Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 19, 2015 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
I really wish the author wasn't so extremely lazy in regards to the mythology. It's like he skimmed wikipedia articles for ten minutes and then went, "good enough!" It was lazy enough in season two with the horribly uninspired take on Christian mythology, but now it's doing the same thing with Norse figures. I understand that this isn't supposed to be a great bit of storytelling and whatnot, but if you're going to bother digging into rich lore you might as well do something interesting with it.
Apr 19, 2015 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
TheAshmanCometh said:
I really wish the author wasn't so extremely lazy in regards to the mythology. It's like he skimmed wikipedia articles for ten minutes and then went, "good enough!" It was lazy enough in season two with the horribly uninspired take on Christian mythology, but now it's doing the same thing with Norse figures. I understand that this isn't supposed to be a great bit of storytelling and whatnot, but if you're going to bother digging into rich lore you might as well do something interesting with it.
Pretty much this. Although the Christian stuff is expanded on later in the novel and is the current focus of it.
Apr 19, 2015 9:19 PM
Jul 2018

DarklordVor said:
Son Goku from Dragon Ball is pretty much a parody from the ancient legend in China called Sun Wukong, the monkey.

Got it, ty ^^,

-Gensan- said:
you dont even know which one parody which one -_-"

Yeah, that's why im asking... :genius:
Apr 19, 2015 10:05 PM

Oct 2011
Issei poking Rias's oppai 0/////0

BALANCE BREAKER ACEIVIED YAY
Apr 19, 2015 11:11 PM

Aug 2013
Lol that was both hilarious and crazy.

Just kept flipping back and forth between laughing when he couldn't decide which nipple to push, and being in awe when he actually went beast mode.

Looking forward to next week as always

People who are reading the LNs keep saying that they're rushing it and changing things. Luckily I cant notice it since I don't read them, but it still makes me upset. I just don't get why they don't make the cour longer or make it 2 cour rather than rush things. You're only going to sell more if you make the season longer. More BDs to sell + more happy fans from a faithful adaptation = MORE $$$

Bakemonogatari went 15 eps, its like studios think that making a show that's longer than 12-13 episodes is a crime or something. If it's not 12-13 episode 1 cour, or 22-25 episode 2 cour, then it's illegal.

chakracat said:
CENSORED YET AGAIN

Your fault or being an idiot and watching the funi rip.

thepath said:
Funny how people keep complaining about censorship in discussion thread even though the uncensored version exist and very easy to find. Wait for FFF to sub the 3rd episode or watch AT-X raws if you are not patient to wait for subs for the uncensored version

Seriously, I didn't realize it was rocket science.

charlesberga said:
Only I think that the animation is worst than season one and two?

it is a little bit. Some of the nips were wonky this ep. but it's only the TV version. TNK is fantastic when it comes to polishing up DxD for the blu rays.
Apr 19, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2008
TheAshmanCometh said:

The norse bit has only really been introduced THIS episode and you're already judging it. I can't take you seriously whatsoever because of that
Apr 20, 2015 1:30 AM

Sep 2014
Alright, after the really shitty second episode, I'm glad the third episode made up for it. Great episode overall. I knew Issei would get his Balance Breaker by poking Rias' tits. <3
Apr 20, 2015 2:26 AM

Jul 2013
lol Goku is a bad guy here well it's really not that surprising considering the protagonist is a devil.

hey guys Issei finally poked Rias' nips! both of them at the same time! do you know how much of a development this is? This calls for a celebration!
Apr 20, 2015 2:47 AM

Mar 2015
Loki looked like typical boss from JRPG. And Fenrir doesn't look epic as i think he should be.
Apr 20, 2015 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
Good god, Kuroka is fucking yummy. Loving the old school courtesan look. Right up my alley.
Apr 20, 2015 3:33 PM

May 2010
I enjoy this show, i truly do but at time it make me hate it with a passtion. JUST POKE THE DAMN TITS damn son!
Apr 20, 2015 6:50 PM

Apr 2015
Best transformation ever. I laughed super hard when he couldn't decide which boob to poke first.
Apr 20, 2015 10:54 PM

Sep 2014
That's my friend is the power of oppai
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2015 1:20 AM

Oct 2008
damn, Loki looked like a weakling in front of all those leaders...well of course every leader should be god level strong...

Apr 21, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2013
So this is why Goku is never on his final form.
"I have come forth after poking my master's breasts!"

I bet you did.
Apr 21, 2015 1:25 PM
Apr 2014
Wow, that was some bad animation. Not even so bad it's good, just so bad it's horrible. Almost as bad as the pacing, but it's pretty much impossible to get worse than that. Frankly, I'm disappointed, if only because of the possibilities lost. Huh. しょうがないな :p
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Apr 21, 2015 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Swordnoob said:
Wow, that was some bad animation. Not even so bad it's good, just so bad it's horrible. Almost as bad as the pacing, but it's pretty much impossible to get worse than that. Frankly, I'm disappointed, if only because of the possibilities lost. Huh. しょうがないな :p
You clearly dont know what bad animation is you are pretty much trolling.
Apr 21, 2015 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
Transforming by poking tits XD

Haven't seen anything this (awesomely) absurd since Daimidaler

Hydnlife said:
I enjoy this show, i truly do but at time it make me hate it with a passtion. JUST POKE THE DAMN TITS damn son!

Dude, knowing to poke which tits is important!
Apr 22, 2015 1:38 AM

Jan 2011
MoeGod said:
Transforming by poking tits XD

Haven't seen anything this (awesomely) absurd since Daimidaler

Hydnlife said:

Dude, knowing to poke which tits is important!

Exactly my thoughts. Though there was one ep of Daimidaler about nipple flicks as well.

The fate of that battle literally rests on Rias' boobs. Quite surprised Issei didn't think of pushing both at the start. That moan though.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Apr 23, 2015 5:03 AM

May 2013
Some interesting characters appeared, like Odin, Rossweisse, Loki, and Ajuka.
Bikou reappears and fights Tannin.
That leaves Issei having to fight Kuroka, but he needs a drastic catalyst in order to unleash his Balance Breaker.
So he pokes Rias' nipples simultaneously, lol.

Since Koneko believes in Issei, Issei showed Kuroka not to mess with his family!
Freakin' badass Issei. Well, guess we'll see Rossweisse badass too next.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Apr 23, 2015 11:16 PM

May 2011
I'm speechless after watching this episode (in a good way) xD What I would do to be in Issei's position ...

Looks like the silver/gray hair girl is going to join the harem, omg yes =)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
Wish I could get a girl to show their boobs and poke it at any time I want in public...

I am so jealous.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 5, 2015 5:03 AM

Jun 2008
CLBGM said:
Son Goku, holy crosier and flying on a cloud... So is he a parody, reference or a blatant copy of Dragon Ball? Please tell me :D

Even his armor looks a little like the Sayan armor if you look carefully.
May 11, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
So I still loved how Rias looks in that dress and that haircut it's gorgeous. And I cried with laughter when I saw the balance breaker scene animated :D
Also liked magical girl transformation ;p
But the fight scene was not long enough - that is what I thought, but I checked in novel and it's also short there :O Maybe when I was reading it the fight was more intense for me.
Loki shouldn't be here and Fenrir animation was ugly and pixelated :/ now I am sure that it will be volume 5-7, but they animated almost all so far and all that was important from vol 5, only it felt too short in anime. But then only 4 episodes for each volume? That sucks a little :/ They will have to cut some things from vol 6-7 ;(
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 12, 2015 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
"Right boob or left one?" Tannin lost his mind when Issei said that haha
Rias' "Iiiya"
Rossweisse is NICE!
May 25, 2015 12:51 AM

Sep 2014
Achieving Welsch Dragon Form sure is a tough one lol.. The humiliation is real haha!

Loki and Fenrir's character design though.. I don't know but for me it was kinda underwhelming.. I expected more of a badass look but hey, at least they made their appearance..
Jun 17, 2015 2:17 PM

Mar 2015
Someone has the uncensored version up.

The boob poke scenes were hilarious, but doesn that means he's pretty much defenseless unless he's surrounded by oppai?
rodacJun 24, 2015 2:04 AM
Jun 18, 2015 9:58 PM
Feb 2011
The battle scenes in this anime are so cliche it is painful... I keep trying this series because people say it gets better but it has yet to.
Jun 22, 2015 8:34 AM

May 2014
Sangaz said:
Good god, Kuroka is fucking yummy. Loving the old school courtesan look. Right up my alley.
+1
Jun 24, 2015 2:10 AM

Jan 2011
Good to see Kuroka show up, she's my favorite girl not in the harem (at least as far as I've read in the LN's to this point). I think it should be pointed out that censoring the oppai goes directly against the central point of the LN and the series, after all he is the Oppai Red Dragon King.

Mod Note: Since I'm marathoning it after the series has completed, I am following the rules and removing links to non-authorized versions on the net. This will mean if you want the uncensored version, you will have to either buy the BDs or else spend 30 seconds with a search engine.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 25, 2015 2:12 PM

May 2012
This service :3 pretty nice action and development as well! Let's see what's next.
Jun 27, 2015 3:02 PM

Aug 2011
How Issei achieved balance breaker is why I love this series. Koneko was too cute this episode too.
Aug 9, 2015 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
A lot of interesting things happened. So Loki wanted to stop Odin to sign the arrangement. As we hear he will definitely attack again.

So we saw a little bit of the power of Konekos sister. And LOL at that transformation. Issei got Balance Breaker by tipping Rias Oppais. "Should I take the right or the left" xD

Looking forward to the next episode.

Sep 7, 2015 8:43 AM
May 2012
Hell yeah, Issei ahahaha. Man, only Issei can do that.
Rias blushing is the best <3
Jan 9, 2016 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Having trouble figuring out what breast to poke ... lmao
Really cool to see all these myth caharacters though.
Loki, Fenrir, Son Goku etc.
May 8, 2016 1:01 AM

Jan 2016
Shit i also want OP Power poking a girls nipples xD omfg yes i can stop laughing hahahaha xD sure is a awesome episode! absolutely awesome xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 9, 2016 9:41 PM

Jun 2016
so.. im watching episode 3 and my friend comes over.. he sees son goku summon his nimbus cloud.. and the first thing he says is.. wow.. theyre totally ripping off dragon ball Z

***PALM TO FACE *****

dummy!

Its from a japanese legend & journey to the west.

i mean.. i get that most americans dont know much about japanese history..
but.. i think its smart in life to keep your mouth shut about things you dont know a lot about.
Jun 17, 2016 9:34 PM
Jun 2016
Why doesn't he have both dragon arms? Since he absorbed it in the second season shouldn't he have it still or am I missing something?
Jun 23, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2012
Go Flying Nimbus! Power Pole extend!

You know, after seeing the new God of War being in Norse mythology now, seeing that room filled with so many races made me want Kratos to appear.

I don't know why, but Loki reminded me of D'Arby.

lol at Tannin losing it because of what Issei is doing.

Issei tried to limit himself by choosing one side to poke. I thought of doing both at the same time from the start. He has much to learn.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 9, 2016 11:40 PM
Dec 2015
"While I'm smacking this monkey around, you guys smack that p**sy" I laughed so hard at that :'D

The one drawback that I hate about this show is that in the middle of a fight they make it less intense with Issei's pervish antics and then he can't choose when in the middle of a damn battle. It just takes away from the entire fight and you can't take it seriously. I would have been fine with Rias's breasts being the source of activation but the whole can't decide thing was just stupid. That asside the balance breaker being unleashed was awesome. Can't wait to see what Issei is able to do in that form when he actually fights.
Nov 9, 2016 11:45 PM
Dec 2015
Monad said:
CLBGM said:
Son Goku, holy crosier and flying on a cloud... So is he a parody, reference or a blatant copy of Dragon Ball? Please tell me :D

Even his armor looks a little like the Sayan armor if you look carefully.

I'm a huge DBZ fan so I thought it looked like saiyan armor as well.
Nov 10, 2016 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Oh boy Issei, the old problem again huh? Left or right xD
Feb 4, 2017 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
lol great foreshadowing from previous episode for the power up. Why didn't he falcon punch the sister already, but I guess for more plot...
May 30, 2017 3:23 AM

Aug 2013
I was seriously laughing my ass of towards the latter part of this episode. Definitely enjoyed it lol
Dec 22, 2017 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
As schmut and shameless as this series is, it also actually cares about the girls in the harem. They actually have their own individual personalities without being too tropey, while having their own backstory and struggles, and not automatically falling for the main character
Apr 12, 2018 3:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Loki and his pet was the soul of the party!!! kekeke
Touch both, touch both Ç"bells"! Great Issei!!! kekeke
Apr 28, 2020 2:13 PM

Mar 2010
Ah yes poke them nipplez Twas the best part honestly.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 10, 2021 12:46 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
LEFT OR RIGHT??!!! Wait... BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY???!!! This dude’s a MADMAN

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 17, 2022 4:18 PM

May 2008
Kind of a useless superpower... I mean it's awesome, he heads off to battle with the memory of Rias' breasts fresh in his pervy mind, but what if she's not available?

Is the power only associated with Rias' hooters? or can he use another set of breasts?

What if the only set of headlights available is Koneko? Does he only get 25% of the power?

🤔 Inquiring minds want to know 🤔
Apr 16, 2023 1:57 AM
May 2017
Stupid from beginning to the end.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

341 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.