Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
May 27, 2018 9:14 AM

Seems like it's fixed now. All history and achievements are back to normal.

May 27, 2018 10:53 AM

Not sure what happened there, or what even is going on if MAL Graph found a way around the disabled API or what. The manga stats are fine, but guess it can't read anime lists very well.

May 27, 2018 10:56 AM

Lil-Bird said:

Not sure what happened there, or what even is going on if MAL Graph found a way around the disabled API or what. The manga stats are fine, but guess it can't read anime lists very well.

The same thing happened with me but it went back to normal later on.

May 27, 2018 10:58 AM

SHINOBI-03 said:
The same thing happened with me but it went back to normal later on.

So it'll fix itself on its own? Find it a little strange, but alright, I'll check back in a couple of hours.

EDIT: Wait, derp, there it goes. How odd. Least we know there's a little hiccup for a few minutes.

Aug 17, 2018 6:05 AM

i think the date reader for the history has an error

Grems History

all my 1990-1999 entries are now watched vor 2090-2099

Aug 17, 2018 9:08 AM

gremlyn said:
i think the date reader for the history has an error

Grems History

all my 1990-1999 entries are now watched vor 2090-2099

Yeah, it's like that for me as well for 1999. It happened after everything went to crap in May.

Aug 25, 2018 9:16 PM
I noticed that now that I have the shorts achievement on my profile, it includes Bungou Stray Dogs: Dead Apple as one of the qualifying anime, but that's in error because the duration is listed as unknown on MAL. It's actually close to two hours. I'm assuming there's a bug where it assumes an unknown duration to be 0 minutes long.

Nov 11, 2018 11:02 AM

Hi,
I don't understand why I have no anime achievements... It is weird because I remember that a few months ago the pervert one was displayed but now it is empty
Is there a particular reason for that ?
Mathematics are just a way for us to explore any universe, beyond the limits of our imagination.

Nov 11, 2018 2:10 PM

@Neodym_
First, with only 80 anime completed it's really hard to have any achievements.
Second, the pervert achievement constantly checks the ratio of your Ecchi/Hentai and non-Ecchi/Hentai completed shows, so this just means that you've watched enough non-Ecchi/Hentai shows to increase the difference and thus lose the achievement.

I hope this helps :)

Nov 11, 2018 9:38 PM

Hi,
Thank you for the explanation ! I did not know that the pervert achievement had a minimum number of ecchi/hentai shows.
Mathematics are just a way for us to explore any universe, beyond the limits of our imagination.

Nov 12, 2018 1:13 AM

@Neodym_: rather than a minimum number, it's a minimum ratio.
https://github.com/anime-plus/graph/blob/master/achievements.md#pervert

Jan 4, 10:21 AM
🌕🚀System;Reset

@Half_Bl00d

do you know if there's any upcoming plan to update both GAR and Mahou Shoujo lists during the year?

Jan 4, 11:29 AM

@SheyCroix: I will go over all the suggestions these days and compile new lists, and send them over to Deiv. When will he update them at the graph after that is something I don't know XD

Jan 18, 3:14 AM

Hi, is it normal that all of my stats are wrong? Just wondering if it's related to the MAL API problem that happened.

Jan 18, 3:44 AM

@To-san1: Hmm that certainly looks odd. I tested it on my profile and it works well, so I doubt it's related to the API. Try updating it again later.

Jan 18, 12:28 PM
Could you revise the Recommendations algorithm? My Favorites tab very accurately shows Action as my least preferred genre, yet the top 7 recommendations are Action-centered. https://graph.anime.plus/ZSugarAnt/recommendations,anime

Jan 20, 7:23 AM

ZSugarAnt said:
Could you revise the Recommendations algorithm? My Favorites tab very accurately shows Action as my least preferred genre, yet the top 7 recommendations are Action-centered. https://graph.anime.plus/ZSugarAnt/recommendations,anime

If you look closely at your recommended you would notice that the first 10 anime that show up all have genre's that you have high on favourites, namely: Drama, Thriller, Mystery, Psychoogical.

Action is a very wide genre, almost as large as comedy, trying to avoid it is going to be hard given that a good portion of anime have at least some action in them. Also very few thrillers (your favourite genre) lack any action. the same can be said for psychological and mystery.

Generally, the recommendations will never be that good, because so many anime have multiple catagories with no way to determine how much of a given genre is represented in said anime.

As an example: Your first recommendation is Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. nanoha is first and foremost an action/mahou shoujo (magic) anime, however it also has a good deal of drama. As you can see Magic is in your top 10 of favourite genres so on the pure facts the recommendation is correct as it only contain one troupe that you dislike. However, it does not take into account that there is far more action in the series than drama.

It is also unlikely that the code itself actually is able to discern what genres you do not like as opposed to those that you do like. making code that can weed out disliked genres when theres is only a scale and no black list is fairly difficult unless you want to make something exceedingly complicated.

The final issue is actually one of volume. The recommendations only go off the anime you have already seen, it can be difficult for a program to recommend an anime with a small initial sample size, I'm not saying that you haven't watched enough anime, but it is clear that the program only uses the sample the user has and then extrapolates from there.

Honestly, the recommendations function is not a great one, but then again making it good would be fairly difficult and hardly worth it. MAL itself is a site where yo can search any anime and get a pretty good idea whether or not you;d like it, why not just search by a genre you like than rely on an algorithim that is restricted by the anime that you have watched?

Just for note: I am not a mod and my understanding on the programming is limited by not being able to see it, however I can make assumptions based on how it appears to work
Modified by animeno, Jan 20, 7:26 AM

Jan 20, 9:17 AM
Ok, thanks. I suppose it looked worse than what it is because the tags are presented in alphabetical order.

Jan 27, 12:00 PM

@Half_Bl00d thanks.

Jan 29, 6:49 PM
Hey, just a quick question, how do I get my achievements to show up on my MAL profile page? I can't seem to find a link or anything of the sort that I'm meant to copy and paste into my description on my profile page, thx!

Jan 30, 12:57 AM

@EmperorCaki: because there isn't such a link. Just copy the urls for the badges.

Jan 30, 2:12 AM
ah ok, thx

Feb 14, 4:18 PM

hey there, idk if this belongs here, but this anime appears in missing titles but it spits out error 404 not found

Feb 14, 4:46 PM

@h3oCharles: the graph database does not update very frequently (once I week I think). Wait for a few days and it will disappear.

Feb 23, 1:39 PM

How does the new "franchises" achievement work?
It said 250+ episodes from 10+ franchises. I have 175 franchises and 450 episodes just from the first 10.
Modified by Heldengeist, Feb 23, 1:42 PM

Feb 23, 2:18 PM

@Heldengeist: if it wasn't obvious enough: 10+ franchises each having 250+ episodes.

Feb 24, 4:11 AM

Hi!

I submited my profile while my manga list was private so the graphs didn't show anything. Later, I set my list to public, added and removed some stuff, and waited like a week for Graph to catch my updates, but it never did.

Could you help me please? :)
If it has solution, don't bother; and if it hasn't, why bothering?

Do you like manga? http://gunjoteam.com

Feb 24, 4:42 AM

@Tsukiaki — Hello. You have to manually click the 'update' button on your graph profile whenever you do, indeed, make changes to your list here on MAL. I have taken the liberty to do it for you; changes should reflect shortly.

In the future, be on the lookout for this in the top-right corner, right above your profile picture.

Updates may be logged hourly.

Feb 24, 10:18 AM

@Emperatrix thank you so much!!!!
If it has solution, don't bother; and if it hasn't, why bothering?

Do you like manga? http://gunjoteam.com

Feb 24, 11:11 AM

Half_Bl00d said:
@Heldengeist: if it wasn't obvious enough: 10+ franchises each having 250+ episodes.
I see. It wasn't obvious. So esentially this is another long-runner achievement, but now for older franchises. I think 250 epidoses for at least 10 franchises is a bit high threshold, there aren't many franchises big enough to count and most of them boost their episode number with a long runner series. I think it's a bit redundant like this. Off the top of my head maybe the Gundam franchise is the only one which is big enough so you don't have to watch a 100+ eps long entry to qualify.

Feb 24, 11:42 AM

@Heldengeist: It is neither too high nor redundant. Actually it has the exact same minimum requirement as the Long Runner achivement, which is 2500 episodes. It is meant to be difficult.
Second, I can give you 10 franchises that qualify for this achievement, but not for the Long Runner: Akage no Anne, Bakugan, BeyBlade, Cardfight Vanguard, Digimon, Gundam, Jewelpet, Precure, Sailor Moon, Transformers...

The achievement was especially created to promote shows like Gundam (close to 1000 episodes) which have huge franchises that are broken down in multitude of smaller seasons. Certainly it can overlap with the Long Runner, but it doesn't need to. Also there's multiple shows that qualify for the Long Runner, but not for this one.

Feb 24, 12:06 PM

@Half_Bl00d
Actually long runner was made a lot easier about one or two years ago. I remember the criteria was 10 series with 150 episodes each or something. So even if the episode requirement is higher now, a lot more series became qualified.

I see the same issue here the long runner used to have.

Feb 24, 12:39 PM

@Heldengeist — You may see an issue, but frankly, we don't. If you are discontent with the requirements, simply don't work toward this achievement. It isn't as though we are forcing you to mark off every single one the graph offers. ^^

Feb 25, 6:18 PM

I have a couple of questions about the long runner and franchise achievements.
For the long runner, does it count ongoing series (e.g. Detective Conan, One Piece, Pokémon Sun & Moon), or must the series be complete? Also, for a completed series, must I have completed the series, or just 100+ episodes of it?

Similar question for franchises: Are only episodes in completed series counted towards the 250+, or does it also include episodes in ongoing/incomplete series?

A shame, Hunter×Hunter is just 7 episodes short.
Another 250+ franchise that has no long-runners: Rockman.exe

Feb 25, 6:30 PM

Half_Bl00d said:
Second, I can give you 10 franchises that qualify for this achievement, but not for the Long Runner: Akage no Anne, Bakugan, BeyBlade, Cardfight Vanguard, Digimon, Gundam, Jewelpet, Precure, Sailor Moon, Transformers...

can you provide more information please about qualifying these situations:
- two hundred fifty One Piece episodes watched
- completed Koneko no Chii franchise with episodes being only three and twelve minutes long
- completed two hundred forty nine normal episodes and one movie, ova or special

Feb 26, 2:21 AM

@LordRukario @Hiruzawa

- The ongoing series do not count for neither Longrunner nor Franchise achievements (One Piece, Detective Conan, etc.), only series in the completed section are checked by the graph.
- Episode length is irrelevant for these achievements.
- I'm fairly sure that every type counts for the achievement, not just TV, thus 249 episodes + Movie/OVA/Special will count properly.

Feb 26, 12:32 PM

Can confirm; all types are counted. :]

Feb 27, 9:51 AM

So, just so I fully understand the "Franchise" requirements, I'm going to use the Fate series as an example. So, in total, I have completed 118 TV episodes, 5 OVA episodes, 33 Special episodes, and 3 movies, for a grand total of 159 episodes. The Fate series DOES NOT qualify for the Franchise requirement because it is 91 episodes short of the 250 episodes.

Am I understanding that right?

Feb 27, 11:29 AM

@Z6890: yes, that is exactly how it works.

Feb 27, 11:53 AM

@Half_Bl00d: Ok. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you.

Mar 2, 9:28 AM
So, for some reason Mob Psycho II is not appearing in my favorites list and is throwing the Favorites Graph off for my 2019 average. Is there a reason this would be happening? I waited two hours before refreshing the data and there was no change.

Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]