Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 14, 2015 6:03 AM

Jun 2013
It has its moments but I was a bit disappointed. Let the flaws aside, because if this movie's purpose is to develop the relationship between Naruto and Hinata, well it fails miserably. The progression is forced and handled poorly. Using genjutsu so Naruto comes to a realization is cheap and why was Toneri falling for Hinata again? Why did he want to marry her again? All in all, Toneri is awful character whose only purpose is to serve the scenario between the two lovebirds.

Kudos to the rolling credit though, one of the best moments in the movie. And loli Hinata too (´౪`).
Aug 15, 2015 5:54 PM
Aug 2014
I am pretty damn disappointed, the pacing was way too fast and made me cringe at the rough scene transitions. We all know Hinata loves Naruto, but I cant see Naruto feeling the same way all of a sudden with the poor progression.
Aug 16, 2015 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
This movie only mocks the fans, it was better than nothing but still... For anyone who hasn't read the manga, this entire movie is spoiler and those who don't understand the spoilers would get confused as sh*t.
What the heck is going on with making Naruto seem like a douche all the time!? His the most kind character that deserves more compassion in the entire series!(Itachi too)
How come Sakura has the balls to say "you only loved me and confessed to me that time, only because I liked Sasuke. You only liked me to compete with Sasuke." What the fuck was that!? Naruto confession was serious as hell in the anime... And they even made Naruto apologize to Sakura after she told him that!?
She leads Naruto around in the entire series, doubting between Sasuke and Naruto and in the movie she has the nerve to tell Naruto that he doesn't know how to differentiate between liking ramen and romantic feelings, that's just low...
SnaitaAug 16, 2015 5:49 PM
Aug 18, 2015 4:15 AM

May 2012
It was weird.

Anyway, about the first part of the movie where in Hinata was being bullied and she was saved by Naruto through the use of Kagebunshin no Jutsu (tho he failed).

Isn't it weird? That time, they where so young. They weren't probably students of the Ninja Academy yet, how come Naruto knew the Kagebunshin no Jutsu? We all know that he learned that Jutsu when the scroll was stolen by Touji Mizuki when he was still a Genin.
Aug 18, 2015 4:47 AM

Jun 2012
sheidesu said:

Isn't it weird? That time, they where so young. They weren't probably students of the Ninja Academy yet, how come Naruto knew the Kagebunshin no Jutsu? We all know that he learned that Jutsu when the scroll was stolen by Touji Mizuki when he was still a Genin.

Yeah, I wondered about that too, if it was only the Bushin no Jutsu it could be somewhat understandable, but the Kagebushin would be impossible...
Aug 18, 2015 4:51 AM

Mar 2014
Snaita said:
sheidesu said:

Yeah, I wondered about that too, if it was only the Bushin no Jutsu it could be somewhat understandable, but the Kagebushin would be impossible...
Just as impossible as NaruHina, but yeah... apparently not.
Aug 18, 2015 10:44 AM

Jun 2012
ziggy_Z said:
Snaita said:

Just as impossible as NaruHina, but yeah... apparently not.

Have to agree with that, regardless which girl Naruto would pick, it's impossible to develop the romance with just one hour and a half of shitty canon movie.
The author dragged the last arc as hell, why didn't he included the romance in the manga...
Aug 21, 2015 6:18 AM

Dec 2008
Naruto was so out of character, the whole love story felt out of nowhere.
Aug 23, 2015 7:01 PM

May 2013
The movie was pretty good. Those moments towards the end of the movie were really nice.
Aug 24, 2015 12:21 AM

Jun 2008
This movie just felt so incredibly lazy to me.

I can see why the Japanese fans were so pissed.

Not only did many of the characters feel OOC but there were so many stupid plot holes - like when Hinata was falling off the building.....DID THEY FORGET THE WHOLE TREE CLIMBING SHIT? Or...y'know....the fact that everyone was just totally breathing in space like it's normal? (and idc chakra is no excuse for that)

The worst of it was the movie had exactly what made the anime series so painful to watch - poorly recycled animations and flashbacks.

This movie could have been so much better if...y'know....the people writing and producing it actually cared about what they were writing and producing.

IMO it was like watching someone's bad fan-fic come to life.

Oh well. At least some of the fight scenes / new character designs were pretty nice. Also some of the NaruHina scenes were cute and it did make me appreciate the paring a bit more.
Aug 30, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2015
Cool to see everyone older, Kakashi as Hokage, new jutsus...
The whole history about the Moon Clan was good imo

The end scenes were beautiful, showing Naruto and Hinata running, changing from the movie to when they were children, I liked that!
Aug 30, 2015 10:19 PM

Dec 2014
Damsel in distress. What better way to write a romance story.
Sep 5, 2015 2:22 PM

Jun 2013
To be honest, I was disappointed by this movie. I already know Studio Pierrot fucked up animation (which is always important for me) so I could ignore it from the start, but then everything else felt awkward, forced. Kishi never had a knack for developing romance (remember Sakura's answer for Sasuke?), but I hoped this wouldn't end just as bad. I love the pairing, I don't love the way they ended up together. Big plus for end scenes though, that was really well done. Loved even the end credits scene. But the way Naruto realized that Hinata loves him (how he can't differentiate between love for food and romantic love? Seriously? And also, how they dismissed his love for Sakura, one of biggest parts of story as simple jealousy for Sasuke? Give me a break...)

Also, a question - what the hell happened to jutsus? Since when did Rasengan become beam jutsu? And also, leave the "nakama power" to Fairy Tail. Sure it is awkward, but they know how to do it properly. Aaaaaan finally, another villain turned into a good guy? GOD FREAKING DAMMIT!!!
Dimitrije1606Sep 5, 2015 2:25 PM
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 6, 2015 4:30 AM

Aug 2013
It had it's good and bad moments.

I like the Naruto x Hinata pairing, so I liked all of the moments between them.

The scarf thing was fucking dumb. She went through like, 20 scarves that entire time.

It seemed like Sasuke was in the movie just for the sake of being in the movie. He had one line and like 15 seconds on screen total.

Also didn't like how they showed Sasuke with his rinnegan, but when Naruto was doing his main battle at full power, he didn't use any of his sage of six path power. Just the chakra mode with Kyuubei. I was hoping he'd have the fucking staff and chakra orbs and shit. So that was a letdown.

Thought the Raikage was fucking stupid as all hell too. Oh we need to blow up the moon..."you cant, Naruto and his team are up there". - "Well he's a ninja, he should be prepared to die!".
...fucking seriously. This dude saved the entire planet from a threat WAYYYYY more fucking intense than some dude shooting moon rocks down at you. He saved the entire shinobi world from Madara, Obito, the 10 tails, and Kaguya all in one sitting. You seriously don't trust him to beat fucking human moonmoon?

(that shit had me legit yelling at my TV.)

Really liked the wedding ceremony thing done during the credits/ED song. I would've liked the entire thing to have been just plain animated, but the way it was done was kind of unique and tasteful, so that's cool. (I see sasuke didn't attend, lol).
Sep 11, 2015 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
I liked the Naruto + Hinata moments, everything else was boring and predictable.
Sep 12, 2015 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
I agree, this is 2 hours cringe fest. Well, that's exaggerating, but for the most part it was rather cringe-worthy, especially when they had to talk about the past. I suppose it is true when Kishimoto said that he can't handle romance, it was done terribly. Sometimes I also feel that it wasn't Kishimoto who wrote this, because ->
Madara31 said:
I really didn't like it at all, and it had nothing to do with it being romance/NH focused.

Firstly, they subtly changed canon developments from the manga to suit the needs of the movie:
This annoyed the heck out of me, especially on Hinata's part. (not the damsel in distress part though, it didn't really bother me)

The best part for me had to be Sasuke appearing out of nowhere, and had to save everyone's asses. Unfortunately, probably the only good part. Actually, I really liked kyuubi's bijuudama too.

Is it just me who felt that the second half was slightly rushed, after they got into Toneri's castle, until the end.

By the way, Kakashi is the worst Hokage. He is pretty much made to be a joke. "A hunch" my ass. As if that was meant to be taken seriously, which is pretty damn shitty given how serious things were in this movie.

One last thing, Hinata just grabbed Hanabi's eyeballs out of Toneri.. uhm.. seriously? I just remembered the scene with kid Obito being crushed under a boulder, they had to use Rin's medical jutsu-ish thing to do the eye transplant, here they just grab it and move on. Kind of a what-the-fuck moment.

I hope that the Boruto movie is much better. Ah before I forgot, any reason why didnt Naruto use his kyuubi mode earlier? So that there can be a "plot" for the movie? I remember him using it much more easily in the Sarada spin-off manga. Also, what's up with his glowing arm? o_o
ToG25thBaamSep 12, 2015 10:47 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 13, 2015 1:07 PM

Jan 2012
Is it me or the animation is a little bit unusual (some characters looks deff strange like konohamaru)
Getting freaked out from a spider web what a losers couple.
finally he said i love u after 47 min ,why do guys always need to confess first .
shut up ,i don't want to hear stories about love from sakura
finally they kissed

i'm dying without seeing kakashi's face .

Sep 18, 2015 6:31 AM
Oct 2013
AllenVonStein said:
Is it me or the animation is a little bit unusual (some characters looks deff strange like konohamaru)
Getting freaked out from a spider web what a losers couple.
finally he said i love u after 47 min ,why do guys always need to confess first .
shut up ,i don't want to hear stories about love from sakura
finally they kissed

i'm dying without seeing kakashi's face .

It´s just funny how it´s literally only the Narusaku shippers and the "part one Naruto was the only good Naruto" guys have a problem with this Movie.

Why did the battles become DBZ style that´s sooo out of character,the story had DBZ type action for the last 200 chapters, but that´s totally not like the manga.
Why does the couple get together that´s teased to be canon for 250+ chapters in the last chapter?

Why doesn´t my couple become canon that was dismissed since those 250 chapters after being ignored since 500 chapters.
I DON´T UNDERSTAND IT KISHIMOTO IS SUCH A BAD WRITER BECAUSE HE DOESN´T MAKE MY FAVORITE PAIRING CANON.
Sep 30, 2015 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
And suddenly all people have become Sasuke fanboys/girls and thus disliked the movie... Just pathetic. Did you guys forget that the show is called Naruto?

And for the guys that are complaining about the action and villain. Don't you understand that this movie was not about the action in the first place? We've gotten plenty of action throughout the entire series, I'm sick of it. Can't we get a bit of character development for the main character for a change?!

This was a very good movie. Great animation, good music, side characters like Shikamaru, Sakura and Sai got their time to shine, we also got to know more about Hagoromo's brother Hamura. 9/10
Oct 1, 2015 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
Started well tbh, then Genjustu plot device came in and the rest is history, as a person shipping Naru=Hina, this made me cringe a bit, i think it tried a bit too hard.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 1, 2015 7:43 AM

Jan 2011
i think this movie was a bit a strange but at the same fine
naruto and hinata kissed
Oct 1, 2015 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
This movie was to pretty much explain how Naruto and Hinata ended up together. For that part they did well. The rest of the movie's plot? Terrible.

They could've done something else honestly. But, since Naruto is the main character, he has to have time to shine---even if it's about his love life. How Naruto realized his feelings for Hinata was just not well written, but it's a shounen.

Overall, it's an average Naruto movie. For people who like NaruHina, it's a gem. For those who don't care for NaruHina, it's average.

I would've liked it more if they didn't explain how they ended up together. I don't need it to be justify. And especially not like this
Oct 1, 2015 4:04 PM
Jun 2013
Cynicism said:
Damsel in distress. What better way to write a romance story.

I guess the parts where she fought and willing went with the bad guy to save her sister and try to stop the moon from moving just was erased from your memory. Any who the movie itself was just ok. Nothing amazing,but not god awful ether. The whole point was for the naruhina and I liked those moments. Also people using jpn stuff as proof as it being sucky makes no sense when alot of it was ether sasuke fans or narusaku people. Not saying people cant hate the movie just saying most of the hate came from those two groups.
Oct 2, 2015 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
It was mediocre at best, but the atmosphere, ending, and that scene after the credits made it for me.

8/10, I won't mind any continuation coz this series is great.
Oct 4, 2015 12:57 PM
Apr 2015
it felt like a hollywood action-romance movie. shitty story, damsel in distress, nobody used their full power, the villain doesn't die, someone falls in love in hours AND A F**ING Tenten you can't even recognize at the end *so disappointed*
Oct 12, 2015 2:03 PM

Feb 2014
I personally loved this movie, it was awesome!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Oct 14, 2015 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
xcess090 said:
rowdyboy said:

Sasuke Screen Time: 10 seconds + 1 line

Good then it'll be awesome.
Hahaha thank you! Finally someone that doesn't give Sasuke constant blowjobs.
Oct 15, 2015 7:59 AM
Oct 2015
Watch Boruto: Naruto, le film Full Movie
WATCH NOW : http://j.mp/1DCl5Ia
Oct 20, 2015 5:06 AM
Dec 2013
Finally got around to watching this.

Some comments about the movie..

This movie reminded me why I enjoy Naruto and all the serious parts of it. In a perfect world for me, I would LOVE to have a series around these characters at this point in the timeline, after the war has ended and before they all hook up and have kids. If I had to choose the only part I didn't like about this movie was how Naruto just realizes he loves Hinata. But for me it's understandable it was abrupt, because there wasn't too much time for him to think about that in the manga while he's fighting the war, so I didn't dislike it too much. Loved the wedding pictures during the credits. Hinata was always my favorite girl.

also thought it was funny to have fukuyama jun in a Naruto movie lol
Oct 22, 2015 12:35 AM
Oct 2015
yeahh its so pridectable i know i mean we all know that naruto and hinata well be
love team there am i right
kyle<3anime
Oct 24, 2015 6:05 AM

Dec 2009
Movie was pretty good. Though while I thought the final battle on the moon was pretty ridiculous, I enjoyed it nonetheless. Reminded me a bit of Gurren Lagann.
It's unfortunate though that the TV series will never get the same level of animation as this movie.

Also I overall liked the Naruto and Hinata moments in which the movie convinced me that these 2 are meant to be. Took it a bit too far with the cheesiness towards the end though. Kiss was nice.
Nov 3, 2015 3:04 AM

Jan 2012
I really can't think of this as a series about ninja any more lol
--
Can't believe I'm saying this but I really wanted to see more Sasuke.
--
That after-credits ending though, *huge happy face*!
Nov 4, 2015 8:27 AM

Apr 2011
There are some boring moments in this film, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

8/10

Nov 4, 2015 8:29 AM

Apr 2011
sheidesu said:
It was weird.

Anyway, about the first part of the movie where in Hinata was being bullied and she was saved by Naruto through the use of Kagebunshin no Jutsu (tho he failed).

Yeah, I was wondering about it too ._.
Weird, indeed.

Nov 5, 2015 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
That was a nice. The last 10 minutes made me smile.

My only complaint were the flashbacks. Most of them were unnecessary.

8/10
Nov 9, 2015 6:03 AM

Aug 2014
One of the very rare times that I wanted more Sasuke.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 15, 2015 7:33 PM

Jan 2012
At least they chose a girl unlike 90% of the other romance anime.

intergalactic ninjas are the only way to go next!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 21, 2015 12:41 PM

Feb 2008
This movie was a ResidentSleeper fest.
Dec 24, 2015 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
Sasuke needed more screen time
Dec 26, 2015 2:55 PM
Dec 2014
Not big of a fan of romance in Anime, the villain and plot was boring too. But I also don't have high expectations of Movies from popular anime shows.
I still find it weird how Naruto fell in love with her all of a sudden, when all he did before was ignoring her.

Still the NaruHina scenes were beautiful and I'm happy that they picked Shikamaru for the main cast. He's the best bro Naruto could have.
Dec 28, 2015 9:16 PM

Mar 2008
The longtime NaruHina shipper in me teared up a bit at the end. Decent animation, fight scenes, romance, and so on.
Dec 30, 2015 5:41 AM

Sep 2010
I always wanted them to go into detail about the Hyuga clan and give the byakugan some more abilities, but they really dropped the ball with the Tenseigan. It's just a watered down version of the Rinnegan.

Also, the conditions for activating the Tenseigan were never really explained.
-What was that Tenseigan treasure ball thing and how is it connected to the Tenseigan eye jutsu?
-Why did the bad guy need Hanabi's eyes when he already owned a ton of byakugan and is probably closer related to the sage the she is?
-Why did he need to marry the "Byakugan Princess"?

This backstory had a lot of potential but they just threw it together in such a half-assed way.
Jan 1, 2016 4:55 AM

Jul 2011
Damn that was so bad. I was hoping better.
Also noticed the atmosphere was so different from the original, coz they even had digital camera there lol.
Kappa_123Jan 1, 2016 5:00 AM
Jan 15, 2016 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
Honestly, I only watched this because it was Naruto and after reading Boruto (manga) i got curious as to what happened in between the end of the war and Naruto becoming Hokage...

But after the first fight started... i completely stopped caring for the story and plot and just wanted to see more fighting. Hinata during the Shinobi War was pretty badass... but now she's reverted back to a shy little bitch. It was very irritating.

Though the beginning of the movie was cute. Little Hinata and the small shadow clones.

Scratch that... 30 minutes into the movie and well... This forced romance is utter garbage and so in your face... it's disgusting.
duderusJan 15, 2016 3:08 PM

Jan 18, 2016 1:35 AM
May 2013
Dunbarcocoapuff said:
I actually enjoyed this, despite all the flaws.

Naruto chasing after Hinata instead of Sasuke made this enjoyable .
Bad luck Naruto : finally accepts the love of Hinata gets NTRed =)) . It was short but it was fun.
Jan 22, 2016 5:37 AM

Sep 2013
There were defintely a lot of things that I wished they could have done differently but Im just happy that NaruHina finally happened. I've been shipping them since the first time I've seen Naruto like 10+ years ago. I agree with everyone though, they could have thought of a better way for Naruto to realized his feelings. It came pretty forced. Well in the first place, we all know Kishimoto really intended Sakura to be the main heroine( probably nothing romantic though this is shonen) but as time pass by the fans found Hinata to be more suitable for Naruto.

Im sure Im not the only one who finds Naruto's character design ugly. Kishimoto really fucked up this time. And seriously, they should have changed Naruto's voice actor. He's already an adult and he still has this voice like he still experiencing puberty. Well overall I think it was good.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 7, 2016 3:35 PM
Feb 2011
for the first half of this film i though naruto lost his powers and then when it came down to it he didnt use his sage of the six path powers yet sasuke clearly used his.
Feb 26, 2016 7:08 PM

Aug 2014
That's a big final for the Naruto's story. Great Movie!
Now just hope the creator of original manga, Masashi Kishimoto do an exceptional work of the future stories for the new story! 10/ 10 to everything! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 28, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
Easily best Naruto movie yet. Maybe because it was actually not like typical Naruto movie. It was first one that I watched almost without thinking about it to come fast to the end. Although few things felt bit strange like Naruto lacks his usual energetic approach (well, I had a feeling most characters didn't quite behave like real themselves to some point). Also his attacks with glowing right arm resembles a little Nero from Devil May Cry 4 in weird way for me. But it's just me I guess.

So i liked this is not another same scheme fighting movie in its core, but Naruto, others characters and world itself was kinda gloomy, dull, even to the point of little depressing and lacking that vibrant energy I was used to in Naruto world, especially hidden leaf village wasn't so cheerful, noisy and full of life as usual.
ArthassFeb 29, 2016 3:26 AM
Mar 12, 2016 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
a lot of haters but as a Naruto fan turned into a Naruto hater after Pain's defeat, I actually enjoyed this film despite tons of flaws like Hinata forgetting how to climb and Naruto cheating on the romance thru enemy genjutsu. It is so cheesy but I love it.
ernstMar 12, 2016 6:10 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm confused

Mushroomen - Jul 28, 2022

20 by rileybrok »»
Jul 27, 2023 11:15 PM

» When to watch the last

removed-user - Feb 3, 2022

23 by Shwetank_anime »»
Oct 9, 2022 10:49 PM

» Good shonen movies to watch even from any series

bgloudcold_24 - Mar 29, 2022

12 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 2:14 PM

» Do I need to watch this before Boruto?

SoulessAnime - May 1, 2021

14 by Waves-Elian »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:21 AM

» Am I the only person who hated this movie?

NervousWreck - May 3, 2015

36 by Sunproof21 »»
Sep 16, 2021 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.