Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even more buildup? Eh...this pacing.

Kinda felt bad for Mikaze this episode regarding his health. So I also noticed they manage to squeeze in a song at the very end. Is this series going to follow this type of pattern? lol. The song's style is kinda catchy I guess.
Apr 25, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
3rd group in one movie and senpai is the main character. The main girl is producing the theme song, too. Other members of two groups are looking at the rain. Wow, he's a robot (more shocking fact in his profile)!! Though not enough power because he covered rain.

The filming still progresses, and three of them are helping him. lol @ how all three of them trying to cool him from the fever. What he acts out is like himself, for being alone and don't rely on others. "Being thankful for being beside him"... that's the feeling for his song? He was able to survive until the end.

Suwabe-san's character, Syo, and Cecil next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 25, 2015 11:21 AM

Sep 2008
OMG! After cat become human thing I thought nothing will suprise me again in this series, looks I was wrong xD
But... AI!? A-I?! Artificial Intelligence, not Love! How brilliant! xD
LittleStarApr 25, 2015 11:24 AM
Apr 25, 2015 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
Somehow, I'm not surprised Shining was the one that had the idea to commission a robot o.O I guess I'm too used to his little antics.
Does it bother anyone else that the movie looks like it's supposed to be set in the victorian period but the song in it is a pop song? Seems out of place to me. But oh well ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I would give this epispde 3/5 since nothing really happened, but since this was Ai's episode, I'll give it a 4.
Apr 25, 2015 12:19 PM

Nov 2012
lmaoo i love how they just rolled with the fact that ai is a robot :p
well not that much happened, i guess they're continuing with the slow pace. :/
Apr 25, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2011
Wow this anime...I can't even...
And their reaction was so lukewarm. They just found out he's a freakin robot and they acted as if it's the most natural thing in the world. I know I'm not supposed to take this anime seriously but come on. A freakin robot. :P
Apr 25, 2015 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
ROBOT OMG

Tommy surpassed the original Tommy in his acting career <3

Innocent Wind <3
Apr 25, 2015 1:22 PM
Feb 2008
Jinrou said:
And their reaction was so lukewarm. They just found out he's a freakin robot and they acted as if it's the most natural thing in the world. I know I'm not supposed to take this anime seriously but come on. A freakin robot. :P

What's worse is that he practiced out in the rain even though he knew it was bad for him? This anime doesn't make much sense at all ...

Edit: Didn't even realise before but why did he take on an offer for a film that is set to be filmed in the rain in the first place? O.o
LirinaApr 25, 2015 1:33 PM
Apr 25, 2015 1:53 PM
Mar 2014
Lirina said:
What's worse is that he practiced out in the rain even though he knew it was bad for him? This anime doesn't make much sense at all ...

Edit: Didn't even realise before but why did he take on an offer for a film that is set to be filmed in the rain in the first place? O.o

I don't think the rain was something needed for the film. If i remember well, it was just a cloudy day but even if started raining they decided to keep the filming.
Apr 25, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
XDXDXD a robot..... XDXD
when they were trying to cold him was so surrealist XDXDXD

i keep on enjoying shinomiya natsuki in this episode too :D
would satsuki appear again??? pleasee i want him to lost the glasses XD
Apr 25, 2015 5:59 PM

Feb 2015
Ai is cute for a robot but man the pacing is so slow.
Apr 25, 2015 6:54 PM

Sep 2009
well that was cute.

that ending though. they're all chilling with the fact that he basically shut down. kay.

i definitely like how they're giving an episode to the senpai as well. starish is endearing and all, but it's nice to have episodes focus on the other characters too.
Apr 25, 2015 9:21 PM

Jul 2011
Very interesting episode...A.I. = Artifical Intelligence but it's also his name which is also quite ironic because Ai also means love which is an emotion that robots don't feel.

mind blown.
Apr 26, 2015 12:05 AM

May 2010
More Shinomiya? Didn't we have enough of him already? Not that I dislike him, just find him boring.

Must be rough being Reiji, being surround by three silent people.

Lol Mikaze, if you are a robot then don't practice your lines in the rain to begin with.

Haruka fanning was sort of cute.

This episode was not as good as the previous one. Mikaze says the same thing 50 times. Repeating lines is a very risky thing esp. for the sake of drama. Shouldn't be overdone as it makes the scene very awkward. Good insert song tho, reminded me a little of Orpheus.

I wonder how many times Mikaze fell this episode, and the staff didn't even care lmaooo. They were like, "awesome improvisition. Good job, Mikaze-san."
Apr 26, 2015 12:06 AM

Nov 2009
Robots in this show...? oh my, this hit a new ridiculous low, damn. I'm disappointed, as I hoped they'd keep it close to reality.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 26, 2015 12:08 AM

May 2010
CG said:
Robots in this show...? oh my, this hit a new ridiculous low, damn. I'm disappointed, as I hoped they'd keep it close to reality.

Cecil is a cat tho. The show stopped being realistic a long time ago (Hence why I am not that big a fan of S2. S1 was the best) At least idol robots make more sense than magical cats.
Apr 26, 2015 12:30 AM

Feb 2010
lmao Ai-chan is a robot i guess this sorta makes it a little more interesting since now i can imagine robot-ai sing Triangle Beat haha

his solo song wasnt too bad tho the piano piece playing in the background sounded nice.
Anyone know what it was called?
Apr 26, 2015 1:26 AM

Oct 2012
AiRobot

get it? get it? get it??????
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 26, 2015 10:41 AM
Mar 2014
CG said:

There are a lot more things in the games xD anyway, Since when Utapri was close to reality?

Like really... i never thought someone will hope something realistic or logic from this. In the first and second season Utapri show us what we have to wait from them, ridiculousness. That's why i like it so much xD
Apr 26, 2015 4:19 PM

Feb 2012
Well, the fact that Ai is a robot didn't really surprise me since I had accidentally spoilered myself long time ago, the episode itself was... quite the adventure to watch.

I gave up searching for any sort of logic in these series, but oh man. If Ai's a robot, how does he recharge? Why couldn't he recharge while it was raining (since it was memtioned that he'll hope he last till the end of the shooting etc)? Why they kept shooting since it was raining so heavily and why Ai agreed to that since he knows it's bad for him? Why the cast did absolutely nothing when Ai was collapsing so frequently indeed? All these questions, hah. *I'm probably nitpicking but oh well*

I hope the next episode will be more eventful and we'll get to see the rest of group.
Apr 26, 2015 7:25 PM
Jan 2015
Meh. The episode was OK. One of the things that disappointed me the most was how Haruka really didn't take much part in the episode itself. Is she really a main character? I would like to see how she would REALLY contribute to helping the boys, not just be there to put music on the table and sorta help. AND THE SONG... My expectations were put down after I heard the song. I honestly am a HUGE Ai fan and wanted to hear some really beautiful music (esp. w/ dat beaut vibrato he got), but what I got was a meh song. Sure it has some pretty good parts, but the instrumental is just a little more than a simple beat and it could have been a little more melodic. The song I wanna hear from Ai is one that I'll want to keep listening to, not just listen once. The songs/compositions from this season aren't sounding so hot, but compared to the OtaNatsu song, Ai's is much better (theirs sounds kinda awkward *shot*). Probably because they had different song composers and arrangers idk. And like others said, it's pretty slow.

rating: (3/5) <--- beacause I'm bias
Apr 27, 2015 5:22 PM

Oct 2011
Did they really just play the "suddenly robot and doesn't comprehend human emotions" card? Second anime this Spring season that is pulling the robot card!

I didnt expect anything to be rational in uta pri anymore, esspecially after Cecil was introduced, but its just used so ridiculously. I guess thats just how otome games go. I loved Ai's song tho. I will give the creators credit with the AI (Artificial Intelligence).

Forum icon by Yandere

Apr 27, 2015 10:38 PM

Jun 2011
......I am officially angry with this show now because of the curveball that they pulled with Ai. So much that the moment I saw the mechanics, I had to pause and just let out the most frustrated groan and throw my phone down. Just to come here and rant. So bear with me.

A-I, good curve in terms of his name, I wouldn't have expected Artificial Intelligence to become a factor. But dear GOD, I'm so irritated that they randomly gave this twist into the series, a series that was SUPPOSED to be more of a slice of life that went haywire by the time season 2 hit!

Ai had so much more emotion in the second season (...Which, honestly, I believed he was just stoic), and then suddenly he's a damn Vocaloid. I'm just... I can't even, WHY would UtaPri pull something like that, it's just too ridiculous.

I thought this show was crazy enough with Cecil being a damn cat turned cute but really annoying in my head guy to FUCKING PRINCE... but this is just a brand new low, and I really don't know how I can keep watching this show...

*Sigh* *Chants to self* Kenichi Suzumura, Mamoru Miyano... Kenichi Suzumura, Mamoru Miyano... must see idol unit form... must... resist... urge... to kill... just survive to that point... then leave... okay...? You can do it...
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Apr 27, 2015 11:00 PM

Jan 2015
Ai is an AI.. surprising. But then you notice the pun with Ai's name and you think to yourself" why didn't i realize before?!"

this episode was alright wasn't that good but not too bad either!
Apr 28, 2015 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
Hurray for Artificial Intelligence ! (AI) XD
I should be kinda mad they pulled this off but then again I never really took this show seriously so props to them!??! I guess
Apr 28, 2015 11:34 PM
Jun 2014
And so they finally reveal that Mikaze is a robot. Didn't think they would actually do this in the anime.
Episode was slow. I loved the ending though. Mikaze's song was just amazing. LOVE!
Apr 29, 2015 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
I think Ai's song was the highlight of this unbearably slow episode. Although I already knew that Ai was an A.I., I felt that the realisation scene was very underwhelming. It seemed like it was the most natural thing in the world. lol. Then again, since playing DMMd, having robots as romantic partners in an otome game is nothing too hard to swallow. XD
Apr 29, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
Song was...bland. I liked the second track in the CD much more. He doesn't suit this genre. Ai is my least favourite QN boy and this episode wasn't that impressive either. I did like the idea of introducing the fact that he was a robot!

Next episode is... Ren (Suwabe Junichi), Cecil (Toriumi Kousuke) & Syo (Hiro Shimono)
GET HYPEEE
Apr 30, 2015 3:11 PM

Aug 2013
Ai?! Robot?! W-Whaaat?!
Man, I was so suprised! xD

This was good episode overall, but, yeah, pacing is really slow.
Do you think this season might have more that 12 episodes?
Apr 30, 2015 5:11 PM

Feb 2011
At first I thought all this talk of robots was a joke, then I remembered Cecil was once a cat.

There are going to be aliens by season 4.
Apr 30, 2015 5:59 PM

Jan 2014
R0LAN said:
his solo song wasnt too bad tho the piano piece playing in the background sounded nice.
Anyone know what it was called?

You mean the song? I'm pretty sure it's called Innocent Wind, I mean, it's the name of the episode and the episode names are always the insert song names so....

Nicholaevich said:
At first I thought all this talk of robots was a joke, then I remembered Cecil was once a cat.

There are going to be aliens by season 4.

YES. And then in season 5 they'll reveal that all the guys are teenage vampires.
May 2, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2008
So they revealed Ai's secret~ I was wondering if it would really be included at some point since it's a spoiler for the game, but when he was in the rain and collapsed, it was clear.
Ittoki's appearance made me laugh~ It happened as if right out of an advertisement! I wonder if that was supposed to be parodic... At first I thought "looks like someone among the staff likes Ren and Icchi, huh", but then I realised it was because of Masato, whom I would actually rather want to see wiping his face for once, haha.
They should really change the hairstyles a bit when acting. I can imagine that's because of the relation to the CD jackets, but still. I mean, I doubt Ai's even fits the setting.
Nanami and the others trying to cool him down looked kind of silly, tbh... I wish they could have shown more interactions between her and the episode's character rather than with the respective senpai-kouhai group's members. Speaking of that, the episodes are getting too separate from the initial setting. I hope they can at least wrap everything up properly later on... Despite that, this episode was generally better than the last two in terms of the progress being believable; I also liked details such as Natsuki and Shou being considerate of Ai. The song was awesome as always, of course. Now I want to listen to QuarNigh's new song even badlier, but there's also the unit song to look forward to next time, although I'm guessing they'll be acting again. OTL

SoraLover1994 said:
I'm so irritated that they randomly gave this twist into the series, a series that was SUPPOSED to be more of a slice of life that went haywire by the time season 2 hit!

I don't know why you (and others) would think that they suddenly did this, as if they changed his setting midway. That isn't the case.
Aside from the short appearance near the end of the first season, Ai was properly introduced way before the second season with information making it clear there is something different about him, because his weight and blood type were not revealed.
Face_FaithMay 2, 2015 8:27 AM
May 3, 2015 7:25 AM
Sep 2014
I like how Ai just randomly falls out and the directors and staff just pack up and leave him for dead lol wtf
May 4, 2015 1:40 PM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:

So I also noticed they manage to squeeze in a song at the very end. Is this series going to follow this type of pattern? lol.

Have you seen the previous seasons of Utapri? They both did the same formula (each guy has his own "route" and song) previously, so I'm not sure why you're surprised at all by them following the same pattern.

I think this episode was pretty good, and I'm just dumbfounded by what they did with Ai. I guess it's kinda cute that his name both means love and can be short for Artificial Intelligence.
May 18, 2015 5:16 AM
Jul 2013
Jinrou said:

They study at the Shining Academy. They have to deal with SHAININGU's shenanigans on a daily basis. I bet they wouldn't blink an eye if the Moon split up one night to reveal a gigantic neon portrait of him.
Jun 14, 2015 12:17 AM

May 2013
this episode...makes me fansgirling non stop.
made by bunnyama
Jun 26, 2015 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
AI = Ai, should have seen that coming. LOL @ this show's absolute absurdity. Radiation sheet music, happy pulse universe, and now idol robots. Holy smokes, can't even imagine what they'll think of next. I did like Ai's song though and Haruka just keeps proving to be a good heroine.
Aug 2, 2015 8:42 AM

May 2012
Oh that was actually interesting character development but still this pacing....
Aug 23, 2015 3:11 AM

Jun 2011
I can't believe I didn't see Ai as a possible robot xDDD

That was a really good episode!!
Jan 8, 2016 5:38 PM

Dec 2015
TragicRomance said:

Must be rough being Reiji, being surround by three silent people.

Lol Mikaze, if you are a robot then don't practice your lines in the rain to begin with.

I wonder how many times Mikaze fell this episode, and the staff didn't even care lmaooo. They were like, "awesome improvisition. Good job, Mikaze-san."

Haha, I totally agree, poor Reiji.
I also thought about that most of the times Mikaze fell in the set... Like, how did they not suspect that he's not fine. Just, how? :D I found that really strange in this episode.

But I like Ai, so all is good.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
May 14, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2010
Robot? Really? I know Cecil being a magical cat...I think...was a thing, but this one was very much out of left field. This just doesn't seem like the time of setting that would benefit from fantasy/futuristic elements, nor did it seem to have much meaning in the grand scheme of things. Feels like the anime is trying to introduce complexities and complications that are out of place. I really would like it better if it was just the guys going about their daily lives.
Jan 21, 2020 1:35 AM

Aug 2012
....a robot? Seriously? Now that is really random and not in a good way. It's honestly so stupid. I hate it. They just threw that in there. It doesn't fit with this anime at all -_- I can't take this situation seriously at all.
Oct 15, 2023 8:07 AM
Jul 2015
Finally Ai voice are the best reason i love him in 2013 with Shochan

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

59 by senekohan »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

24 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 2:44 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

19 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 12:19 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

28 by Liaeves »»
Apr 14, 2020 11:13 PM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

24 by xiashenghan »»
Oct 15, 2016 3:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.