Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2015 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
NeinGesicht said:
I agree, we should have more Manga achievements. Like stated earlier by Ryuma00 and abystoma2, why not add the GAR, historical, hentai/ecchi, and slice of life as achievements for Manga?

Also what is the current scale you are using for the hentai/ecchi achievement is it:

100 / completed * (ecchi * 2 + hentai * 4)

or

100 / completed * (ecchi + hentai * 2)

or something else? I think times hentai by 4 and ecchi by 2 is a little overkill.

From what I understood it's the first one, and it doesn't feel like an overkill, for starters not everyone watches hentai, and to tip the scale over for some users with a determined amount of ecchis seems fairly accurate for an achievement.
For the regular "cross over" user it should leave him near a 20 to 30% and people who watch a lot of anime could be cropped from the achievement if not done so.
Apr 25, 2015 12:08 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
EvenJellyOn said:
Rumiko Takahashi would also be a good idea for a achievement like that.

Not particularly, and I say that as a Takahashi fan. She only has a little over twenty different series in the database. She's more well known because of having several very well known long-running series - Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, etc. It's those few long-runners that most Takahashi fans are most likely to have read anyway.

To single out a single mangaka's work as worthy of an achievement should one read enough of it, it's better to look specifically at mangaka who are both legendary and prolific, otherwise the standards are so broad you wind up with a long list of different mangaka to consider. Tezuka's work goes back to at least the 40s, covers up through his death decades later, and, as mentioned before, features over a hundred different individual works. There aren't many other mangaka who stand out to such a degree.
Apr 25, 2015 2:25 AM

Aug 2012
I made a thing for the Mysterie Achievement, seeing as you still need a few titles and descriptions for that. Maybe I'll find a better image but for now this is it.

http://abload.de/img/mysterie1ttsb6.png
Title: Golden Truth
Description: The truth was never made to aid you or to be in your favor, but you were made to uncover it regardless.
Apr 25, 2015 2:56 AM

Nov 2013
FunnyGames said:

Then how about one achievement that checks if you have watched 50 popular anime?

Well, if you mean top 50 popular, you currently not complete them, as there are anime still airing, Naruto Shippuden for example. And as I said, these are mostly meainstream anime that almost everyone watched already, therefore not achievement worthy.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 25, 2015 5:38 AM

Feb 2010
Jakly said:
Maybe yuri and yaoi too.

I would like to see yuri too (I don't care about yaoi ^_^ ... it's the same as fujoshi title, I guess)
And yuri as adult stuffs (Sono hanabira...) and not adult stuffs (manga Girlfriends - only one +18 scene; Sakura Trick - only kissing).
It would be nice if there were 3 categories:
- straight/hetero stuffs/male<->female
- yuri/homosexual woman
- yaoi/homosexual man
= and maybe something betweeen: Intersex. For example manga http://myanimelist.net/manga/3993/IS:_Otoko_demo_Onna_demo_nai_Sei but I don't know how many manga/anime are there.

Kyuss said:
More achievements sounds delicious.

I love them too!

gardevoir7 said:
Since you're giving achievements for Boku no Pico there should be an achievement for the brave souls that managed to sit through Mars of Destruction.

There is probably more animes/mangas like this, right? Why don't we make a list of 10-50 that are the *worst*? Then we can add some levels, like:
1. Curious type
2. ...
3. Weird guy

As for comedy:
There are a lot of comedies but at most 50 that are GREAT. Maybe we can vote for the best *50*?

What about anime+manga achievements? For example you have read 20 yuri mangas + 30 yuri animes. It gives you "I love yuri" achievements.

ps. @Deividas can you edit a first post and can you post list of suggestions there? Maybe this thread should contain only suggestion. Each suggestion should have separate topic. I think it would be better.
Apr 25, 2015 6:55 AM

Aug 2009
Could you add a shoujo tag here?
Apr 25, 2015 7:02 AM

Jul 2013
nekomimibadik said:
Could you add a shoujo tag here?

I would like to see this as well (shoujo, josei, shounen and seinen)
However do keep in mind that they were initially removed because they aren't actually genres but demographics.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 25, 2015 7:02 AM

Nov 2013
Lwaxana said:
Is it an idea to make fujoshi achievements? :3
I wouldn't mind to help making them ^^

Or maybe adding points for yuri/yaoi anime for the pervert achievement count? 1 point per yuri/yaoi anime.

Apr 25, 2015 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
@abystoma2 I don't really think that belongs to the same category... idk I just really want yaoi achievements, so I'll make some~ XD
I could make yuri achievements... but I never read/watched any so I don't really know much about it, could someone make the levels? I'll make graphics for them~ c:
Apr 25, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2013
Lwaxana said:
@abystoma2 I don't really think that belongs to the same category... idk I just really want yaoi achievements, so I'll make some~ XD
I could make yuri achievements... but I never read/watched any so I don't really know much about it, could someone make the levels? I'll make graphics for them~ c:

I think combining yuri and yaio to one achievement would be better idea, so everyone could watch the side they prefer.

Apr 25, 2015 10:23 AM

Jul 2013
I definitely agree that we need more than just ecchi and hentai for that achievement as nowhere near all of them are listed as ecchi or hentai. MAL seems to have a problem with an anime having both the hentai and the yuri/yaoi genres after all.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 25, 2015 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
It's very sumbur in my head but you could add achievement like FapMaster or FapHero for 1000 hentais watched.

You could use those pictures

Apr 25, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2012
Crackmore said:
It would be nice to have a way of checking progress for genre achievemenets before getting first level, for most of them it's not that much work to check number of anime with tag in favourites and substract all anime dropped, watching or on hold from it , then checking the github files which anime i completed also count, but with GAR and mahou shoujo it's a pain to rummage through the whole giant list to see which ones count multiple times ( i do this for friends to because i love playing around with stats like this )

I second that!

Indrug said:
Actually it would be good idea to add opposite achievement like that. Watchin the WORSE anime.

Would be nice to see the Mind=Blown achievement for that one.

Like MalGraph intended to use for watching Mars of Destruction (scored 2,52 by 12699 users), but sadly enough never did.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
"If people get upset because of my level of English they are an evil person who probably tortures kittens in their spare time!"
Apr 25, 2015 1:06 PM
May 2010
Mars of Destruction isn't that hard to watch as BnP.
But it would be nice to get "Garbage collector" achievment for watching bad chinese cartoons.
Here is example list:
Pupa
Shitcom
Legend of Duo
Diabolik Lovers
Holy Night
Vampire Holmes
Kuroshitsuji II
Ookami Kakushi
Elfen Lied
MD Geist
Mars of Destruction
Apr 25, 2015 1:46 PM

Aug 2009
Poor_Taste said:
"Garbage collector"
Shitcom
Elfen Lied

You should be banned at MAL
Apr 25, 2015 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
Poor_Taste said:
Mars of Destruction isn't that hard to watch as BnP.
But it would be nice to get "Garbage collector" achievment for watching bad chinese cartoons.

Speaking of chinese cartoons, how about an achievement for watching chinese and korean anime? With list made similar to mahou-shoujo/GAR and these clubs´s related anime as an source of anime to add to said list: Chinese Anime and Korean Anime

Apr 25, 2015 2:51 PM

Feb 2010
abystoma2 said:
Lwaxana said:

I think combining yuri and yaio to one achievement would be better idea, so everyone could watch the side they prefer.

I prefer that one achievements means one thing. You should be able to compare with other mal users.
If two users (first yaoi- second yuri- fan) gets the same achievements that would be weird. They would compare each other "achievement's list" and something different (even scary).

@Lwaxana, Maybe I will try with "yuri levels" (although I'm yuri beginner)
Apr 25, 2015 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
Wannabiteme said:
@Lwaxana, Maybe I will try with "yuri levels" (although I'm yuri beginner)

One level (the first probably) could be named "But that´s forbidden love." with picture like this:

Apr 25, 2015 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
Hello.
I propose to rename the achievement Completionist in "not respecting even yourself" or short in Russian - govnoed. I also propose to introduce a number of achievement dropped. And sorry for my super english.
Apr 25, 2015 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
Skipchmosha said:
Hello.
I propose to rename the achievement Completionist in "not respecting even yourself" or short in Russian - govnoed. I also propose to introduce a number of achievement dropped. And sorry for my super english.

I dunno about achievement for dropping anime, as these should encourage you to watch more rather than drop them. I think the no drop achievement they have currently works perfectly for this.
Apr 25, 2015 5:13 PM

Aug 2011
A bug in "Long runner" with missing titles. Dunno how many are there but just from my list there are 2, Kuroko no Basket and Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
TAK3Z0Apr 25, 2015 5:28 PM
Apr 25, 2015 5:24 PM

Feb 2010
Deividas said:
Narushisto20 said:
Growing suspicions

I'll use this for level 1. #1 for level 2. Good images and titles. Can you/someone think of more descriptions?

Love this as a level 1 idea.

Possible description: You have real talent as a detective and it's already showing, but you still need a lot more experience

Hanimir said:
I made a thing for the Mysterie Achievement, seeing as you still need a few titles and descriptions for that. Maybe I'll find a better image but for now this is it.

http://abload.de/img/mysterie1ttsb6.png
Title: Golden Truth
Description: The truth was never made to aid you or to be in your favor, but you were made to uncover it regardless.

This idea isn't bad at all, though I'd change the description to something like "You can solve any locked room mystery by now. The path to the Golden Land has already been revealed to you"

Might work better for a level 3, but it could also work for a level 2

For the other level (2 or 3), I'd definitely use a Conan image, as there is no such image in manga achievemnts either with Conan being kind of a symbol of the mystery genre, and definitely the best known detective in the anime world.

Maybe something like this could work as an image:

Or this:

Level X: Genius Detective: You're already a genius at unraveling mysteries. You solve cases almost every day... but sometimes you have to wonder how is it possible that everywhere you go someone ends up dead.

For the final level, again, it would have to be one of those with black background and a simple pick or symbol at the center (can't think of anything right now besides what's already been used for the manga achievement). A possible title could be:

Mastermind: No one is better than you. You can catch the Black Organization, Lupin III, Kira and Johan in one day and still be on time for dinner. You're always one step ahead of the criminal.

Or:

Mastermind: You're already the best. You're so good that you catch the criminals before they even have a chance to commit the crime.

EDIT: Fixed the images
Akai_ShuichiApr 25, 2015 5:56 PM

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Apr 25, 2015 9:08 PM

Nov 2014
nekomimibadik said:
Poor_Taste said:
"Garbage collector"
Elfen Lied

+1

Apr 25, 2015 11:09 PM

Aug 2013
nekomimibadik said:
Poor_Taste said:
"Garbage collector"
Shitcom
Elfen Lied

He is right, Elfen Lied sucks
Apr 26, 2015 12:07 AM
Apr 2012
>Mystery (add cool title here)

Okay. I have an idea. (in ** there are titles for examples of the anime pictures. Sorry, no skills in photoshop, just give an example of pictures) (((

Level 1 *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni* or *Darker than Black*
Can't understand, but do your best!
Mystery is very difficult thing for you. Just think more about it!

Level 2 *Mononoke*
So many strange things around
What? You say that can see some yokai around us? You've gotta be kidding!

Level 3 one of the Satoshi Kon's work, for example, Paprika or *Mousou Dairinin*
Do puzzles is like a piece of cake!
You're too invisible for this world! Maybe you are just our illusion?

Level 4 *Lain*
Mystery is your first name!
Mystic is your real life!Congratulations!
Apr 26, 2015 12:29 AM

Oct 2013
I have a question

What does the pervert achievment stand for?

And suggestions

More manga achievments, Drama would be nice

Also, stats showing favorite magazines for manga would be cool

thxkbye
Apr 26, 2015 12:43 AM

Mar 2012
Akai_Shuichi said:

My original #3 and 4:

3. There is only one truth
http://i.imgur.com/tL4rplA.png

All of the truth will be exposed, no matter how shocking it may be.

4. Great detective
http://i.imgur.com/m0VY7IW.png

No impossible crimes and locked rooms can stop you from finding the answer now.

Here are already made icons with Conan and Umineko on black background traditionally used for MAX level, they're useful too, anyone can change the descriptions, though I don't think they're bad as they're are.
Apr 26, 2015 12:44 AM

Oct 2013
abystoma2 said:
I have something for the dementia genre. Maybe someone with photoshop skills could edit them into the same format other achievement images? With the MAX level having black background and stuff?
(And somebody check the gramatical correctness, I´m not a native speaker.)

Lvl 1
Title: What exactly did I just watch?
Text: You discovered a whole new world of weird. Keep on watching.
Img:

Lvl 2
Title: My mind is full of fuck
Text: Your attempt to wrap your mind around this failed completly.
Img:

Lvl 3
Title: Is this real life? Is this just fantasy?
Text: It has become hard to distinguish between reality and fiction.
Img:

Lvl MAX
Title: 「 Wired Sound 」
Text: Watched one too many dementia anime. You transcended humanity and operate on another level now.
Img:

Seconding this

But Kago should be the last one (cause he's the best)
Apr 26, 2015 2:21 AM

Nov 2013
UnoPuntoCinco said:

But Kago should be the last one (cause he's the best)

The order is not really based on what is best but on what fits the description. But I do agree Kago is pretty based.

Apr 26, 2015 2:57 AM

Jan 2013
Just leaving these here in case they're useful to anyone.

Apr 26, 2015 2:59 AM

Aug 2012
Narushisto20 said:
-

I just realized after looking through some CG's that Level 4 was already from Umineko. I'm sorry to have wronged you good sir.
Apr 26, 2015 4:05 AM

Nov 2013
Lolicon4Life said:
Just leaving these here in case they're useful to anyone.

Ok, now we REALLY need dementia achievement so we can have this.

Apr 26, 2015 6:55 AM

Feb 2014
a 1980s or 1990s achievement would be nice to

but as there are more animes in that decades than in VHS masterrace, the number of finished animes to get this achievement has to be way higher

(some users are only watching new or airing stuff, but hey: the 80s and 90s had great animes too)
Apr 26, 2015 8:07 AM

Feb 2010
Narushisto20 said:

Didn't see your post before, sorry.

I actually love the Umineko pic for a level 4, and the Conan one is pretty good also.

As text, I'd still go with the title suggested by Hanimir (Golden Truth) and with my description though, maybe changing "locked room mystery" for just "mystery", as it would now be a level 4 achievement. It would end up being:

4. Golden Truth

You can solve any mystery by now. The path to the Golden Land has already been revealed to you.

For the Conan one, "There is only one truth" is definitely a good title and the image is pretty good too... if anything, my "concern" here would be is that it's kind of "too strong", it feels like the "one truth" thing is almost more according to a level 4 than a level 3. I actually thought about the same title before, but didn't use it because of that, and ended up going with "Genius Detective" as title and this as a description:

"Genius Detective: You're already a genius at unraveling mysteries. You solve cases almost every day... but sometimes you have to wonder how is it possible that everywhere you go someone ends up dead."

Also, with your image and title and my description, we would have a level 1 finished already:

1. Growing suspicions

You have real talent as a detective and it's already showing, but you still need a lot more experience

And that would leave number 2 missing. I now saw your post and seems that you used Hyouka, but I would refrain from that as there is already a Hyouka image for manga. What I would recommend using for level 2 is a Kindaichi image, or maybe a Higurashi one.

RocketsSnorlax said:

but as there are more animes in that decades than in VHS masterrace, the number of finished animes to get this achievement has to be way higher

(some users are only watching new or airing stuff, but hey: the 80s and 90s had great animes too)

I love this idea also. It'd be nice to encourage people to watch stuff from the 80s and 90s... there's a lot of anime there, so those could actually even work with levels.

Apr 26, 2015 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
Akai_Shuichi said:

I love your descriptions, especially the Conan one.

I changed #2 Hyouka for L since it was used in the manga and Devidas suggested changing places of #1 and 2, so here's my old #1 that became #2:

2. Detective's assistant

Now it's your business to know what other people don't know too.

Kindaichi was a good idea too, but I thought it would have the same color theme as Conan, and a Neuro badge seems to fit the mystery theme more than Higurashi, and I think using some less known mystery anime isn't bad. It would be great to use Higurashi if there would be a horror anime achievement though.

So, if we leave the description for #2 as it is (though I don't mind it being changed) we have:

1. Growing suspicions
http://i.imgur.com/GnVqLQU.png

You have real talent as a detective and it's already showing, but you still need a lot more experience

2. Detective's assistant
http://i.imgur.com/bIlnY3K.png

Now it's your business to know what other people don't know too.

3. Genius Detective:
http://i.imgur.com/PJt8cir.png

You're already a genius at unraveling mysteries. You solve cases almost every day... but sometimes you have to wonder how is it possible that everywhere you go someone ends up dead.

4. Golden Truth
http://i.imgur.com/Qlh96Wt.png

You can solve any mystery by now. The path to the Golden Land has already been revealed to you.
NarushistoApr 26, 2015 1:44 PM
Apr 26, 2015 8:48 AM

Feb 2010
Well, I think that looks pretty good, though after watching it like that, I'm starting to think my Conan description might be a little bit too long. If it's fine, I'd leave it just like it is right now, but if it is indeed too long, I'd use:

"You're already a genius at unraveling mysteries... but sometimes you have to wonder how is it possible that everywhere you go someone ends up dead."

If it needs to be even shorter than that, then it'd be something like:

"You're already a genius at unraveling mysteries... but how is it possible that everywhere you go someone ends up dead?"

Apr 26, 2015 8:57 AM

Mar 2012
Akai_Shuichi said:

I think it's good that the description's a little long, there are a lot of longer ones - it just has to be good and it is.
Apr 26, 2015 9:03 AM

Feb 2010
Well, if the length is indeed okay, then I have no problems with leaving it just like you posted before (though, of course, this is really Deividas's decision to make).

Apr 26, 2015 9:07 AM

Jan 2013
Looks good overall, but this is a little closer to the other max levels:

and for anyone who wants to make more:
Apr 26, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2013
RocketsSnorlax said:

Actually, I would split the pre-1980 achievement to pre-1960 and 1961-1980 with the first one named something like "Monochrome master race" and the second one keeping the "VHS master race" title. Also, I would change to minimum required anime number, as it´s now it´s the easies achivemenent of all.

Apr 26, 2015 10:02 AM

Mar 2012
Lolicon4Life said:

Thanks for pointing out the gradient is shifted to one side, didn't notice that. But I changed it myself - your version doesn't have transparent angles. Changed the borders to the same style as other achievements too and working on the previous three.
Apr 26, 2015 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
Narushisto20 said:
Lolicon4Life said:

Thanks for pointing out the gradient is shifted to one side, didn't notice that. But I changed it myself - your version doesn't have transparent angles. Changed the borders to the same style as other achievements too and working on the previous three.

The existing ones don't have transparent angles either, I used them as the base; not that it makes a difference.

edit: I take that back. Seems it was just the one I used as a base that didn't have transparency.
Eri_ViApr 26, 2015 10:15 AM
Apr 26, 2015 10:24 AM

Mar 2012
Lolicon4Life said:
That's was because you used the animated one, those can't be transparent where you want. Still thanks for pointing out and making me change the borders.
Apr 26, 2015 10:42 AM

Nov 2013
I went and made my suggested dementia achievement pictures into a proper achievement format (I hope), stealing the one based Lolicon4Life made on the way.

Level 1
Title: What exactly did I just watch?
Text: You discovered a whole new world of weird. Keep on watching.

Level 2
Title: My mind is full of fuck
Text: Your attempt to wrap your mind around this failed completly.

Level 3
Title: Is this real life? Is this just fantasy?
Text: It has become hard to distinguish between reality and fiction.

Level MAX
Title: 「 Wired Sound 」
Text: Watched one too many dementia anime. You transcended humanity and operate on another level now.

Well doesn´t it look all nice and pretty? We can have dementia achievement now, right? Right?
abystoma2Apr 27, 2015 6:22 AM

Apr 26, 2015 10:58 AM

Jul 2009
Lolicon4Life said:
and for anyone who wants to make more: (image)

Here are the actual templates I used for MALgraph achievements:
http://oko.im/files/mg-achievement-templates.zip
Apr 26, 2015 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
yaoi
lvl 1 : Interested in some BL?

Boy x boy isn't half bad...

lvl 2 : Shipping 24/7

Ships! Ships everywhere!

lvl 3 : Can't stop reading
>don't have a good picture, anyone?<
Uke? Seme? Seke?! What will it be this time?

lvl 4 : Full Fledged Fujoshi
>I don't really like this one.. anyone better ideas?<
Yaoi is love, yaoi is life.

yuri
lvl 1 : But that´s forbidden love.

Cute girls doing cute things.. right?
Apr 26, 2015 2:26 PM

Feb 2010
Lwaxana said:
yaoi

Ships! Ships everywhere!

yuri

As for lvl 4, maybe she: http://myanimelist.net/character/41465/Sena_Akagi can help? This is one of the screen shots from Ore no imouto ... (I think the most screen time she had in http://myanimelist.net/anime/10020/Ore_no_Imouto_ga_Konnani_Kawaii_Wake_ga_Nai_Specials ):
Apr 26, 2015 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
Wannabiteme said:
Lwaxana said:
yaoi

Ships! Ships everywhere!

yuri

Yaoi/Yuri should have only one level each imo. Is there even 100 yaoi and 100 yuri anime in the database:

Apr 26, 2015 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
abystoma2 said:
Yaoi/Yuri should have only one level each imo. Is there even 100 yaoi and 100 yuri anime in the database:
It's for manga achievements and there is enough manga for 4 levels.
Apr 26, 2015 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
Why not there be an achievement for completing anime from a specific studio?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Custom List Maintenance

Half_Bl00d - Feb 28, 2017

11 by TheM4ngaMan »»
Feb 3, 4:32 AM

Sticky: » Support ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Deividas - Apr 20, 2015

737 by GaOMn03 »»
Jan 27, 3:42 AM

» List of Series Used for the Achievement Badges

Half_Bl00d - May 13, 2020

0 by Half_Bl00d »»
May 13, 2020 6:37 AM

Sticky: » Custom Lists [READ BEFORE POSTING IN CUSTOM LIST MAINTENANCE THREAD]

Half_Bl00d - Mar 1, 2017

4 by Half_Bl00d »»
Mar 1, 2017 2:32 AM

Sticky: » ♦ LIST OF SUGGESTIONS [ READ BEFORE POSTING IN THE SUGGESTIONS THREAD ]

Half_Bl00d - Feb 22, 2017

2 by Half_Bl00d »»
Feb 22, 2017 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.