Forum Settings
Forums
New
Who on CD actually wants to live in Japan?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 11, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2013
Then again, assuming they are all racists is just as bad as assuming living there would be a weeaboo fantasy come true.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 1:39 PM
Feb 2014
nomstuff said:
Then again, assuming they are all racists is just as bad as assuming living there would be a weeaboo fantasy come true.

That's right. Although regarding ironic social justice warriors, only the white people aren't racists. Bull fucking shit.
Apr 11, 2015 1:43 PM

Aug 2013
NicoIsPathetic said:

No one's giving Japan a free ride, we're just explaining their culture as it is. I wouldn't go out of my way to defend Japan at all btw, they've in the past, been exploitative to my nationality, but I've forgiven them of course. My older relatives have not, on the other hand. But I still understand it's just them.

But how is turning away a white or black person at the door for been that colour any different to what you argued against in the other thread:

NicoIsPathetic said:

Which is why people won't be moving to Indiana or fuck, even any white trash hick state with religious freedom laws in the long run. Religion is fucking shit, it literally allows people to be ignorant and use that as a copout when it today's society, it's unacceptable. Now I have no plans to ever visit any state that acts like this in the near future. When my own state's governor, Jay Inslee openly criticized Mike Pence, you can tell there really are some states stuck in the 1940s and before.

I'm politically correct only because this issue in particular does particularly make me cringe a bit. I know I have no involvement, but I'm not sure how I'd feel if my minority status were turned at the door, even though I've never really dealt with discrimination much IRL.

Sound hypocritical to me.

your own words:

"It literally allows people to be ignorant and use that as a copout when it today's society, it's unacceptable. "

Yet you argue against me saying the same thing. Why bother we both clearly have the same opinions about discrimination just on different nations. You think its ok to make some nations modernize but not others and I think the same, only difference is our choice of countries differ.
SpooksApr 11, 2015 1:48 PM
Apr 11, 2015 1:43 PM
Sep 2013
Spooky_Love said:

I don't care personally as I have no intention of going to Japan but I do find it interesting that most people are fine to give this single nation a free pass where in any other place we would be up in arms to have them accept other races. We call racism or prejudiced or discrimination in other places all the time for minor acts. Seems kind of two faced is all of our progressive western ideals.

I think many Japanese find accepting immigrants is matter of choice

few if any Japanese insist France or Philippine to accept immigrants and those people would be seen arogant bastards for not respecting France or Philippine so people of France or Philippine should not force Japan to accept immigrants is how Japanese think
umashikanekoApr 11, 2015 1:54 PM
Apr 11, 2015 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
You know what other country treats immigrants the exact same way?

Switzerland, and nobody gives a fuck about them doing it.

It's only because the weeaboos want to be accepted in Japan that people care about it. They won't be accepted even if the racism aspect disappeared, because Japan doesn't love otaku any more than the west does, they're weirdos there as well as here.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 1:48 PM
Feb 2014
Spooky_Love said:
NicoIsPathetic said:

No one's giving Japan a free ride, we're just explaining their culture as it is. I wouldn't go out of my way to defend Japan at all btw, they've in the past, been exploitative to my nationality, but I've forgiven them of course. My older relatives have not, on the other hand. But I still understand it's just them.

But how is turning away a white or black person at the door for been that colour any different to what you argued against in the other thread:

NicoIsPathetic said:

Which is why people won't be moving to Indiana or fuck, even any white trash hick state with religious freedom laws in the long run. Religion is fucking shit, it literally allows people to be ignorant and use that as a copout when it today's society, it's unacceptable. Now I have no plans to ever visit any state that acts like this in the near future. When my own state's governor, Jay Inslee openly criticized Mike Pence, you can tell there really are some states stuck in the 1940s and before.

I'm politically correct only because this issue in particular does particularly make me cringe a bit. I know I have no involvement, but I'm not sure how I'd feel if my minority status were turned at the door, even though I've never really dealt with discrimination much IRL.

Sound hypocritical to me.

your own words:

"It literally allows people to be ignorant and use that as a copout when it today's society, it's unacceptable. "

Yet you argue against me saying the same thing.

That's because these matters are both situational, figure it out yourself, I should not be spoonfeeding you the answers because it seems you won't usurp them. You can't find out why? The loss is on you.

America is a progressive state, Japan is not. Indiana is a state behind its times, a SJW colony in Japan would be the polar opposite of that, but nonetheless, relevant to my claim that it's not on Japan's end.

I think I know my hypocrisies can be justified.
Apr 11, 2015 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
nomstuff said:

If the thread was about Switzerland I would have said the same thing. I'm unsure if im using this right but your example would be a 'straw man argument'
Apr 11, 2015 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Japan likely doesn't have anime girls, tentacles and moe magical girls so it probably isn't that great of a place. I'd love to visit it though.
Apr 11, 2015 1:50 PM
Feb 2014
nomstuff said:

It's only because the weeaboos want to be accepted in Japan that people care about it. They won't be accepted even if the racism aspect disappeared, because Japan doesn't love otaku any more than the west does, they're weirdos there as well as here.

It's kind of like how people only have visions of what they see on TV as their only way of determining why they want to go to Japan.

To quote NudeBear in a past thread, fuck, if ANYONE acted like that and I were Japanese, I'd kick their ass if I could (either literally or figuratively)
Apr 11, 2015 1:52 PM

Jun 2014
Japan actually hates otaku more in Japan. I hear its seen in a bad light over there.

Aug 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Japan likely doesn't have anime girls, tentacles and moe magical girls so it probably isn't that great of a place. I'd love to visit it though.

Well it has toilets

I personally wouldn't choose the one that guy picked though, too lewd.

Oct 2013
Spooky_Love said:
nomstuff said:

If the thread was about Switzerland I would have said the same thing. I'm unsure if im using this right but your example would be a 'straw man argument'

I have no idea. I don't care about the finer points of arguing. I was simply pointing out that some western countries behave the same way, and nobody cares.

Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 1:53 PM

Jun 2014
Spooky_Love said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Well it has toilets

That looks like heaven.
Apr 11, 2015 1:54 PM
Feb 2014
nomstuff said:
Spooky_Love said:

I have no idea. I don;t care about the finer points of arguing. I was simply pointing out that some western countries behave the same way, and nobody cares.

Because muh Western European privilege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northern Europe above all my friend. They don't seem to have true blue nationalist pigs like elsewhere.
Apr 11, 2015 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Japan actually hates otaku more in Japan. I hear its seen in a bad light over there.

It's often linked to the "Otaku Killer" from what I hear.

NicoIsPathetic said:
[spoiler]
nomstuff said:

I have no idea. I don;t care about the finer points of arguing. I was simply pointing out that some western countries behave the same way, and nobody cares.

Northern Europe above all my friend. They don't seem to have true blue nationalist pigs like elsewhere.
[/spoiler]

You say that. But Britain is full of them.
nomstuffApr 11, 2015 1:57 PM
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 1:57 PM
Feb 2014
nomstuff said:
NicoIsPathetic said:

You say that. But Britain is full of them.

Britain =/= Northern Europe

I love playing reverse nationalism cards on people tbh.
Apr 11, 2015 1:58 PM

Aug 2013
NicoIsPathetic said:

"Geographically, northern Europe is usually taken to consist of Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the British Isles (United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man)."

Derp.
Apr 11, 2015 2:00 PM
Mar 2011
japan has a living minimum wage like every major industrialized nation minus one what is that one

the us that is indeed fact
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 11, 2015 2:00 PM

Oct 2013
Spooky_Love said:
NicoIsPathetic said:

"Geographically, northern Europe is usually taken to consist of Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the British Isles (United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man)."

and out of that list most of them are fiercely nationalistic or incredibly xenophobic, from what I've seen, read and the people I've spoken to from those places.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2014
What country would want people who live in their own fantasy world tho
Apr 11, 2015 2:02 PM
Mar 2011
nomstuff said:
Spooky_Love said:

and out of that list most of them are fiercely nationalistic or incredibly xenophobic, from what I've seen, read and the people I've spoken to from those places.

the teuges are
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Apr 11, 2015 2:03 PM
Feb 2014
Juschaara said:

Obviously everyone if we're going by MAL logic.

My bad @ Britain not being Northern Europe. I usually classify it as Western Europe. Guess it's kind of both.
Apr 11, 2015 2:04 PM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
japan has a living minimum wage like every major industrialized nation minus one what is that one

Livable minimum wage, tell that to the animators at A-1 or an artist, they often don't get minimum wage.

Apr 11, 2015 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
NicoIsPathetic said:

Did I fuck your sister or something to rustle your Jimmies so hard? :p
Apr 11, 2015 2:09 PM
Feb 2014
TheRealNico said:
NicoIsPathetic said:

Change your name already ;_;
Apr 11, 2015 2:10 PM

Sep 2013
NicoIsPathetic said:
TheRealNico said:

Change your name already ;_;

$5 or a coffee on the east coast. We talked about this man
Apr 11, 2015 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
NicoIsPathetic said:
Juschaara said:

Obviously everyone if we're going by MAL logic.

My bad @ Britain not being Northern Europe. I usually classify it as Western Europe. Guess it's kind of both.

Eh, Britain is also pretty expensive and plenty xenophobic. it's just as crappy living here as I imagine Japan would be. Also ask most brits, they don't even consider themselves European.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 2:13 PM
Feb 2014
Is there a place that's like not xenophobic??

I doubt it.
Apr 11, 2015 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
NicoIsPathetic said:

I doubt it.

Pretty sure Mexico is good on that front.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 2:16 PM
Feb 2014
nomstuff said:
NicoIsPathetic said:

I doubt it.

Nah, I know they don't like minorities either in some cases.

I'm half American and they hate us for sure.
Apr 11, 2015 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
nomstuff said:
NicoIsPathetic said:

I doubt it.

Too bad it's pretty dangerous there right now.

Apr 11, 2015 2:18 PM

Mar 2014
NicoIsPathetic said:
nomstuff said:

but everyone hates americans
Apr 11, 2015 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
NicoIsPathetic said:
nomstuff said:

damnit, i really wanted to believe in the goodness of Mexico too ;-;
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
Might be fun to live there fora little while. I understand the people are xenophobic though

Apr 11, 2015 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
Although, having said all this about Japan and knowing it's bad points and that I'd likely never be truly accepted. I'd still go and live there.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
marriage said:
Japan is probably one of the most xenophobic countries in the world and 99% of the population is Japanese people. The only type of person who would want to live there permanently is a deluded weeaboo

I thought the Japanese are completely obsessed with foreigners. Especially white foreigners.
Apr 11, 2015 2:29 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
FGAU1912 said:

Livable minimum wage, tell that to the animators at A-1 or an artist, they often don't get minimum wage.

A1 are too ppor to pay mimum wage of 1670 yen an hour very few anime studios can afford the live wage

Apr 11, 2015 2:29 PM

Jan 2009
nobody talks in social gathering? sounds my kind of place to lessen my anxiety/paranoia
Apr 11, 2015 2:32 PM
Feb 2014
-JonasTheJay- said:
marriage said:
Japan is probably one of the most xenophobic countries in the world and 99% of the population is Japanese people. The only type of person who would want to live there permanently is a deluded weeaboo

I thought the Japanese are completely obsessed with foreigners. Especially white foreigners.

It's the older population that is where most of the xenophobia comes into play.
Apr 11, 2015 2:32 PM
Mar 2011
-JonasTheJay- said:
marriage said:

become natrulized at uoyu wont ver have problems like akebono did [ he was born in the us ]

Apr 11, 2015 2:33 PM

Oct 2013
NicoIsPathetic said:
-JonasTheJay- said:

It's the older population that is where most of the xenophobia comes into play.

old people are always the problem.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 11, 2015 2:40 PM
Sep 2013
j0x said:
nobody talks in social gathering? sounds my kind of place to lessen my anxiety/paranoia

try here.
Nerd or otaku are having funs ourselves if you find right place.Genshiken is pretty realistic
Also quite high ratio of foreigner comes to Japan are otaku and they seem to having a lot of funs with their otaku exchange student friends
Apr 11, 2015 2:40 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I would only live in Japan for a while to learn the language. Same with France.

Back in the day when I was a young weeaboo, I would say, "I'm gonna be a mangaka in Japan!" Horrible.

The thing is, people don't often realize how difficult it might be to adapt to a culture while also trying to learn the language. So many people feel like they'll just fit right in, but that's not the case. That's not even the case here where people speak the same language as you.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 11, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 2009
umashikaneko said:
j0x said:

try here.
Nerd or otaku are having funs ourselves if you find right place.Genshiken is pretty realistic
Also quite high ratio of foreigner comes to Japan are otaku and they seem to having a lot of funs with their otaku exchange student friends

if i win the lottery i will be moving to Japan permanently, although i will have to learn the Japanese language first
Apr 11, 2015 2:47 PM
Feb 2014
umashikaneko said:
j0x said:

try here.

Looks like there is a place for them after all!

Although I take it that foreign otaku always end up in the wrong places. People are kind of poor in judgment tbh, nothing new.
Apr 19, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
curtis_sw117 said:
To my surprise, he wasn't all that happy with living there. He said that the worst part of it are the people. At work, no one talks. Out in public, nobody talks. Even at social gatherings, most people seem to keep to themselves.
How exactly is that bad?
Apr 19, 2015 1:06 PM

Aug 2014
DarkStarr96 said:
No one talks? I'm in.
:)
Apr 20, 2015 4:07 AM
May 2009
curtis_sw117 said:
To my surprise, he wasn't all that happy with living there. He said that the worst part of it are the people. At work, no one talks. Out in public, nobody talks. Even at social gatherings, most people seem to keep to themselves.

Thats pretty much any major city in the world. Though atleast if you want quiet you have quiet.

Its a fun experience. However apart from the punctual trains and the really nice bathtubs, I don't miss Japan at all.
Apr 20, 2015 4:35 AM

Aug 2012
Nope. I have too many political related issues with Japan. And Japanese society is so far behind all the other first world countries. I wouldn't even visit. Their government upsets me too much.
Apr 20, 2015 4:36 AM

Oct 2012
EternalFusion said:
Nope. I have too many political related issues with Japan. And Japanese society is so far behind all the other first world countries. I wouldn't even visit. Their government upsets me too much.

Canadian... Chinese?

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 9 hours ago

7 by Zettaiken »»
5 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 7 hours ago

4 by rho34 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 10 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

3 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.