Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins: Original Sins Short Story Collection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2015 2:31 AM

Nov 2011
So that's how Escanor's power grows according to the time of the day..makes sense I guess.

Kinda interesting at how the demon clan was involved as well too in regards to the background story..
Mar 28, 2015 2:46 AM

Dec 2013
Wow Escanor is ridiculously op

Zeldris is Meliodas' little brother! Very interesting. I really need to hear more backstory!
Mar 28, 2015 3:18 AM

Jun 2009
Oh wow, Escanor is pretty cool. ^^

I kinda hope he makes an appearance in the main story soon now. :D
Mar 28, 2015 3:39 AM

Mar 2014
Escanor's stronger than any of the sins at full power? O_O
I wonder if this means Meliodas at full power+Demon release, hmmm.

I'm shocked that Nakaba revealed that Meliodas is the older brother to Zeldris.
It's cool, but damn it seems early, i thought it would be revealed when Zeldris finally met face to face with Meliodas for kind of a dramatic reveal, LOL, but i like this too.

Now the sins need Escanor more than ever if they even have a chance to fight the Demon Clan off their ass', which begs the question of his power level

>Vampire King with a PL of almost 5000
>Escanor vaporizes him without lifting a finger

Just a badass

Mar 28, 2015 3:45 AM

Aug 2010
*Fangasming at the moment*.....

Damn that was awesome :D

Escanor is too friggin HYPE!!!

"I am an existence unlike any other of this world the Lion sin of Pride LORD Escanor" FRIGGIN BA!!!

And his "U have greatly fouled my mood...boom" DAMN!!

Escanor's poem to Merlin was so nice. I wonder what happens when he reaches the peak? Merlin had to put him to sleep? Does he go out of control or sth??

And not just that but at the same Mel just caused a friggin hole in the earth like that O_o?! He definitely seemed serious there. Really want to know his relationship with Zeldris. He seemed really sad thinking of himself as a failure of an older brother :O

Ban actually doing 100k push ups that friggin quickly though XD And Gowther's entrance was so lol. It feels so weird seeing that huge armor posing like that LMAO XD

So time for Escanor to appear in the main story and WRECK the 10 commandments?

@Estarossa I'm pretty sure it was friggin obvious Mel is Zeldris's brother. Hell even Estarossa is probably his brother too.
Mar 28, 2015 3:57 AM

Jun 2009
Barion-Zara said:
I wonder what happens when he reaches the peak? Merlin had to put him to sleep? Does he go out of control or sth??

I don't think he goes out of control, he probably just becomes so powerful he starts just oozing power and it has a bad effect on eeeeverything within a huge area. ^^

Hell, if he's that powerful just a bit after dawn, how monstrous is he at noon?

They probably have to revert him back to Escapoor just so he doesn't passively cook everyone with 3 miles at Noon. ^^
Mar 28, 2015 4:13 AM

Apr 2013
Woooooah. Based fricking Escanor.
Mar 28, 2015 5:11 AM

Mar 2014
Barion-Zara said:
@Estarossa I'm pretty sure it was friggin obvious Mel is Zeldris's brother. Hell even Estarossa is probably his brother too.

Yeah, i know, but having ACTUAL confirmation about it is another thing :P

Mar 28, 2015 5:32 AM

Aug 2010
Pringer said:
Hell, if he's that powerful just a bit after dawn, how monstrous is he at noon?

Yeah now that u think about it, it's barely been an hour after sunrise :O And he was this HAX already owning a 5K PL with his aura only XD

He does seem like he's aging too right? I wonder if his bearded poster version is what he looks like just before noon? I want to see him in old man BA mode >.<

Btw was I the only one who thought the count up to 100k was actually Escanor's power level at first? LOL
Barion-ZaraMar 28, 2015 6:12 AM
Mar 28, 2015 5:56 AM

May 2013
Shipping Escanor and Merlin. Calling it.

But seriously, so BA.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 28, 2015 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
Finally we got the conclusion. It was pretty awesome as expected. I hope they expand more on Escanor's power. It's interesting, but I don't want the explanation to end at just "he was born with it." That be kinda lame.
Mar 28, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2015
wow~!
so basically his power is like a sun....
makes sense tho'.....
so that's why he's weak at midnight

but there's still so much mystery with his power...
is it really a natural born power ?

also i'm curious about merlin's power even more....

i bet there'll be many escanor fans from now on..

Mar 28, 2015 3:52 PM

Jul 2007
SweetCoconut said:
Shipping Escanor and Merlin. Calling it.

I think it's a little late to call it since they've made Escanor's overflowing interest in Merlin and his current lack of a rival so apparent.

In any case, I wonder if Ban would have any luck trying to absorb Escanor's strength while the sun rises. xD Seriously crazy OP.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Mar 29, 2015 12:35 AM

Sep 2013
Escanor is easily my favorite sin already. Dear god what a prideful badass

He might as well be a main character after he goes sunshine mode
Mar 29, 2015 6:08 AM
Dec 2014
Escanor is my favorite character by far.
Mar 29, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
Escanor is the best, already my favorite sin. He seriously needs to show up in the main story now.
Mar 29, 2015 2:26 PM

Jul 2012
God, I love this manga. Yet again I'm facing a dilemma of choosing my favourite sin o,o
Mar 29, 2015 4:22 PM

Mar 2012
Nice flashbacks, we are getting to know the story even better and that's amazing, it's not every mangaka that explores the story this much.
And since it's a flashback it seems like Escanor is going to appear soon, these flashbacks usually happen followed by the first appearance of the character the author was aiming at. I hope so because the Ten Commandments seem to be extremely strong, even though they said themselves that they were weakened o_O

Now here goes my theory: Escanor was the one who destroyed Danafor, not Meliodas.
As we could see in this chapter, Escanor would do a huge crater on the ground after "exploding", using his power. We haven't seen Meliodas doing that, or at least not that easily.

Let's see what happens next. Now I'm hyped.
Mar 29, 2015 10:40 PM
Feb 2015
This feeling, when he was your sunshine for last two chaps, and then it turns out to be his power xD

He's my favorite sin actually, too. I want him in manga fast <3
Mar 29, 2015 11:54 PM

Aug 2010
@b1GZZ I actually think that was Mel who caused the crater. He agreed to killing the vampire with a serious as hell face. From what I got...Escanor caused the flower like exploded castle and Mel cause the crater. Two different stuff going on at the same time.
Mar 30, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2008
Barion-Zara said:
@b1GZZ I actually think that was Mel who caused the crater. He agreed to killing the vampire with a serious as hell face. From what I got...Escanor caused the flower like exploded castle and Mel cause the crater. Two different stuff going on at the same time.

Agreed. And Zeldris said he sensed Mel's power from the crater.
Mar 31, 2015 4:09 AM

Mar 2014
I'm surprised that Meliodas agreed to kill the vampire. Was the hole really necessary?
Mar 31, 2015 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder how long this battle took because Escanor got really big pretty quickly!
G_Spark233Apr 3, 2015 2:15 AM
Apr 2, 2015 10:16 PM

Feb 2012
Don't underestimate the power of a sun bro.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2015 8:13 PM

Sep 2013
I don't like Escanor. He doesn't seems to fit in the 7DS, but welp, what can you do...
Apr 5, 2015 5:15 PM
Dec 2014
Why does he not fit in?
Apr 12, 2015 2:13 PM
Jan 2013
Barion-Zara said:

With the crater now seen by 10 commandements is seemingly made by meliodas, is there any connection with appearance of "old meliodas" in edinburgh? or "Old Meliodas" is with them the entire time but I'm too stupid to see?
Apr 13, 2015 4:05 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Thread moved
Mar 21, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2008
They better find this guy quickly because they need his power to face those demons.

Vampires really are weak in this universe though if even their king isn't even close to a demons power. He must have shit for brains rebelling against the demons with so little power.
Mar 5, 2018 2:46 PM

May 2013
Not sure why Meliodas agreed to kill the vampire .

Jul 14, 2019 11:23 AM
Aug 2015
I really wants this to be animated, I don't know how many times I have read this. Still every time I am laughing on what Esconor says to the vampire king, he is the best. Maybe an OVA would be nice. Little Elizabeth is just so cute.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Edinburgh no Kyuuketsuki Chapter 1 Discussion

sarroush - Apr 13, 2015

17 by ThatGuyJDS »»
Apr 21, 2018 7:46 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Edinburgh no Kyuuketsuki Chapter 2 Discussion

sarroush - Apr 13, 2015

11 by KalfKaneda »»
Mar 5, 2018 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.