Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for Apr 6 - 12

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 17, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2014
LordPerucho said:

Typical TGtard response.

Deku in just 39 chapters is already a better MC than Kaneki. Good job acting butthurt at someones opinion.

Again this fanbase is the same one that claims Tsukiyama is a great character(a poor Hisoka ripoff).

Are you actually for real? Are you reading what you are saying? I feel that i'm either being trolled or you are a "special" person. Anyway... eh, whatever.
Apr 17, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2011
People still read SnK manga? I'm surprised.
Apr 17, 2015 4:01 PM

Oct 2013
ainky said:

Keep hating hater. :P not everyone is interested with reading a pure action series like gantz. Which has gotten so boring, its all action in that series now. Sigh.
keragammingApr 17, 2015 4:05 PM
Apr 17, 2015 4:05 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
action seems to be popular. holding down that top 5.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Apr 17, 2015 4:23 PM

Oct 2014
TGtards are gonna tgtard. They are as bad fanbase as Miley Cyrus fanbase.

Dont worry TGtards, Nardo fans might reach ur level once Boruto comes out next week.

Kishis dream coming true, Sause and Nardo together(with their sons).

Apr 17, 2015 6:16 PM

Jul 2011
keragamming said:
ainky said:

Keep hating hater. :P not everyone is interested with reading a pure action series like gantz. Which has gotten so boring, its all action in that series now. Sigh.

Just because I said I'm surprised you went straight to my favorite list to write trash about another manga...Such wow. I'm not surprised.
Apr 17, 2015 7:07 PM

Sep 2013
ainky said:

They have to keep their image up, as an international success they can't just drop it cause it would look bad for Japan itself.
The 2nd half of season 2 is when it will self destruct and snk will be gone.
Apr 17, 2015 7:12 PM
Apr 2015
What is with all the hate in this thread. Face it SNK is really popular and still one of the highest selling manga and would probably be top 5 in manga sales this year. Stop hating on it and this is coming from a person that dropped SNK. And TG is really popular now, just face it, now what happens in the future don't know. Stop trying to compare it to Bleach and Bleach was a huge success, it sold close to 90 million in sales which is very good and if TG can do that, its pretty good.
Apr 18, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2012
Mods, please... is there a mod in the house? News threads are completely useless these days. Thanks guys, you know who you are, for ruining what was once a good place to discuss sales.
Apr 18, 2015 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
This is more like "Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Thrashings" thread.

Glad for Kyoukai Senjou, Heavy Object and Oregairu sales. (I need to catch up with my Kyoukai Senjou weekly reading ;_;)

But i wonder, is the listed Mondaiji volume a sidestory of vol 11 ? or is it the 12th volume ? Because i'm pretty sure the title is different from vol 11 of last year
Apr 18, 2015 8:49 PM
Jun 2014
LordPerucho said:
TGtards are gonna tgtard. They are as bad fanbase as Miley Cyrus fanbase.

Dont worry TGtards, Nardo fans might reach ur level once Boruto comes out next week.

Kishis dream coming true, Sause and Nardo together(with their sons).

Ok, this isn't your personal blog. Just fuck off to your shit hole or wherever retarded territory you came from.
Apr 18, 2015 9:14 PM

Nov 2007
LordBanana said:
But i wonder, is the listed Mondaiji volume a sidestory of vol 11 ? or is it the 12th volume ? Because i'm pretty sure the title is different from vol 11 of last year

There is no volume number included in the title for the most recent volume in the Bunko AND Light Novel sales list from Oricon Youtaiju. It is just titled "問題児たちが異世界から来るそうですよ? 軍神の進路相談です!".

I assume they got this volume number from the Japanese wiki, which labels it as Vol.11:
http://bit.ly/1D0PsBD
EjcApr 18, 2015 9:19 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 19, 2015 1:35 AM

Apr 2013
^which is a stupid way to count from the wiki considering the author doesn't even mention putting the volume YES! 箱庭の日常ですっ! as a special volume.

In most titles tanpenshuu are included in the count. The only numbering for the mondaiji series is the number on the side of the cover, which clearly include that volume as part of the series, putting the first series at 12 volumes including this one.

Mondaiji volumes titles don't include numbers directly. But like I said above, in Japan, there is a very simple way to know if the publisher consider a volume to be part of a series or not :

kadokawa sneakers bunko use a very simple way to number the volumes in a series. You can find it on the side of the volume. That numbering is made of 4 parts.
-First is the hiragana which is the beginning of the author name (in this case, TA (た) , since the author is Tatsunoko Tarou),
-then a number attributed together to just that author (since there is obviously more than author starting with Ta in this label. For Tatsunoko Tarou it's 3, so the code for tatsunoko tarou is therefore た-3 .
-Then we have a second line with two numbers. The first numbers is the series number from that author,
-the second is the volume number in that precise series. This is a system that you find a lot in japan with some variations (some publishers don't use a series number, like dengeki bunko). For the publishers using a series number, when the side stories are considered a separate series, the number of that series change. I have seen that several times (gosick, bannou kanteishi Q, and so on) among the books I own. And when the side stories volume are supposed to be part of the numbering, the number from that series doesn't change.

Looking at my volumes of Mondaiji, the volume YES! 箱庭の日常ですっ! is numbered "た-3 1-8" which means that the publisher is putting this volumes as the 8th volume from the series, and not a separate volume. I can take a picture from my phone if you have any doubt~
Mondaiji is the first series from that author. and the numbers goes from 1-1 to 1-12 and not 1-11 and 2-1.
The た-3 2-1 will be the volume out the 1st of June, which will be considered by the editor as a separate entry. If the tanpenshuu was as well, that volume in June would be a 3-1.

BTW, that volume isn't the only one with short stories, it's just the only one with only short stories, which show even more how stupid this is.

Rather than believing a mistake in the wikipedia page, how about believing the numbering from the editor itself? Furthermore, if the mod insist to number the last mondaiji volume 11, then that means that we need to create a new entry for mondaiji just for the volume 8 that you don't recognise as 8. Which is idiotic AFAIK.

Just as a reminder, this isn't the first time I point out this mistake from the news mods. Everytime since the volume 8 opf that series, the number in the sales report has been wrong. I already explained before why this should not be numbered that way. How about listening rather than continuing that mistake with every single new volume? Or do you want me to create a separate entry for mondaiji 8 then? How about being consistent between the news mod and the manga database mods around here?
ZefyrisApr 19, 2015 1:49 AM
Apr 19, 2015 1:48 AM

Jan 2014
DanMachi seems to be doing well :3
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 19, 2015 2:42 AM

Nov 2014
Damn...some people hate TG with such flaming passion to the point of it being laughable...anyways, I'm glad the series is selling very well
Apr 20, 2015 1:16 AM
Feb 2015
this being first time i actually check the weekly manga/LN sales post i'm kinda suprised seeing mondaiji on 9th place for the novels, i thought it was getting way less attention, bolsters my hope there might ever be another anime season adapted from it
Apr 20, 2015 3:34 PM

May 2014
I'm glad Kagerou Daze VI is selling well! Jin worked very hard to meet the deadline for the novel to the point that he actually didn't have the time to find a new place to stay before he missed his payment on his apartment so he had to live in his office, I hope by now he's found a place to stay.
Apr 22, 2015 12:17 AM
Apr 2015
LordPerucho said:
TG isnt even close to what HxH has sold despite the 34543452 hiatuses by Togashi.

Thanks for confirming TG fanbase is the worst fanbase today, full of brainless fools who believe Ishida writing is great when he is shit compared to Togashi, Arakawa, Nakaba, Ohba(See Root A).

Kaneki is an emo faggot compared to the likes of Guts, Kenshiro, Hippo, Yusuke, even worse than Nardo, Ichigo, Natsu.

Whoa, whoa.......finally made an Acc here yet already I see this ignorant post...?

You haven't read the manga properly, then. The fact you point to Root A anime as an argumentive point is enough proof.
TrashUtaApr 22, 2015 12:20 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

17 by 18927 »»
15 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
46 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
6 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.