Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]
Jan 22, 2022 7:09 PM

Jun 2011
My 'Endurance Training' achievement seems to be bugged - says I've got 180.26 when on my profile page it clearly says 182.5 days. Can this be fixed?

Edit: My 'Downward Spiral' achievement is also bugged - it's actually saying I've got more days than my profile page...
BlackCatBexxieFeb 22, 2022 4:30 PM
Feb 8, 2022 9:33 PM
Feb 2015
My stats stay blank and it says I need try again after adding stuff to my list... I've tried over the course of several days but to no avail everything stays blank
Mar 8, 2022 12:06 PM
Feb 2018
how can i post my achievement on MAL
Mar 27, 2022 4:12 AM
May 2013
Hi I just noticed it said “Minami no Shima no Dera-chan”, due to watching these anime:
*Tamako Market
*Tamako Market Specials
*Tamako Love Story

But when I click it it show as an error link not found. Erm not sure what happened here?

Also, found it on "Detective Conan: Black History 2" shown as not found, due to watching Detective Conan anime.
Animekid3Mar 27, 2022 6:07 AM
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 30, 2022 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
MAL deleted those pages. Our database is updated once a month.
Mar 30, 2022 7:52 PM

Jan 2015
Deividas said:
MAL deleted those pages. Our database is updated once a month.

Hey is this why for example on my favorite genres, under "Adult-cast", anime like Psycho-Pass, don't show up? Since the tag was likely added since the last update?

If so, when can we expect the next database update to be? I'm excited to see how these new tags shake up my "Favorite Genres"
Mar 30, 2022 11:34 PM

Jun 2013
Yes.

The time is different for every anime/manga. One month after the last update.
May 8, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2011
I think something isn't good. It shows that I read 25042 chapters and completed 226 titles, and it uses fresh data but I read more than 38000 chapters and 466 titles. Same goes with animes.
https://anime.plus/Nuttika

And the differenc isn't from re-watch or reread because I don't count it on MAL.

Yeah, I understand you, but I can't write in English. Yeah, one of the most easiest language. But in exchange I can speak and write one of the most difficult: Hungarian :D - Akinek nem tetszik valami, elmehet Kukutyinba zabot hegyezni.
Jun 15, 2022 3:31 PM

Jun 2021
Hey everyone, as a new member it's nice to meet you all! I checked out the achievements, and I think they're a neat idea to further showcase your anime taste. Is there a way I can display the stats and achievements on my profile for people to see? Thanks!
Jun 17, 2022 3:31 AM

Mar 2013
Is the extension down or is it just me?
Aug 5, 2022 8:15 AM

Apr 2017
hello, I update my MAL graph yearly and I noticed that I lost my anime slice of life level 3 achievement XD
Was the unlock requirement increased? or was it a MAL DB change?

Oct 7, 2022 12:05 AM
Jun 2019
Hi! [BAD ENGLISH !!] Usually the missing titles is where I get my information from franchises... what im missed, what news, etc.
But here is a thing, what i dont understand.. Why is this is 2 franchise? (Please reply me, i cant write, but im understand everything what i read ^^'.)
https://prnt.sc/0Z5SD5t4Xj-6
https://prnt.sc/CtcddfztxBgq
Oct 7, 2022 2:26 AM
CSS Wizard

Jul 2009
@Dppzenron: A while back a change was implemented into the missing titles section where it wouldn't show the entries connected by the "Other" relation. That is why the movie is counted as a separate franchise (if you go to BNHA 5th season, you'll see that the Movie 3 is listed under "Other" there).
Hope this clears up the reason why ^^
Oct 7, 2022 4:05 AM
Jun 2019
Half_Bl00d said:
@Dppzenron: A while back a change was implemented into the missing titles section where it wouldn't show the entries connected by the "Other" relation. That is why the movie is counted as a separate franchise (if you go to BNHA 5th season, you'll see that the Movie 3 is listed under "Other" there).
Hope this clears up the reason why ^^

I understand, thank you. I thought it was a special problem with this series. :D
Nov 27, 2022 4:01 PM

Jun 2007
X500658 said:
hello, I update my MAL graph yearly and I noticed that I lost my anime slice of life level 3 achievement XD

I think MAL tightened up the definition of "Slice of Life," and removed it from a bunch of titles. Based on the spreadsheet I have of potential titles to watch for achievements, stuff like A Town Where You Live and its OVAs, Fruits Basket '19 and its sequels, Only Yesterday, Sora no Manimani, Nodame Cantabile, Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Weathering with You are no longer considered Slice of Life. I believe some others like Clannad have lost that designation as well -- it used to be misapplied to almost anything that was set in the contemporary "real world" and didn't have significant action/magic components.
ZalisNov 27, 2022 7:14 PM
Nov 27, 2022 4:03 PM

Apr 2017
Zalis said:
X500658 said:

I think MAL tightened up the definition of "Slice of Life," and removed it from a bunch of titles. Based on the spreadsheet I have of potential titles to watch for achievements, stuff like A Town Where You Live and its OVAs, Fruits Basket '19 and its sequels, Only Yesterday, Sora no Manimani, Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Weathering with You are no longer considered Slice of Life. I believe some others like Clannad have lost that designation as well -- it used to be misapplied to almost anything that was set in the contemporary "real world" and didn't have significant action/magic components.

I see. I still consider them SoL hahaha
thank you!

Apr 16, 2023 10:05 AM

Mar 2020
Hello, I've recently started adding the start and end dates for series I've completed. However, I have noticed that in the MALgraph History section, the completion dates are incorrect.

Taking Overlord as an example, I finished the first season in August 2022, as you can see in the screenshot below.

However, according to MALgraph, I completed Overlord in February 2022.

I have tried updating my MALgraph profile several times and also checking the dates in MAL, but the problem persists. I am looking forward a reply. Thanks in advance.

“In general, men prefer to let their actions speak instead of words. When they’re in pain, they don’t want to burden anyone with it, not if they can help it. They don’t want anyone to worry about them. That’s how they are. Even so, there may come a time when they’ll ask for your help. And when they do, I know that you’ll be there for them. Isn’t that enough?”

     — Maes Hughes
Apr 17, 2023 11:27 PM

Jun 2013
@Kreidirk Hi, it's because MAL uses two date formats (https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences). We can't see your settings, so we check for numbers over 12 and decide which format to use. The default is American.

02-08 could be either Feb 8 (default) or Aug 2.

Add one date with a day over 12 (Aug 13, for example) and the format will switch to European.
Apr 18, 2023 1:49 AM

Mar 2020
Deividas said:
@Kreidirk Hi, it's because MAL uses two date formats (https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences). We can't see your settings, so we check for numbers over 12 and decide which format to use. The default is American.

02-08 could be either Feb 8 (default) or Aug 2.

Add one date with a day over 12 (Aug 13, for example) and the format will switch to European.
I see. Thank you so much.

“In general, men prefer to let their actions speak instead of words. When they’re in pain, they don’t want to burden anyone with it, not if they can help it. They don’t want anyone to worry about them. That’s how they are. Even so, there may come a time when they’ll ask for your help. And when they do, I know that you’ll be there for them. Isn’t that enough?”

     — Maes Hughes
May 15, 2023 3:18 PM

Jan 2016
Hi, sorry I didn't find a way to perform a search on this thread only so perhaps someone asked it before... is there a way to recycle/refresh or hide/ignore recommendations?
Also, I'm kinda confused how they work, Romance is #19 place according to my favorites and half of the recommendations have this tag, also a bunch of Love Polygon (#25), Ecchi (#60) and Comedy (#67).

And did I get it wrong are you guys making custom tags? If so I'd love a tag for short animations (15min or less I guess).

May 16, 2023 9:28 AM

Apr 2017
PxHC said:
Hi, sorry I didn't find a way to perform a search on this thread only so perhaps someone asked it before... is there a way to recycle/refresh or hide/ignore recommendations?

No, there is no way to hide or ignore recommendations. There are only four ways of getting shows out of your recommendations:
1. Change the scores of the anime responsible for the recommendation
2. Watch the recommendation
3. Watch something else and give it a high score
4. Watch something else that has a recommendation to a show in your recommendations and give it a low score

All of those can result in your recommendations changing, but there is no guarantee.

The only other way to get other recommendations would be to use a different engine (like Sprout) or run Graph/a reproduction of the code yourself to get a full list of all recommendations.

PxHC said:
Also, I'm kinda confused how they work, Romance is #19 place according to my favorites and half of the recommendations have this tag, also a bunch of Love Polygon (#25), Ecchi (#60) and Comedy (#67).

Your recommendations are based the scores on your list as well as what people recommend on MAL, like this. Basically, the higher you score a show and the more recommendations it has to another show, the more likely you will see the other show in your recommendations. There is a lot of maths involved that is too much to explain here, but if you know how to program and want to get a closer look, here is the relevant code on github.

PxHC said:
And did I get it wrong are you guys making custom tags? If so I'd love a tag for short animations (15min or less I guess).

Not really sure I'm fully quallified to answer that one. If you mean tags as in genres/themes, then I don't think there are any, they all come from MAL directly. If you mean achievements, then yes, it should be possible to add those. But there have been a few requests over the past years and pretty much none of them have been added. Personally I' recommend opening an issue and attaching a pull request to it that actually adds the functionality, so it only has to be approved to be added, because I had success with that in the past. But obviously that would require you to be able to code the functionality yourself and there is also no guarantee it will actually be approved, since there are already three pull requests open... But you can always try, I guess.
May 16, 2023 12:40 PM

Jan 2016
@RobbiRobb thanks, understood now. I thought recommendations were more "custom" based on my favorite tags but I see it's based on other user recommendations on stuff I liked (makes more sense too). Also saw some posts around here saying stuff like "add these anime to x theme (I had to google what GAR was hehe)" and I thought it was some custom tags being used but it was for achievements.

A way to hide recommendations from the list would be cool though.

May 17, 2023 11:50 AM

Jan 2016
On another note, is the Missing Titles (so love this feature) on Recommendations showing all related stuff? I diligently went through the list to either hide stuff or add them to CW/PTW and then I opened Psycho Pass page here on MAL and saw this Other related entry called All Alone With You, I even clicked to show the Missing Titles I hid to check if it was there and I missed but no, it wasn't shown there at all... I understand the Missing Titles are not showing Adaptations (although I think it should), but perhaps it's also not showing Others?

May 17, 2023 1:21 PM

Apr 2017
PxHC said:
On another note, is the Missing Titles (so love this feature) on Recommendations showing all related stuff? I diligently went through the list to either hide stuff or add them to CW/PTW and then I opened Psycho Pass page here on MAL and saw this Other related entry called All Alone With You, I even clicked to show the Missing Titles I hid to check if it was there and I missed but no, it wasn't shown there at all... I understand the Missing Titles are not showing Adaptations (although I think it should), but perhaps it's also not showing Others?

Correct, entries related by "Other" are excluded from missing titles. That was meant to exclude other franchises, because usually crossovers are connected via "Other". Sadly, over the last few years, the database mods don't really care about that distinction any more and pretty much anything that's not easily distinguishable is thrown into "Other". My favorite example for this is BanG Dream!, where you have all the MVs (of which most should be connected to season 2 or 3), the spin-off of the first season (Asonjatta), the story that is set somewhere around the third season (Morfonication) as well as the three sequel movies to the third season (Episode of Roselia and Poppin'Dream) all in "Other". And then there is one random MV in "Character" for basically no reason. This happens across the entire database making the missing titles more and more useless.

Long story short, "Other" is excluded from missing titles on purpose which doesn't really work with the way connections are set nowadays anymore. Also, I think "Character" is also excluded, because that usually involves other stories with the same character. Though it would probably better to check that with an example or just look at the source code (which I didn't).
May 23, 2023 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
Hi. I just noticed that because of the recent hack, the name of this entry still appears as "LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN" for me: https://myanimelist.net/anime/53179/Ars_no_Kyojuu
Jun 4, 2023 1:41 AM

Nov 2018
Hey @Deividas, do you have anything that can display manga stats for the entire DB? I'm struggling to find a manga equivalent of AWCc's website and how they display stats for the anime DB. https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/charts

I just need numbers for all the manga entry types and that's it.

Edit: I'll make a suggestion as I just got an idea
_cjessop19_Jun 4, 2023 3:02 AM

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 4, 2023 3:13 AM

Jun 2013
@_cjessop19_ No, but you can do the calculations yourself. Filter by type and then: number of pages x titles per page
Jun 27, 2023 12:35 AM
Jun 2019
How can i fix this? or is it an issue that will be fixed eventually?
Jul 9, 2023 10:34 AM
May 2018
hello! i just used anime.plus for the first time and the stats that its showing is incorrect! My total episodes in MAL profile shows 24,662 episodes but on anime.plus it shows 24274. can someone help me out how to correct it? or what am i missing that it shows on MAL Profile but not on anime.plus
Jul 9, 2023 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
@hkr_008 We don't include rewatched episodes.
Jul 10, 2023 8:45 AM
May 2018
Deividas said:
@hkr_008 We don't include rewatched episodes.
tysm or the clarification
Jul 16, 2023 6:35 PM
Oct 2015
Is there a way to remove an anime from your recommendations list? For example, I'm not personally interested in [x] Anime, and I'd like to remove it from my list of personalized recommendations. Is there a way to do that?
Jul 20, 2023 6:54 PM

Apr 2017
jcw3 said:
Is there a way to remove an anime from your recommendations list? For example, I'm not personally interested in [x] Anime, and I'd like to remove it from my list of personalized recommendations. Is there a way to do that?

To quote myself from like two months ago:

RobbiRobb said:
No, there is no way to hide or ignore recommendations. There are only four ways of getting shows out of your recommendations:
1. Change the scores of the anime responsible for the recommendation
2. Watch the recommendation
3. Watch something else and give it a high score
4. Watch something else that has a recommendation to a show in your recommendations and give it a low score

All of those can result in your recommendations changing, but there is no guarantee.

The only other way to get other recommendations would be to use a different engine (like Sprout) or run Graph/a reproduction of the code yourself to get a full list of all recommendations.
Oct 5, 2023 9:57 AM

Feb 2023
on the website, Malgraph writes that "Found 1 mismatch" for "Iinchou wa Saimin Appli wo Shinjiteru. (on your list: 1, but it’s still airing)", but status is "Finished Airing"
My Candies 2023 :
Oct 5, 2023 11:37 AM

Apr 2017
ue0 said:
on the website, Malgraph writes that "Found 1 mismatch" for "Iinchou wa Saimin Appli wo Shinjiteru. (on your list: 1, but it’s still airing)", but status is "Finished Airing"

Don't worry too much, this happens from time to time. Entries only get updated every so often (I think every 30 days? Someone correct me if I'm wrong), so sometimes the data is outdated. Give it some time and it'll magically fix itself.
Nov 28, 2023 5:06 AM

Mar 2021
are you guys undergoing maintenance right now or something? i can't update my profile for some reason
Dec 29, 2023 8:13 AM
Aug 2020
Hi there:

Just wanted to point out a problem I have with GRAPH.

I'm quite certain To LOVE-Ru and Bakuman are two quite different series. Here I leave the screenshot which shows that they are quite where they shouldn't quite be.

Thank you for your quite appreciated attention.

Cheers,
GaOMn_03
GaOMn03Dec 29, 2023 8:19 AM
Jan 27, 3:42 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to GaOMn03
Hi there:

Just wanted to point out a problem I have with GRAPH.

I'm quite certain To LOVE-Ru and Bakuman are two quite different series. Here I leave the screenshot which shows that they are quite where they shouldn't quite be.

Thank you for your quite appreciated attention.

Cheers,
GaOMn_03
@GaOMn03 I see the error's been solved recently, thanks a lot.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Custom List Maintenance

Half_Bl00d - Feb 28, 2017

11 by TheM4ngaMan »»
Feb 3, 4:32 AM

Sticky: » Suggestions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Deividas - Apr 20, 2015

1374 by soreat26 »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:28 AM

» List of Series Used for the Achievement Badges

Half_Bl00d - May 13, 2020

0 by Half_Bl00d »»
May 13, 2020 6:37 AM

Sticky: » Custom Lists [READ BEFORE POSTING IN CUSTOM LIST MAINTENANCE THREAD]

Half_Bl00d - Mar 1, 2017

4 by Half_Bl00d »»
Mar 1, 2017 2:32 AM

Sticky: » ♦ LIST OF SUGGESTIONS [ READ BEFORE POSTING IN THE SUGGESTIONS THREAD ]

Half_Bl00d - Feb 22, 2017

2 by Half_Bl00d »»
Feb 22, 2017 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.