Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2015 12:34 AM

Jul 2014
Its April now and there's almost 6 months before this show will even start airing, yet the idiots on this site have successfully rated this show, and at the time of me posting this thread, this show is ranked on 21st place. A show that's not even aired yet, 21st place.

I don't even know whats stupid anymore, the idiots who rated, or mal's rating system, or me who still gives a huark. MAL needs to tweak their rating system man, where a show should not be allowed to be rated until it have aired.
How do I signature?
Apr 24, 2015 10:39 AM

Feb 2015
I don’t really care about rankings on this site (or any other), but I can see why some will find this particular thing annoying. Take a look at Steins; Gate: 0 for example as well. As right now, that series is taking the #11 spot. Release date: still unknown.

I’m one of those that would rather wait and see than just blinding score something before it airs, even if I’m a big fan of it.

Anyway, if you ask me, you’re just wasting energy by being upset about stuff like this. I know, it could be annoying, not to mention weird, but it is what it is. Just try not to pay too much attention to it, simple as that.

You know what would be awful though, if the series being already ranked so high ends up being nothing but average and/or a complete mess of an adaptation.

May 28, 2015 1:08 PM
Nov 2014
Tiny bit off-topic: why don't they add like e.g. 7.5/10 ? .01 or .1

Always wondered why.
💕 Monocision 💕 - Disqus
May 29, 2015 12:17 PM

Jan 2015
MadameJhoan said:
Tiny bit off-topic: why don't they add like e.g. 7.5/10 ? .01 or .1

Always wondered why.

holy shit, can you imagine the nosedive some of these series ratings would take if someone could literally vote it .01? SAVAGE!!!
May 29, 2015 12:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
No the existence of this tab is what is really a joke:
http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=upcoming

Seriously why the fuck was this implemented? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
May 30, 2015 2:29 AM
Nov 2014
I never look at the av. ratings, reading reviews makes more sense.
💕 Monocision 💕 - Disqus
May 30, 2015 7:31 AM
Sep 2012
HaXXspetten said:

Seriously why the fuck was this implemented? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

Yeah, because a list of popular upcoming anime is totally useless and I'm certain nobody would ever need such a thing for any purpose whatsoever. /sarcasm
May 30, 2015 7:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
kukelekuuk00 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Yeah, because a list of popular upcoming anime is totally useless and I'm certain nobody would ever need such a thing for any purpose whatsoever. /sarcasm
Uh, encouraging people to rate anime that hasn't even aired yet is completely useless...

If it really was a list of popular upcoming anime then yeah sure, but it isn't. It's just an excuse for people to up/downvote shit they're not capable of judging

In the first place you have stuff like Anichart/Livechart etc so you should already know about what's coming up in the near future anyway

You know what's really retarded though? The votes on not-yet-aired anime are supposed to reset every day, but by implementing this system they're completely counteracting what they were trying to avoid up until this point. I don't understand what the official standpoint is supposed to be anymore :s
May 30, 2015 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
[spoiler]
kukelekuuk00 said:

Uh, encouraging people to rate anime that hasn't even aired yet is completely useless...

If it really was a list of popular upcoming anime then yeah sure, but it isn't. It's just an excuse for people to up/downvote shit they're not capable of judging

In the first place you have stuff like Anichart/Livechart etc so you should already know about what's coming up in the near future anyway

You know what's really retarded though? The votes on not-yet-aired anime are supposed to reset every day, but by implementing this system they're completely counteracting what they were trying to avoid up until this point. I don't understand what the official standpoint is supposed to be anymore :s
[/spoiler]

True. At this point that list only purpose is to show you the ridiculous ratings people are giving to series that haven’t aired yet. The series with most fans will usually end up on top, simple as that.

Funny thing, some of those series don’t even have a time-frame of release yet. Like Kizumonogatari or Steins;Gate:0. There are there for the sake of being there..... brought to you thanks to the effort of some of their fandom!

May 30, 2015 10:46 PM

Aug 2014
MAL is actually a really big joke and everyone has been pranked. There is no such thing as anime.
May 31, 2015 3:24 PM

Jul 2010
imdb has the same problem, just a bunch of 12 year olds hyping sh^t up before it even starts.
Jun 4, 2015 7:22 AM
Jan 2013
I thought mal will reset the scores when the first episode airs.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jun 4, 2015 8:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lelouch_Darsi said:
I thought mal will reset the scores when the first episode airs.
No it doesn't. It's just that once the first episode airs, the number of actual votes for the series will increase by several thousand percentage, meaning that the initial rating the show had before it just becomes a tiny drop in the ocean all of a sudden. I.E: indirectly it's like the "original" rating doesn't matter since it's such a small sample size in comparison to what it's like afterwards.
Jun 5, 2015 7:27 PM

Jan 2014
inb4 all the shitters above rate one punch man just as high as it is rated now.
I love my gurlz
Jun 5, 2015 7:28 PM

Feb 2011
oh look it's this thread again
and once again... why do people care?
Jun 6, 2015 3:28 AM

Feb 2011
HaXXspetten said:
kukelekuuk00 said:

the list itself is not stupid or useless, it's the way it got implemented which is
not yet aired animes should have the voting disabled, same for animes with only few episodes out
a most popular upcoming show can be made by sorting the popularity = number of members with "plan to watch"
that would have been a correct way to implement that list

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 6, 2015 3:51 AM

May 2015
Kittenpotpie said:
This.
You don't like it? Just Sign Out from MAL.....
Jun 6, 2015 3:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Zeando said:
HaXXspetten said:

the list itself is not stupid or useless, it's the way it got implemented which is
not yet aired animes should have the voting disabled, same for animes with only few episodes out
a most popular upcoming show can be made by sorting the popularity = number of members with "plan to watch"
that would have been a correct way to implement that list
Yeah if it was just sorted by the member count then I could understand it. Then it'd be a list of "shows which the most people are looking forward to", which would be sensible. But having it based on ratings makes no sense
Jun 7, 2015 4:45 AM

Jul 2008
Kittenpotpie said:

Oh look; it's one of the terrible people who ruins this site with their inability to judge things, giving out nines and tens to everything they watch, creating inflation in the ratings and assuring the whole rating system is ruined for everyone else.

Yeah, big surprise you don't care; you're the fucking symptom of everything which is wrong with this site to begin with. It's obvious that the pros of a working rating system is lost on you, since you don't have taste and can't recognize quality even if it's raping your family and forcing you to watch, but for the rest of the modern world ratings is a form of weighted recommendation that gives you a feeling for if you're going to waste your time or not.

That's the idea at least, but people like you ruin it for the rest of us out of sheer stupidity and egoism.

444 titles and a mean score of 7.6... Get the fuck out of here.
AfterGlowJun 7, 2015 4:49 AM
Jul 7, 2015 5:00 AM

Sep 2014
You don't say? You can't take ratings on MAL seriously. Well if it's below a 7 it's generally not worth your time. Anything above a 7 is subjective. I mean the top 10 list is half gintama's which only a very small portion have rated in comparison (Like a 10th if that for the newer gintamas) to clannad AS, FMAB, Steins gate ect
Jul 7, 2015 5:17 AM

Jun 2011
It's not a joke. One Punch Man is so great that even if it's a shit adaption, it's still a masterpiece.

Joking aside, the ranking indicates its hype level. It's just that simple.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 25, 2015 4:22 PM

Aug 2014
davinci12 said:
You don't say? You can't take ratings on MAL seriously. Well if it's below a 7 it's generally not worth your time. Anything above a 7 is subjective. I mean the top 10 list is half gintama's which only a very small portion have rated in comparison (Like a 10th if that for the newer gintamas) to clannad AS, FMAB, Steins gate ect

I like your contradiction, lol
Nov 26, 2015 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
if gintama is rated 9+ then i dont see why its wrong for OPM to be high rated as well
Nov 26, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2014
juicykitten95 said:
if gintama is rated 9+ then i dont see why its wrong for OPM to be high rated as well
Nov 26, 2015 5:22 PM

Mar 2014
juicykitten95 said:
That awkward moment when this has nothing to do with what the thread is talking about. Stay mad/10.

Btdubs, Gintama is more than deserving of its top ten spots; whereas, currently speaking, the OPM anime shouldn't even be top 50. Lel.
Nov 26, 2015 5:26 PM

Sep 2009
Blitzkriag said:
Its April now and there's almost 6 months before this show will even start airing, yet the idiots on this site have successfully rated this show, and at the time of me posting this thread, this show is ranked on 21st place. A show that's not even aired yet, 21st place.

I don't even know whats stupid anymore, the idiots who rated, or mal's rating system, or me who still gives a huark. MAL needs to tweak their rating system man, where a show should not be allowed to be rated until it have aired.

Lol MAL should totally require you to pass a quiz based on the episodes you've read, and then weight your score based on that.

Lel
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 26, 2015 6:20 PM

Oct 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
Lol MAL should totally require you to pass a quiz based on the episodes you've read, and then weight your score based on that.

Sounds perfect for a written part of a hero registration exam of a future "Heroes Association" club in MAL. As for the practical test... that... remains to be seen...
Nov 27, 2015 1:07 AM

Jan 2013
ziggy_Z said:
juicykitten95 said:
That awkward moment when this has nothing to do with what the thread is talking about. Stay mad/10.

Btdubs, Gintama is more than deserving of its top ten spots; whereas, currently speaking, the OPM anime shouldn't even be top 50. Lel.

i aint mad at gintamas rating i just stated that OPM does deserve high rating based on MAL standards , and when the last ep finishes it might surpass gintama :)
Nov 27, 2015 1:10 AM

Mar 2008
Which is stronger, Saitama's One-Punch or Xinil's One-Joke?
Mar 11, 2021 11:37 PM
Feb 2019
I was new to this site years ago & I didn't pay attention to things like how the rank affects the score for example. I used to think the score stay's the way it is because it would tell us how good it is, but it annoys me how the score goes down on great anime because people will give out fake reviews for self cantered reasons by calling it out on things that aren't true like saying Your Name has no plot which we all know it does & most of the reviews are extremally arrogant as well. Something about this site needs to change & i am not saying everyone should like the same but It's important to be more honest about what you think of the show instead of just whining about it & giving out fake reviews to wind people up.
Mar 21, 2021 12:25 AM

May 2016
Pairedecar09 said:
I was new to this site years ago & I didn't pay attention to things like how the rank affects the score for example. I used to think the score stay's the way it is because it would tell us how good it is, but it annoys me how the score goes down on great anime because people will give out fake reviews for self cantered reasons by calling it out on things that aren't true like saying Your Name has no plot which we all know it does & most of the reviews are extremally arrogant as well. Something about this site needs to change & i am not saying everyone should like the same but It's important to be more honest about what you think of the show instead of just whining about it & giving out fake reviews to wind people up.
You tell em Pairedecar09. Too many people on here trying play critic.

More topics from this board

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Yesterday, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

791 by Jiborjas »»
Mar 13, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.