Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 25, 2015 9:51 PM

Feb 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
I feel like this series has too much to offer in so little time

Yesyesyesyesyes.

The pacing feels a bit off for me because of it, I guess you can only do so much with such a large bunch of characters and 12 episodes to explore them in...
Apr 25, 2015 10:08 PM

Jul 2014
AquaWateria said:
Seiryuu2 said:
Holy shit, that was awesome Episode.
As someone mentioned above, 12 episode is not enough for succeeding this series to be a great series. The info dump we get is not enough to make the watcher of this series understands what's is really going on. I heard this anime will have an original ending which is different than the manga, I hope it will be good.

Libra is such a fun and well maintained organization. It seems like they love throwing any party here and there and makes much sense on the ED itself. When they knew they are going to deal with Vampire along with someone they don't want to get involve with, their face becoming upset. I thought they are going to have some strict asshole who's simultaneously a badass, and Damn i was wrongg loool XD

He had me dying of laughter this entire episode, that guy sneezed and a fucking plane crashed looool, And poor Zapp just wanted to stay the fuck away from this guy like a serious fuck lool.

The action was pretty intense and the animation was a top notch as well as I love how Klaus rekted them into a nutshells. But seeing K.K. And Steven getting beaten like that makes me wonder how strong Blood 13 is.

For now all we know is that there are anime original characters not that there will a anime original ending. Considering the series is really flexible with its world and story they could definitely do a Noragami route by not screwing up the ending or plot but just have anime original content. Just hope for the best since the BD sales are doing well so there's hope for a second season. But there's also Bones making an anime original ending.

Yep, It's either they are going to do Noragami Route or making second season with throwing some explanation first or info dump.

Apr 25, 2015 10:24 PM

Nov 2013
Flawfinder said:
The action in this show is terrible. I'm not against an entire episode dedicated to establishing the characters' fighting prowess as a team with a throwaway episodic plot, even though it should have happened an episode or three ago, but only if the fight is visually exciting to watch. Unfortunately, other than the style and a "very" simplistic strategy, it had nothing going for it. There's no back-and-forth, the choreography is minimal, those stupid "Jojo-ish" letters just take me out of the experience, and it keeps cutting away from the action "juuuuuust" as it's about to get interesting.

Since the non-action scenes consisted of mostly dialogue-heavy setup with only the beginning and ending scenes actually being relevant to the overall story whilst the rest was dedicated to world-building and setting up a lame climax, I don't think I need to spell out my opinion of this week's BBB.

Seconding this, hell I even think after watching this episodes, this series is certainly will be mindless mediocre battle shounen.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 25, 2015 11:21 PM

May 2014
It's getting more and more interesting! The action, even though it was short, was really cool. Leo and Zapp are hilarious when together.

The comedy in this show is really funny. Usually, when a show with this kind of comedy, I usually don't laugh as much but this show does it really well.
Apr 25, 2015 11:37 PM

Aug 2008
Last 3 episodes is very boring. This is the first time it interesting for me.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 26, 2015 12:49 AM

Apr 2013
Damn it! I love the OST! That song near the end when they come out of the train station is awesome!
Apr 26, 2015 12:57 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, this is fun. I'm getting concerned about the sheer magnitude of characters this show is starting to amass, but it's usually pretty funny reading their details when they're first introduced. Also, was that vampire on the train at the start meant to be White's brother or something? That would definitely make things very interesting if that were to be the case.
Apr 26, 2015 1:03 AM

Jan 2015
ep 4 is out

I still dont kno what the heck is happening
(doesn't matter. I only watch dis series 4 its ED)
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 26, 2015 1:51 AM

Apr 2013
Entertaining and stylish as usual
Apr 26, 2015 3:43 AM

Sep 2013
Klaus-sama
Apr 26, 2015 3:58 AM

Apr 2013
man i love this sooo much.

wish it was 2 cour
Apr 26, 2015 4:49 AM

Feb 2012
HitsuWTG said:
Flawfinder said:
Edit: By the way, what does Chain do exactly? She's supposed to be a werewolf and yet I haven't seen her do jack but jump around and be off-screen when the shit hits the fan.

IIRC that was explained in one of the very first chapters of the manga (the ones that have been scanslated), though wasn't mentioned in the anime. Chain was established for gathering intelligence and the like from what I remember, so she wouldn't really be involved in actual combat.

That sounds like something the anime should have made clear.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Apr 26, 2015 5:07 AM

Oct 2012
Flawfinder said:
HitsuWTG said:

IIRC that was explained in one of the very first chapters of the manga (the ones that have been scanslated), though wasn't mentioned in the anime. Chain was established for gathering intelligence and the like from what I remember, so she wouldn't really be involved in actual combat.

That sounds like something the anime should have made clear.

Why? Was it not obvious enough from this and the second episode?
Apr 26, 2015 7:52 AM

Apr 2015
I love this show and i don't undertand nothing :D

Lemongrope said:
GreenBenjamin said:
I feel like this series has too much to offer in so little time

Yesyesyesyesyes.

The pacing feels a bit off for me because of it, I guess you can only do so much with such a large bunch of characters and 12 episodes to explore them in...

There is so much to explorer in so little time..
Apr 26, 2015 9:05 AM

Nov 2009
Still aots for me.

Till now th situation in that world was treated more like an amusing comedy that anything, but for the first time in the series it got across the terrifying feeling just by how thin a threat peace in that world is hanging, and how it could be plunged into the depths of despair any minute.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 26, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2014
Best shit of the season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
Zapp show stealer LOL
Apr 26, 2015 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
I can't express how much I love this! It's totally random, it's really refreshing and every episode brings a different story with it. The OSTs are amazing, and in my opinion, probably the best this season. The opening and ending are great too, and I love the fact they're all dancing in the ending. It's really stupid but is also serious, some which is very hard to achieve in stories if you don't have the right characters or plot.

Shame there are only 12 episodes but if it's successful there could be a 2nd season. I'm hoping that is doesn't get rushed and it carries on as the greatness it is now.
Apr 26, 2015 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
heiqi1hu said:
Zapp show stealer LOL

Yes! I'd say he's my favorite character in the series so far.
---------My Profile------------
Apr 26, 2015 12:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Awesome episode. I love this show. It's got an incredible energy and creativity.

I think I'm going crazy, but I could swear that the tune the kid whistles at the beginning is based on one of the themes from the film Once Upon A Time In America (Ennio Morricone of course). Nobody I'd rule it out in an anime, but this show is so wonderfully crazy that it just might be the case.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2015 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
Are they skipping stuff? The ghost lady already left the building wtf

this has to be the ost i've heard
Apr 26, 2015 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
WAIT IM CONFUSED ABOUT ONE THING! They said they had not proof of vampires existing but isnt KLAUS a Vampire???

Any way other than that, this show really has me thinking that if this had more episodes than 12, and a slightly slower pace, could have easily been one of the best animes of all time just due to its plot setting.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 26, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2007
This has to be the anime of the year. Holy shit the music the visuals, the story, the characters, everything.

This is brilliant. The end of episode had chills going through my spine.
Apr 26, 2015 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
I started watching this purely because of the ED, and I'm not disappointed in the slightest
Apr 26, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2014
Yesmo said:
Flawfinder said:
The action in this show is terrible. I'm not against an entire episode dedicated to establishing the characters' fighting prowess as a team with a throwaway episodic plot, even though it should have happened an episode or three ago, but only if the fight is visually exciting to watch. Unfortunately, other than the style and a "very" simplistic strategy, it had nothing going for it. There's no back-and-forth, the choreography is minimal, those stupid "Jojo-ish" letters just take me out of the experience, and it keeps cutting away from the action "juuuuuust" as it's about to get interesting.

Since the non-action scenes consisted of mostly dialogue-heavy setup with only the beginning and ending scenes actually being relevant to the overall story whilst the rest was dedicated to world-building and setting up a lame climax, I don't think I need to spell out my opinion of this week's BBB.

Seconding this, hell I even think after watching this episodes, this series is certainly will be mindless mediocre battle shounen.

Yea. The show's production values are good, yet fights pretty much come down to a few hits being exchanged, then a 1-hit KO on the bad guys - and it's done.

I'll still watch it though...
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Apr 26, 2015 1:50 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I wanna know more about that girl that stayed in his room. And the ED is just so awesome.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Apr 26, 2015 2:38 PM

Nov 2014
It's hard to follow story, feels rushed.

Apr 26, 2015 2:44 PM

Sep 2008
Maybe I will write this little late...
and kinda from nowhere, but...
Damn it!
I love everything in ending theme!
Just can't never skip ending theme and always watching it xD
Apr 26, 2015 3:12 PM
Oct 2010
ExTamplierRuss said:

It's not rushed, it's just incoherent, them jumping locations between scenes doesn't help with that either.
Apr 26, 2015 3:30 PM
Apr 2014
skudoops said:
ExTamplierRuss said:

It's not rushed, it's just incoherent, them jumping locations between scenes doesn't help with that either.

Well it makes sense considering the world they live in is chaotic and random, so the pacing fits really well. Plus all the answers are given through the visuals which is why this series would benefit if it were to be dubbed.

Still though I don't feel confused in the slightest, probably because I'm use to series like Baccano which jumps around as well.
Apr 26, 2015 3:35 PM

Jul 2007
ExTamplierRuss said:

That's the type of storytelling.

Non-linear storytelling is very common in more complex narrative works.

Baccano! And Durarara! also use it.

Baccano alone jumps between multiple locations, characters and eras multiple times per episode.
Apr 26, 2015 6:44 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode. The narrative they're creating is really causing me to desire more than 12 episodes.
Apr 26, 2015 7:18 PM

Sep 2013
Best ost in this season
Apr 26, 2015 8:40 PM

Apr 2015
Mimicking others, I'll say that I quite enjoy the ending music & animation. I wouldn't normally think too say this since I like most series' openings and endings.

(I had no clue "mimicking" had a "k" in it. Thanks spellcheck!)
Apr 26, 2015 9:03 PM

May 2013
Vampires have finally come. Well, they got some awesome effects, but they were still no match for Klaus.
This is the best episode yet. I love it when they put good story line like this.
Apr 26, 2015 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
Such a stylish episode. Still hard to follow and random.
Apr 27, 2015 12:22 AM

Aug 2010
Luvit
every second of it
Apr 27, 2015 1:49 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode! Enough said!
Apr 27, 2015 2:06 AM

Mar 2015
Feels like cut-off movie. Slow pacing - to hell with it! It's cool, considering where events happening. I think, what will be anime-only ending, like in Noragami..
Apr 27, 2015 5:25 AM

Jan 2013
They also have vampires, huh? Nice.
Abram's character is really amusing, I mean he attracts misfortune with every step he walks xD
Klaus was bad-ass again, I love his character. And that song at the end was nice.

Apr 27, 2015 5:54 AM

Mar 2008
sometimes i feel this show is all over the place but the characters are all so entertaining and interesting that i can't help enjoying it entirely. every episode always goes by in a flash and the soundtrack is a bomb. i love zapp
Apr 27, 2015 8:14 AM

Aug 2014
Very nice episode. That Blitz and his ''luck'', lmao. Wherever he goes something happens. Seems like vampires are heavily present in this anime as well, unless the thread somehow gets swept under the rug. Will they be the main antagonists now? Well, even two of them almost killed key members of Libra, so I'm wondering how they'll deal with thousands. I've gotta say, I really liked the song that played towards the end.

Can't wait to find out more about the King of Despair.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 27, 2015 8:58 AM
Jan 2009
Glad to see people are enjoying this!

The people who are citing the oddly fast pacing are not off the mark though. In the manga this mini-arc was easily enough content for two whole episodes. The anime skipped over the whole part where they introduce the vampires as characters, which is sad.

And next episode they're skipping over a whole plot segment that delves into Steven and Chain's characters

This should have been a 26-episode series for sure, There's no way they're cramming 9-10 volumes of content into 12 episodes along with the anime-only malarcky(which I hope will be good)

EVERYONE GO AND BUY THE MANGA PLS
Apr 27, 2015 11:16 AM
Apr 2013
abyss333 said:
WAIT IM CONFUSED ABOUT ONE THING! They said they had not proof of vampires existing but isnt KLAUS a Vampire???

Any way other than that, this show really has me thinking that if this had more episodes than 12, and a slightly slower pace, could have easily been one of the best animes of all time just due to its plot setting.

Lol, why would Klaus be a vampire? Obviously he is not.
Apr 27, 2015 11:36 AM

Dec 2008
Klaus, you are one BAMF!

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 27, 2015 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Klaus for best character
[/quote]
Apr 27, 2015 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
Vindstot said:
At first, I though Leo spotted a Ghoul, rather than a Vampire. Those crimson aura reminded of Touka's Ukaku.

Abrams' curse affecting his surroundings while he stayed unscathed was pretty funny, particularly Zapp's blood spillage from his forehead. XD

Elder 13 must be one formidable group if laying eyes on caused damage to Leo, who possesses the "All-seeing Eyes of the Gods." Looks like there are actually far more than 13 of them! :O

K.K. and Steven couldn't really do much against the Vampire duo. Loved how Klaus came to their rescue though. This dude is badass as hell!

That megane guy from the beginning seems to be a hotshot, calling himself the "King of Despair." Wonder what's his connection to the ghost girl.

Good episode. Next week's PV looks hilarious! Looking forward to more of Zapp and Leo screentime!

that ghoul part caught my attention as well XD
Apr 27, 2015 3:28 PM

Dec 2010
I agree that was a pretty awesome episode. Feels like they are beginning to introduce elements of the main plot. Although I don't know how far they will get with it considering it only has 12 episodes. Also, I sort of forget about Femt, hope it gets to do stuff in the future.

Lots of mysteries are beginning to pile up, but it still remains a pretty strong show so far! Hope it stays this good!
Apr 27, 2015 7:28 PM

Mar 2015
i think i'm enjoying this show too much.
yet another great episode;;
Apr 27, 2015 7:44 PM

Jul 2009
lol for the part in the bar at the beginning i was just watching dat monkey.

I find it funny how they were acting so surprised about vampires yet they are naturally around monsters all the time

lawl at Zapp's reactions to Abrams.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

121 by Stumegtif »»
Jan 12, 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.