Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 12, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2015
Baman said:
ghoullovesharem said:
does anyone think logh is the animu s star wars?

they re both space operas and questionnates about democracy
Star Wars is action and adventure, LoGH is an epic about politics, history and drama, plus some action. The only thing they have in common is the space setting really.
so can we say that The rose of Versailles = LoGH? Just curious
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 12, 2015 6:56 PM

Nov 2008
Baman said:
ghoullovesharem said:

Star Wars is action and adventure, LoGH is an epic about politics, history and drama, plus some action. The only thing they have in common is the space setting really.
The setting isn't even that similar. Star Wars is fantasy. It's space magic and funny puppets. It never pretends to be realistic.

Apr 12, 2015 6:57 PM

Feb 2005
Remv_quevav said:
so can we say that The rose of Versailles = LoGH? Just curious
Yea, that would be a much closer comparison, just even more drama while LoGH has more politics and war.
Apr 12, 2015 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
Ezekiel said:
Baman said:
The setting isn't even that similar. Star Wars is fantasy. It's space magic and funny puppets. It never pretends to be realistic.
THE FORCE IS NOT MAGIC, IT'S A METAPHYSICAL POWER PROVIDED BY GENETICS AND SPECIFIC DNA

Apr 12, 2015 7:06 PM

Nov 2008
DoctorCaim said:
Ezekiel said:
THE FORCE IS NOT MAGIC, IT'S A METAPHYSICAL POWER PROVIDED BY GENETICS AND SPECIFIC DNA

If I could change one thing about the Star Wars trilogy, I'd remove the roman numerals from Empire and Jedi.

Apr 12, 2015 7:09 PM

Sep 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Why do people think that enjoying this show in particular makes them more intelligent than say....someone who enjoys Naruto or Sword Art Online?

lmao
Apr 12, 2015 7:09 PM

Dec 2014
Ezekiel said:
DoctorCaim said:

If I could change one thing about the Star Wars trilogy, I'd remove the roman numerals from Empire and Jedi.

but both abords about politics
Apr 12, 2015 7:14 PM

Feb 2005
Ezekiel said:
Don't forget swapping the Ewoks for Wookies.
Apr 12, 2015 7:30 PM

Nov 2008
Baman said:
Ezekiel said:
Don't forget swapping the Ewoks for Wookies.
I don't HATE ewoks. While they were too cuddly, they fit with most of the other childish stuff. Like the funny droids and the asteroid with atmosphere, 1.0 gravity and a giant space worm. It's ironic that the empire is defeated by these small creatures with primitive technology. Not that they did it on their own. To be honest, the worst thing about Jedi to me is the face they picked for Darth Vader. He looks too kind and innocent. If he didn't smile like that...
EzekielApr 12, 2015 7:44 PM

Apr 12, 2015 7:31 PM

Jun 2012
dakotasapphire said:
Never seen it and I have a tested IQ of 140. Well, it probably doesn't. It sounds like a good show, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it makes people smart. Dam elitists. Since when does watching tv add to your IQ points? (haha)

Using IQ as a measure for intellect makes me cringe. The area is so unexplored that putting a number on it to measure is absurd. Not to mention how many people tries to brag with it. I just wanna hide under a rock over how awkard it is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2015 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
I'm still waiting for the people who genuinely think watching LoGH makes them intelligent.
Dun disappoint me guys~
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 12, 2015 7:40 PM

Sep 2014
Bully-kun said:
I'm still waiting for the people who genuinely think watching LoGH makes them intelligent.
Dun disappoint me guys~

As someone said earlier, LoGH doesn't make you smart

You are smart so you watch LoGH
Apr 12, 2015 7:41 PM

Nov 2008
retrogamer32x said:
Fighting over that is one of the things that got Gary Kurtz fired from the franchise (or he quit, depending on who you believe). Here's a really good article on it: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/12/entertainment/la-et-gary-kurtz-20100812

I would love to see what Jedi would have been like had he staid on, but that article gives you a pretty good idea. He also confirms what everyone already knew, Lucas completely BSed about intending a trilogy from the outset, the first movie was supposed to be a standalone clone of Flash Gordon because they couldn't secure the rights to adapt it.
"I don't like the idea of prequels, they make the filmmakers back in to material they've already covered and it boxes in the story," Kurtz said.

Totally agree. I feel the same way about MGS.

Apr 12, 2015 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
guywholikesanime said:
Bully-kun said:
Dun disappoint me guys~

As someone said earlier, LoGH doesn't make you smart

You are smart so you watch LoGH

That puts the origin of this thread into doubt.
After all, there have been a number of people who have claimed an alarming rise in their IQ level after watching LoGH, hence the supposed offense and the making of this thread.
I want to see such people and hear their opinions. So far the absence of these so called offenders has disappointed me.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 12, 2015 8:35 PM

Nov 2013
Zetto92 said:
All the fanboys who hype LoGH just discourage me from getting started on it. Whether it's good or not, I'll end up being more critical about it.

This. The fanbase can get annoying and cancerous, especially with the snobbish elitist attitude they carry. Haven't seen much of it, but from my impressions it's about a Chinese sloth and a repressed German homosexual trying to play politics in outerspace.

Actually, after saying that it sounds more appealing to me now.
absoluteceroApr 12, 2015 8:45 PM
Apr 12, 2015 8:43 PM

Sep 2014
monarchyanarchy said:
Zetto92 said:
All the fanboys who hype LoGH just discourage me from getting started on it. Whether it's good or not, I'll end up being more critical about it.

This. The fanbase can get annoying and cancerous, especially with the snobbish elitist attitude they carry. Haven't seen much of it, but from my impressions it's a Chinese sloth and a repressed German homosexual trying to play politics in outerspace.

Nailed it
Apr 12, 2015 8:47 PM

Feb 2015
Out of curiosity could anyone provide this thread with actual links to pages of LoGH elitists demeaning people for not having watched it and/or claiming to be intellectually superior for watching it?

I want to know more about this horrible fan-base.
Apr 12, 2015 8:47 PM

Feb 2005
monarchyanarchy said:
This. The fanbase can get annoying and cancerous, especially with the snobbish elitist attitude they carry. Haven't seen much of it, but from my impressions it's a Chinese sloth and a repressed German homosexual trying to play politics in outerspace.

You shouldn't bother watching it anyways, it's clearly well beyond your mental abilities. It can't be helped ┐('~`;)┌
TheRefractingOne said:
Out of curiosity could anyone provide this thread with actual links to pages of LoGH elitists demeaning people for not having watched it and/or claiming to be intellectually superior for watching it?

I guess people are just extremely poor at detecting jokes.
Apr 12, 2015 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
The LoGH Elitist thing has calmed down a lot and isn't really an issue anymore. Just watch the show and enjoy it as it is still a great show despite the way the fans once acted. The HxH fanbase is the new plague to watch out for, though the same thing applies there.
Apr 12, 2015 8:56 PM

Mar 2008
Baman said:
TheRefractingOne said:

I guess people are just extremely poor at detecting jokes.
To be fair, they're often pretty bad jokes.
Apr 12, 2015 8:58 PM

May 2012
TheRefractingOne said:
I agree OP, people who watch LoGH should rate it poorly and never recommend it, because if they did otherwise they are clearly trying to look smart and superior.

On a non-sarcastic note, just watch what you enjoy. There are always going to be people insulting you, and if it's because they think you're a try-hard for liking a certain anime, what does it really matter?

Oh nvm. Uhh, not I am just tried of all the shit.
Apr 12, 2015 8:58 PM

Nov 2013
Baman said:
monarchyanarchy said:

You shouldn't bother watching it anyways, it's clearly well beyond your mental abilities. It can't be helped ┐('~`;)┌

I'm glad someone finally understands me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 12, 2015 8:59 PM

Feb 2005
Ckan said:
Yea, but still, can't let a good trollportunity slip by. Insulting people's taste in chinese cartoons is a sure way to mill delicious salt.
Apr 12, 2015 9:01 PM

Feb 2015
PoeticJustice said:
TheRefractingOne said:
I agree OP, people who watch LoGH should rate it poorly and never recommend it, because if they did otherwise they are clearly trying to look smart and superior.

On a non-sarcastic note, just watch what you enjoy. There are always going to be people insulting you, and if it's because they think you're a try-hard for liking a certain anime, what does it really matter?

Perhaps I shouldn't have adressed you personally in the post. It was meant as a general response to the posters who were generalizing about LoGH's fanbase. Sorry abou that.
Apr 12, 2015 9:02 PM

May 2012
TheRefractingOne said:
PoeticJustice said:

Perhaps I shouldn't have adressed you personally in the post. It was meant as a general response to the posters who were generalizing about LoGH's fanbase. Sorry abou that.

Nah my bad, it was me being a defensive faggot. You seem cool. *adds you to the list*
Apr 12, 2015 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
PJ give LoGH a 1/10 and I'll forgive ya
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 12, 2015 9:08 PM

May 2012
Bully-kun said:

nah, Reuenthal would never forgive me.
Apr 12, 2015 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Bully-kun said:

Mittermeyer x Reuenthal end and I would've kept the anime in my favs
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 12, 2015 9:12 PM

Mar 2008
Baman said:
Ckan said:
Yea, but still, can't let a good trollportunity slip by. Insulting people's taste in chinese cartoons is a sure way to mill delicious salt.
True. You even hear that rubbing it in will help heal the wound; it's a win-win cycle.
Apr 12, 2015 9:12 PM

May 2012
Bully-kun said:
PoeticJustice said:

Where are the LOGH doujins? I know you know.
Apr 12, 2015 9:14 PM
Dec 2012
Unyilkdr said:
i think mushishi have more philosophy rather than LOGH.

i want to watch full LOGH, but i only find good translator until episode 2, rest are google translator.

How do you know when you haven't even watched the rest 54/55?
Apr 12, 2015 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Bully-kun said:

It's a secret ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 12, 2015 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
I watched it, really liked it. Did not made me any smarter but I did take a couple good quotes from the anime
Apr 12, 2015 9:41 PM

Feb 2010
don't know never seen and don't plan to watch it anytime soon

also wrong section

DoctorCaim said:
Ezekiel said:

ugg really hate the prequels for making it genetic :| preferred it when it was space magic
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 12, 2015 10:52 PM
Apr 2014
Bully-kun said:
PoeticJustice said:

It's a secret ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've seen a few, but I could only find yaoi -_-
Apr 12, 2015 11:11 PM

Mar 2014
ghoullovesharem said:

Star wars is actually good.
Apr 12, 2015 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
amateur said:
I think I should watch Logh.
Apr 13, 2015 1:06 AM

Apr 2013
Just appreciate greatness
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Apr 13, 2015 1:12 AM

Jan 2015
Roth said:
amateur said:
I think I should watch Logh.
lol
Apr 13, 2015 1:35 AM

Mar 2012
AnnoKano said:
I don't think anyone thinks they are smart for watching LOTGH, I think they just think the anime you like is moronic, shallow or inferior in some regard and either because you are overly attached to the anime series you like or are perhaps rather insecure, you have taken their comments as a criticism of you as an individual and it upsets you. Perhaps you even think that LOTGH really is too smart for you and you are accusing its fans of being snobs as some kind of coping technique for your low self worth.

Maybe that is the problem?
Apr 13, 2015 1:37 AM
Feb 2014
As tsudecimo said, it's a meme.

Half of the 10/10s didnt actually watch it, but use it to mock others because they want to feel good about themselves on an anime forum, which to me is as LCD as it gets for me since I hate the anime fandom in general.
Apr 13, 2015 4:14 AM

Apr 2011
Watched it all

got bored

it was almost naruto filler tier boring
Apr 13, 2015 5:41 AM

Nov 2013
Comparing Intelligence between people who watch LOGH against SAO is rather like comparing someone who reads Nathaniel's Nutmeg to Peppa Pig. Quite Laughable really, but also saddening. SAO watchers are like children, they will take one glance at the 110 episodes and move on because of there ADHD. LOGH on the other hand is targeted to a more mature and somewhat intelligent audience hence the reason why a lot of LOGH fans are people who don't even like anime in the first place.
Apr 13, 2015 5:44 AM

Jan 2015
P3B1G5 said:
Nathaniel's Nutmeg to Peppa Pig.
I loled at dis
Apr 13, 2015 8:51 AM

Mar 2015
archrook said:
Unyilkdr said:
i think mushishi have more philosophy rather than LOGH.

i want to watch full LOGH, but i only find good translator until episode 2, rest are google translator.

at least even with google translator sub, i understand the basic story.
and from what i said before:
Unyilkdr said:
thats because people think they are smart beacuse understand knowladge about political and scientic stuff, try sociality practice knowladge to understand. it harder bro, because you must know how sociality works first, and it only can learned form social experience. best example are mushishi and kino no tabi.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 13, 2015 9:04 AM

Nov 2012
Kind of a dumb question. I mean every fanbase has a group of people that act in some manner as this. Its the same shit with generalizing Sub only watchers as weeaboos and Dub only watchers as casuals with bad taste. Perpetuating dumb things like this is pointless.
Apr 13, 2015 10:24 AM

Feb 2010
NicoIsPathetic said:
As tsudecimo said, it's a meme.

Half of the 10/10s didnt actually watch it, but use it to mock others because they want to feel good about themselves on an anime forum, which to me is as LCD as it gets for me since I hate the anime fandom in general.

pretty sure you mean all of the 1/10s and not half of the 10/10s.
Bashing LOGH and its fans is more of a meme than the actual show.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 13, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2010
Unyilkdr said:
archrook said:

Unyilkdr said:
thats because people think they are smart beacuse understand knowladge about political and scientic stuff, try sociality practice knowladge to understand. it harder bro, because you must know how sociality works first, and it only can learned form social experience. best example are mushishi and kino no tabi.

why don't you watch proper subs?
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 13, 2015 10:46 AM

Aug 2014
PoeticJustice said:
I would like to preface this by saying that I do in fact enjoy the show.

I noticed that a group of people think that watching and enjoying LOGH makes them "elite," or whatever. There are exceptions with people like Higashi, aeonic, gholy, and Yeezus, who are cool people. But generally, I noticed that LOGH has a fanbase full of people who think they are the arbiters of good taste. Has anyone else on MAL noticed this phenomenon? Why do people think that enjoying this show in particular makes them more intelligent than say....someone who enjoys Naruto or Sword Art Online?

To be fair the two other shows you pointed out aren't terribly intellectually stimulating.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 13, 2015 11:08 AM

Mar 2015
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Unyilkdr said:

why don't you watch proper subs?

nothing in my native language. only one in bad quality. thats make me very sad.
my country luck of sub anime under 2007. because internet are expensive thing i my country.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.