Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 16, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
Relixas said:
Hmm from the choices i'd go with Freya, otherwise it's Syr..

i see what you did there hahaha
May 17, 2015 9:33 AM

Aug 2012
Aiz
May 19, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2015
Bell, because I like hard working characters. And I like his armor too.
I like Aiz aswell. She's strong and hot.
May 19, 2015 7:39 PM

Mar 2014
Raisken said:
Aiz for me as I am not pedo to see hestia as possible interest + I don't like when girl just jumps on me everyfucking time like she does to Bell.

I really can't see the reason though of hestia's popularity. Only because she is a loli with big breasts (the first one in anime history?) makes her such popular? Her character is really bland and not nice at all - jealousy, pervertness, makes Bell as her possesion, isn't embarassed about her "teasing" Bell with her body etc etc. - for me it's prostitute's traits right now (sorry hestia fans, but that's my opinion right now).
Every new episode I try to understand why she is so popular, heck I can't because it repeats itself when she is with Bell. (lecturing->teasing->love jumps on Bell->rage(jealousy) because Bell walks with another girl.

Calling Hestia bland yet likes Aiz who has no character or even emotions for that matter. Literally the most boring character on the show

"Not nice at all" I fail to see how that qualifies as a good character trait
TheGrandSage23May 19, 2015 8:00 PM
May 19, 2015 8:14 PM
May 2015
The only decent characters are Lili and Hestia

The rest are either average or god awful. Aiz is duller than an unsharpened pencil. Arguably the worst character in the show. Watching paint dry is better
May 19, 2015 11:40 PM

May 2012
Aiz Wallenstein easily because it she hot and strong

I think Hestia is cute, but she has annoying personalty. I don't like girls that get jealous.

TheGrandSage23 said:
Still not seeing how Aiz is in second place. She's blank and the epitome of dull all around

Some people like strong, hot and blank girl
May 20, 2015 2:25 AM

Feb 2015
Man, this series really looks like SAO with more Kirito imouto screentime.

Well my vote here is Ryuu
May 20, 2015 6:30 AM

Jul 2009
Hestia for me, she is cool!
Aiz in second, we don't know a thing about her lol
May 20, 2015 6:46 AM

Jan 2014
Lili <3

May 20, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2013
TheGrandSage23 said:
Raisken said:
Aiz for me as I am not pedo to see hestia as possible interest + I don't like when girl just jumps on me everyfucking time like she does to Bell.

I really can't see the reason though of hestia's popularity. Only because she is a loli with big breasts (the first one in anime history?) makes her such popular? Her character is really bland and not nice at all - jealousy, pervertness, makes Bell as her possesion, isn't embarassed about her &quot;teasing&quot; Bell with her body etc etc. - for me it's prostitute's traits right now (sorry hestia fans, but that's my opinion right now).
Every new episode I try to understand why she is so popular, heck I can't because it repeats itself when she is with Bell. (lecturing-&gt;teasing-&gt;love jumps on Bell-&gt;rage(jealousy) because Bell walks with another girl.

Calling Hestia bland yet likes Aiz who has no character or even emotions for that matter. Literally the most boring character on the show

"Not nice at all" I fail to see how that qualifies as a good character trait

You just failed at seeing the fact that your point of view is biased because the anime studio only cared about HEstia all along, cutting scenes for every single characters, whereas this poll have peoples who read the manga (including the manga with AIS as the MC, duh) or/and the LN.
If for an anime watcher Hestia appears to be the only "developed character" so far, it's not because it's that way, but because it's the way they choose to do it in the anime. The pool reflect that. We're in the anime board here, and most peoples voted for Hestia indeed. But not everyone, which is obvious too.

We've go 7 votes for Ryuu now and 8 for Lili. nice.
May 20, 2015 10:33 AM
May 2015
Zefyris said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

&quot;Not nice at all&quot; I fail to see how that qualifies as a good character trait

You just failed at seeing the fact that your point of view is biased because the anime studio only cared about HEstia all along, cutting scenes for every single characters, whereas this poll have peoples who read the manga (including the manga with AIS as the MC, duh) or/and the LN.
If for an anime watcher Hestia appears to be the only &quot;developed character&quot; so far, it's not because it's that way, but because it's the way they choose to do it in the anime. The pool reflect that. We're in the anime board here, and most peoples voted for Hestia indeed. But not everyone, which is obvious too.

We've go 7 votes for Ryuu now and 8 for Lili. nice.

I don't see how that deters the point he made. He isnt talking about the manga(even then Aiz lacks character besides her reason for helping Bell is a bit more detailed). His view isn't biased because he is simply stating the truth with the anime. He hasn't compared Aiz to any other version.

You're getting defensive for no reason
May 20, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
Except that several posters around here are attacking a character without knowing it.
Pocking fun or looking down at peoples liking a "bland" character when they have absolutely no knowledge about the character is nothing more than a fail.
So yes, their view are biased because they're judging people who voted for Ais without knowing if those peoples knew more about Ais than they knows. Judging peoples for their taste is already very stupid, but judging peoples for they taste without proper knowledge is even more ridiculous.

Also, I don't see how I became defensive considering that Ais isn't even in my top 3 character in that title, and that therefore, I didn't vote for her here either.
Jun 26, 2015 4:49 AM

Jan 2015
Hestia obviously...
Jun 26, 2015 1:39 PM

Mar 2013
Lion, Ryu is my fave.
Jun 26, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
Lion, Ryu is better.

Someone gets it.
Jun 26, 2015 2:18 PM
Feb 2014
has for me i would say Aiz
but i wish they gave her more screen time and development

Jun 26, 2015 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
The silent beauty <3

Jun 26, 2015 3:14 PM

Sep 2014
I think mine might have to be Welf Crozzo and I just love his voice 😍. Ryū is right after. She was a BA in the last episode and I liked her backstory. I hope the manga expands on it more. And what familia was she originally from? Anybody know? I don't really like Aiz. She never talks and she doesn't have emotions. She's like a robot 😑 Though I usually hate the silent characters 😕 and I'm a girl so the fan service doesn't do much for me other than annoy me. Hestia has her good moments but again the enormous amounts of fan service from her does annoy me
Leadle_LeeJun 26, 2015 3:20 PM
Jun 26, 2015 4:11 PM

Feb 2015
Ryu Lion
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Jun 26, 2015 4:25 PM

Mar 2015
After finishing this anime, I can say that it's seems rushed and not much screen time for other characters too. We don't even see Aiz in the last battle, maybe the author do that so that Bell can fight the Goliath himself.

Aiz as the 2nd girl or 3rd girl of the series, have little to no development at all. She's like a tool for Bell to grow OP. I want to like Aiz, but her development seems bleh. She's like a deus ex machina kind of thing. Come and go saving Bell all the time, except that last battle.

In the other hand, Hestia got a lot of screen time. Because of her "plot" and popularity. Lili also a character that seems to pop out of nowhere to give information to Bell.

Bell is also wimpy and weirdly OP that can beat a monster that even all the people in town working together can't beat.

So favorite character? It's hard to choose. For the looks, Aiz. For the cuteness Lili. Well Hestia is good, but she's over-hyped because she's a loli with plot and have quite a lot of screen time too, seems to make it unfair for the other girls like that waitress or that eyeglass woman who hugged Bell in the end.

Jun 26, 2015 4:36 PM

May 2012
Aiz is probably my favorite character. She's cool and badass, but can also be cute and quirky as well. I really wish she had more screen time in this show. Oh well, hopefully there's a season 2 down the road.

And Hestia's my eye candy. <3
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 26, 2015 5:38 PM

Oct 2013
We need Mikoto in this list.

Jun 26, 2015 11:50 PM

Apr 2013
-Ziro said:
We need Mikoto in this list.

Yeah, and for peoples interest in Mikoto, so you know, she's extremely awesome in the 7th volume. That was something else.

Teyuga said:
And what familia was she originally from? Anybody know?

Astraea. That was part of the info the anime skipped. For more info about what was skipped about Ryu's past, please refer to the episode 12 thread. Look for my post on the first page (around post 31 I think?).
Jun 27, 2015 7:16 PM

Dec 2010
Aiz is the best, can anyone recommend anime with characters similar to her? She was so great and awkward, I loved it.
Jun 27, 2015 8:03 PM

Mar 2015
Tho I really like Aiz's character I think Bell is definitely my fav :) Such a badass passing out while still standing tall like a mf boss!
[center][center]
Jun 27, 2015 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
Bell
Jun 27, 2015 10:22 PM

Apr 2015
HESTIA
HESTIA
HESTIA
Jun 28, 2015 9:59 AM

Aug 2010
Poor Lili. She doesn't get enough love :(
I'd say it's a tie between Lili and Ryu followed closely by Hestia then Aiz then Syr and Eina. All of the girls are likable tho :3

Don't have enough to judge Mikoto yet but I like her :D
Jun 29, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2013
Lili, followed by Wallenwhatsit.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 29, 2015 12:29 PM

Mar 2015
1. Ryuu
2. Wallenwhatsit
3. Lily
4. Hestia
The sword that takes life gives life
Jun 30, 2015 4:53 AM

Apr 2015
RYU

Ryu is the most badass elf in history nuff said.
Jun 30, 2015 8:46 AM
Apr 2015
Pff best character isn't even on the list...
Jul 1, 2015 6:50 AM

Jan 2014
Hestia is best girl <3
Jul 1, 2015 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
After reading sword oratoria 3, I'd have to say that just like Ryu Lion, Asufi Al Andromeda is quite epic herself. She was overshadowed by Ryu in the volume 5 of the main series, but that's also because she was trying hard to hide informations about herself from others familia. I like her leader skills as well. Impressive adventurer, that one.

... And after reading the 7th volume of the main series, that Mikoto is simply badass.

Ais is really better after reading sword oratoria, too. She has far mroe depth as a character, especially volume 3 onward. I also like Bete and Lefiya more lately. And Finn and Riveria are as cool as usual. I also quite like that level 3 elf from Dionysos familia (Filvis or something, don't know how it's supposed to be spelled). Her fighting style is clearly my favorite so far as well. The Hiryute sisters get mroe substances as time passes, which is appreciable too. Of course, lili and Ryu are still good. Missing Naza recently, hope that she'll make more appearance again.

So many characters to choose from. The author is doing a good job as creating a good number of likeable characters across the volumes.
ZefyrisJul 1, 2015 3:19 PM
Jul 1, 2015 9:15 PM

Sep 2013
After this season finale, I'm not so sure. Originally it was Aiz, but Ryuu is, as I suspected, equally best. For now, I'll say Ryuu just because I've not seen Aiz in a real fight.
Jul 1, 2015 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
Ryuu cuz she's BA and levelheaded, lol.
Jul 14, 2015 2:47 AM
Dec 2013
Hestia. Was this even necessary to ask..
Jul 15, 2015 1:31 AM
Jan 2014
Vote Ryuu Lion for her badassery, even her name is badass in itself.
Bell has too many cheat so I don't really like him. He's been shown too reckless, inviting unnecessary dangerous situations.
Aiz doesn't appear much.
zenograffJul 15, 2015 1:36 AM
Dec 13, 2015 5:34 PM

Feb 2014
Any answer that isn't Ryu is a wrong one.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Dec 14, 2015 4:24 PM

Oct 2015
Pff hate polls like this. One should vote after the story is finished and knowing everything there is to know for all the characters.
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Sep 26, 2019 3:55 AM
Sep 2019
Ryuu Leon... At equal level, she's stronger than Aiz... From what Lefiya said: She's an overall / combination of Aiz, Riveria and Filvis.

She is better than Aiz as a Swordwoman.
She's far more skilled than Riveria at Concurrent Casting. (to avoid being hit =>Riveria is a "Mobile Magic Fortress" and is the best mage in Orario and probably even in the whole world...)
Her magic is more powerfull than the magic of Lefiya. (Lefiya level 3 magic is powerfull enough to "one hit kill" a level 5)
Making her the best Spell Swordwoman of Orario. (stronger than Filvis in fighting on the front line while using magic)

Lefiya said that Ryuu is in a league of herself... A league created only for her... "Elf Warrior"... (not simply adventurer...)

And... She's stuck in level 4 since 5 years... since she send her godess (Astraea, Godess of Justice) out of Orario to protect her... Her status was not updated since then...

Level 4
•Strength: E488
•Endurance: F352
•Dexterity: A888
•Agility: A889
•Magic: B717
•Hunter: G
•Abnormal Resistance: G
•Magic Resistance: I

Abilities:

Concurrent Chanting: A high level technique involving casting magic while fighting or moving around. Its difficulty is likened to dealing with a bomb with both hands while fighting due to the chance of failing a chant or not being able to control their own magic power. (when you fail a chant for magic, it cause Ignis Fatus... the power/mana in you explode... you become a bomb)

Magic:

Luminous Wind: Luminous Wind is Ryuu's offensive magic that summons green stardust to attack her enemy.

Noah Heal: Noah Heal is Ryuu's healing magic. It is capable of healing wounds and restoring the target's stamina, though unlike the effects of potions it takes time to heal.

Skills:

Fairy Serenade: Fairy Serenade increases the effects of magic and the effect rises at night.

Mind Load: Mind Load increases Ryuu's strength stat when attacking by using mind. It has an active trigger.

Aero Mana: Aero Mana increases Ryuu's attack power the faster she's running. A blue flash borders her weapon when she uses it.

Development Abilities (passive skills you can gain by leveling-up [not systematicaly])

Hunter: Hunter improves abilities against monsters Ryuu has fought before and gained exilia from.

Abnormal Resistance: Abnormal Resistance negates the effect of abnormalities such as poison.

Magic Resistance: not described but we don't need an explanation to understand with a name like that...
AvengerShirouSep 26, 2019 4:36 AM
Sep 14, 2020 9:25 PM

Jan 2009
Hestia since if she is a real woman she is the perfect height for my small height too

but im sucker for Elves too so i also go for Eina and Lion/Ryuu
Aug 18, 2022 3:53 PM

Oct 2010
Ryuu for me. She is a skilled badass, compassionate and gives pointers to everyone. Great friend as well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 3, 2015

459 by Etherius_ZS »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

559 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

202 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

362 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

195 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 12:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.