Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 3, 2015 7:26 PM

Jan 2014
Paul said:
No you're correct. The only reason Megumi is winning because a lot viewers hate Erina just because she's displayed as a bitch more often than not being one. Lol. If she started throwing out her 'dere' expressions more and less of her 'tsun', I'm sure she'd rack in more points.
Wel,ofc...so far she is more tsun than Kirino which is not a good thing...
May 4, 2015 12:13 AM

May 2010
One thing which I fail to understand. People dislike tsundere characters when they are too tsundere, The moment they turn dere, they are like, "yay best girl." and completely forget about their original rudeness. In the end, the said character might still continue to keep their violent behavior but nah, they have the 'dere' now so they are far superior to other characters now. Is it related to, "tsundere always win" thing? What's with this polar opposite reaction?
May 4, 2015 4:22 AM

Jul 2008
It's gotta be Megumi even though the producer probably will put Erina in a relationship with Souma if needed.
May 4, 2015 4:29 AM

Jan 2014
TragicRomance said:
One thing which I fail to understand. People dislike tsundere characters when they are too tsundere, The moment they turn dere, they are like, "yay best girl." and completely forget about their original rudeness. In the end, the said character might still continue to keep their violent behavior but nah, they have the 'dere' now so they are far superior to other characters now. Is it related to, "tsundere always win" thing? What's with this polar opposite reaction?
"gap moe"

and not hating is always easier than hating...
May 4, 2015 5:14 PM
May 2014
TragicRomance said:

This reminds me of two characters that I know from Nisekoi, Chitoge and Raku. They were both pretty much hated in the beginning but once in Dere monde, people screamed ''Best girl!''
May 8, 2015 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
Granpa will make sure Souma will be his grandson through marriage with Erina....!!!

Solidify your hopes with Megum until the main battle then it's Erina X Souma all the way!!!!!
#CHEXIT
May 9, 2015 1:32 AM

Dec 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Alice is best girl.

I think this is a given. XD

But if i have to choose between , Megumi or Erina...

the former. :)
Jun 3, 2015 12:27 AM
Jan 2011
I thought Erina would just be random "important" 1 episode enemy, but they made her into an actual rival. She's a refreshing face for animus IMO
Jun 6, 2015 2:11 AM

Jun 2008
lol @ the poll results.

As if Erina-sama is on par with a commoner.

Don't get me wrong, Megumi's a nice girl and all, but no...sorry, Erina-sama wins.
Jun 6, 2015 3:40 AM

Nov 2013
Megumi hands down.
Jun 6, 2015 3:47 AM

Mar 2015
Oh wait !

Why not both ?
Jun 7, 2015 1:57 PM

Sep 2014
they're both great, but megumi is just too precious for me not to vote for her
Jun 7, 2015 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
Deep inside we all know Erina is best girl.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Jun 7, 2015 2:37 PM

Apr 2015
yoite- said:
KaiserNazrin said:
Any girl in this series is better than Erina honestly. Its like the only good thing about Erina is her look.

From the latest episode, she got more that her looks. She got a voice of an angel. Just her humming is worth 10/10.
#CHEXIT
Jun 7, 2015 3:02 PM

Apr 2015
Megumi all the way
Jun 8, 2015 5:06 AM

Apr 2011
Megumi

Jun 9, 2015 11:12 PM
May 2014
:P I'm all in for Erina !!! I mean in the manga, she doesn't get like... Most of the time, she doesn't get any screen time compared with Megumi. I just like Tsunderes more lol
If she had more characters development and screen time I think more ppl would like her :/ Oh and I chose Erina over Megumi because of the EP 9 scene lol the humming scene was just too kawaii xD
Megumi is nice and all, but if it really turns out that she's be going with Souma, no offense, really, but I think it would be just boring to watch :/ BUT if it's Erina then there would actually be more amusing scenes with both of them lol
Jun 9, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2015
DaniDavid said:
:P I'm all in for Erina !!! I mean in the manga, she doesn't get like... Most of the time, she doesn't get any screen time compared with Megumi. I just like Tsunderes more lol
If she had more characters development and screen time I think more ppl would like her :/ Oh and I chose Erina over Megumi because of the EP 9 scene lol the humming scene was just too kawaii xD
Megumi is nice and all, but if it really turns out that she's be going with Souma, no offense, really, but I think it would be just boring to watch :/ BUT if it's Erina then there would actually be more amusing scenes with both of them lol

Whenever Souma and Erina have moments together, imo, they seem to be some of the funniest of the series.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 10, 2015 12:50 AM

Jan 2014
Megumi dont have a chance with Souma "romantically"...If anyone has a chance that is Erina...His father sent Souma to the academy for the purpose of "finding a girl to cook for" and Erina is "God Tongue" so she is the perfect humanbeing to cook for...[size=80]That doesnt change the fact that Megumi is the best girl tho :I
Jun 13, 2015 8:02 AM
Apr 2013
Sakaki ane-san all the way!!!! lol

Erina. People bash her based on her development. In the manga she's barely shown. Like really she doesn't participate in anything major, she just pops up when nothing is happening and disappears again for so long (she's barely shown during the election arc which eclipses half of the manga).

Megumi is boring.

julyan said:

Manga Spoilers

No she doesn't. What are even you reading? Wrong scanslation?
C2FlashJun 13, 2015 8:06 AM
Jun 13, 2015 8:20 AM

Feb 2013
Inui Because she is Adorable

Or

Yuuki because Yuki.
Jun 13, 2015 9:15 AM

Jan 2015
guys please, tsunderes win always
Jun 14, 2015 6:37 PM
Oct 2012
DaisukiAishiteru said:
Megumi is annoying

She gets better, the problem is that Erina gets much better.

This is one of those series that is more enjoyable the more the author writes. Not saying that this is World Classic Theater, but it is certainly entertaining.
Jun 14, 2015 10:36 PM
Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
DaisukiAishiteru said:
Megumi is annoying

She gets better, the problem is that Erina gets much better.

This is one of those series that is more enjoyable the more the author writes. Not saying that this is World Classic Theater, but it is certainly entertaining.
^pretty much this. The more you read, the more it becomes better.
Jun 14, 2015 10:38 PM

Jan 2014
erina or u r highly blind
I love my gurlz
Jun 16, 2015 5:06 AM

Mar 2012
I normally don't like tsundere characters nowadays, but Erina is one of the few exceptions for me. So I much prefer her.

Credit to Hihanteki
Jun 16, 2015 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
Obviously, Erina.
Jun 16, 2015 5:59 AM

Jun 2015
*scratches head* Are we just judging based on the anime? If anime, Megumi, of course, b/c she had more screentime and actual character development.
If manga, Erina. There's more to her than just Tsundere.
But I love both.
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jun 16, 2015 6:46 AM

Mar 2015
Who cares about the girls? I hope Isshiki-senpai will make his move on Souma! Yaoi-Route ftw!
Jun 16, 2015 8:44 PM

Jun 2014
Erina FTW!!!!
She's gettting more and more screentime in the new chapters! In the anime megumi has a lot more screentime FOR NOW!! There's more to see about Erina, don't judge her too early.
Erina's relationship with soma is better because megumi's relationship with him is more like admiration!!!
Jun 16, 2015 11:48 PM

Apr 2014
L1sa said:
Erina FTW!!!!
She's gettting more and more screentime in the new chapters! In the anime megumi has a lot more screentime FOR NOW!! There's more to see about Erina, don't judge her too early.
Erina's relationship with soma is better because megumi's relationship with him is more like admiration!!!

Pretty much this. I started by watching the anime and Erina just annoyed me and Megumi I was fairly neutral about. Then I read the manga and now Megumi really annoys me and I quite like Erina. All told I have rather mixed feelings when I watch the anime now.
Jun 16, 2015 11:56 PM

Apr 2013
Ikumi best girl, but Megumi > Erina.
Jun 17, 2015 12:03 AM

Apr 2015
idungoof said:
L1sa said:
Erina FTW!!!!

Pretty much this. I started by watching the anime and Erina just annoyed me and Megumi I was fairly neutral about. Then I read the manga and now Megumi really annoys me and I quite like Erina. All told I have rather mixed feelings when I watch the anime now.

True. Erina is more interesting in the manga. Every time she and Soma talk is priceless. She's becoming my most favorite tsundere ever.
#CHEXIT
Jun 17, 2015 12:05 AM

Apr 2014
The Hishoko-Erina dynamic with Soma is also rather entertaining in the latter chapters.
Jun 17, 2015 7:51 AM

Jun 2015
idungoof said:
The Hishoko-Erina dynamic with Soma is also rather entertaining in the latter chapters.
Couldn't agree more. I need more of these moments XD
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jun 19, 2015 2:18 PM

Sep 2008
Eh... I dislike when things like "you need to start manga" or "in gets better in manga", "it will be better in newest chapters"

Why if one of female MCs start to become likable after long time?
Why it take some many time?
Why I always have feelings like author thinking something like "oops! I made X character too much annoying, so I need to change it and make her likable." or "Supporting character is more popular than main one, so I need to make them annoying so MC will be more likable compare to supporting chara." -.-

I know this is called development, but in some cases this isn't good.
Jun 19, 2015 4:18 PM
Oct 2012
LittleStar said:

Wait and see, the animation is doing a good job, and we will eventually get to it (though it probably won't be until the third season).

Let's just say that when Erina goes into her god mode she is the boss and has the biggest balls of any character in the series. You will only see it once, it will not be against Souma (she never goes full out against him), but when she does, if this were Mahouka, she would be Tatsuya.

LittleStar said:

Because Erina is the ultimate boss of the series.

LittleStar said:
Why I always have feelings like author thinking something like "oops! I made X character too much annoying, so I need to change it and make her likable." or "Supporting character is more popular than main one, so I need to make them annoying so MC will be more likable compare to supporting chara." -.-

That is very true, but the Erina's god mode was mentioned in the first chapter, and there is a reason her father laughed when he ate Souma's meal after Erina rejected it the first issue. The writer has slowly been dropping hints about this since then, making it clear that he had this planned from the start.

Those who are saying "read the manga" are doing so because they know that this show continues to get better as it goes along (the fan service drops as the battles become more interesting and more characters are introduced). They are merely showing their lack of patience. Lets just say that if you enjoyed the show up until now, you will continue to enjoy it going forward.
Jun 19, 2015 4:58 PM
Aug 2014
Megumi

But Alice is good also
Jun 19, 2015 5:13 PM

Feb 2014
I think it's pretty clear that Erina is the main heroine of the story as she is the first female character to be introduced (after Souma's junior high friend). Not only that, Souma's father told him once that the secret of cooking is to find a woman who you want to please with your cooking everyday (or something along that line). Seeing that Erina has the god's tongue and souma has a godly cooking skill it's only logical that the two will end up together.

If we're talking about likability, however; It's easy to see why most will choose Megumi over Erina. Up to this point of the anime we don't really see much of Erina, even on the manga Erina has only started appearing frequently on the last few chapters. Instead of a heroine she seems more like a boss enemy or something. I think the anime has made it pretty clear on Erina's standing in this story tho (the humming bath scene).

Still, I personally choose Megumi over Erina.
I can't help being mushy, because I love pussy.
Jun 19, 2015 5:22 PM

Jun 2014
julyan said:
Putting the subjectivity of likability aside, Megumi has more screen time, character development and is closest to Souma.

Yea, we haven't seen Erina that much. And I didn't like any of her appearances apart from her singing in ep 9. I like Megumi more so far but I'd rather eat Erina's dishes.
Jun 19, 2015 10:39 PM

Apr 2015
babymimi said:
julyan said:
Putting the subjectivity of likability aside, Megumi has more screen time, character development and is closest to Souma.

Yea, we haven't seen Erina that much. And I didn't like any of her appearances apart from her singing in ep 9. I like Megumi more so far but I'd rather eat Erina's dishes.

The world stops when Erina appears. Hail the goddess!
#CHEXIT
Jun 19, 2015 10:46 PM

Mar 2013
I do believe we will be seeing more of Erina next episode, as well as seeing her cooking for the first time.

Although, she's already demonstrated that she's a far more able chef than even Souma.
Jun 19, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2012
babymimi said:
julyan said:

To be honest, I'm more willing to eat Megumi's dish because of her hospitality. I really love those soothing and relaxing meals. And also...

Chung2 said:
julyan said:

I'll come back to you someday with the chapter that mentioned that. For now, I simply don't have the time to look for it.
julyanJun 19, 2015 11:12 PM
Jun 20, 2015 8:39 AM

Sep 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
That is very true, but the Erina's god mode was mentioned in the first chapter, and there is a reason her father laughed when he ate Souma's meal after Erina rejected it the first issue. The writer has slowly been dropping hints about this since then, making it clear that he had this planned from the start.

Those who are saying "read the manga" are doing so because they know that this show continues to get better as it goes along (the fan service drops as the battles become more interesting and more characters are introduced). They are merely showing their lack of patience. Lets just say that if you enjoyed the show up until now, you will continue to enjoy it going forward.

Yeah and this is what I dislike.
I prefer if future canon couple have lot of screentime together the beginning,
even where they are enemies...
Like author from the start drop some hints, get them know each other.

I dislike when like here, first we have lot of screentime, lot of development for Megumi and Souma and later finally time come to show Souma x Erina.
It always feels like wasting of time...

Well... maybe that's why I don't like romance series in shounens.
I have hope series will be focusing on making food and this series will don't turn in another Nisekoi or other romance series.
Jun 20, 2015 9:08 AM
Oct 2012
LittleStar said:
I have hope series will be focusing on making food and this series will don't turn in another Nisekoi or other romance series.

Absolutely no chance of that, while there are a few girls who clearly like Souma, they are minor characters and there has been absolutely no romance through the latest issue, this is solely about food. They are introducing a new female character next week, and people will start to ship her pretty quick (fun character), but she is not a romance character either. Souma isn't interested in that at the least.

People talking about Erina and Megumi are talking about what may happen 50-100 issues from now, not anything that has happened (and those issues would be 5-6 seasons from now).

The hints I alluded to about Erina was to 1) show that the writer isn't "rewriting" the character, Erina hasn't changed, her opinion of people has always been based on the quality of their cooking (that's part of the fun with her, she is tsun until she respects someone's food opinion then she turns all dere - not in a romantic way but friendly and pretty chatty), and 2) it is a key to the ultimate solution to this series, a solution that writer had in mind at the beginning.
Jun 23, 2015 4:40 AM
Jun 2015
julyan said:
Chung2 said:

I'll come back to you someday with the chapter that mentioned that. For now, I simply don't have the time to look for it.

ForbiddenFoeJun 23, 2015 4:48 AM
Jun 23, 2015 10:59 AM

Sep 2013
Wow the girl that has more screen time wins, who would have thought? :(
God tongue >> megumi's everything
Jun 23, 2015 2:22 PM

Apr 2015
ichii_1 said:
Wow the girl that has more screen time wins, who would have thought? :(
God tongue >> megumi's everything

True. Lame reason. If Erina happen to have more screen time then she'll be better?

Erina is best girl, she's blessed of an awesome tongue *hold crotch Joke! cooking skills and hot.. I meant HOOOOOTTTT body and with the latest... beautiful voice!!
#CHEXIT
Jun 23, 2015 2:40 PM
May 2014
LittleStar said:
Eh... I dislike when things like "you need to start manga" or "in gets better in manga", "it will be better in newest chapters"

I know this is called development, but in some cases this isn't good.

The problem is that Erina literally doesn't develop. She just changes from annoying spoiled ignorant child to this likable character and I feels like this is an insult to the fans. She didn't get any development, she just changed overnight.
Jun 24, 2015 1:00 AM

Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

The hints I alluded to about Erina was to 1) show that the writer isn't "rewriting" the character, Erina hasn't changed, her opinion of people has always been based on the quality of their cooking (that's part of the fun with her, she is tsun until she respects someone's food opinion then she turns all dere - not in a romantic way but friendly and pretty chatty)
OH,so thats why she rejected Souma when she first tasted his cooking and LOVED it...Makes sense now(!)....=_=
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.