Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (25) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Feb 21, 8:46 AM

Half_Bl00d said:
I'd just like to confirm you that there will not be a drama achievement. I was suggested multiple times before and rejected.

Oh *cries* Why not? What about Fantasy one? Out of question too? I was basically trying to base myself on genres that MAL recognizes, thought that would make the process of creating achievements easier. But no idea how it works tbh

Wannabiteme said:
What about achievement for animes without happy ending (e.g no clannad after story thing)?I guess no. :D

That would spoil too much too, I guess. I could see someone else's list and be like "Oh, so the ending of X anime is sad? Goddammit".

Feb 21, 8:52 AM

@MaahHeim:
DENIED:
- Achievements based on the following genres and themes:
Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Shounen/Shoujo/Seinen/Josei, Supernatural.
Reason: too present and numerous, does not feel like an achievement.
There will be multiple new achievements in the future. Overgeneric things like these do not deserve an achievement.

Feb 21, 9:00 AM

Half_Bl00d said:
@MaahHeim:
DENIED:
Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Shounen/Shoujo/Seinen/Josei, Supernatural.
There will be multiple new achievements in the future. Overgeneric things like these do not deserve an achievement.

Oooh, thank you very much.

Feb 21, 2:09 PM
Half_Bl00d said:
@MaahHeim:
DENIED:

59 Josei anime
MaahHeim said:
Half_Bl00d said:
I'd just like to confirm you that there will not be a drama achievement. I was suggested multiple times before and rejected.

Oh *cries* Why not? What about Fantasy one? Out of question too? I was basically trying to base myself on genres that MAL recognizes, thought that would make the process of creating achievements easier. But no idea how it works tbh

Wannabiteme said:
What about achievement for animes without happy ending (e.g no
thing)?I guess no. :D

That would spoil too much too, I guess. I could see someone else's list and be like "Oh, so the ending of X anime is sad? Goddammit".

What about something in the middle (between sad and happy)? E.g. 5cm/s ?

Feb 21, 2:11 PM

@Wannabiteme: that is going beyond vague and into the territory of what.
I believe that we already confirmed that such absurd things will not be approved.
Modified by Half_Bl00d, Feb 21, 2:14 PM

Feb 21, 3:27 PM
Half_Bl00d said:
@Wannabiteme: that is going beyond vague and into the territory of what.
I believe that we already confirmed that such absurd things will not be approved.

Is this really that vague? One anime that we have both watched: plastic memories. Is this bad or good ending? I think it's in between. 5cm/s has something like this too (afair).
Sure, I don't know if there is enough titles for a new achievement but I don't think it's vague.

Feb 21, 3:38 PM

@Wannabiteme: Yes it is. Firstly, that is just a purely subjective view, and many people will have many differing opinions. Secondly, and I quote myself here, anything that has such a vague theme and/or would require a custom list to be created is also rejected. Please. Just stop with absurd ideas. We're trying here to make as much new content as possible, content that will have some meaning and purpose, and is not just something purely subjective that will also require an enormous amount of discussion and work for every single possible entry. Please. Also, for that specific suggestion, I am fully certain that over 90% of titles within that theme would fall under drama, which would, by default, make it a drama achievement, which defeats the purpose for such an unreliable definition, and is also rejected anyway.
Modified by Half_Bl00d, Feb 21, 3:41 PM

Feb 21, 3:45 PM

trigger_death said:
One thing I've always wanted on MALGraph is a way to keep track of achievements you haven't earned yet. Some achievements are easy enough to figure out since they're a genre but when it comes to things like Magical Girl and GAR (And Mecha with the title additions) it's hard to keep count of how close you are to achieving it.

Maybe add a button in the achievements page to show the progress bars with faded images of the relevant achievements you're missing.

Bumping this suggestion. I was just thinking how nice it would be to be able to do this yesterday.

Feb 21, 5:02 PM

What about an achievement about studios? Like, "watched all anime made by studio X" or "watched 80% of anime made by studio Y". And I don't mean like creating one achievement for KyoAni and other for Madhouse, but like if I watched all anime from Madhouse or Pierrot I get this achievement. Something like that?

Feb 21, 5:14 PM
@Half_Bl00d I see, i see
btw. why "pervert achievement" has full bar even tought I have ~~40%? It should be, in my case, be ~4/10 full

Feb 21, 9:54 PM
Is there a reason there isn't a psychological achievement for mangas yet? There are enough titles now, about 990 I believe.

Feb 22, 2:20 AM

@TripleSRank:
1. There is no need to bump any suggestions. We already archive every suggestion made in the thread, so we know that it exists and repeating it will have no effect.

@MaahHeim:
2. The studio achievements were suggested a lot of times in the past, and those are also rejected. End of discussion.

@Wannabiteme:
3. That thing about the pervert bar was pointed out already in the past and has been archived for fixing, again no need to bump it.

@ EVERYONE:
Almost anything you can think of suggesting has already been suggested in the past, and we are aware of it. Soon we will make a separate thread which will compile all the suggestions from the entirety of this thread, so please, when it's available, read it first before suggesting anything.

Feb 22, 5:24 AM
A manga achievement for the gender bender genre.

It's pretty specific and doesn't have an Insufficient amount of material (1,158 total) nor does it have too many titles.

Feb 22, 5:28 AM

@NeedSomeLogic: While I'm personally not immediately against it, the chances of having that accepted are very slim, also, a quick search showed that about half of them also fall under hentai, which further lowers the chances of having it. We will discuss it, and add it to the main list after that.
Modified by Half_Bl00d, Feb 22, 5:39 AM

Feb 22, 6:36 AM
Half_Bl00d said:
@NeedSomeLogic: While I'm personally not immediately against it, the chances of having that accepted are very slim.

Could you tell me why? It's a genre just like horror, thriller etc.

Half_Bl00d said:
a quick search showed that about half of them also fall under hentai, which further lowers the chances of having it.

There are 706 titles that aren't hentai that is a lot.
There are also about 700 titles with either the vampire and/or the demon genre that aren't hentai so thats about the same.

And it's not like it's just the case with that achievement, achievements like shoujo ai + yuri only have a total of 600 titles without hentai.

The manga version that recently got added of the mahou shoujo achievement only has about 160 titles so I don't see why it's a problem with a genre that has 4 times the amount of titles (without hentai)

Not to mention that I don't really see the problem with the whole hentai thing to begin with since this isn't limited to just the gender bender genre and there are still plenty of non-hentai titles.

The database is also of course growing and growing as we speak, so if you think that it's still on the low side then that might not be the case within time. Kind of like buying a bigger shoe, because you know that you'll grow into it.

tl;dr : I don't think that the whole hentai argument is really justified and I don't really understand why the chances are slim to begin with.

Thank you for considering my suggestion anyway.

Feb 23, 6:33 PM
I recently reached 10.000 Manga chapters and was wondering why there isn't an achievement for chapters and episodes watched, since for me it's a bit different from completed ones.

Just wanted to ask if there's a reason or not :)

(And for names maybe something like "I killed so many trees" or "the pictures start moving" or something more creative.. I haven't really thought about name titles, sorry)

Feb 23, 10:39 PM

@Tpfang56: You ought to thoroughly read this thread just to see why your post was deleted. This is the only warning since it's the first case, other such posts will be deleted without notice, as mentioned in the thread.

@Leijin: Same as above. Third achievement for the same thing is an overkill. Besides, 10k chapters is not that much at all, even I, who barely reads any manga, have almost 5k.
Modified by Half_Bl00d, Feb 23, 10:49 PM

Feb 24, 1:30 AM
@Half_Bl00d: I don't quite get whiy it's the third, but anyway. Thanks for your reply and sorry for wasting your time :)

Feb 24, 1:49 AM

@Leijin: there is already one for entry count and there will be one for time, as described in the thread I linked above. There is no need to count episodes/chapters separately.

Feb 24, 2:01 AM
@Half_Bl00d : Ah, I understand. Thank you!

Feb 24, 2:59 AM

@Leijin: you're welcome. From now on, the compilation thread will be updated regularly, so be sure to check it out before suggesting anything. :)

Feb 24, 3:13 AM
@Half_Bl00d: Yes I will! Thank you for your awesome work with mal.graph btw :)

Feb 27, 9:57 AM
よろしく

@Half_Bl00d, appreciate the suggestion archive thread, it helps a lot. You might want to add in why the ghibli achievement is there (carry over from original site) in the explanation of why achievements for studios is denied. Just to keep people from reading the reason and saying "but ghibli!!!!".

I notice there really aren't any suggestions there for dealing with the stats and numbers in general (only one mentions the graphs). Are these impossible to implement or has no one really requested that stuff? I love GA+ for the data collection, so I'd like to see more use of the data sets. I'll try to think of some examples of charts the site could make/use if that kind of stuff is possible to implement.

Feb 27, 10:22 AM

@AholePony: Sure, post whatever you think of here, and we'll discuss it.

Feb 28, 2:30 AM

A quick suggestion about the missing titles section. There currently is an icon for not yet aired and plan to watch, how about adding in an icon for on hold, watching and dropped shows as well?

Feb 28, 2:53 AM

@CorruptFlame: that is a good idea, I'll add it to the list.

Feb 28, 7:05 AM

How about adding yuri and yaoi to the Pervert achievement since both of these genres contain sex and often graphic sex?
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's fraideii I'm in love

Feb 28, 7:06 AM

@fraideii: given that both of those genres contain Hentai as a genre too, they already count toward the Pervert achievement.

Feb 28, 9:35 AM

Half_Bl00d said:
@fraideii: given that both of those genres contain Hentai as a genre too, they already count toward the Pervert achievement.

While that is a fair point, very few of yuri and yaoi titles (at least manga) are also hentai, for example, I checked and 3.9% of all yaoi (manga) is also listed under hentai. I'm not trying to be impossible, I just don't fully agree with that argument, especially since there are a number of ecchi+hentai titles (once again manga)

Mar 1, 8:19 AM

fraideii said:
While that is a fair point, very few of yuri and yaoi titles (at least manga) are also hentai, for example, I checked and 3.9% of all yaoi (manga) is also listed under hentai. I'm not trying to be impossible, I just don't fully agree with that argument, especially since there are a number of ecchi+hentai titles (once again manga)
Lmao a fujoshi is butthurt because her yaoi doesn't give her pervert status. XD

Mar 1, 8:27 AM

Nekomimi_Megane said:
fraideii said:
Lmao a fujoshi is butthurt because her yaoi doesn't give her pervert status. XD

I was indeed very butthurt but it feels much better now that a lolicon has acknowledged my pain ^3^ <3 *chuuu*

Mar 1, 8:31 AM

@fraideii: You're welcome~ always glad to make your butt feel good. ^w^
Modified by Nekomimi_Megane, Mar 1, 10:50 AM

Mar 1, 9:21 AM

@fraideii @Nekomimi_Megane Please no fighting in the threads.

Mar 1, 10:38 AM
よろしく

Ok I've generated some ideas for playing with data more on GA+. I only did some brain storming on this so some of these ideas might not be that great :)

I'm hoping this might start a little discussion on the current graphs and lists in GA+ as some could be in better formats (for instance I don't think a pie chart is the best format for the "Favorites types" graph). I also think it's odd that the ratings page doesn't have a rating by year graph but that can instead be found on the "Favorites" page.

I also would LOVE to see more flexibility in graph styles. It would be awesome to have Pie/Bar/Line tabs on the pages with graphs and you could view them in any of those of your choosing.

As for new graphs and lists, I tried to think of all the data points we have at our disposal. Please chime in if there's more than I could think up!

The data we have is: Genre, Studios, Year aired/released, our ratings, MAL "Type", source (LN, manga, etc.), producers, material rating (PG, R+, etc.), and the data found on the MAL stats tab.

So some charts or lists I'd like to see:

1) More data that compares us to the MAL community. this would pull a lot from the MAL stats tab. The only thing currently in GA+ that compares us to others is the rating difference on the "Anime List" page. You could add columns here so it would read left-to-right: Title -> Rating -> Difference -> Total users completed -> users dropped -> etc. etc.

Also, it would be nice to have a chart/graph that compares some things on our favorites pages. Something like adding columns to the Favorite genre and studios lists that have a % of other MAL users. For example: #1 Drama (C/M/W/Time) then "% of other MAL users that have drama as #1" or some percentile/weighted/popularity score related to that. Same would go for studios, I think it would be neat to quantify how well liked, by scores, Sunrise studio is across the whole community or at least those registered into GA+ for example.

2) More data with Time as a variable. For example; how I rate Dramas over time (this would have to be based on start/complete dates so if that can't be done I'd understand). But we could also have how we rate genre by year aired/released. You could see that you liked older drama series over newer as an example. You could also do this with studios, types, sources, etc. etc.

3) I'd like more flexibility on the History page of GA+. I've been using MAL regularly for 5 years now so there's solid data of Completed by Year (not just month), or recent history to extend beyond 3 weeks (looks like MAL only keeps 3 weeks though). Or a graph showing completed by month spanned over the past year+. Or average episodes/entries/completed per day/month/year.

That's all I have for now!
Modified by AholePony, Mar 1, 10:41 AM

Mar 2, 6:21 PM

I'm just curious, is there any reason that 80s and 90s anime are under one achievement (classics) instead of having separate achievements for each decade?
Reinhard von Lohengramm deserves the universe
Anime List | Ratings | Tumblr

Mar 3, 1:25 AM

@Tpfang56: Because there is absolutely no need to have them separated. Two achievements for the same thing is an overkill, and would just unnecessarily clog the page.

Mar 3, 3:20 PM

Tpfang56 said:
I'm just curious, is there any reason that 80s and 90s anime are under one achievement (classics) instead of having separate achievements for each decade?
There's an achievement for really old anime (before the 80s) and not there's an achievement for old anime (80s and 90s). Considering the amount of anime released in those two decades and their similarities there isn't any point in separating them.

Mar 4, 8:32 PM

NeedSomeLogic said:

It's pretty specific and doesn't have an Insufficient amount of material (1,158 total) nor does it have too many titles.
A tier could be like "did you just assume my gender"

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry

Mar 5, 12:04 AM

Inuchiyo said:
NeedSomeLogic said:

A tier could be like "did you just assume my gender"
Already rejected. Check the master list before posting.

Mar 5, 10:50 PM

Maybe I'm asking too much but since there is a GAR achievement can we get a MOE one too? And like with the GAR achievement people can nominate animes for that category.

Edit: also maybe a bizarre or parody achievement?
Modified by Ruu, Mar 5, 10:53 PM

Mar 6, 3:31 AM

@Ruu: No.

Mar 6, 7:58 AM

wow not even an explanation? well... you are the bosses so...

Mar 6, 8:10 AM

Mar 6, 8:14 AM

thanks I had read the thread before making the suggestion but apparently I missed those. My bad.

Mar 6, 8:27 AM

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ ALL THE SHIT IN THIS THREAD BEFORE SUGGESTING ANYTHING.

emperatrix // you can call me god.
{ sporadic list updates & online presence are my forte. }
evil half of an awesome team.
malgraph: make a suggestion // ask a question.

Mar 7, 11:26 AM

Mahou Shoujo Lalabel and Zetsumetsu Kigu Shoujo: Amazing Twins should be added to the mahou shoujo achievement list

Mar 7, 11:36 AM

Mar 22, 4:52 PM
Can we get an achievement for watching Gender-Bender anime?

Mar 22, 5:18 PM
@CameronM @EMPERATRIX is gonna abduct you ;)

Mar 23, 3:28 AM

Not gonna lie, you deserve it.

Pages (25) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 »