Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 19 20 [21]
Nov 1, 2016 6:19 PM

Mar 2010
Maloghurst said:
Rasco said:
Archer is confusing the shit out of me. Why not just kill tohsaka already if anything already jesus.
why would he want to kill rin?
Well with all the killing going on, I just put the pieces together, because he is a mad dog. Well I guess I have simplified things to the extreme :b

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 3, 2016 12:00 AM

Sep 2014
Rasco said:
Maloghurst said:
why would he want to kill rin?
Well with all the killing going on, I just put the pieces together, because he is a mad dog. Well I guess I have simplified things to the extreme :b
archer's really got a whole batman schtick going on, he's not too strong as a servant power wise but he knows how to play the long game as well as having a toolbox(UBW) to make use of. he's also a pathological liar so most of what comes out of his mouth is bullshit
Nov 14, 2016 5:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Troy Horse.... a very predectible episode :(
Mar 23, 2017 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
If Saber kills Archer next episode I will rate this anime 10/10 :3
May 14, 2017 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
Archer vs Lancer fight 10/10

May 29, 2017 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
First off, the battle against Lancer vs Archer animation is godly! Watching it on BD is such a bliss to look at!

Lancer could have finished him off, but chose not to.

Caster falls down. Irony how she trusted Lancer was her fall. Seeing her without the hood. She looks lovely though! I love Rin's hand to hand combat!!!

Kuzuki got owned pretty quickly as well by Archer.

Still Archer is pissing me off with this triple agent BS. I hope Saber owns him in the next episode.
Jul 10, 2017 6:04 PM

Oct 2014
Archer vs Lancer was great. Interesting to see Archer also use "Trace On". I wonder what's up with that, Shirou's interest in the double blades, and Archer's interest in Shirou. There has to be some kind of connection between the two of them.
Sep 24, 2017 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
gay bulge vs raw ass again, Lancer vs. Archer had amazing animation :O

That ending is bullshit, Archer ''missed'', he should have killed Shirou already but of course there needs to be the revelation and drama effect. Archer vs. Saber shall be interesting, I'm still rooting for Archer though. He is evidently the smartest and craftiest person in this Holy Grail War.
Oct 19, 2017 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
How did Kuzuki die so easily to Archer after having beat the shit out of Saber on season 1? Or did he just intend to die
Feb 20, 2018 7:14 AM

Mar 2016
"My wish was already being granted..."
Oh Caster, why are you so sweet?

Naranja128 said:
How did Kuzuki die so easily to Archer after having beat the shit out of Saber on season 1? Or did he just intend to die

Because Caster is gone, so he's not enhanced by Caster magic.
kikiabdullFeb 20, 2018 7:22 AM
Apr 18, 2018 1:48 PM

Dec 2014
Man, I just figured something out.

Caster just wasn't good enough for my liking so I don't care that she died.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Sep 17, 2018 1:20 AM

Sep 2014
And another one bites the dust
#RIPCaster

Smart plan by Archer but still defying Rin and Shirou? Hmmm
Nov 13, 2018 3:28 PM

Feb 2015
Lancer vs Archer did not disappoint! I still never understand why Kuzuki will attack Archer, a servant without being enhanced by magic unless he had nothing to live for. (Issei? His students?)

Oh well...
Nov 30, 2018 3:33 AM

Apr 2014
Because he said he would. He did it because he had no purpose until Medea gave him one. And so, because he said he would do it he went to fight Archer.

And we all saw how well THAT went
Mar 24, 2019 4:35 AM
Aug 2018
After seeing the flashback of Kuzuki easily beating Saber, who was supposed to be the strongest of the servants, once again, I wouldn't be overly surprised if Archer and Saber eventually switch their masters.

It would be a logical consequence, Saber was held back by Emiyas lack of magic and Archer betrayed Toosaka.
With the pairings the other way around, Saber would have way more power and Archer would be limited in his. The question is, if they will be even able to make Archer obey again. How could one trust someone who already betrayed you in the past. This will be interesting.
May 8, 2019 1:56 PM

Sep 2014
I liked Caster, shame she is gone.

So Kuzuki can best Saber in CQC but loses to Archer. Heh. Archer > Saber then?

I was wondering why simply killing Caster would reinstate the contracts, glad to see they arent.

Saber in that outfit was pure fanservice but I wont complain
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 17, 2019 7:00 AM

Dec 2018
Archer really got some serious issues with Shirou. And Archer said "Trace on." So he can use projection too then, but didn't expect he used the exact word Shirou used.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 4, 2019 10:46 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, RIP Caster and Kuzuki.

Is Archer going to kill Shirou?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 28, 2019 11:19 PM

Dec 2014
Archer has been a hard guy to like to begin with...hmmm
Nov 11, 2019 8:47 PM
Dec 2017
this ep kinda bored me.. lol
Nov 11, 2019 8:47 PM
Dec 2017
this ep kinda bored me.. lol
Feb 8, 2020 7:26 PM
Sep 2019
What the actual f***? What's going on with Archer vs Shirou?
Happy the Caster storyline is over, I have found it very convoluted.
Feb 11, 2020 6:48 AM

May 2011
Awh, Castor has a lil' heart all of a sudden?
Feb 11, 2020 7:00 AM
Sep 2019
flowstate said:

@flowstate nice to see someone else around here, it feels a bit like talking to myself... I suppose this is what happens when you jump on the bandwagon after years!
Feb 11, 2020 9:42 AM

May 2011
Ilasma said:
flowstate said:

@flowstate nice to see someone else around here, it feels a bit like talking to myself... I suppose this is what happens when you jump on the bandwagon after years!

Oh, I'm here. I know how you feel, lol. True, it's our fault for watching this 5 years late but hey, what else can be done?

Honestly though, this is probably the most gorgeous and high budget anime I've had the pleasure of getting into. It's beautiful. So far, the fights are all excellent. It's not exactly what I expected, but I am keeping an open mind and still, looking forward to Fate/Zero as well (I'm watching it after UBW).

Have you read the VN? I downloaded and installed it, got into it a little bit but decided that the time sink wasn't worth it for me, so I opted for the anime instead.
Feb 11, 2020 10:22 AM
Sep 2019
@flowstate

Honestly though, this is probably the most gorgeous and high budget anime I've had the pleasure of getting into. It's beautiful. So far, the fights are all excellent. It's not exactly what I expected, but I am keeping an open mind and still, looking forward to Fate/Zero as well (I'm watching it after UBW).

Esthetically, indeed it's good but I have to say not one of the best I have seen (Kyoani does it for me), but yeah fight scenes are generally impressive. And yes, I have to agree, it is going down some unexpected paths: I was expecting a more or less straight battle royal, but I believe there was not one single duel/character who played by the rules.
BUT, just wait and see Fate Zero: despite being older than UBW, I daresay technically it's a better product, which is also ageing very well. It might be that the respective artistic quality are on par, but I have enjoyed so much more the plot, soundtrack, characters, themes and general mood that to me is a (the) superior entry in the franchise. For one, the idiot Shirou is not there, which is saying something.
I actually envy you so much because you are watching the series in what I think is the best order, while I have started with Fate Zero, thus spoiling the experience and ending up for comparing everything with the prequel. Still, UBW is so much better than the first route, and I am soooo looking forward to the Heaven's Feel trilogy!

Have you read the VN? I downloaded and installed it, got into it a little bit but decided that the time sink wasn't worth it for me, so I opted for the anime instead.

I haven't and I am happy to find a fellow VN-free wacther! When I read the comments above, 90% are about how (un)faithful the anime is to the VN! But I am reading the Fate Zero LN, and I think the anime is extremely faithful to it. I would like to check the VN out though, maybe one day...
Dec 6, 2020 1:14 AM

Aug 2019
for such a big series I find it hard to believe no one is active in these episode discussion forums for months
Dec 7, 2020 4:11 AM
Sep 2019
snowykevin said:
for such a big series I find it hard to believe no one is active in these episode discussion forums for months

I guess most of that happened when it was airing, and now it's just us latecomers. Hard to believe it was 5-6 years ago already.
Dec 19, 2020 6:02 PM

Apr 2018
That Lancer vs Archer fight was so good. Gae Bolg vs Anus essentially. Archer Trojan horsed Caster but wants to kill Shirou as well.

R.I.P Kizuki-senapi and Caster.
Aug 1, 2021 4:53 AM
Jul 2021
Great Fight scenes and a good end to the episode. Why does Archer want to kill Emiya? Was his shield thing a clue about his noble phantasm? Did he fight in the Trojan War?
Aug 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
Shirou is definitely the worst thing that ever happened to Fate, how can you ruin so much of the epic and interesting energy of a story with so much out of context nonsense with every comment you make qawfdqwfqFqfaQF
Oct 23, 2021 12:35 PM
Aug 2017
Lancer vs Archer was good

Interesting. Archers only wish is to kill Shirou since he became a guardian.
Jun 18, 2022 6:15 PM
Nov 2020
Archer used trace on? sus
Shirou=Archer?
Aug 11, 2022 2:20 AM

Aug 2018
awful episode. 20 minutes Felt like an hour. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Mar 3, 2023 2:22 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok, maybe all this is written much better in the visual novels. I haven't read them and don't exactly intend to, but I'm more than willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, since that naturally there's plenty of points left out of anime adaptions that cover visual novels and light novels. I'm definitely leaning toward believing that what occurred in this episode was better fleshed out, made more sense, and was more impactful in the VN's. But again, I haven't read them, so all I can judge is this adaption. And this is what I think of this episode in particular:

It's shit

Hate to do this, but let's get the good thing out of the way first. Lancer vs Archer? Freaking spectacular, from a visual standpoint. The best LOOKING fight so far imo, both from here in UBW but also from any in fate zero. But once again, it carries no weight. Lancer kind of just goes "Oh I see what you were doing there", and walks off. Bye bye, that was fun time I guess. Bruh. The only impactful duel between two servants so far was Gilgamesh vs. Berserker, and I don't even believe that received enough build up. It kind of just happened out of nowhere, conveniently occurring exactly when Rin and Shirou were on their way to the Einzbern castle. 

Alright now we get to the GOOD STUFF, Rin and Shirou, vs. Caster and Kuzuki-sensei. Now again, maybe it's handled much better in the VN's. But here, let's be f*cking real for a second. There's a huge issue with power scaling in this show. You could say that the predator is just toying with the prey, but no, don't give me that crap. If that were the case, it's happening way too often. Alright let's look at our players. We have Kuzuki, specializing in close combat, and was able to solo Saber single-handedly. And we have Caster, who's feeding off like all the mana in the city. I don't know exactly what that means, but I'm pretty sure that means that her attacks are going to be pretty freaking strong. Now with those two covered, let's look at their opponents for this match up: we got Rin, she's got some very cute blush, and she can throw candy- but she has a limited supply unfortunately. Not exactly S-class on the power-level tier list. But it's okay, she's not alone: because she's got Shirou, and he can... make things slightly harder than normal. That will definitely come in handy in bed. But we're in a fight right now, not in bed. Actually, here he doesn't use his strengthening magic, but rather his projection magic, using it to make for himself some blades quite similar to Archers. He is more capable with those now since they don't take a toll on his body anymore, since Archer gave him a good chiropractor session and unlocked all his circuits or whatever they are. So Shirou is certainly better off now... but still, no, just no. Let's say this again: Kuzuki SOLO'ED Saber. And here, Shirou was able to last for quite a decent amount of time against Kuzuki. This is no rock-paper-scissors situation, both Saber and Shirou are using close combat. But with some quick maths, judging from these fights, we can now see that someway somehow, Shirou > Saber. Huuuh?? What??? Meanwhile we have Rin defeating Caster, because oh, "she let her guard down", or, "it was a surprise attack". Archer stated earlier that even when knocked down, she would still be able to get away. But here, she doesn't get away, and instead stands still and takes some blows from Rin. Are we suggesting now that Rin has more speed than her heroic spirit servant Archer? Interesting. I truly underestimated Rin if that were the case. Whatever. Caster and Kuzuki are defeated, that's that. But this power scaling issues are not even what I'm most mad about from this episode.

Surprise, turns out Archer never was truly on Caster's side from the start; boy, didn't see that coming at all. Ok but: WHY??? Other than for the sole purpose of getting the audience on the edge of their seats in anticipation, I see no reason why Archer pulled the move he did if he was just going to kill Caster all this time anyway. Is it because... he needed a distraction to, again, get Caster "off-guard"? In that case, what's the point of joining her "team"? Just send Rin and Shirou to attack her some other time, distract her, and then show up at the last second like he did here and skewer her. Or maybe, is it because he needed Kuzuki and Caster together to be able to kill Caster (because he aims his blades at Kuzuki, as to which Caster jumps in and takes the hit for her master. Was that even Archer's intention?? I guess it doesn't even matter who dies first. Dude probably just went for the easier target)? Maybe this will all be explained better in the next episode, but for now the only good reason I can come up with to make sense of Archer's 'betrayal' was that to get Saber out of the way of protecting Shirou, who apparently, he wants to kill. Perhaps he saw that Caster had taken Saber and put her in a weakened state, giving the opportunity to attack a defenceless Shirou. Why doesn't he go after Shirou later when he's literally alone with no one with him besides Rin, and heck, even let's them go? Well I suppose that explains the whole distraction thing. He used them to distract Caster and Kuzuki (although I don't know how he could have anticipated for them to last this long), allowing an opening for him to easily dispose of them, and THEN finish off Shirou when that was done. Submitting himself as Caster's servant also freed himself from Rin's command spells, who would undoubtedly compel him not to attack Shirou. Well sh*t, I guess it sort of makes sense if you just think about it a little. Maybe I'll shut up for now and actually let the next episode play out, and maybe will help clear up some things.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 13, 2023 8:45 PM
Jul 2023
Unlimited budget works strikes once more
- Lancer vs Archer was well choreographed as usual
- Wow both of their noble phantasms were mouth watering, especially the activation of Archer’s
- Yo Rin just switched to melee lmao, how can caster not beat a girl who is literally just punching her, kinda silly
- Archer said trace onnnnn ;)
- Archer puts an end to Caster and Kizuki. Not sure I understand what his plan was though
- Saber is back baby
- Rin is trapped
- Nothing is stopping Archer from killing Shirou now.
Feb 1, 5:42 PM

Dec 2022
Feels like this episode was a bit rushed but i still liked it. The fight between Lancer and Archer rematc definitely cooked. Still gotta know why Archer wants to kill the boy Shirou so badly.

Pages (21) « First ... « 19 20 [21]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.