Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Somewhat of a slow episode imo but overall well executed. I just love the playful nature of the Gauna in space as it brings in a lighthearted humor into the show.

I also kinda like how they hype up Tsugumi's threat despite her own strange personality. Her evolution really became something at this stage. Loved the OST of the episode as well like usual. Can't wait for that to come out soon for this season.
Apr 24, 2015 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
Quite nice. Plot development is slowing down a bit. I thought they put Ocarina fight into one episode.
Apr 24, 2015 8:49 PM

Jun 2008
Another great episode ^_^
Not much happened compared to the first two, but it was nice to have that break. Tsumugi was adorable as always,
Aryashine!
Apr 24, 2015 10:31 PM
May 2014
I liked how Polygon handled the star gazing scene, even if it were just an exchange of dialogue. Really gives you the sense of actually being there thanks to the superb sound direction. Also liked how they've animated Tsumugi, being able to convey much more emotion than in the manga. Not to mention how damn cute she is.

I'm happy to see that they haven't forgotten about En as well. She's got a mean kick and some mad parkour skills.

Next episode looks intense. Perhaps the entire episode will be dedicated to this one battle. Definitely looking forward to it.
Apr 25, 2015 1:35 AM

Nov 2013
Slow episode, but next will be intense as fuck.
Apr 25, 2015 11:07 AM

May 2010
loved the sound and the visuals of the part where they took off and changed into formation. next weeks preview looked sick!
Apr 25, 2015 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
Uh oh. Stuff isn't looking good for Izana on the next episode.

The part where Tanikaze walked on them changing was so hilarious and I laughed at the way En bolted when she saw him.

aryashine said:
Not much happened compared to the first two, but it was nice to have that break. Tsumugi was adorable as always,

It happened in a lot anime where something that is biologically engineered and alive refers to their creator as father or mother.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 25, 2015 11:47 AM

Feb 2012
Sidonia continues to be a series of highs and lows. On the one hand, we get an interesting discussion about the Gauna shot in space and all done in one take. On the other, we get shitty "pervert" humor immediately afterwards. Just why?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Apr 25, 2015 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
nooooo the rice balls!

Apr 25, 2015 12:27 PM

Oct 2012
So they made Hoshijiro-Ena into one big ant-queen that is giving birth to Chimera's embryo? Or are the producing her clones outright? Anyway, it's clear captain intercepted that nest solely because she wanted to test Tsugumi's potantial.

Now seeing that there were 500 gauna cores in place of previous human ship, it makes me wonder how exactly gauna comes to be. Can it be it is born out of humans?

I just don't get it how Kunato is Tsugumi's pilot though, is he inside or rather outside giving her orders?
I 'm always thinking there is cute Hoshijiro clone inside :)

And dat slo-mo kick En did when Tanikaze accidentaly entered into her room when she was getting naked though :D I was laughin hard during that scene (though it seems she has some powerful muscles to jump like that - or was that effect of her coma and contact with gauna?)

Action episode next time.
Apr 25, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
Very nice episode yet again, no complaints really but nothing to say either since I know what is going to happen..
Apr 25, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2011
Gone from a good relaxing slow pace to a intense ending....
Next week gonna be some ass kicking action.
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 25, 2015 1:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good episode this one. Is it just me, or is the animation sharper than in the first season? I got the feeling in the scene where Kunato, Izuna and co. are talking in space, that there is more wide movement than I saw in seasons past.

If there's one thing were the anime really does something that improves on the manga (besides the stupendous sound production obviously) is Tsumugi. She's cute as fuck.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 25, 2015 1:26 PM

Nov 2013
Mich666 said:
I just don't get it how Kunato is Tsugumi's pilot though, is he inside or rather outside giving her orders?
He is inside her giving orders. Though there's no need for piloting at all really; she moves on her own. However the 'cockpit' inside her is just in case she turns against Sidonia; the 'pilot' there can directly override her brain and force her to follow orders, like a robot.
Apr 25, 2015 1:33 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kobayashi is quite insightful to already set the plan to target Planet 9. Also like her readiness to take risks even in critical situations.

Tsumugi asking Izana to see the cat's picture was too cute! She keeps proving that to be the best girl, you don't need a human body.

Poor Nagate got REKT by En's robust kick! This guy always has the worst timing with girls. Such a waste of Onigiri..

Damnit! Tsumugi got trapped.. Gauna 550 will be pain to deal with. Loved the usual formation along with that epic soundtrack though!

Good episode. Looking forward to the intense battle next week.

Apr 25, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2010
F*** this shit! Why u have to end there :( Felt so short.

Gotta love Tsumugi. She's just so damn adorable <3<3
She'll be okay! Nagate go rescue ur waifu!!

Lol'd so hard at the Onigiri, En kick scene. Nagate's deformed face when he got REKT was priceless ROFL XD

Can't wait for Isana's power up :P
Apr 25, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
GARBrotato said:
He is inside her giving orders. Though there's no need for piloting at all really; she moves on her own. However the 'cockpit' inside her is just in case she turns against Sidonia; the 'pilot' there can directly override her brain and force her to follow orders, like a robot.

Ok, thanks for a clarification. It just felt weird to me that he need to pilot something that has its own consciousness.

But the ability to override is kinda unreliable at least. I mean, she is gauna technically, if she wanted to take control of the pilot nothing would've stopped her. And I know it's really not the same but I cannot forget 3rd law of robotics and its dilemma here. Especially if she wanted to preserve herself no matter what.
Apr 25, 2015 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
Mich666 said:
But the ability to override is kinda unreliable at least. I mean, she is gauna technically, if she wanted to take control of the pilot nothing would've stopped her. And I know it's really not the same but I cannot forget 3rd law of robotics and its dilemma here. Especially if she wanted to preserve herself no matter what.
Ochiai seems rather confident in his control over Chimera, and for good reason; he has shown his ability to take control of human minds, Tsumugi's is exactly the same. Plus he may have a few other tricks up his sleeve in case of emergencies. Besides, judging by Tsumugi's personality that shouldn't be a problem anyway.
------

Anyway just watched the episode, pretty cool to see the scenes animated and the OST/animation really give life to the series, the manga was kinda dry in the calm bits like some of the scenes in this episode. I loved the onigiri scene, fucking priceless xD
Those Nagate faces, they never get old. Although obviously Izana's faces are even more hilarious, can't wait to see some of them!

As cheesy as the holding hands scene was, I couldn't help but love it because these 4 are my favorite characters in this series:

One of the best shows this season for sure.
5/5
Apr 25, 2015 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
GARBrotato said:
As cheesy as the holding hands scene was, I couldn't help but love it because these 4 are my favorite characters in this series:

One of the best shows this season for sure.
5/5

I Couldnt agree more.
One if not, the best show of the season.
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 25, 2015 2:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Episode went by so fast TwT

Was a nice calm and slow paced episode with everyone adjusting to the changes going on in Sidona now....Really like the Tsugumi moments as well >//<

Another intense battle is starting and Tsumugi is captured (Yikes) so this will be interesting to see how things play out
Apr 25, 2015 2:48 PM
May 2012
aryashine said:
But uh, if Tsumugi's "dad" is Kunato, does that mean he did.. it.. with..[/spoiler]

Yeah, it means Ochiai used artificial insemination to impregnate the Hoshijiro placenta.

That is what you were thinking, right?

Mich666 said:
I 'm always thinking there is cute Hoshijiro clone inside :)

He's sitting in a space inside, like we saw when he greeted Dr. Shinatose during their initial meeting, when the chimera was still incomplete.

And dat slo-mo kick En did when Tanikaze accidentaly entered into her room when she was getting naked though :D I was laughin hard during that scene (though it seems she has some powerful muscles to jump like that - or was that effect of her coma and contact with gauna?)

The Honoka sisters are a line of clones. In addition to accelerated maturation, it seems they also have enhanced physical capabilities. We saw this previously, in the last episode of the first season, when Honoka Ren jumped from a great height and landed in front of Tanikaze and Izana.
Apr 25, 2015 3:34 PM

Aug 2012
>3rd episode already
>Tsugumi

C'mon plebs, learn to spell her name right ffs.
Apr 25, 2015 3:48 PM
Oct 2010
This season is so intense already, I'm really enjoying it.
Apr 25, 2015 6:42 PM

Aug 2012
I love the sound and animation direction, even more than S1. I also love the build up and gradual revealing of Ochiai's plot and the simultaneous build up to insane battle.

Hand holding scene is awesome, Tsumugi is awesome.
Flawfinder said:
On the other, we get shitty "pervert" humor immediately afterwards. Just why?
That was some of the best shitty pervert humor I've probably ever seen. It felt so parody-driven.
Apr 25, 2015 7:22 PM

Oct 2013
Flawfinder said:
Sidonia continues to be a series of highs and lows. On the one hand, we get an interesting discussion about the Gauna shot in space and all done in one take. On the other, we get shitty "pervert" humor immediately afterwards. Just why?
The author has sense of humor
Apr 25, 2015 8:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AlexTheRiot said:

Flawfinder said:
On the other, we get shitty "pervert" humor immediately afterwards. Just why?
That was some of the best shitty pervert humor I've probably ever seen. It felt so parody-driven.

Agreed, usually the male mc would nosebleed or blush and apologize, but Nagate just walked away as if nothing happened, but still got hit, although in a more gruesome manner, which was refreshing. And lol, even when injured, Nagate worries about onigiri....
Apr 25, 2015 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
chakracat said:

The part where Tanikaze walked on them changing was so hilarious and I laughed at the way En bolted when she saw him.

aryashine said:

It happened in a lot anime where something that is biologically engineered and alive refers to their creator as father or mother.

Cosmic level of NTR

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

Apr 25, 2015 11:14 PM

Sep 2014
Damn, Honoka En's got some crazy strength. She just kicked down that door like it was nothing, and then turned into Spider-Man later.

Tsumugi is so freaking cute, but why did they make her look like a penis?

Next week's episode looks intense as ****
Apr 25, 2015 11:39 PM

Aug 2008
Last part is interesting. Other than that, slow episode. Looking forward for next week.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 25, 2015 11:50 PM

Aug 2012
Rage5110 said:
chakracat said:

Cosmic level of NTR

Trying to pretend nothing happened there.
Apr 25, 2015 11:58 PM

Aug 2012
SaveTheAralSea said:
Tsumugi is so freaking cute, but why did they make her look like a penis?

I don't have any problem with the way it looks. Her probe form merely reflects her Gauna nature.
Apr 26, 2015 1:05 AM

Jun 2013
Nagate face got destroyed lol next episode is gonna be epic
Apr 26, 2015 3:54 AM

Jan 2011
Get rekt Nagate.
Apr 26, 2015 6:08 AM

Feb 2012
tingy said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Agreed, usually the male mc would nosebleed or blush and apologize, but Nagate just walked away as if nothing happened, but still got hit, although in a more gruesome manner, which was refreshing. And lol, even when injured, Nagate worries about onigiri....

It added nothing to the plot and is out-of-place in a "serious sci-fi" setting. If you want to add parody humor to your story, make sure it fits what you're going for. Sidonia isn't Evangelion or Guilty Crown where the main character is a loser that gets angrier every time someone shits on him. The main dude is an earnest (if kinda boring) guy who earned respect from his peers over time through serious accomplishments, and it's not fun to see him get abused for his "nice guy" personality.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Apr 26, 2015 6:41 AM

Jul 2014
Hand holding scene is awesome, Instant 10/10

Apr 26, 2015 6:44 AM

Apr 2015
I wonder what exactly Yuhata thought when she saw Nagate's name in (what I assume is) Hoshijiro Ena visitors log. Does she think that Nagate impregnated Hoshijiro?

Mass production of Gard Type 18 cockpit armor enhanced with Ganna core shell raise an interesting question, weather or not those parts will be used to make more chimeras. Does that mean that chimera grows on top of Gard frame and that is why it has a cockpit.

P.S. No manga spoilers please.
GezzasApr 26, 2015 6:52 AM
Apr 26, 2015 6:50 AM

Jan 2014
YESSSSS
BASED SIDONIA

Also noticed the somewhat slow pacing.
Still great nonetheless.

Seems like the animation in some parts is butter smooth. Thank you, Polygon Pictures.

Nagate's faces when crushed are the best 10/10

ED is catchy as always.
MISSED THAT GARDES RING FORMATION.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 26, 2015 7:15 AM

Nov 2013
Flawfinder said:
tingy said:

It added nothing to the plot and is out-of-place in a "serious sci-fi" setting. If you want to add parody humor to your story, make sure it fits what you're going for. Sidonia isn't Evangelion or Guilty Crown where the main character is a loser that gets angrier every time someone shits on him. The main dude is an earnest (if kinda boring) guy who earned respect from his peers over time through serious accomplishments, and it's not fun to see him get abused for his "nice guy" personality.
En was unconscious for a few months and the last thing she remembers is Nagate screwing up and ruining their mission. As far as she's concerned he's not a 'nice person' nor is he someone she should respect.
Apr 26, 2015 8:08 AM

Nov 2013
Wait, so that guy planted his sperm inside a gauna, and now that chimera is literally his daughter? And he rides inside of her to battle? 2sci-fi4me
Apr 26, 2015 11:04 AM

Oct 2008
As soon as Honoka En said that she wants to photosynthesize I already know Nagate will run again into unintentional peeping scene just like S1!...hahaha Nagate smacked-down by the steel door and smashed again by it...poor distorted face of Nagate
Sooner or later Yuhata will find something fishy goin' on with Kunato Dev and Tsumugi Hybrid
Gauna intelligence is also evolving. Since it knows that the Hybrid will be a threat, the gauna made a countermeasure sealing-like tactics.
Nagate and team goes again to the rescue.

Apr 26, 2015 1:05 PM

Oct 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Wait, so that guy planted his sperm inside a gauna, and now that chimera is literally his daughter? And he rides inside of her to battle? 2sci-fi4me

Wait did Kunato specifically state that it was his sperm that he used? I guess it was implied, but I was of the belief that he somehow managed to get Tanikaze's. As for how he would manage to do that however...your guess is as good as mine. :P

------

Back on topic. I'll be honest here, I completely forgot that Honoka En was even in a coma to begin with. That made me remember just why I disliked Kunato so much. Also, poor Tanikaze. I thought that he was going to make it out of his awkward encounter in one piece, but clearly I was wrong. Haha
MegaShadowFistApr 26, 2015 1:09 PM
Apr 26, 2015 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Rage5110 said:

Cosmic level of NTR

Trying to pretend nothing happened there.

or is it orchai? though it would make more sense that it is kunato... or is it possible that he/they took tanikaze DNA and added it to her? since it would make more sense to take it from the ace of the current generation than from a random soilder...

aaaanyways... there is orchai in kunato and one orchai clone (?), wondering whether they are good or bad... also, L>people noticing that orchai took over him o__o
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 26, 2015 3:12 PM

Sep 2013
Slow episode with some cute moments goddamn Tsumugi is the cutest thing ever.
Next episode is going to be awesome and tragic I'm ready
Apr 26, 2015 6:28 PM
Nov 2013
Wait a minute, did Kunato say that he impregnated the gauna that is Tsumugi's mother?

Excellent episode. Shit is going to go down next episode
Apr 26, 2015 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
That En's kick scene was a good one.

Tsumugi is captured.
Apr 27, 2015 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
i've like played that ending scene so many times now....
With the sound effects and the ost, it just looks so cool to see them charge into battle like that.
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 27, 2015 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
Another awesome episode!

The gauna really have the upper hand. With their plans and adaptability, you'd think they were sentient.

So the colonists they saved last season are now dead?
Apr 28, 2015 7:05 AM

Dec 2013
The episode was mostly build up, up till the last 3 minutes....
Did anyone besides me think that huge womb-like thing stuck to Gauna Hoshijirou made her look like an alien queen? Izuna's Granny's flashback was quite informative, but I wonder who's male seed was implanted..... I doubt it would be Tanikaze or his gramp's since Kunato wouldn't have his samples, makes me think it was probably Ochiai himself, considering he needs to invest in a backup plan should shit hit the fan. Considering how they already have a clone of him up and running, I'd put my money on that.

En has a thing for Tanikaze as well right? Someone tell me I'm right.....

NOT looking forward to the events that I'm expecting to happen next episode.... I always pegged Izana to turn into a girl before
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 30, 2015 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
Another alright episode. The CG does look good when they're all in space.
Hopefully the chimera doesn't turn evil.
May 1, 2015 6:28 AM

Dec 2010
The Frame rate was beyond criticism this time. And the cliffhanger hurts so much. Although the latter applies only because I'm following this weekly.

And Placenta Hoshijiro lives, my favorite part out of the season at this point.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

163 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

104 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

63 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

75 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.