Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, episode's pacing felt slow.

Some good buildup though in terms of all the guys preparing. My favorite part would probably be the piano playing. Has this serene like atmosphere to it; that part felt a bit short though.
Apr 18, 2015 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
Rock musical for Terashima-san's character and Taniyama-san's character? Guitar x Viola. They are not doing well, though, because their personalities are switched. When Cecil said their original partners' names, they start to learn from them.

When they got it, now the director says they act too much. Main girl showing their color (wait, I cannot hear the difference). They figured out who "they" are and it was a success.

Maybe next is Aoi-san's character, if thinking by the order of idol songs series.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 18, 2015 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
loved this episode, much better than the first 2. especially since we got lots of otoya screentime <3<3
that scene with him and tokiya was hilarious :D
Apr 18, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
I liked the last episode, I didn't think the pacing felt slow, like some people said, but this episode felt pretty slow to me.

The idea for the play was pretty cheesy XD I was sure they were gonna end up asking the director if they could switch roles, but they didn't. I guess they still did a good job with their parts.
I was wondering if Otoya and Natsuki pairing up would work out, since we almost never see them interact, but they worked pretty well together.
And we finally got to see more of Haruka! I was actually glad she appeared a lot this episode, I thought the writers completely forgot about her.
The insert song was pretty good, I guess.

4/5 this time.
Apr 18, 2015 12:51 PM

Jul 2010
Otoya mimicking each and every movements of Tokiya was fun.

Even though it was short, the part where Haruka played Otoya and Natsuki's song was great. Maybe it will be a thing, wouldn't mind it at all.

It was nice to see the musical at the end too.
Apr 18, 2015 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
I lol'd so hard when otoya was mimiking tokiya
The scene when haruka showed them their "colors" was so sweet<3 loved it!
Apr 18, 2015 2:10 PM

Oct 2014
The best part in this episode

omg it's canon
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Apr 18, 2015 2:36 PM

Feb 2015
ShiroAki1997 said:
I lol'd so hard when otoya was mimiking tokiya
Same here. Everything else was a bit forgettable.
Apr 18, 2015 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
Ehhhhh not a huge fan of that song :S Terashii's voice sounds so weird with Taniyama Kishow's.. Like it's a weird mix.
But at least I wasn't that bored this episode. :P

Ai/Aoi episode next hopefully~

ALSO: I agree with everyone above me. The Otoya copying Tokiya scene was the best!
Apr 18, 2015 6:39 PM

Jul 2013
Otoya copying Tokiya is way to cute! XD and the song of today's episode was nice, Otoya and Natsuki combo.
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Apr 18, 2015 8:38 PM

Oct 2011
Died when Otoya copied Tokiya <3

Dat song <3
Apr 18, 2015 9:46 PM

Feb 2010
thought that the first cross unit song needed more unf as it was a rock-musical lol
wouldve thought ranmaru wouldve helped since he's pretty much the rock type of QN

but other than that, meh eps cant wait whos singing in the nxt eps!
Apr 19, 2015 12:19 AM

Nov 2009
They simply should've switched the roles. And I wish Satsuki was back; Natsuki in Satsuki mode is pretty much my favorite prince out of all of them (while Natsuki by himself is around the bottom of my list...)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 19, 2015 12:31 AM

Jul 2012
CG said:
They simply should've switched the roles. And I wish Satsuki was back; Natsuki in Satsuki mode is pretty much my favorite prince out of all of them (while Natsuki by himself is around the bottom of my list...)

if they took of natsuki's glasses, it would have solved one half of the problem
Apr 19, 2015 12:57 AM

Nov 2009
Rewatched ep6 of the 1st season.... GODDAMNIT, BRING BACK SATSUKI! BRING BACK THAT BADASSERY, INTENSITY AND DRIVE!

R0LAN said:
thought that the first cross unit song needed more unf as it was a rock-musical lol
Yeah, due to the disappointment of them not using Satsuki and Otoya&Natsuki not even switching the roles, I almost forgot that for a rock musical the song was anything but. Hell, both Orion de Shoutout and Top Star Revolution had more rock in them than anything Haruka's ever written put together. I'm thinking it was a bad decision to put her, a gentle tender-hearted girl, in charge of a rock composition - something that couldn't be farther away from her. They should've asked Satsuki, seriously, or at least asked someone who does have experience in composing rock tunes.
CGApr 20, 2015 10:27 AM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 19, 2015 7:46 AM

Jun 2008
Ittoki trying to act cool made me laugh too much, it's just too hard to take him seriously. I suppose trying to show the characters not acting well must be more difficult than just acting them out properly. They also also looked a bit strange with the instruments. Rei-chan made me laugh when he said something like "back then"... (ノ∀`) They should have also shown the guy who requested them (forgot the name) being satisfied with their work at the end.
Having them try to act what they aren't like at all was an interesting concept, but it's too bad they didn't include Icchi and Shou in a better way (I knew they would appear later since they weren't present while the other members were. No Satsuki was disappointing, though) for their improvement. It's like the last episode where the princes were paired with someone of the senpai group to work together where some things didn't seem to help them progress at all. The feeling that they're out of ideas is getting stronger with each passing episode at this time for me.
Hopefully Ai's episode will be better.
Apr 19, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2012
mayukachan said:
CG said:

if they took of natsuki's glasses, it would have solved one half of the problem

lmaooo i was thinking the exact same thing. i guess they didn't want satsuki to appear already or w/e
Apr 19, 2015 11:44 PM
Jun 2014
I just love Miyano's OP. I can't ever seem to skip em.
Otoya-kun as a cool prince was so hawt. I loved it when he was copying Tokiya.
Apr 20, 2015 6:07 AM

Apr 2015
Finally something worth watching in the season, some nice funny bits and musical bits. I really thought the writers forgot Haru though haha. The music was really nice in this ep, I just hope that they actually will reveal some actual problems in which episode, all the problems so far seem really trivial and can be solved really easily. Not a lot of character development :(
Apr 25, 2015 11:20 AM

May 2010
Finally a good episode. Ittoki copying Tokiya was hilarious. Shinomiya was entertaining there as well. Plus Haruka showed more personality than usual, more mysterious and cheerful.

The senpais kinda annoy me sometimes, they talk like old men who are at the end of their career. I mean, they are still young.

Okay guys, let me give you a lesson at being yourself. *hears the OP of Barakamon* sings loudly, "Jibun-rashisa te nanda? hito to wa chigau-" Oh sorry, my bad.

Nice song esp. the music at the beginning. Damn this episode got me hyped. It felt true-er to the industry.

I am growing fond of the ED, it's probably as good as the first season's ED.
Apr 29, 2015 12:11 PM

Sep 2013
I think the best part of this episode was probably Ittoki imitating Tokiya. I'm a bit surprised how long it's been since they last showed Satsuki.... I was hoping for another one of his appearances, but no luck, I guess.
May 1, 2015 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
I was laughing so hard when Ittoki was trying to copy Tokiya XD
May 18, 2015 5:20 AM
Jul 2013
Otowan gets a hilarious scene of copying Tokiya, and Nacchan's struggle to get into character is cured with... Shô nerding over action flicks?

What a downer.
Jun 28, 2015 7:27 AM
Mar 2012
A second rate musical with a bad plot at the Grand National Theater?
And shouldn't you have the songs ready before you start practicing?

And to me the piano playing didn't sound very different from each other.

But copying Tokiya was funny.
Jul 17, 2015 11:08 AM
Jun 2014
ElenirLachlagos said:

And shouldn't you have the songs ready before you start practicing?

And to me the piano playing didn't sound very different from each other.

But copying Tokiya was funny.
Sounds logical.

Jul 23, 2015 2:04 PM
Jul 2013
It's like A-1 heard there's not gonna be any Satsuki this season a and just completely deflated "awwwww what's the point any more...." *heh*
Aug 2, 2015 8:01 AM

May 2012
The pacing is still very slow but well let's see what's next.
Jan 4, 2016 7:28 PM

Dec 2015
I really really loved the scene where Otoya was trying to copy Tokya xD Laughed so hard and was surprised later on how hard I laughed at it. Well, the background music was brilliant for that scene, so that might have amplified the funny atmosphere. Shou and Natsuki were great too :d Long pause and then realization, haha.
Getting used to the ED actually.
Liked the song they performed together, it was nice! And Haruka trying to put their charm and personalities into a tune was sweet. But she always does that, so it isn't surprising :D
Otoya is too cute.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Oct 11, 2016 9:33 AM

Oct 2016
I guess everybody loved the scene with Otoya mimicking Tokiya.
And I love the piano piece Haruka played when she showed the colors Otoya and Natsuki.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

59 by senekohan »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

42 by senekohan »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:07 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

24 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 2:44 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

19 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 12:19 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

28 by Liaeves »»
Apr 14, 2020 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.