Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2015 5:00 AM

Dec 2009
Welcome to the magical help desk of enchanted pixels!
Here you can find the FAQ (which will be updated in due time) and the help of our stunningly beautiful staff which can answer even the most complicated questions if you need it.

Frequently Asked Questions

But that’s not all. Are you unsatisfied with how the procedures here at EP are done? Then don’t hesitate to offer constructive suggestions and tips to us. It's status (in work, in consideration and declined) is displayed down below.

Suggestions

LuziferMar 26, 2018 8:30 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2015 6:06 PM

Jun 2013
Okay, A question. Can you make Gif Avatars, and place Gifs inside of the Signatures?
Apr 24, 2015 12:05 AM

Dec 2009
Azurea said:
Okay, A question. Can you make Gif Avatars, and place Gifs inside of the Signatures?

Yes we can, but when you like to have a GFX Picture with a Gif it will lower the quality of the Picture.
Apr 24, 2015 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
Okay, now how about a suggestion this time.

Why not try making things other than forum sets, and display pictures?

How about something like 1 Custom Card (Something like a Member card?).
Or, a delivery banner for people who deliver cards, newsletters, etc.
Apr 25, 2015 2:00 AM

Dec 2009
We will think about it =)
Apr 25, 2015 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
Another Question then, in the case of the new Special Rule... Would the work still be considered "In Use" if we are using it in a Signature Rotator?
Apr 25, 2015 12:33 PM

Dec 2009
Azurea said:
Another Question then, in the case of the new Special Rule... Would the work still be considered "In Use" if we are using it in a Signature Rotator?

Yes. It's in use after all, even if it's rotating and not always visible.
Apr 25, 2015 4:32 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Would making a chat thread help with the club?
It would probably stop the flooding of the comment section if that is a problem :)
Apr 26, 2015 2:20 AM

Dec 2009
Zelot said:
Would making a chat thread help with the club?
It would probably stop the flooding of the comment section if that is a problem :)

I don't think it's necessary :3
Apr 27, 2015 12:14 PM

Nov 2013
Hey.

Any chance some people would be willing to do like a step by step or tut' for one of their profile layout? Even an old one. I am struggling and I don't think there are many resources around that (Though I do realize it's the same tech used in sigs and stuff, and I can get ideas/find how to organize it by watching the work of others. But I am struggling, so if eeeever someone happens to have too much time on his hands ...)
Apr 28, 2015 7:23 AM

Dec 2009
Ara_ said:
Hey.

Any chance some people would be willing to do like a step by step or tut' for one of their profile layout? Even an old one. I am struggling and I don't think there are many resources around that (Though I do realize it's the same tech used in sigs and stuff, and I can get ideas/find how to organize it by watching the work of others. But I am struggling, so if eeeever someone happens to have too much time on his hands ...)

When I make a profile it takes 2-3 weeks for me to finish it, you can imagine how much time it would take to do a tutorial about it. It's as you say, it's not really different from making a signature in big form. I would even say that it's much easier to make a profile than a signature because you have space to let your imagination run free.
We could help you with your profile and give you advice but a whole tutorial is a little bit too much for us and aside from that there is the possibility that the profile won't cover what you have in mind, you can do so many things in PS! And the main thing is: everyone has his/her own way of making a profile - when I show you may way it could be useless for you because you are unfamiliar with masks or adjustments.

And for me the golden keys to every profile I made so far were the adjustment layers and masks. I show you a profile from me without any adjustment layers:
The Original: http://sylinchen.deviantart.com/art/Sword-Art-Online-507423816
Without adjustment layers: http://www.sylinchen.de/adjust.png
Of course filters can be your friends too! For example the highpass filter makes your profile looks more sharp when you set the layer to overlay.
Apr 29, 2015 3:27 AM

Dec 2009
I hope no one minds me reading the tips even tho it's not replied to me x.x

So, hello c:

Just wondering, is it possible to make high-quality layouts without the use of Topaz (because I haven't installed mine yet), or is it really mandatory?

Big Vers.
Apr 29, 2015 3:45 AM

Mar 2014
Hi~!
I'm new to this club so I'll be under your care~

May I know how to do those adjustment Sylinchen-sama?
Well, never played with color adjustment except Hue and Saturation before..
Apr 29, 2015 3:54 AM

Dec 2009
mcxynth said:
I hope no one minds me reading the tips even tho it's not replied to me x.x

So, hello c:

Just wondering, is it possible to make high-quality layouts without the use of Topaz (because I haven't installed mine yet), or is it really mandatory?

Depends on what you see as high quality. Depending on how you use topaz it can destroy an image too. As long as you use good quality resources, it should be mandatory. I never use topaz on layouts. Just maybe to clean a render beforehand.
Apr 29, 2015 7:04 AM

Dec 2009
Isa__ said:
Depends on what you see as high quality. Depending on how you use topaz it can destroy an image too. As long as you use good quality resources, it should be mandatory. I never use topaz on layouts. Just maybe to clean a render beforehand.
Oh I see. Destroy, huh? After playing around with it after I just installed it, I understand your point. Thank you so much for answering my question. ^^

Big Vers.
Apr 29, 2015 11:26 PM

Dec 2009
TenzoNakamiXD said:
Hi~!

I don't know which photoshop version you have but usually they are on the right panel above the layer panel -> http://design.tutsplus.com/articles/a-basic-guide-to-photoshop-cs4-adjustment-layers--psd-4381
Apr 30, 2015 8:25 AM

Nov 2013
Thanks for the tips Syl. Well ... I really need to sit down a week end or so to actually get something going on.
Apr 30, 2015 4:27 PM

Mar 2014
Sylinchen said:
TenzoNakamiXD said:
Hi~!

I don't know which photoshop version you have but usually they are on the right panel above the layer panel -> http://design.tutsplus.com/articles/a-basic-guide-to-photoshop-cs4-adjustment-layers--psd-4381

I used the CS6 version of Photoshop.
Anyway Sylinchen-sama, will you teach me to those fancy lights?
Really, that candy-looking lights make me drool :3

And oh, what I mean is how you could make it so that only parts of your Image get Adjusted? Do you use Clipping Mask?
May 1, 2015 3:49 AM

Dec 2009
I will make you an psd file with simple light effects after the weekend because I have no photoshop at the moment. Not quite, I selected the mask on the adjustment layer at draw with the pencil tool on it. black= invisble white = visible
May 1, 2015 4:30 PM

May 2012
Should there be something in the FAQ about renders? A lot of requests are just regular images.
May 2, 2015 1:22 AM

Dec 2009
Do you mean something like we prefer working with renders?
May 2, 2015 2:17 AM

Dec 2009
Ryugen said:
Should there be something in the FAQ about renders? A lot of requests are just regular images.

I don't see a need. As long as the images have acceptable quality, it's okay. It widens the possibility of the requesters providing an image for what they want. I don't think rendering an image yourself is a problem.
May 2, 2015 4:49 PM

May 2012
I just mean that a lot of users may not know what renders are. I'm fine with static images, but it doesn't hurt to add it in the FAQ.
May 3, 2015 1:11 AM

Dec 2009
Feel free to add this the way you want it :3
May 4, 2015 10:17 AM
May 4, 2015 6:00 PM

Aug 2014
Usually,

What is the approximate/average time that it takes for one of the staff in this club to make someone their new Profile/Avatar/Signature?
May 4, 2015 10:22 PM
Apr 2013
Tehqo said:
Usually,

What is the approximate/average time that it takes for one of the staff in this club to make someone their new Profile/Avatar/Signature?

Well for me personally it all depends on the picture I'm using and since we're talkin about requests and stuff. I have to figure out what to make of the picture/render provided. I never start something for myself when I have no idea or inspiration. So doing requests and stuff always takes a bit longer cuz of the pressure of it having to be good enough for the person to like it. But making an avatar never takes up alot of time, it takes me 5 mins to do that or max 10 if am trying to experiment. Profile pictures can take me 30 mins, sometimes more and sometimes less. Signatures are a different story, they can take me up to an hour to complete and sometimes even more. Well ofcourse these aren't the exact numbers cuz I do ragequit alot of times if I'm not satisfied and start all over again. So thats why it can take a really long time to complete something. But usually it's something along those lines.

Forum Set by Moi||T.C.O.||R.A.C.E.

May 5, 2015 7:26 AM

May 2012
Tehqo said:
Usually,

I take around 1-2 hours. Although, that's usually because I try to do new things and get anal about the small details. It's fun :)
May 5, 2015 8:06 AM

Dec 2009
Tehqo said:
Usually,

I don't know. It varies, really. But if I have a good day, it takes around 2-3 hours? Maybe somewhat longer, because I tend to get distracted by other things easily and get back to PS later.. orz
May 5, 2015 8:10 AM

Dec 2009
Same as Isa. so I'm spending 80% of my PS time looking/searching for good music.
May 5, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2014
Ryugen said:

get anal about the small details. It's fun :)

Alrighty then.
May 6, 2015 1:10 AM

May 2012
Tehqo said:
Ryugen said:

get anal about the small details. It's fun :)

Alrighty then.

I... It's not like that...
May 8, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
Okay, I have four questions..you ready? ;D

Sylinchen said:
@TenzoNakamiXD: here are simple lights effects: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/c5a38f1745/lights.psd

1) Okay my first question - Would you possibly make a thread for psd files like these that show simple effects?

2) Secondly - When you use pictures (like the above one for example), is your main strategy to enhance the lights that are already in the picture (using like brush tool and linear dodge)? Or do you tend to bring in light effects from other pre-made images (Example) and put them on top?

3) WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET THESE BEAUTIFUL PICS??? *W*

4) And, does anyone use the pen tool ever? If so what for?

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

May 8, 2015 12:34 PM

Dec 2008
Personally I use pen tool for rendering
May 9, 2015 1:49 AM

Dec 2009
1. Opening a thread with PSD files isn't a problem but I don't think it would be that much helpful to put random stuff in there thats already on the internet. I would rather upload something that people ask me about.

2. It differs from work to work, but the best idea is always to enhance the lights on the render/picture that are already in it. It looks more naturally and we people tend to like that. Making a artifical light source is by the way not that easy. I usually work with both ~ my own lights and premades.

3. http://www.zerochan.net/

4. The pen tool is mainly used for vectoring,rendering and text formation.
Vector wallpaper-- > http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/456362. My Border sigs are also made with the pen tool.
Text --> http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/type-on-a-path/
May 9, 2015 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
Just two quick questions.. :>

1. Do you use a lot of custom brushes? If so, where do you download most of them..?
2. How do you create flares? xD
:::|| ---A N I M E L I S T--- || ---M A N G A L I S T--- || ---S I G N A T U R E S--- || ---C A R D S--- ||:::
May 9, 2015 2:08 PM
Apr 2013
Porofy said:
Just two quick questions.. :>

1. Do you use a lot of custom brushes? If so, where do you download most of them..?
2. How do you create flares? xD

1: Personally I don't use alot of custom brushes, you can download brushes on Deviantart.

2: There are flare packs that you can download on Deviantart.

Forum Set by Moi||T.C.O.||R.A.C.E.

May 10, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2012
Sylinchen said:
The pen tool is mainly used for vectoring,rendering and text formation.

Do you find the pen tool to be easier for rendering, instead of one of the lasso tools?

If I may ask, what do you personally believe to be your best work? :)

What do you search for on Zerochan to get those "cityscape" backgrounds, like the one in the club layout for example?
AkieMay 10, 2015 3:03 PM

May 10, 2015 9:04 PM

Jun 2013
A question: Will you guys ever capitalize the E and P in the club name?
The lowercase is driving me crazy. @w@
May 10, 2015 9:22 PM

Dec 2009
Akie said:
Sylinchen said:
The pen tool is mainly used for vectoring,rendering and text formation.

Do you find the pen tool to be easier for rendering, instead of one of the lasso tools?

If I may ask, what do you personally believe to be your best work? :)

What do you search for on Zerochan to get those "cityscape" backgrounds, like the one in the club layout for example?

1. When the picture has a white background for example the lasso tool is indeed easier to use. But for pictures like that: http://www.zerochan.net/1840620 you need the pen tool.

2. I never thought about it, but I'm the kind person that is never satifisted with her works.

3. I use google and search for "fantasy landscape" but the backgrounds I have were in Community packs.
May 10, 2015 10:10 PM

Jul 2012
Azurea said:
A question: Will you guys ever capitalize the E and P in the club name?
The lowercase is driving me crazy. @w@

It's all part of the aesthetics imo. You just have to look at it that way instead of from a spelling standpoint.

May 10, 2015 10:24 PM
May 14, 2015 10:33 AM

Mar 2015
What if we couldnt find a good photo of the person we wanted in the signature/avatar? Like odagiri Nene for example?
May 14, 2015 10:53 AM

Mar 2010
raiputz said:
What if we couldnt find a good photo of the person we wanted in the signature/avatar? Like odagiri Nene for example?

Then that's unfortunate but can't be solved by us. As we're a GFX club and not a drawing club the only solution is to find another character with better picture resources
May 14, 2015 11:00 AM

Mar 2015
-Luzifer- said:
raiputz said:

Then that's unfortunate but can't be solved by us. As we're a GFX club and not a drawing club the only solution is to find another character with better picture resources

Not to be rude or anything but could you find a good picture?
May 14, 2015 11:04 AM
May 14, 2015 11:36 AM

Mar 2015
Sylinchen said:
Try to look here; http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=504129

Yup its still looking quite hopeless here and i thought that yamada-kun and the 7 witches was popular?
May 14, 2015 12:17 PM
Mar 2014
What about making Cards? i would love to have some cards made by you guys :)
May 14, 2015 11:52 PM

Dec 2009
Sorry raiputz we have the same pictures sources that you used. I think you should go for another character.

A special card here and there might be possible, but generally we are not going to make cards because MAL has enough Card Clubs.
May 15, 2015 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
raiputz said:
Sylinchen said:
Try to look here; http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=504129

Yup its still looking quite hopeless here and i thought that yamada-kun and the 7 witches was popular?

yamada isn't that popular. the manga is quite obscure compared to other shounen of the same magazine, so it gets overshadowed.

does this image look ok to you?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Profile Pictures Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sylinchen - Apr 18, 2015

1528 by _Gin »»
Jan 3, 4:01 AM

Sticky: » Avatar Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sylinchen - Apr 18, 2015

1215 by _Gin »»
Jan 3, 4:00 AM

Sticky: » Signature Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sylinchen - Apr 18, 2015

1306 by _Gin »»
Jan 3, 3:49 AM

Sticky: » Finished Graphics ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sylinchen - Apr 22, 2015

1387 by Bunnyama »»
Dec 20, 2023 3:46 PM

Sticky: » EP Staff Recruitment | OPEN

Luzifer - Jul 3, 2017

6 by Taiyaki »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.