Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
I just finished watching Baka and Test, and I thought it was a great anime. It's been almost four years since the second season was made, so is there going to be a third? I have encountered varying responses on my Google quest.
Also, I would like to get in the light novels, but I am not sure where the anime ends in terms of the light novels. I also heard that the love triangle concluded in the LNs, if someone could tell me in which volume this occurred that'd be great! I really want to see what happens in the end.
"It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world."
May 2, 2015 11:24 AM
May 2014
Because you've been scouring the Internet and have probably seen "rumors" of a third season floating around but as of now they are unfounded as of now. While 4 years does seem like a long wait period in deciding on another season but even very popular shows, such as OreGairu recently received a second season after about 2 years. That being said SilverHome's sales from the show are surpingly minimal considering the show is very well written and timely in terms of delivering jokes. Aso the silver home website does not have any new posts or releases in regards to Baka to Test. I would not get your hopes up for a second season because when a company does not make a profit off of a show, it is pointless for them to serialized a third season because they operate on a profit basis. At being said the only ray of hope I can give is that I believe that funimation lost its home video rights to Baka and Test so just maybe another Japanese company is willing to pick it up. As I have finished the light novels I can say that the love triangle is concluded in e light novels but is pretty much concluded in the final volume (dinstictively conclusive) so if you're reading for the romance (I just looked it up and was happy with my ship) the anime does a really good job of defining the triangle but the anime does a good job of giving you hints to what's going to happen without showing it's hand but I think it's pretty clear to see. It goes on for so long because come on now you kow how much of a Baka Akihisa is. As far as the light novel goes technically the second season of the anime leaves off around volume 5 but it skips around so much it's ridiculous. I watched the anime before reading the ln as well as after I had finished it and while the storyline isn't taken directly in terms of chronological creation, 99% of the scenes in the anime are in fact present I t he light novel, just in a weird order. That being said I believe that of you liked the summoner test wars the light novels are very good at detailing the strategies of the wars and how the other classes really aren't stupid because the same old tricks with himeji tanking everyone doesn't always work. Yuujihas the mind of a genius strategist in the light novel whereas in the anime he kinda just seems like a dick.

Aniwatcher154 deos an great job of clearly explaining how retarded the setup actually is.
http://bakatotest.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Aniwatcher154
Season One

Episode 1: filler Episode 2: Volume 1 Episode 3-4: filler Episode 5: Mainly a filler, but Akihisa does gain the bracelet, just in a different way, back in volume two Episode 6-7: Volume 3.5 Episode 8: filler Episode 9-11: Volume 1 Episode 12-13: filler

OVA

OVA 1-2: Volume 2

Season Two

Episode 1-2: Volume 6.5 Episode 3: Volume 3.5, Volume 6.5 Episode 4: Volume 7.5 Episode 5-7: Volume 3 Episode 8: Volume 7.5 Episode 9-10: Volume 4 Episode 11: Volume 6.5 Episode 12-13: Volume 6
msrcaliMay 2, 2015 11:42 AM
How fitting (or depressing I haven't decided) for my 100th post to be about me complaining about dicks who review shows without finishing them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uis - Jan 6, 2010

235 by aronbebop »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 31, 2010

218 by Karva1 »»
Feb 9, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 17, 2010

140 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 3, 2010

160 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 10, 2010

176 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.