Apr 23, 2015 5:32 PM

Jul 2011
How did it go?
Did you get the job?
Where do you work, and do you enjoy it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2015 5:35 PM

Apr 2013
As any normal young adult yes I did and I never failed to get the job I was applying for.
Apr 23, 2015 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
I haven't been to one before yet.

Apr 23, 2015 5:36 PM
Sep 2013
"have you ever done something any normal teenager or adult has done in the past 100 years"
Apr 23, 2015 5:41 PM

Jul 2011
amazingbrian said:
"have you ever done something any normal teenager or adult has done in the past 100 years"

How about you both post your experiences instead of posting useless snide comments that no one cares about? This isn't a "raise your post count by spamming" thread. xx
AversaApr 24, 2015 3:33 AM
Apr 23, 2015 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
I had one this past Monday!
It went smoothly, and I wasn't nervous surprisingly.
I got the job, so now I work at an office supply/furniture store.
Apr 23, 2015 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
Nope, I've had other types of interviews though.
Apr 23, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2014
Asked retarded questions that I gave halfassed answers to because there really was no way to go about answering them concisely or accurately, just some vague bullshit questions about life experiences to try and gauge what kind of person I am I guess. I think my boss thought the questions were retarded as well because he seemed awkward about asking them like he had to do it as part of some hiring script or some shit.

Got hired, been a good worker, due for a promotion in ~3 months.
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Apr 23, 2015 6:07 PM

Jul 2014
marusamarento said:
How about you both post your experiences instead of posting useless snide comments that no one cares about? This isn't a "raise your post count by spamming" thread. xx

You tell em OP.

Apr 23, 2015 6:17 PM

Mar 2013
This is MAL, every thread is a "raise your post count by spamming" thread.
Apr 23, 2015 6:21 PM

Jan 2009
many times, i have like 7 previous jobs already
Apr 23, 2015 9:31 PM

Mar 2011
Yes, I have a 50/50 record for getting the job (realistically it is usually 1/10 or 1/55). Years ago I went to one and it was good; the woman liked me, I had a good record and a few excellent recommendations. Everything was going good until my age was brought into attention, I was too young for the job. The insurance for the company would not cover me so she said if I ever wanted the job in the future give her a call. I moved to another city though.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 24, 2015 3:07 AM
Apr 24, 2015 3:24 AM

Jan 2015
Yes. They are horrible interviews are like interrogations. I resolved to get the jobs by lying. I will even get friends to lie for me saying they employed me and I will buy them a beer or whatever. I got jobs when I lied. Every job I had made me want to kill myself within a month even when I had a good boss. I freelance mostly now, because I can.
Apr 24, 2015 3:44 AM

Apr 2010
I lost count in the number of job interviews i had.
Some of them got me a job others didn't.
Getting a job in the past few years is hard and most of the jobs i get are on a temporal basis so i apply for jobs on a regular basis.

A job interview is all about first impressions.
So try too make a good impression, dress nicely use a firm handshake try to act confident show interest in the job and hope for the best.
You won't always get the job but as long as you keep trying you will get a job eventually.
Apr 24, 2015 3:46 AM

Feb 2015
I failed two interviews this year. Both because I didn't fit in the requirements, be it availability or personal profile. Also I got 90 minutes late to the last one because I took the wrong bus '-'
Apr 24, 2015 3:47 AM
Feb 2011
No, I haven't. All the jobs I had were gotten through connections.
Apr 24, 2015 4:01 AM
Mar 2013
No and I never will.

Being a NEET>>>>>wage slavery
Apr 24, 2015 4:14 AM

Jun 2014
Yes. Once so far and I don't know if I will get the job but I hope I do! :D
Apr 24, 2015 4:52 AM

Feb 2015
Yes

How did it go?
Different with different things. I'd say the best ones don't bullshit around with getting to know you, they mostly just tell you what the job is like and ask you if you can do it. Its not like they won't fire you if you can't. I do fine usually.

Did you get the job?
Not always.

Chinese place, I'm a cook. Yeah, its pretty good. I'm getting a lot faster at cooking shit. A lot of interesting people who work there. And I can actually respect the managers. I still don't trust them as far as I can kick them, but they really work hard and try to help everyone.

Apr 24, 2015 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
I have my first this Sunday actually ><; I'm nervous. Though I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the job.
Apr 24, 2015 5:11 AM
Jul 2018
Never had one o.o I always got the job on the spot.

Hell I worked so had my steel toed boots tore

All manly Jobs ,all jobs that required a country song when driving home to relax (except 1)

I'm a trucker but I can only drive within my state atm can't wait to turn 21 :3
removed-userApr 24, 2015 5:14 AM
Apr 24, 2015 5:16 AM

Feb 2012
Yes! I've been to four so far.

How did it go?
My first one was for a retail shop which went terrible, my hands were sweaty and I had to shake the lady's hand (you can imagine the horror on her face..). My second one was a lot better because the interviewer was very casual but I didn't get the job. Third one I did, but it was for a traineeship but you get paid for it so I'm currently working in hospitality at the moment which is okay. My fourth one I got through the phone interview but didn't get past the face to face interview (but there were like 50 other people sitting in the huge corridor thing so I don't mind - I just wanted to see if I could find some other work but I'm still working as a waitress..)

Where do you work and do you enjoy it?
I work in 3 different areas (cause its a huge place) so there's a café, restaurant area and functions. It's alright, not the greatest because I get long hours and I end up smelling like food every time which is annoying, but I meet some pretty fun people there which is nice.

Jun 2, 2015 1:49 PM
Jun 2, 2015 1:51 PM

Nov 2014
marusamarento said:
How did it go?

They usually go fine. The first ones I went on didn't go fine, though.

Did you get the job?

Sometimes.

Eh, I can't complain
Jun 2, 2015 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
trevordd said:
Of course! I don't.And I know that if I have a good resume, everything will be fine. I created mine on http://craftresumes.com website, and got my job easily

Jun 2, 2015 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
Nope. I've never been called for a job interview, despite having applied for more jobs than most do in a lifetime.

Jun 2, 2015 2:19 PM

Feb 2013
fst said:
This is MAL, every thread is a "raise your post count by spamming" thread.

do people here really measure each other by post counts?
( sorry for asking just wanted to know )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2015 2:58 PM

Nov 2013
Yes I've had 3 so far. For Dairy Queen, Menards, and Target. Was successful at all 3 but only took the jobs for Dairy Queen and target and that are places I currently work.
Jun 2, 2015 8:25 PM

May 2012
I got a part time job as a lifeguard we had to practice for it before obviously and once we passed we immediately get considered.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jun 2, 2015 8:42 PM
May 2015
I've had 2 job interviews and absolutely hated them. I hated having to prove myself and answer ridiculous questions and basically just having tell how great I am and that I'm the right guy for the job. I just found the whole process unnecessary and incredibly demeaning. Never again.
Jun 2, 2015 8:44 PM

May 2015
I've been to a couple of job interviews. When I go to the interview, I usually get the job (though there was one exception where I walked out because of the managers condescending nature to his employees).

I find that the hard part is usually getting the interview. You almost have to design a resume specifically for the place that you are applying for.
Slightly Dangerous

Jun 2, 2015 9:42 PM

Sep 2013
I hate when they ask about hobbies and I can't say "I watch anime all day everyday".

RockerRollin said:
I've had 2 job interviews and absolutely hated them. I hated having to prove myself and answer ridiculous questions and basically just having tell how great I am and that I'm the right guy for the job. I just found the whole process unnecessary and incredibly demeaning. Never again.

Yeah it feels like I have to put on a show and inflate my "strengths". It depends on the interviewer really, some expect you to sell yourself while others just want to get to know you better. The formal seems to expect people with big egos. I'd rather they get to know me and if I am not accepted, I know it's because the position doesn't fit me.
Jun 2, 2015 11:08 PM

Aug 2013
A few, Ive had great ones and bad ones. One of the worst was for a photo editor job when I got there it was a practical interview on a mac....I'd only ever trained on a PC so even though I knew photoshop I looked like an amateur it was embarrassing.

One of the best ones was in front of around 8 interviewers. They asked me where I see myself in 5 years if I got the job. I told them "The manager".

I got the job.
Jun 2, 2015 11:09 PM

Apr 2008
How many times have I been interviewed?
Ans: Too many times, lost count, out of university, with full time work experience to go by, getting a job was tough, I just constantly interviewed and interviewer and applied then applied some more.

Current job : I work for an IT company, in the sales department, and have done for a year or so now. Absolutely hate it
Jun 3, 2015 12:11 AM

Nov 2014
How many? Twice
How did it go? It goes well
Did you get the work? The first one was failed, but i got the second one
Where do you work? At my apartment, (my work is translator)
Do you enjoy it? Sure
Jun 3, 2015 12:13 AM

Sep 2014
yes once
it didnt go too well but im glad because it was shit job and it was my mother who pestered me to go
Jun 3, 2015 12:18 AM

Jul 2012
I've only had 1 job my whole life (I'm only 19) and I'm still working there but I lucked out. Apparently the person who usually did interviews wasn't there that day so I had someone else and she decided to give me it on the spot without the interview for some reason. Best interview ever. I can see myself failing in legit interviews though.
Jun 3, 2015 4:15 AM

Jun 2014
Yup, went to one

It was different from what I was expecting, playing card game and trying to make a house with it was part of the interview.
You gotta do what you gotta do.
Jun 3, 2015 5:22 AM

May 2014
I suck at interviews and life
Jun 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Feb 2008
marusamarento said:
How did it go?
Did you get the job?

I don't know if this is just some random thought you had or what but uh, yeah.

I've had three interviews in my entire life and two of them I have got.
Currently work in security, I can't say I hate it and it's a big improvement on being a warehouse manager.
Jun 3, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
amazingbrian said:

/thread
Jun 3, 2015 12:39 PM
Dec 2014
Dojourei said:
I haven't been to one before yet.
j
Jun 3, 2015 3:36 PM

Mar 2013
I only had a few of them (just 2 or 3) but I fucked one up once because I kept looking at the manager's boobs

boys will be boys lol
Jun 3, 2015 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Yes I have and it does get nervous when you cannot answer a question or it becomes a awkward atmosphere
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2015 7:48 PM
Mar 2014
Yes. It was awkward because the interviewer was emotionless.
AccountKiller
Jun 3, 2015 8:10 PM

May 2014
I've applied for a shit ton of jobs over the years, but only gone to a few interviews.

I've been really earnest and honest with my goals concerning whichever job the interview was about, and I've never not landed a job that I interviewed for.

Persistence is also very important. Keep showing up after you do your application and make it clear that you're motivated to show up and do your job. It'll be harder for them to deny you if they can put a face to one of the hundred or so applications they get each week.
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Jun 3, 2015 8:12 PM

Oct 2007
I've gone to quite a few interviews over the years. Hoping to get some in the next few days as a developer.
Jun 3, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
For those who have had little to no interviews over the years I'll give you some advice.
The first thing to do is redo your CV its not good enough, thats just a fact. My first cv was sent out over 3 years and not a phone call. Then I reworked it and I mean reworked it, it was a masterpieces in misdirection and exaggeration. you have to craft it word for word with purpose like a well designed sword. Everything is psychology when it comes to getting a job and ever word has to manipulate the person reading it. My second CV landed my 4 interviews in 3 weeks. I had to turn some down because it was getting too busy.

Next the interview

Been honest isn't enough, they see a ton of young people come in looking like green cadets fresh out of education boot camp (even if you're older) that honesty is the best policy is wrong. You don't have to lie but they don't really want to hear that you are desperate for this job and thats what they hear when you act like a boyscout looking for his first job. They don't want to know that you'll be a honest hard worker who will always show up. They hear that from hundreds of applicants. your job is to stand out regardless of how you do it. Been memorable is more important than been honest they want to hear confidence, ego with a mix of professionalism, and forward thinking.

You have to show up like you don't really need this job but consider it beneficial for you and them for this partnership to work out. You have to walk a fine line of confident and arrogant. Show you are aggressive like a professional shark. you don't just want to work there like a monotone emotionless robot you want to work your way up and you know you can. You walk in and you tell them that the manager spot will be yours some day. Not might but will, make it seem like you are the only logical choice. They hear monoton dull robot applicants all the time. Bring the fookin passion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

16 by Adverrito »»
47 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
47 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

16 by Adverrito »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

20 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Today

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.