Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 21, 2015 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
Amazing episode, and Tsumugi is so cute. The final scene of the episode was brutal.
Apr 21, 2015 11:03 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, Tsumugi is so moe. That tentacle scene was hilarious.

What happened to Kobayashi? That ending scene was insane, did not expect that coming.

Sidonia went full on Parasyte and its fucking awesome. Sequel of the season so far
Apr 22, 2015 5:48 AM

Nov 2013
2 weeks later I still don't get the Parasyte comparisons.
Apr 22, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
Tsumugi is really quite cute haha
Apr 22, 2015 7:52 PM

Jul 2012
ughhh so beautiful as a manga-reader ;W;

but yeah so amazing. i'm really liking where this is going!

GARBrotato said:
2 weeks later I still don't get the Parasyte comparisons.

well, kunato and his assistant got taken over by parasytes i guess
Apr 22, 2015 9:17 PM
Dec 2014
Oh my fucking god! Man its been years since the last time I felt so excited about an anime god fucking love it man... Hoshijiro gauna version, kind of moe idk... And the best scene i've waiting for since the first season, someone killing the immortal council... man its felt gooooood :3 (sry for my bad english btw... its not my mother tongue teehee)
Apr 23, 2015 3:20 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, so many amazing things happened, but the Tentacle grope from Hoshi clone tops all

Poor counsel, I hope this still makes room for more story than just this season
Apr 23, 2015 5:46 AM

Jul 2013
Tsumugi's penis(?) so fucking MOE!!!

Can't believe I'd say that in a show like this.. I don't even say that on moe shows

Those tentacle sex innuendo though... Izana looked like she had just experienced her first anal.

The ending was brutal! Pretty much a coup d'etat
Apr 23, 2015 6:25 AM

Oct 2008
Deymn! that Hybrid is uber strong! and seems to have an attachment to Nagate.
Both Izana and Nagate were tentacle raped! haha!
The Immortal council were all slaughtered because of their arrogance!
Captain Kobayashi has her own conspiracy??!? wonder if she would team-up with Kunato.
But i think Kunato has his own plans.

Apr 23, 2015 6:34 AM

Apr 2014
Tsugumi is so adorable.
Apr 23, 2015 7:06 AM

Mar 2014
Wow they improve a lot, the first season I was bit unimpressed but now I like it a lot (although I still don't like Tanikaze)
Apr 23, 2015 11:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They're clearly doing some stuff differently than in the manga now, but that might not be a bad thing. I hope the director/screenwriter have a clear direction. It seems they're in bit of a hurry right now. Having said that, they truly have made Tsumugi justice and she's gonna deliver a lot of joy to everyone.

Sound effects are unmatched in anime as usual.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 23, 2015 12:15 PM

Nov 2013
Farabeuf said:
They're clearly doing some stuff differently than in the manga now, but that might not be a bad thing. I hope the director/screenwriter have a clear direction.
One of the latest manga chapters said that the anime would be different; expect an anime original ending. Kinda too late for them to fix the timeline anyway, if they wanted to go back and stick to the manga. I'm curious about what they have in store for us tbh, the anime original content in S1 was pretty cool after all.
Apr 23, 2015 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
GARBrotato said:
One of the latest manga chapters said that the anime would be different; expect an anime original ending.

Prooflink?
Apr 23, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2012
MKusanagi said:
GARBrotato said:
One of the latest manga chapters said that the anime would be different; expect an anime original ending.

Prooflink?

http://bato.to/read/_/312913/sidonia-no-kishi_v15_ch72_by_habanero-scans/23
Apr 23, 2015 1:01 PM

Nov 2013
MKusanagi said:
GARBrotato said:

Prooflink?

It says some developments will be different. This is vague and could mean either events rearrangement, anime original content/ending, or a combination of both.

Edit: Ninja'd.
Apr 23, 2015 6:37 PM

Aug 2010
Tsumugi best girl. She's so damn cute. So much cuter than most anime girls and she doesn't even have a human like appearance.
Apr 23, 2015 7:57 PM

Apr 2015
Kinda reminds me of Houman from Muromi-san. I think I like the trope of giving cute voices to non-human characters.
Low personal standards for how you spend your free time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPoucb2tAbI&index=1&list=PLBs9zRxK-93550LTq7tZqT1FOe1j7WVOP

You could do worse. Not much, but still...
Apr 24, 2015 2:00 AM

Aug 2008
Moe Gauna. Holy shit Capt Kobayashi.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 24, 2015 8:11 AM

May 2012
I finished watch the two epsiodes today, and it way better than than anything in the 1st season. They killed all of these immortal council members.

Also, the OP song is good
Apr 24, 2015 9:53 PM

Dec 2013
Two weeks into this and I'm wondering why there are still so few people here.

The show is really one of the best sci-fi series in quite a while, and yet it feels like no ones really that interested. I'm kinda disappointed.

Tsumugi feels like a proper child, I like the curious nature that she has for everything, specifically Tanikaze. Her speech was kinda funny in all honesty, it was like watching a 4 year old recite the declaration of independence when her favorite boy comes walking into the room. The way she was swaying around in excitement was hilarious!

Can't wait to watch episode 3 now.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 24, 2015 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, so many things can go wrong, she's a chimera. They have bad reputations. Shocking ending
Apr 25, 2015 12:26 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Great episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 25, 2015 5:50 AM

Dec 2010
Huh, the Council sure had nothing to back their confidence with(as I suspected in the first place). But I can't fully agree with Kobayashi as she's obviously co-operating with a dangerous guy even if she doesn't suspect that he's Ochiai.
Apr 25, 2015 10:45 AM

Oct 2012
Ok, I take it they used Hoshijiro-Ena heart (maybe even her brain) to make that Chimera. Though, technically, she would be still just gauna, right?

I find Tsumugi interesting character though, it's obvious that she resembles Hoshijiro in many ways.
Wonder what her further interactions with Tanikaze will be.

But I'm bit lost there. It's clear three of them - Mozuku, Norio and Tahiro are controled by Nematodes (worms) - or whatever that is. But why Mozuku adressed Norio as Ochiai-sama in the first episode? And why is captain cooperating with Nagato family when they were put into discrace in the last season? Why would she approve of Ochiai's chimera research in the first place? Did she do that only to remove immortal council and save herself?

Also, what role does have Izana's grandma Shinatose Yure in this? How did she persuaded captain and why did she even obeyed Kunato? Was retreival of Ochia's memories Yure did enough for her? And what about cloned Ochiai, why did they freed him in the end to have his vengeance? What use is him now to them (rather than potential threat) when they transfered all of his memories to ship supercomputers already?

So many answers...
Apr 25, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2013
Mich666 said:
Ok, I take it they used Hoshijiro-Ena heart (maybe even her brain) to make that Chimera. Though, technically, she would be still just gauna, right?
No, and no she's a chimera not a gauna. She has the physical abilities of gauna but the mentality and emotions of a human.

As for how she was created:

Mich666 said:
But I'm bit lost there. It's clear three of them - Mozuku, Norio and Tahiro are controled by Nematodes (worms) - or whatever that is. But why Mozuku adressed Norio as Ochiai-sama in the first episode?
As it is implied in the anime, Ochiai took over Kunato's brain/body. That isn't Kunato right now.

Mich666 said:
And why is captain cooperating with Nagato family when they were put into discrace in the last season?
She doesn't hate Nagate or Hiro, she was forced to make him participate in every mission (equivalent of a death sentence given the survival rate) because of the immortal council peeps. But they are kill now so no need for Nagate to suffer.

[quote=Mich666]Why would she approve of Ochiai's chimera research in the first place? Did she do that only to remove immortal council and save herself?[/spoiler]To fight the gigantic gauna hive that's in Sidonia's path a few million light years ahead. They need more power and the Chimera research is exactly that.

Mich666 said:
Also, what role does have Izana's grandma Shinatose Yure in this? How did she persuaded captain and why did she even obeyed Kunato? Was retreival of Ochia's memories Yure did enough for her? And what about cloned Ochiai, why did they freed him in the end to have his vengeance? What use is him now to them (rather than potential threat) when they transfered all of his memories to ship supercomputers already?
Shinatose Yure is one of the most important scientists in Sidonia; she is the one who engineered humans with photosynthesis which helped greatly in rebuilding Sidonia's population after the 4th defense war (there were barely ~500 survivors after that war). The Captain trusts Yure and her research and they've been working together for over a hundred years, so it shouldn't be too difficult for Yure to persuade the Captain. Not sure about why Yure listened to Kunato though.
The clone is under perfect control so there's no risk whatsoever from having him, he's a useful asset overall so not sure why they'd off him. Also they didn't transfer the data anywhere; they just managed to reach it since it was locked away in Ochiai's brain (unless I mixed up something).
BotatoApr 25, 2015 11:14 AM
Apr 25, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2012
Fully expecting the Chimera chick to die later on so I'll hold off getting too attached to her adorableness :(
Apr 25, 2015 8:12 PM

Feb 2013
I've never seen tentacle action quite like that before.

So those weird heads-in-charge had bodies too.
Apr 27, 2015 12:53 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode. And that ending was awesome.

Tsumugi is so moe. And now I'm worried that she's going to die, knowing this show.
Apr 28, 2015 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
Man this season is so fucking badass and that final scene made me giggle snd awe in excitement.
May 3, 2015 5:34 AM

May 2014
Tsumugi's smile and giggle is the product of rainbows

Personally I'm just glad Sidonia has something else as OP as Tanikakaze, and she's a cutie to boot. Also unless someone has proof the MC and his Unisex "girlfriend" didn't just get penetrated by what looks to be new best girl, I call canon on that.
May 3, 2015 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
It hurts to see Hoshijiro has been turned into a moe Gauna.

Good to see the "Immortals" are eliminated and rightly so. I don't like Kobayshi or Kunato-fraction at all, but I give my vote for doing what they did, at least for now.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2012
shanimebib said:
It hurts to see Hoshijiro has been turned into a moe Gauna.

This is wrong in so many levels...
May 3, 2015 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
So Tsumugi is essentially Eren. A Gauna/Titan hybrid facing deep mistrust and censure from the people they are designed/sworn to protect.
May 4, 2015 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
MKusanagi said:
Dat Kobayashi in this episode.

One does not simply remove Kobayashi. Damn this woman is awesome and hard core.

So is this Tsumugi Gauna mech using the Hoshijiro placenta girls memories maybe to form her personality?

MegaShadowFist said:
I feel so bad for Izana. Meeting Tsumugi must have been a very traumatic experience for her. Haha

I was not expecting the immortal council to be completely obliterated like that. Was Kobayashi infected with the parasite off-screen? I don't recall her ever getting infected, but it certainly seems like she has. I doubt that she would have completely gone off the deep-end like that out of her own free will. Or maybe she would. Who knows? I'm sure that they'll explain that later.

That was all Kobayashi as i can tell. The woman doesn't need some silly parasite infecting her to get rid of some dirt. The reason she took drastic measures was simply because the council was planning on taking authority from her and everything she did would have been ruined.
MonadMay 4, 2015 2:29 PM
May 5, 2015 1:00 AM

Jun 2014
WOW, they wasted NO time at all.
Time to start thinking motives!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 5, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not sure if I should be taking this series seriously. Nonetheless I give this ep a 3/5.
May 18, 2015 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
The episode without that little side comedy, would be perfect for me.
Perhaps some may even pleasure, I do not deny that I have a little smile I also see in the alien play Tanikaze and Isana, but given the gloomy atmosphere and the final bloody enough, I would not say that it was appropriate to show a similar with lyrics. Narration overall good, so also the texture, the pace is a little faster this time too, I just hope that not too summarize the story. The harem of Tanikaze expands in every direction, LOL!
Jul 6, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2014
Fantastic episode. The murder of the immortal council was a great scene, as was the introduction of the hybrid to Sidonia. It seems as though it has Hoshijiro's personality, perhaps?
Jul 12, 2015 12:41 AM

Dec 2012
Looks like a dick lol.

Finally the Immortal Council is gone.

Jul 24, 2015 8:44 AM

May 2012
Impressive development! I didn't expect that ending. Let's see what's next.
Jul 25, 2015 3:04 AM

Dec 2009
Tsumugi is surprisingly cute. Really laughed at Izana's reaction to the tentacle weirdness haha pretty my exact reaction.
Aug 1, 2015 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
Why did Kobayashi use the clone to kill the council if she's there anyways? Whats the point of hiding behind the door until they are dead? Was it simply because he could use whatever he did and they do not really have hand-held weapons?
Aug 28, 2015 1:46 AM

Dec 2013
So many questions from this but the most important one is.. Is Mozuku still missing a finger?!
Oct 28, 2015 4:17 AM

Oct 2007
talking penis alert!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2015 9:50 PM

Aug 2014
Nagate really just got tentacle molested lmao
Jan 1, 2016 8:56 AM
Dec 2014
Immortal council is not so immortal now, are they lol. Always hubris to claim immortality- empires come and go but the sand remains.
May 3, 2016 5:58 AM

Jul 2013
So who's really the villain here? Kunato stole Ochiai's research, infected some people with his virus thingy, and made a chimera. A chimera that was useful in the fight against the gauna. Then there are those stupid people lying in stone tombs plotting to replace Kobayashi. Then Kobayashi ordered Ochiai's clone to massacre those bitches. Kobayashi then appeared but this time not wearing her mask of which might I add is pointless in the first place because of the character design in this anime, everyone pretty much look like the same.

Still not sure what to feel about Tsumugi.
May 13, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2013
I guess the immortal crew wasnt as immortal as they thought they were.
I kinda liked the scene with Nagate and Hoshijiro ... uhm I mean Tsumugi, poor Izana though, getting attacked by tentacles.

And yes the mini version of Tsumugi kinda looked like a talking penis.
May 16, 2016 5:42 AM

May 2016
· An "artificial" Gauna with human feelings and obsessed with his "friend".
· A mad scientist who wants to develop a new, obscure and dangerous weapon that has self conscious and shares parts with the enemies.
· "Politicians" who want to obtain control, using whatever methods they have available.

I cannot foresee anything good...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

163 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

104 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

63 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

75 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.