Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pacing feels so slow still. We'll probably get some of the big performances soon but this episode was like an impression of the main guys again in front of a variety type of people.

The song at the end was okay I guess.
Apr 11, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2007
ST☆RISH working with Quartet Night together for Shining's own TV so that 7 of them improve. First group with kids. It's like them (Karera rashii) when solving problem. Second group with walking the street. The kouhai eating takoyaki for the first time and Maeno-san's character attracting people with his guitar playing.

Final duet with elegant tea time. Wow, so that's the work side of proud sempai. Then third group with "kimodameshi". The most scary thing is the cookie instead of ghosts, though. 7 of them were amazed after working with them.

ST☆RISH x Quartet Night new song (GOLDEN☆STAR)! Wow, the different shuffling for cross units! (Though Mamo's character and Suzumura-san's character duet were expected)

It seems like idol songs series include Quartet Night members.
tsubasaloverApr 11, 2015 11:33 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 11, 2015 11:17 AM

Jun 2011
First... I think, personally, Haruka has WAY more personality in the opening songs rather than the show itself. How misleading.

Second... ^_^'' It's slightly better, this episode, mainly because it was nice to see the guys all interacting with each other, getting to see them in different situations. Otoya and Tokiya's segment was sweet.

Third... <3 Oh my god. Kenichi Suzumura and Mamoru Miyano doing duets. THAT is a match made in heaven to me, those are my two favorite voices in the entire show. So, YES.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Apr 11, 2015 11:45 AM

Feb 2015
Still slow. I wonder how many episodes this season will have.

SoraLover1994 said:
First... I think, personally, Haruka has WAY more personality in the opening songs rather than the show itself. How misleading.
You mean she actually does something besides being a convenient self-insert? Gasp.
Apr 11, 2015 12:10 PM

Nov 2012
i agree that this episode was really slow too.. i hope it doesn't stay like this for the rest of the show.
and the cross unit's are pretty interesting, i'm curious how they'll work together! :D
Apr 11, 2015 12:18 PM

Sep 2013
I agree with the comments regarding the slow pacing. That aside, it was really good seeing the return of the STARISH x Quartet Night combinations from the second season. The Cross-Units that Shining Saotome picked gives me speculation on what songs are being covered, but I hope they'll give us more new ones in addition to the existing singles from the games and drama CDs!

Ever since the first season, I must praise this company on its animation consistency. I am super impressed with the animation, QC, mood lighting and effects they've used on this UtaPri franchise. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed in is the obvious use of 3D models in the ending, but other than that, everything else is perfect, and possibly even better than most DVD or Blu-ray release anime.
Apr 11, 2015 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
The Cross-Unit thing was a pleasant surprise, I was wondering if we would be getting duets this season. I'm pretty satisfied with how the groups were split.

Tokiya and Otoya's part was pretty cute. It was funny hearing Tokiya introduce himself as "Tokiya-onii-san" XD
Ren and Masato's was weird....they didn't do much.
Cecil's was okay...knowing how Camus's personality is, I was half-expecting him invite those ladies to sit down instead of shooing them away.
Natsuki and Syo's part was the funniest XD

This episode was way more enjoyable than last week's episode, thanks goodness. I was expecting more cheesy lines >.>
blairthewitchcatApr 11, 2015 12:28 PM
Apr 11, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
The new opening is alright but I still prefer the Quartet Night opening. I WANT TO HEAR MORE OF MIKAZE'S SILKY GIRLISH VOICE!

DAMN IT! I want Otoya and Syo-chan to be in one unit because they're personality matches >_< But on the other hand, Masato and Tokiya are in a unit :D Their voices are amazing <3
Apr 11, 2015 1:09 PM

Jun 2009
I liked this episode a lot more than the first one.
Well, I cringe every time when they say 'revolution' xd
Opening is nice.
And oh, the units kind of broke my ships... but I actually want to hear them sing in those groups.
4/5 for the episode
I like pancakes.
Apr 11, 2015 1:24 PM

Oct 2014
It's really obvious that they' will convince Mr. Shining (but since I'm watching utapri, I guess I can't complain about the plot)
Usually I freak out when it comes to Miyano Mamoru, but that opening was too much into Haruka (and I don't care about her #shibuyateam)
Hmm, the two teachers together... Looked like they were in a date
Ugh, how can you be so hot Ren /shot
So many people singing at the same time, it sounded like akb48 or something like that
It would be awesome if Suwabe and Mamoru singed together
We can finally hear the Maji Love Revolutions song and it's good (?)
So many revolutiooooon! We get it, okay? You don't have to repeat it everytime
I know you can do better, utapri
aku_haruApr 11, 2015 1:27 PM
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Apr 11, 2015 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
The cross-units look a bit mismatched to me, but I think that'll make it interesting.

Looks like we will get more Quartet Night! Not sure about their new image though. I wanted more songs like Poison Kiss, the one at the beach was more happy/fun, which doesn't quite feel like the right theme for the group.

The OP is lacking that magical feel to it...

And that atrocious CG is here to stay...? I sure hope not. The ED is growing on me, but still not enough fanservice in it. :L

And I guess no beach episodes. They cheated us on this lol. Only HQ still frames? Pfft.

(Also, they mentioned HEAVENS. Does that mean they'll show up again?)
Apr 11, 2015 3:29 PM

Jul 2009
main girl always looks blazed. so distracting
Apr 11, 2015 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
i love the insert song

kind of a dull episode

tokiya/masa sub-unit is gonna be great. the other two, idk. i dont like natsuki with anyone. he's a real soloist (like his voice actor) and ren is tripled with two my of least favs.

goodbye "the dice are cast" OP ;_;
Apr 11, 2015 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
I almost feel asleep watching this episode. The best pairing was definitely the Syo, Natsuki, and Ai one! That was funny.

The Cross-Unit idea is very interesting. Can't wait to see more of that.

I wasn't a huge fan of the first episode's OP. I like this one better. IDK maybe I'm just biased.

leetshoe said:
main girl always looks blazed. so distracting

True shit. Her eyes creep me out man!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Apr 11, 2015 5:38 PM

Dec 2009
New OP song?!?! O_O So beautiful! I love the cherry blossom theme. ^o^ Really gorgeous. It was a pleasant surprise to see a new OP since I thought first episode's OP would be permanent!

The song with QUARTET NIGHT and STARISH singing together :D I always thought that it would be impossible to have so many people sing a song and make it sound nice at the same time but I guess I was wrong!

Love this episode even though it seems to be pretty dull for most people. STARISH works together with QUARTET NIGHT in different variety shows. I actually love watching variety shows so I like that utapuri doesn't just focus on the singing aspect but also the idol aspect.

Looks like things are beginning to pick up with the Cross Unit idea? Looking forward to the next episode ^^
Apr 11, 2015 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
Vael said:
The song with QUARTET NIGHT and STARISH singing together :D I always thought that it would be impossible to have so many people sing a song and make it sound nice at the same time but I guess I was wrong!

bruuhhh have you not seen the OVA with the christmas song? it's absolutely beautiful ;_;
Apr 11, 2015 5:56 PM

May 2010
It was a bit better than the first episode, but I'm expecting more in the future. I'm disappointed with songs so far, even opening is not as good as the previous ones :/ I liked when they had more piano than some electronic music, what the heck. For now the ending seems to be the best, hopefully some of the insert songs will reach the level of the ones in the previous seasons.

Glad they mentioned Heavens though, this probably mean we are going to see more of them soon. At least I really hope so :3!
Apr 11, 2015 7:27 PM

Nov 2014
It was really slow, which disappointed me. But the interactions between STARISH and Quartet Night were nice to see. I'd really like to see some charaterization of Haruka, eventually. I mean, it's the third season and I really can't say much about her still. Hoping the next episode will be better.
Apr 11, 2015 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
The variety shows were pretty enjoyable. Quartet Night did a wonderful job with them fitting their roles as "senpai".

The new units seem rather random but it should be fun.
Apr 11, 2015 8:55 PM

Nov 2014
That episode was pretty meh. Hopefully it'll pick up soon. Haha, I can only hear Rei (the brown haired senpai) as Makishima Yuusuke from Yowamushi Pedal XD The share the same seiyuu afterall and he has a pretty distint voice :P
Apr 11, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
kuro-ooji said:
Haha, I can only hear Rei (the brown haired senpai) as Makishima Yuusuke from Yowamushi Pedal XD The share the same seiyuu afterall and he has a pretty distint voice :P

he sounds like this in every single role he does hehe
Apr 11, 2015 10:49 PM

Apr 2013
I like the slow pacing, hope they will keep it for the rest of the season
Don't know why but it feels a lot better than the pacing for the first 2 seasons imo
Interesting choices of units and as usual I like Otoya the best
Insert song is pretty good
Apr 11, 2015 11:10 PM
Jun 2014
I'm so glad that Miyano Mamoru has presented us with another beautiful OP, it wouldn't be the same without him <3.
I enjoyed this ep way more than the first one. Maybe because there was less Nanami in it... sorry I'm not the biggest fan of her. The romance in the last ep felt way too forced imo.
This ep, on the other hand, was quite cute. Although Starish and Quartet Night are practically rivals, its nice to see them getting along.
The song at the end with everyone was amazing~ love it! >< And the beach scenes made me fangirl so hard!
Ooooh, the Cross-Unit groups seems very interesting... I wonder what will become of them.
Apr 12, 2015 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS STARTING TO BECOME EVEN MORE LIKE PRI PARA. I'm not even joking.
Apr 12, 2015 5:21 AM

Jul 2009
TheAwesomeHannah said:
THIS IS STARTING TO BECOME EVEN MORE LIKE PRI PARA. I'm not even joking.

nothing will ever be as good as pripara. but the show that is like it this season is Show By Rock
Apr 12, 2015 7:50 AM

Sep 2013
Yes! I can't even be mad or sad about any of the other pairs because YES hijirikawa san and tokiya unit! this is just... it makes up for any bad in the world. lol

this episode was way better than the first episode! Finally Camus two faceness comes out in the show! Haha glad to see that in tact. It makes me wonder though if in the show they will...

also yeah i kept thinking of makishima sempai too while watching this even though i knew him as reiji first!
僕は。。。生きている
Apr 12, 2015 7:54 AM

Aug 2008
Well that was a boring episode.
I'm looking forward to Tokiya x Masato sub unit!
Apr 12, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2009
Hijirikawa&Masato getting paired was expected. If you ask me, they're the most similar members, both in looks and personality. Still, looking forward to how those cross-units would do.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 12, 2015 9:28 AM

Sep 2013
CG said:
Hijirikawa&Masato getting paired was expected. If you ask me, they're the most similar members, both in looks and personality. Still, looking forward to how those cross-units would do.

i am hoping it's better than the tokiya x nacchan sub unit thy released. i did like the song but it was a bit bland xonsidering they're two of the better singers in STARISH. Masato i count in that as well though as one of the better singer.

Am I mean for always thinking that who ever gets Syo in their group has the short end of the stick?
僕は。。。生きている
Apr 12, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2014
CG said:

You mean Tokiya and Masato :P

aceparan said:
Am I mean for always thinking that who ever gets Syo in their group has the short end of the stick?

You mean cuz you don't like his personality or his voice and think the song will end up not being that good? If it's the latter, then not really. I understand why you would think that way. As much as I like Syo, his voice is way too high-pitched for my taste.
Apr 12, 2015 12:28 PM

Sep 2013
blairthewitchcat said:

aceparan said:

You mean cuz you don't like his personality or his voice and think the song will end up not being that good? If it's the latter, then not really. I understand why you would think that way. As much as I like Syo, his voice is way too high-pitched for my taste.

no syo is awesome personality wise. it's his voice. like the unit song with him, Masa and Ai. Like Masa and Ai are so great vocally and then there's Syo Syo's voice suits Starish group songs and also his solo image songs. I love his image songs! But it' because it suits that style. It's not the most flexible voice.
僕は。。。生きている
Apr 12, 2015 1:31 PM

Jun 2008
Miyano's OP is awesome! ASDFGHAYATO~~~
So the new songs won't just be simple duet songs, but sung by Starish's sub-groups... That sounds more long-term-ish, so in that case, I would have preferred them divided as usual according to A/S, or A&S pairs (if Cecil would be a problem due to being left, he would best fit with Ittoki/Icchi). I do like the groups in itself, though.
Icchi's hair is so beautiful in this episode~ (*´∀`*) LOL @ all of QuarNigh sitting while Starish's members are standing.
"Tokiya-oniisan", hahaha! Rei-chan makes even little girls fall for him, I see he is aware of the importance of catering to all kinds of ages... ( ̄ー ̄) The takoyaki scene was also nice, poor Ranran. Aaaaaah, Camyu, what are you doing to all of your ojou-sama (〃ノдノ)テレ OMG, Natsuki's "yuurei-chan", "ohana-san"... `;:゙`;:゙;`(;゚;ж;゚; )ブッ
Nanami didn't appear that much, but I liked the song near the end. The ending song for the last episode will be the ED song I suppose, but the one with QuarNigh together this time was also nice... Just anything but that ED, please...
Looking mostly forward to the episodes centered on QuarNigh (based on the songs), although I wonder how exactly they'll fit them in with Starish at the moment trying to stand where their senpai are...
Apr 12, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2011
OP song <3

Shining Tv with Starish and Quartet Night <3

GOLDEN STAR <3333

Cross Unit parings OMG
Apr 13, 2015 5:46 AM
Apr 2015
It's still slow which is a bit disappointing, but it was better then the last weeks episode. The only thing that really stuck out for me other then the Cross-Unit thing - which sounds pretty interesting - was at the end when they mentioned Heavens.

Guessing they'll be returning soon?
Apr 13, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2008
TOKIYA ONIISAN!!!

I wish Ringo sensei would get his own anime.
Apr 18, 2015 4:08 AM

May 2010
Lol I always enjoy it how everyone is singing pro-like while Hiro Shimono is just there, just enjoying and screaming.

Nice cross-unit groups. Other than that, meh episode. The cgi in the ED is a bit weird too.
Apr 19, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2014
Expected more from the songs
Apr 20, 2015 9:01 PM

Jan 2015
I don't understand how this anime can be so cheesy, but so good. Ear to ear smiles through this entire episode and I'm not even ashamed.
Apr 26, 2015 4:39 PM

May 2013
IMO this season is off to a really bad start :/
it seems like the whole season is going to be focused mainly on the boys, and while I like them I wish there was more Haruka.
It's like they just decided since they haven't done much with her character that the best thing to do is throw her to the side instead of maybe developing her? ugh.
Jun 8, 2015 1:34 PM
Mar 2012
blairthewitchcat said:
Ren and Masato's was weird....they didn't do much.
Yeah, that was a bit weird. What variety show would think it's a good idea to just film a few guys walking around and not talking to each other?

CrepusculeCraft said:
It's like they just decided since they haven't done much with her character that the best thing to do is throw her to the side instead of maybe developing her? ugh.
Character development for the "heroine" in a reverse harem/otome game anime? Ha, good one.
I don't care that much, female leads in these kinds of series are mainly annoying, so it's fine with me if they don't turn up that much.
Aug 2, 2015 6:53 AM

May 2012
Looking at this anime it really has a slow pacing in both story and characters but looking at it another way this is just fanservice for girls and I'm just watching it for earservice from Norio :p
Jan 4, 2016 6:40 PM

Dec 2015
Nice ep, did feel the fanservice through out the episode pretty well, but it's normal.. so nothing bad to say about that. It's meant to attract girls, so it's doing a pretty good job. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I like it in fair amounts :D
Too bad we don't get to hear Quartet Night's ''The dice are cast'' anymore... I really liked it!
The new OP was pretty good I have to admit. But compared to the previous openings... it doesn't really surpass them. The first and second season had great OPs. And I feel like the endings were better too. The revolutions ending isn't so great. The song is almost as good as the previous ones (not as catchy), but maybe the CGI ruins it? I don't really know. The feeling isn't the same.

It was so cute to see Otoya and Tokya with the kids. And Reiji was awesome with the kids! I think Reiji and Otoya are both awesome. And they're pretty alike, both cheerful and friendly. Otoya is just much more innocent :D
The song near the end was so nice! I liked it :)
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

59 by senekohan »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

42 by senekohan »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:07 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

24 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 2:44 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

19 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 12:19 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

28 by Liaeves »»
Apr 14, 2020 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.