Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 20, 2015 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
It's retaliation to idiocy. Sure, idiots retaliating to idiots, but who can blame the idiots for retaliating for idiots.

Plus, they're idiots in more way than one. God says in the bible not to hate the sinner, but to hate the sin, so doing this is basically sending a middle finger to the big man. GG.
Apr 20, 2015 9:46 PM

Jul 2014
Who cares, the LGTB community or at least the vocal LGTB community have proven itself to be hugely fascist.
Apr 20, 2015 9:51 PM
Nov 2013
Unreal. The level of hatred that still exists is incredible to me. I'll never understand why orientation is such a huge deal to so many people. I thought younger generations were finally understanding how idiotic everyone has always been about the issue, but apparently not.
Apr 20, 2015 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
Oh deer?!!

INTENSIVE +18 HENTAI IN THE SPOILER

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
Apr 20, 2015 10:03 PM

Apr 2014
Sometimes you lose a little bit of faith in humanity.
Other times you lose a lot.
Apr 20, 2015 10:07 PM

Jan 2009
im not gonna be surprise if the organizers of that Anti-Gay movement are religious and possibly Christians
Apr 20, 2015 10:11 PM

May 2012
j0x said:
im not gonna be surprise if the organizers of that Anti-Gay movement are religious and possibly Christians

"In addition, participants posted Bible verses on the lockers of students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT)"

I would say they are.
Apr 20, 2015 10:35 PM

Mar 2008
Lol they care so much about others. Muh values.
Apr 20, 2015 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
imjustjk said:
j0x said:

"In addition, participants posted Bible verses on the lockers of students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT)"

I would say they are.

thanks for that, yep just additional confirmation that religion is cancer
Apr 20, 2015 11:08 PM

Jun 2008
I'm 99% positive these fuckers are christian.

Christians are so oppressed in America.

Next to White Middle-Class Womyn they are on the podium in the Oppression Olympics.
Apr 20, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2009
School officials have been mostly tight-lipped about the incident, but McGuffey High School Superintendent Erica Kolat released a statement to local station WPXI, noting that "allegations of harassment were brought to the attention of our administration."

"We resolve to ensure that all children can grow and learn in a safe, supportive environment free from discrimination," she noted.

Yeah . . . Sure . . .

This is like that Governor in Indianna that claimed "I didn't even realize this bill I wrote was literally designed to discriminate". -_- . . . They let it go on then act like perfect little angels when they get bashed by the media. If you are going to discriminate against a group OWN UP TO IT. By pansying out you just make yourself look even more pathetic, since obviously your own ideals that led you to said discrimination were so fragile that a few articles that will be forgotten in a day were enough to change your views entirely. And you might be asking why I am labeling the administration as being discriminatory, after all, it wasn't their faults. This kind of stuff doesn't just happen for an entire day without teacher's noticing, the fact it took until the end of the day to realize what happened clearly shows many just flat out didn't give a shit. If you don't give a shit, then don't give a shit, that's all I gotta say.
Apr 21, 2015 7:06 AM

Jan 2015
How come the liberal America is full of cases like this while it's rare to hear things like this in the "conservative" Europe?
(seriously, I've been wondering about it)

OT: So, the staff organizes an event like this, then,
"We resolve to ensure that all children can grow and learn in a safe, supportive environment free from discrimination," she noted.

they think all the bullied students will go back like nothing happened? Like it was not their schoolmates that harassed them?

On the contrary, retarded commenters saying it's their fate that turned them homophobes. Yeah, blame the faith itself, not like, the parents that didn't teach their kids to respect everyone. I just love how all these insightful and smart american commenters judge religious people and religion altogether, based on things happening in the US. Sure, if it happens in America, it must be the same in Europe! No, it must be the same everywhere! Religious people supporting gays don't even exist, it's just a lie by the bigots!
And before someone says, "the religion itself supports homophobia", that's not true. You are supposed to love everyone, regardless of sex, and that's the truth. If some bigots turn things around and start saying "we don't like gays because that's what our religion tells us", that's just to cover up their hatred.
Apr 21, 2015 2:14 PM

Mar 2014
I'm amazed that the school even allowed this to happen for more than five minutes. That is not a safe, supportive environment, that's an environment that's allowing people to openly attack others based on sexuality, the deepest part of yourself. That's cruel.
I think a bunch of people should be fired.
And someone earlier said,
MdDaniels said:
Who cares, the LGTB community or at least the vocal LGTB community have proven itself to be hugely fascist.

What the fuck? How is that an excuse for this kind of thing to take place in a school? How does fascism even relate?
It's raining. You're lost in space and the earth is your home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkrLmeeCrhY
Apr 21, 2015 3:04 PM

Nov 2009
Szefi said:
I just love how all these insightful and smart american commenters judge religious people and religion altogether, based on things happening in the US. Sure, if it happens in America, it must be the same in Europe! No, it must be the same everywhere! Religious people supporting gays don't even exist, it's just a lie by the bigots!
Majority of religious people in the US are okay with homosexuality. Way to bash others for generalizing using a generalization.
Apr 21, 2015 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
-shotz said:
sammario said:
It's retaliation to idiocy. Sure, idiots retaliating to idiots, but who can blame the idiots for retaliating for idiots.
what? i don't see any idiocy in having an anti-bullying day.

Not an anti-bullying day. A day of silence for LGBT. Why? It's pretty fucking stupid in my opinion. The second you start singling out groups saying that you should stop "bullying" them is the second you fuck up big time. I understand anti-bullying campaigns, they're not very effective but they do enough, I suppose. But when you start saying "stop being rude to the gays" or "stop being so rude to blacks", someones going to be offended. What if they were bullied by someone who was gay or black? They're going to be offended, because your basically saying they have to be nice to and respect someone they hate, which probably led to this.

This children are stupid, believe me, but when a school tells you you have to respect someone you may not like, something is screwed up. I myself wouldn't go to such lengths, but I'd be pretty pissed if something like that happened at my school, as I am both a catholic and have been previously bullied by a classmate who identified as gay. Sure, I won't do something as rude or rash as what they'd do, but I'd probably complain to the school about the actual importance of such a specific day.

TL;DR I understand anti-bullying campaigns, but when you target them at a certain group of people, you tear schools apart. It makes children feel like they're not allowed to have a dislike for that group, especially if they DO have a dislike or even hate of someone belonging to it. It also makes children of that group think they're somehow targeted, making them more paranoid and prone to mistrust. Bullying campaigns are already ineffective enough, but to do something so stupid as to target it towards a certain group is a mistake. It'll only generally make everything worse for everyone involved.
Apr 21, 2015 6:58 PM

Feb 2005
Well, they have gay parades and shit all over so why not this.
If people want to waste their time standing around with billboards and chanting slogans then let them, no sense discriminating between two different kinds of idiocy.
Apr 21, 2015 10:13 PM

Jul 2014
Baman said:
Well, they have gay parades and shit all over so why not this.
If people want to waste their time standing around with billboards and chanting slogans then let them, no sense discriminating between two different kinds of idiocy.

Uh, maybe it's because one of them just involves raising awareness about bullying while the other actually instigates harassment? It's fine to express whatever one thinks, but when it leads to violence then that is when everyone needs to quit. You really expect shit like Anti-Gay Day to end peacefully? No, it can't. Movements like these are always fueled by hate and nothing expresses hate better than violence and harassment.
Apr 21, 2015 10:21 PM

May 2014
As far as I'm concerned, this is perfectly fine as long as nobody's being targeted or victimized. Freedom of speech and all.

People are really intolerant of intolerance, and they feel self-righteous and justified while they slam other people's views. Kinda funny to me lol.
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Apr 21, 2015 10:30 PM

Jul 2014
Kenjataimu said:
As far as I'm concerned, this is perfectly fine as long as nobody's being targeted or victimized. Freedom of speech and all.

People are really intolerant of intolerance, and they feel self-righteous and justified while they slam other people's views. Kinda funny to me lol.

It is funny because people really did get targeted and victimized not to mention physical. That is, if you actually read the article.
Apr 21, 2015 10:34 PM

May 2014
I avoid huffpost sorry. don't get mad at me senpai
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Apr 21, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2014
Kenjataimu said:
I avoid huffpost sorry. don't get mad at me senpai
OU
Apr 21, 2015 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
BTW, I'm all for free speech and whatnot, but let's be logical about this.

Bullying in schools is a very real thing, it has affected numerous of students for decades.

This shit simply doesn't belong IN school....they want to do this elsewhere....fine by me.

But if they are actively being hostile towards a group of students, the administration has to come in and regulate.

Western Teenagers are already the scour of this planet, blood-sucking horrible creatures that only know how to do stupid shit and then want a pass for being the retards they are...I've got no problems coming down on them.

Until they are 18, they still MUST obey an authority figure....afterwards let them wander society on their own.
Apr 21, 2015 10:57 PM
Feb 2014
JustALEX said:

Bullying in schools is a very real thing, it has affected numerous of students for decades.

This shit simply doesn't belong IN school....they want to do this elsewhere....fine by me.

But if they are actively being hostile towards a group of students, the administration has to come in and regulate.

Western Teenagers are already the scour of this planet, blood-sucking horrible creatures that only know how to do stupid shit and then want a pass for being the retards they are...I've got no problems coming down on them.

Until they are 18, they still MUST obey an authority figure....afterwards let them wander society on their own.

I guess it's all right in my book to wear a "God Hates Fags" shirt, I mean, that's just freedom of expression right there. No harm in that, only those who are offended will be offended. That is where free speech is protected.

I'm not sure if I like the organized shit that went on though. That's just obstruction of administration if it's not in their agenda. If an administration enforces such things, why violate it? The church shouldn't have any say in public education at all either. Church and state aren't a thing together, this isn't Medieval Times.

I know I wasn't raised to do either though. I come from a far more conservative family as it is than most Western teens with crappy parents who don't raise them right.
AqutanApr 21, 2015 11:05 PM
Apr 22, 2015 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
JustALEX said:
I'm 99% positive these fuckers are christian.

Found this pic from one of the students of this school:

So yeah....dat Cross....I wonder what it means...hmm....

And here is even more damning evidence:

"Johnson said some of the students uploaded Bible verses to Instagram and tagged out gay classmates."

Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/mcguffey-high-anti-gay-day#.dcPDMRVlad

Gotta love christians man....especially AMERICAN Christians.

This is exactly what Jesus would do if here were around today....in fact Jesus would've gotten himself a gay kid or two and personally shoved him into a fucking locker!

--ALEX--Apr 22, 2015 1:35 AM
Apr 22, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2015
Pirating_Ninja said:
Szefi said:
I just love how all these insightful and smart american commenters judge religious people and religion altogether, based on things happening in the US. Sure, if it happens in America, it must be the same in Europe! No, it must be the same everywhere! Religious people supporting gays don't even exist, it's just a lie by the bigots!
Majority of religious people in the US are okay with homosexuality. Way to bash others for generalizing using a generalization.

Good job! I never ever said the Americans are not okay with homosexuality, but just make things up dude!
Apr 22, 2015 4:34 AM

Apr 2015
NicoIsPathetic said:
JustALEX said:

I guess it's all right in my book to wear a "God Hates Fags" shirt, I mean, that's just freedom of expression right there. No harm in that, only those who are offended will be offended. That is where free speech is protected.

I'm Curious, doesn't America have anti discrimination laws? If someone were to wear something like that in my country, there would be at least a huge outcry.

As for the news, that's pretty fucking sick. I don't get why people have to hate so much. Being anti-gay is one thing, but harming students who identify as LGBT is a whole other thing. Damn, I hope those brats realize at some point in their life that what they did is bad.
Apr 22, 2015 5:03 AM

Jan 2015
If you're going to shove polticial activism like Day of silence down people's throats or say making white children wear wristbands to remind them of privilege (yes that shit happens in murrica) you're going to provoke angry and possibly regrettable responses. Highschool classrooms are not the place for this kind of promotion or indeed any kind of ideological warfare regardless of the intent behind it. School teachers and admin are too often the product of their own indoctrination at university and so the ugly cycle passes from one generation to the next. Parents have the right to demand better for the education they (usually) pay for their kids to have.

Plus Huffpo is skewed crypto-communist bullshit at the best of times.
FahtahSenseiApr 22, 2015 5:06 AM
Apr 22, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2009
Szefi said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

Good job! I never ever said the Americans are not okay with homosexuality, but just make things up dude!
Given that not all "commentators judging religious people" were American (which, given the demographics of this site still wouldn't be saying a whole lot) it seems odd to single out ONLY American commentators. Furthermore, you do imply that Americans see religious people as being inherently intolerant of homosexuals based solely off of those they see around them, which would further imply the notion that those in America who are religious are intolerant. But the fact is that most religious people in America are not intolerant, and the vast majority of people in America are religious (although the religion does vary), seems to make the notion silly at best. So if your statement was not generalizing Americans as being people who generalize religious philosophies, then what were you saying? It seems no point was made, or rather, you adding "American" to the sentence made no sense. It had nothing to do with anything you said if this was not your original purpose.
Apr 22, 2015 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
Pirating_Ninja said:
Szefi said:

Given that not all "commentators judging religious people" were American (which, given the demographics of this site still wouldn't be saying a whole lot) it seems odd to single out ONLY American commentators. Furthermore, you do imply that Americans see religious people as being inherently intolerant of homosexuals based solely off of those they see around them, which would further imply the notion that those in America who are religious are intolerant. But the fact is that most religious people in America are not intolerant, and the vast majority of people in America are religious (although the religion does vary), seems to make the notion silly at best. So if your statement was not generalizing Americans as being people who generalize religious philosophies, then what were you saying? It seems no point was made, or rather, you adding "American" to the sentence made no sense. It had nothing to do with anything you said if this was not your original purpose.

I would have guessed if they commented on an article about the US, and they talk about it like they are American, then they are in fact Americans. And I never said anything about religious people in America. All I was trying to say is that the *very likely* American commenters all said that it's the religion's fault and they talked like it happens everywhere, not just in the US.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.