Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 25, 2015 8:03 PM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bellamy is terrified of Doflamingo. Those moments with Luffy and Cavendish were funny.
Apr 25, 2015 8:36 PM

Jan 2014
Nice to see the arena fighters helping out Luffy instead of just doing a free for all. We get to see Kanjuro next week, that will be great ^__^
Apr 25, 2015 9:13 PM

Dec 2013
It was surprisingly awesome seeing the Colosseum fighters working together.
Apr 25, 2015 9:37 PM

Oct 2013
Well Kanjuro seems interesting. But all in all, I just want to see Sabo lol. Man Doflamingo seriously scared Bellamy though. I don't even know what is going in Doffy's head
Apr 25, 2015 10:42 PM

Jun 2013
Nothing happened in this episode.
Apr 26, 2015 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
We finally get to see Kanjuro next episode... I wonder what kind of sorcery he uses lol.
Apr 26, 2015 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
Now the coloseum fighters made some sense, this will be fun to watch.
Apr 26, 2015 4:08 AM

Oct 2014
"The bull's back had more space" - I love Law xD
Apr 26, 2015 4:59 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
best line in the episode

Apr 26, 2015 5:44 AM

Nov 2014
Finally the annoying criminal army becoming useful somehow, I just don't wanna see their fights, totally not interested in that.

And I also don't understand Belami; after everything that happened he is still asking Mingo willing to give him an extra chance if he said some another stupid lie?! Just start using your brain and stop trying to make him your commander already :/

Things are moving forward finally, tonatas have reached the SAD industry, luffy is avoiding all these secondary evil guys heading straight to Mingo. Still disappointed a bit since there is no Sabo, Fugitora or zoro :(

JOAOAA said:
best line in the episode

Loving the fact that Law's thoughts are becoming as crazy as luffy's team XD
You are getting there Law, soon you'll totally be real part of Luffy's crew (behaviour-wise not actually a crew member)
Apr 26, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2009
"My dear horse can only run beautifully with two people or less." Funny episode, I really liked Kyros' sudden appearance, wasn't expecting that.

Neat to see the coliseum army fighting the executives. There are other fights I'm more interested in but I still found these good.
Apr 26, 2015 8:30 AM

Aug 2012
Not bad, hard to make an episode interesting with this pacing but I found some enjoyment from it, hope to see the scenes with Doflamingo to be well executed to lead up nicely to the fight.

Also, Dellinger and Mach Vise are so retarded.
Apr 26, 2015 8:48 AM

Aug 2014
Suleiman...please stop

Did Kyros really say he wanted to kill Diamante or was it a mistranlation?
I know the guy is responsible for the death of his wife but i remember Kyros never wanted to kill a single soul because of what happen in his past.
Apr 26, 2015 9:15 AM

Apr 2008
BOOOOOO RIIIINNNGGG , tooooo damn sloooow pacing. Suleiman getting one hit ko-ed , rest of the guys also failing pretty hard vs the executives...
Only fun part of the episode was the cavendish comedy with kyros all of a sudden also sitting on the horse's back :p
Apr 26, 2015 11:27 AM

Sep 2013
Meh, 3/10, atleast Cavendish was good.
J053PH said:
Nothing happened in this episode.
Apr 26, 2015 2:34 PM
Dec 2013
Wait...Dellinger is a guy...but he is wearing high heels? Wow what a faggot. That has to be the gayest looking anime character Ive seen in my life.
Apr 26, 2015 5:09 PM

Jul 2012
The episode felt slow but we are slowly getting there. Waiting patiently to see Doflamingo getting owned.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 27, 2015 4:29 AM

Sep 2014
Not much this episode.
Lold at Law.
Apr 27, 2015 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
Lao G is a grandpa and he likes the letter g. Therefore he's gg. Get it? GG!

And now those ruthless pirates are working together to achieve a common goal and that's because of Luffy and the Strawhats. Wherever they go they bring peace and spread friendship. :)
Apr 27, 2015 6:32 AM

Jan 2013
Hm...another slow-paced episode.

Apr 27, 2015 6:50 AM

Aug 2014
Lol at Cavendish and Law. Also Kyros randomly appearing on screen with serious face was funny.
Apr 29, 2015 6:04 AM

Jan 2012
Looks like this Saga is gonna last as long if not longer than the Summit War Saga, this episode was somewhat better than recent ones but seriously is this gonna come to an end at all?

No Zoro screen-time in this ep *sad face* and I've been told that Nami and company haven't even been seen in the manga yet so if that's true *another sad face*
Apr 29, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
RaxideWay said:
PrimeX said:
Lao G is a grandpa and he likes the letter g. Therefore he's gg. Get it? GG!

And now those ruthless pirates are working together to achieve a common goal and that's because of Luffy and the Strawhats. Wherever they go they bring peace and spread friendship. :)

/
That's the best part of the episode..

I wonder if kanjuro could be Doflamingo's brother, this thing of "sorcery" and all.. Who knows?
Until that episode he "was" a samurai and now he can do sorcery, nothing is impossible.

Not to disappoint, but remember that Kinemon called his devil fruit power as "strange sorcery"!
Apr 29, 2015 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
Kryptiq said:

Did Kyros really say he wanted to kill Diamante or was it a mistranlation?
I know the guy is responsible for the death of his wife but i remember Kyros never wanted to kill a single soul because of what happen in his past.

Since when did Kyros said he did wanted to kill anybody? By the contrary, he considers himself dirty, because he is already a killer!

Did you forgot Doflamingo beheading? The intent was obviously killing!
Apr 29, 2015 2:38 PM

May 2014
Delinger is kinda my favorite executive, up there with baby 5.
His voice actor is just awesome, and his fight was really nice.
I liked that part and the Cavendish stuff + the other filler for the fighters.
but yeah one of the better OP eps

Apr 29, 2015 2:50 PM

Jan 2015
Slow-paced kind of boring episode, funny Cavendish though
Apr 29, 2015 3:19 PM
Apr 2013
That part where Luffy says to Cav. :
-You get out of the horse.
May 1, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2008
JOAOAA said:
best line in the episode

This.
May 2, 2015 3:01 PM
Mar 2015
Is it just me or is the arc dragging more than they usual? Seriously, this one is taking too long.
May 3, 2015 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
^even though One piece seems to be in "drag" mode. It still entertaining for me.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 2015 1:31 AM

Oct 2013
TempestLili said:
Is it just me or is the arc dragging more than they usual? Seriously, this one is taking too long.

Note that a story or section of a story being long doesn't mean it is dragging. Most people seem to wrongly think that.

Dragging is, making something long by filling it with boring and dull things!

Filling something with interesting and full of live stuff isn't dragging. Is not about if something could be shorter, but about if things being showed are interesting and/or captivating.
Here is an Oda comment related to this:
"I don't care whatever readers complain in the middle stage of a story because I am confident of highlight scenes being interesting." Manga Omo! (2002)

I've been noting that watchers/readers take into account the dead-time(time spent waiting for another chapter/episode) and the quantity they get in the active-time(time reading/watching the manga/anime).
Meaning if a watcher watch an arc in a weekly schedule with the occasional breaks in the middle, he will think the arc is super dragged out. If the same watcher watch the same arc, but all in one go, the idea of dragging will not even pop up in his mind a single time.
With this it seems more than the content being boring and/or dull, the fact that the watcher doesn't get what he wants(the entire arc experience) is what the dragged out means. In that case the problem has more to do with release schedule than with the content.
The solution is also simple! Finding a good schedule to watch the arc.
A possible good one is to wait for the entirety of an arc to be completed and watch it all in one go.

Let's take this episode as an example. The episode has these scenes:
1- Bellamy talking with Doflamingo about his actions.
2- Coliseum fighters fighting against Doflamingo family executives.
3- Country Civilians damage controlling, or at least trying to, the situation.
4- Kinemon looking for Kanjuro.
5- The Tontattas that work in the factory as slaves, getting aware and taking actions about the deception.
6- Luffy and Kyros getting Cavendish help.
7- Coliseum fighters getting together and fighting as a team.

Due to the anime only adapting 1 chapter per episode they add in the scenes what I like to call "Ambiance moments", moments where the focus is immersing the watcher into the feeling/mood of the scene. As an example, in this episode, the moment right after Doflamingo says that he could be anything as long as he could destroy the world.

Looking at each scene and to the ambiance moments in them. What feels boring, dull to you?
As for me, I find everything really interesting, and I'm even accustomed to the ambiance moments to a point where most of them I find it even adds to my enjoyment of the episode.
May 5, 2015 9:04 AM

Nov 2010
It's dragging more than usual, becasue 1 chapter per episode pacing doesn't exist anymore. Now it's 0.7 per episode on average.
May 14, 2015 6:36 AM

Jan 2012
Dat ending everyone agree on the same thing finally.

May 16, 2015 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
Best scenes were the commanders fighting, everything else was kinda meh though.
May 19, 2015 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao ... suddenly Kyros is on the horse aswell :D
Was nice seeing the bunch of idiots work together to help Luffy.
Jul 27, 2015 9:20 PM

Apr 2009
The Don Quixote Family executives finally show their stuff especially Dellinger.

Yes Dagama practice your damn strategic skills for once.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 12, 2015 7:54 AM
Oct 2013
So it's been a year since Nami and chopper appeared in the anime?
Sep 6, 2015 1:56 PM
Jan 2015
badass ending
Dec 31, 2015 7:59 AM

Jun 2015
Is dellinger gay or smth?
Aug 10, 2016 3:34 AM

Mar 2015
Dellinger needs to meet Ivankov
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 18, 2016 12:26 AM

May 2013
Hanatarou is seriously 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x cuter than Dellinger >.>

Oh cool. The colosseum dudes are finally working together. It'd be awesome if they'd be the start of Luffy's affiliated crewmates like Whitebeard's army of diff pirate groups :D
Mar 4, 2017 6:44 AM

Mar 2012
I wish it wasn't so corny with trying to make these guys (the competitors) likable when the majority of them were complete ass holes and even murdered innocent people if I remember right.
Dec 26, 2017 1:13 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hilarious with Cavendish invites to Luffy to rider with him and the next sequence is riding too the "little soldier"!!! lol
Feb 7, 2020 1:38 PM

Jun 2016
Bellamy has finally confronted Doflamingo and what we got was interesting. Doflamingo seems to separate himself from Bellamy. Bellamy wants to be a pirate but Doflamingo wants to destroy the world. If that’s enough of a difference to make manipulating and killing Bellamy acceptable despite him sharing the same dedication and love of Doffy that his family does, then I suppose we can assume everyone in the Don Quixote family wants to destroy the world. This can also be seen with Law's joining. I feel awful for Bellamy. For Doflamingo, it is clear he does not care for those outside of his family’s executives with few exceptions. However, Bellamy is so close to him that it does feel like betrayal. It looked as though he was going to be the one to kill Bellamy as well. It's fascinating how at one point I saw Bellamy as an asshole with one narrative purpose, to get his butt kicked by Luffy. Yet now with how he feels himself as stagnant, as if he didn’t grow at all over these years, with how he’s been tossed away by his childhood hero despite his childish admiration and loyalty, with how he came to respect Luffy and refused to kill him, Bellamy has become one of the most sympathetic characters in Dressrosa. Good stuff Oda.

I was bored of the whole “I’m going to be the one to kill Doflamingo, not you!!” gag that has been ongoing. This episode almost made it all worth it. The amount of chaos built up between the cast as they fought with arrogance, with no semblance of teamwork or unity, was proven not to be an ego issue but just that, childish arrogance. When they recognized that they needed to work together, they did, and they did so to help Luffy. In a single moment after some horrible beatings like Suleiman being super cool but still being stabbed or Machvise grinding Boo into the ground, they all put aside their differences, and even saved each other like with Ideo and Blue Gilly. It made for a somewhat cathartic and beautiful moment.

The end with Cavendish and Kyros was especially wonderful. Cavendish may have shown yet again that through his narcissism, he can be a tsundere who acts on gratitude and respect for others, even if it hinders his chance for attention. Him putting aside his pride, only to yell at Luffy for not being humble and taking the ride for granted was hysterical, especially because Cavendish isn’t the most humble person either. Kyros snuck on and started to yell at Luffy for putting Rebecca in danger making for some endearing fatherly love and Cavendish was ignored while screaming at them, it was hilarious and sweet all around. It looks like Cavendish will be making it far in this journey and thus he will be bringing Hakuba to Doflamingo’s front door. This last moment also established the very not-Fishman Island although completely understandable take of revenge Kyros stated, that he needs to kill Diamante with his own hands. Yet, this is somewhat odd as someone else in the thread mentioned, a huge part of Kyros’ past is learning to deal with the murder he committed out of revenge, recall that he wore gloves when touching Rebecca since he had ‘tainted’ hands, but I guess history can repeat itself. And this should be good because we all know Law and Luffy have to face Doflamingo so it still gives Kyros a serious chance for some spotlight.

The Tontatta signaled to each other from outside of the factory that they were being tricked and the single phrase “fight!” This made for another cathartic moment of everything coming together, the enslaved Tontatta are fighting back and will be opening the door from the inside which makes the lack of a key no problem at all. I do have to question why the heck the slavers felt the need to whip people that would do what they said anyways, it feels excessively cruel.

We got another horrifying scene of a man nearing murdering his family before being tied up by his fellow people which denoted the hope they have during this massacre. Unlike last time, they know what is happening and they can counteract it. They can stop each other. Horrible things have still happened, those men tied up were still crying over the heinous things they were forced to do, but the people are strong. One even tanked a gunshot to the shoulder to prevent that man from shooting his family. Yet, this also means they are trying to capture the wanted people as soon as they can which means they are heading for Riku and Usopp in hordes.

Lastly and maybe least, I love Kin’emon so much. We saw him for like a minute this episode and I got so excited. He’s one of my favorite recent characters and he brings me so much joy. It appears he found a hiding and snoring Kanjuro at the end which means we may get some crazy samurai action coming up soon. The more of these Wano warriors the better!!!
May 11, 2021 3:48 AM

May 2016
If the townspeople would just focus on restraining the controlled people of Dressrosa like how the Marines should have been doing instead of going after bounties and end up as cannon fodder, that'd be nice.

It's time to seize the means of production, little people!

It's rather amusing to see the Colosseum's fighters suddenly get their acts together just so they can show off to Luffy. I'd say that they'd be worthy officers for God Ussop's Grand Fleet lmao

Aug 11, 2021 1:27 PM

Jun 2019
"The bull's back had more space"
So, you noticed? Law.
Aug 27, 2021 3:52 AM

Aug 2021
Colosseum's fighters goooo buttobasu

Kanjura next ep :D
May 11, 2022 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
when doflamingo said "I'm fine with anything as long as a I can destroy this world " it was somehow epic I want know why he wants destroy the world I'm glad that kyros is the one who is going to beat diamante after what he did to kyros
Aug 18, 2022 1:42 AM
Mar 2021
amzing kkkkkk .................
Mar 8, 2023 8:29 AM
Dec 2020
I'd like to know what people that called Dressrosa one of the best arcs were smoking on
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 347 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Mar 18, 2008

54 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 minutes ago

» The problem is

egosumjohn - Apr 10

43 by Freeman235 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 346 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Mar 10, 2008

45 by gannoncannon55 »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Yesterday

7 by ashutosh_thakur »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 345 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Mar 2, 2008

52 by gannoncannon55 »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.