Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
Jan 4, 2017 9:19 AM
May 2016
For me it would definitely be the first Naruto and Detective Conan, I got myself a figure of Conan in my second anime convention last year to celebrate nostalgy :P
Jan 4, 2017 9:20 AM

Oct 2014
outside of the more famous ones weirdly it is shaman king that was somewhat of a favorite at the time
Jan 4, 2017 9:27 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Wasnt no contest for me, Mimi was bae, Sora was... aite xD

I actually like her alot more in tri

Bandai doesn't exist anymore?

As a Japanese company they do. As a licencor in the USA that will like, let you show their stuff: No. They merged with the game company namco... and are like not a thing. Their stuff like ADV is hold under like... a holdings group like Asir holdings... ADV is now Sentai Filmworks... Which... are a pain in the butt to deal with...

The only companies that are nice to work with anymore are Crunchyroll, Funimation, Rightstuf.

Viz is neutral. You have to submit stuff way in advance but at least they let you show things.

Everyone else- yes, we will piss and moan if it is not available on Crunchy servers. Basically... we can't show classic mecha anime at all. *looks at Evangelion which has been in copyright hell* We can't show Gunbuster either. And I know you would prefer that ;) Yeah if there was an anime I could award "best titty bounce" it would be Gunbuster.

Ah I see lol, oh well, it happens

Lol for me thats difficult, although tawawa which just finished is a strong contender
Jan 4, 2017 8:43 PM

Mar 2016
First anime i can recall watching is Dance in the Vampire Bund, quite a strange one.
Offence or Defence, Passive or Violent.
I''ll cut my wrist until my heartbeat is silent.

Jan 4, 2017 10:07 PM
Aug 2014
My most remembered anime from my childhood are Pokemon, DBZ, Gundam, Yu Yu Hakasho, Bo bo bo bo bo bo bo, and Miyazaki films.
Jan 4, 2017 10:22 PM

Mar 2012
Pokemon and Cardcaptor Sakura was the starting point for me, then there was Fullmetal Alchemint (the old version), Black Jack, Fushigi Yuugi and of course not forgetting Kyo Kara Maoh which was better known as God(?) Save Our King! here, I watch it to this day.
Jan 15, 2017 8:26 AM
Nov 2016
Touhou, it wasn't an actual anime but it had a fanime. I watched it when I was 9 on YouTube. It was subbed.
このしりきりだ!
Jan 15, 2017 8:29 AM

Dec 2016
My "anime big-bang's" obviously; Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball/Z and Sailor Moon (during 1996-1997)
Jan 15, 2017 8:46 AM

Jun 2016
My childhood was indeed a golden age... the complete series of Voltes 5 blewed me away :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2017 11:44 AM

Jun 2015
It has to be Dragon Ball, a classic and part of my childhood.
Jan 23, 2017 4:36 AM

Sep 2016
Pokemon
Inuyasha
Detective Conan
though pokemon was the best one
Jan 23, 2017 4:40 AM

Jun 2016
grim fairy tale, princess sara, and doraemon. lol

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jan 23, 2017 4:41 AM

Jun 2016
HikiNEET021 said:
My childhood was indeed a golden age... the complete series of Voltes 5 blewed me away :)
how about chin-chan :D hehehe ... the golden ecchi anime hehe

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jan 23, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2015
I remember watching Sailor Moon when I was really young with my sister
Jan 23, 2017 8:02 AM

Dec 2015
Pokemon, Dragonball Z and Yugioh I suppose..

I used to love em! Now however, I have a really, really hard time watching any of those.. :/
Jan 23, 2017 8:04 AM

Dec 2012
Sadly I didn't watch any anime as a child :/
Only a few episodes of DBZ, Yu-gi-oh or Pokemon at most...
Jan 23, 2017 8:05 AM

Dec 2015
JonnyAkster said:
For me it has to be digimon, i loved the series and ive even watched the most recent data squad season out of curiosity.

I loved the first 3 seasons (up to digimon tamers) when i was younger, what anime reminds you guys the most of your childhood and why?

Same like mee.. XD also Ninja Hattori kun was my fav as well as a kid hehe.. Its been more than 17 years but I still remember they Lyric of the opening song in my language OMG rofl..
There are more like... Bu Bu Cha Cha.. or Chibi Maruko chan, Doraemon, Crayon Shinchan.. Card Captor Sakura, Captain Tsubasa, etc.. etc...
As I was growing older,, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Beyblade, Yu Gi Oh, some anime about Tamiya (I forget the tittle), Tokyo Mew Mew, Initial D, Detective Conan, Kekkaishi, Hikaru no Go, Inuyasha, HunterxHunter, Bleach etc.. etc.. a lottt...
EufieJan 23, 2017 8:37 AM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Jan 23, 2017 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
DBZ, Rurouni Kenshin, Tekkaman Blade, Yu Gi Oh are my top childhood anime. I remember them the best out of all the anime I saw as a kid and have rewatched and enjoyed them as an adult many times. I can watch DBZ's saiyan saga in English with Japanese soundtrack over and over and over again, same with Rurouni Kenshin's Kyoto arc. Rewatching Yu Gi Oh in original Japanese and Tekkaman Blade in Japanese gave me additional love for them.

I recently rewatched this scene and it was as good and as emotional as I remember it. It actually can still make me cry even at this stage.

I also recently just randomly started playing this soundtrack in my head and had to look up the episode on Youtube

@ 7:56

DrGeroCreationJan 23, 2017 8:28 AM
Jan 23, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2015
Digimon and Beyblade they were the best for me

Jan 23, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
Yuyu Hakusho and Little Women 2 (^_^)
Jan 23, 2017 10:10 AM

Jan 2016
pokemon,digimon,bakugan..............
Jan 23, 2017 12:01 PM
Jan 2016
Easy, Captain Tsubasa and Ranma 1/2 idk how many times I rewatched them.
Jan 23, 2017 1:14 PM
Jul 2015
Shaman King - loved it! I also watched few episodes of Pokemon, didn't like it though.
Jan 23, 2017 1:21 PM

Jan 2017
Bible Black was at the core of my childhood.
"Now, come here. So long as we hold hands, we won't be separated."
Jan 23, 2017 1:27 PM

Jan 2017
kamalashki said:
azoth212 said:
Bible Black was at the core of my childhood.

awh man i still sometimes go back to rewatch it
Yeah but then after watching spongebob I figured out I was watching an anime.
"Now, come here. So long as we hold hands, we won't be separated."
Jan 28, 2017 5:39 AM

Feb 2016
Pokémon.I always loved it so much and even the games.I also really liked Digimon very much or even Sailor Moon,Dedective Conan and Dragonball.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jan 28, 2017 5:55 PM

Mar 2016
My 1st Anime I've ever watched is Doraemon, I remembered watching it in our local channel every afternoon and I remembered to rush to home just to watch it. XD
Jan 29, 2017 3:55 AM

Jul 2013
It will be a tie between Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Pokemon and Digimon, since they were the animes I liked the most during my childhood, thus they are the most memorable ones for me.
Jan 29, 2017 4:03 AM

Sep 2013
DBZ, Pokemon, Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing, Cardcaptor Sakura, Shaman King, Digimon, and Saint Seiya
"I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target"
Jan 29, 2017 4:33 AM
Apr 2013
I only started watching anime when I was 16 actually, I didn't even know of its existence before then.
Jan 29, 2017 4:53 AM
Jan 2017
Captain tsubasa,ranma 1/2,slam dunk,little princess sara,digimon,romeo blue sky,macross and no one child remy
altho they were sort of modifed to fit the child audience so the ranma I watched for exemple had 0 ecchi and I had no Idea about the original...
BodkinMay 1, 2020 7:37 PM
Jan 29, 2017 5:02 AM

Jun 2016
Daggers said:
Captain tsubasa,ranma 1/2,slam dunk,little princess sara,digimon,romeo blue sky,macross and no one child remy

Great list add to it:treasure island,future boy Conan ,grendizer,tiger mask and baby and me.
Jan 29, 2017 5:18 AM
Jan 2017
bigmustache93 said:
Daggers said:

Great list add to it:treasure island,future boy Conan ,grendizer,tiger mask and baby and me.

Yep i actualy forgot those especialy future boy conan
Jan 29, 2017 5:48 AM

Jan 2017
Digimon, but i dont remember a thing exept i liked it
🙄
Jan 29, 2017 6:55 AM

Nov 2015
I remember Pokemon a lot especially the first season. I'm not updated with the ones after Misty left.
Jan 29, 2017 6:59 AM
Jan 2017
I remember watching astro boy a lot, it was good
Aug 15, 2017 9:56 PM
Dec 2016
Ok mine's a bit long but I basically grew up on anime and still remember most of them.

Conan,Thunder Jet, Captain Tsubasa, Slam dunk, All series of Digimon, Pokemon, Yugi-Oh!, Dragon Ball+Z, Lets&Go!, HXH, Beyblade, Future Boy Conan and much more, but these are the ones I can get on top off my head.
Aug 15, 2017 10:00 PM

Jul 2017
This is Hard to choose from all the 90s anime but I go for

Digimon
Rurounin Kenshin
YuYu Haskusho
Slam Dunk
Dragon Ball
Aug 24, 2017 5:08 PM
Jan 2017
These childhood shows got me into anime at a time when I didn't even realize I was watching it lol.

Pokemon- My sister brought a tape home(lol tapes) that had I think about three episodes on it, and we were like ohh what is this lol. I think I even remember the episodes. They were about Mankey, Sabrina the gym leader, and Vulpix. Thanks to that first foray into Pokemon we and our last sibling got wrapped into that world. We never watched it on tv. We kept buying tapes lol. We got the first three movies, and even went to see my Lugia baby in theaters, and got a mew card at the ticket stand. We also brought Pokemon snap, I choose you pickucu, and Pokemon stadium one and two.

However, our attention begin waning and thus Jotho was our last time in that world. I was never into it as strongly as them, and therefore was the first to let Pokemon go. Out of the three of us the one who started it all is the one who still occasionally dips her toe into that world. She buys the games like silver, black and white etc.I have no interest in Pokemon now,but Ash, Misty, and Brock's adventures were part of my childhood, and I will always appreciate that.

Digmon- caught adventure one on tv and was instantly enamored. It was like a darker pokemon in a way. Frontier was the last one for me.This show is what sold me on that a kid's show can have story arcs, and not just be episodic. I also appreciated that it was dark at times.

Sailormoon-absolutely took me over at the time lol. Again got into it because of a tape. I brought the Sailor Moon R movie on a whim with my allowance. We popped it in and became smitten. The theme song, the transformations, Fiore lol. We had to know more. We brought magazines about them, plushes, dolls, two more movies(super s and black dream hole), and watched the show up into the sailor saturn arc on tv. All three of us have long since left sailormoon and her scouts behind, but we appreciate their part in our childhood.

Cardcaptors - another tape find lol. Saw the episodes, and said yep found us another magical girl show to love. I watched all three movies and brought the Clow book and cards lol. I ended up as a adult doing a full binge rewatch in Japanese of it since apparently the english cut and rearranged things to strongly. It's just a really adorable and magical show that still stands the the test of time for me.

Dragonball Z- I'm not sure if I should even put this show since I only saw one episode, and that was enough to strongly let me know this anime was never for me. I do remember the theme song being catchy though. Dragon, Dragon Rock the dragon dragon ball z. lol
fantasynight04Aug 28, 2017 8:44 PM
Aug 24, 2017 5:11 PM

Jun 2016
Yuu Yuu Hakuso

I watch that since I was like 5 but never finish it.
Aug 24, 2017 5:18 PM

Aug 2016
Definitely InuYasha. I watched it every night on adult swim. Even when they gave if the shaft and gave it some like 2AM time slot I still waited up for it.
Aug 24, 2017 5:19 PM
Aug 2016
Pokemon. Even though I didnt like anime as a whole that much, I have some nice memories of that serie.
Aug 24, 2017 5:25 PM

Apr 2016
They remind me not only of my childhood, but of my dead grandparents as well, I used to watch them at their house (which would be my old house too).

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2225/Alps_no_Shoujo_Heidi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2571/Mitsubachi_Maya_no_Bouken

and 2 other ones, though I forgot their names here on MAL.
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Aug 24, 2017 5:39 PM

Dec 2012
The only one I watched during my childhood was this one:

"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Yesterday

84 by MeanMrMusician »»
5 seconds ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

15 by Serafos »»
1 minute ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 8 hours ago

15 by TRC_Randy »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 5 hours ago

15 by Serafos »»
24 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Yesterday

58 by WaffleMaster89 »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.