Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shokugeki no Souma Episode 2 Discussion

Apr 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Just wanted to put this here. If you are thinking of dropping the series (for ex. bec of the fanservice), please read this post ;w; http://grimoire-heart.tumblr.com/post/115656559389/shokugekis-my-friends-got-me-thinking-tonight-on

Also, there are time where J.C. Staff makes me iffy about the animation. It's really pretty and everything but... there are just small things the bother me. I can only hope it gets better from here on out~

I was so happy about the furikake gohan lol. I was really looking forward to it. It made my mouth water just like in the manga. LOL. Really can't wait for the next ep bec fav girl is coming up!

kriganime said:
I'm just plain not a fan of ecchi so the food reaction scenes are hella awkward and unnecessary to me.

Love the character introductions though.

Seriously wish they'd go the route of Kitchen Princess and give us recipe lists, but the explanation of his dish is nice.

there are recipe lists in the manga's extra chapter if i'm not mistaken.

I had a feeling that the male MC was going to take the test no matter what.

Apr 10, 2015 2:08 PM

konatachan80 said:

You're saying that about a scene that is in the manga? (chapter 3, pg 17-18)
Animated it would look something like that.
Not to mention her appearance on pg 19..

Did the manga focus on Erina's breasts as they were jiggling up and down? Not it didn't, I'm just saying that JC Staff dialed up the ecchi from like a 5 to a 9.

Apr 10, 2015 2:09 PM

43211 said:
I had a feeling that the male MC was going to take the test no matter what.

lol same character as Kirito and even their voice is the same too.What did you expect?

Apr 10, 2015 2:10 PM

kriganime said:
I'm just plain not a fan of ecchi so the food reaction scenes are hella awkward and unnecessary to me.

Love the character introductions though.

Seriously wish they'd go the route of Kitchen Princess and give us recipe lists, but the explanation of his dish is nice.

The foodgasms are quite a creative choice from the authors to show some different imagery, if it wasn't for it all the dishes would get the same old reactions followed by the ingredients description, with the foodgasms you can understand the exact impact it had on the one who tastes it instead of just yeah it was delicious for every dish ever.

Apr 10, 2015 2:11 PM

Moronic_Genius said:
za21 said:

Yes, I read the manga. I'm caught up to the latest chapter (113) and have been reading it for some time. I was excited for the anime. Everything about the anime so far is great except for the fanservice being taken up to a higher level than the manga. I'm just worried it's going to keep doing this.

I absolutely disagree with you. The manga actually seems more sexual to me. The scene in the anime was in my opinion just stupid fun, and I don't see anything wrong with it. In the manga, it almost looks like something straight out of Fakku.

Um, how does 1 or 2 panels at most compare to like 30 seconds of animation? The manga is not more sexual, what are you talking about? The anime is by far more sexual. Boobs weren't jiggling up and down and there wasn't constant shots of girls' asses in the manga.

Apr 10, 2015 2:13 PM

TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
lol same character as Kirito and even their voice is the same too.What did you expect?

At least Souma is interesting.

Apr 10, 2015 2:15 PM

Oh boy this girl Erina is such a tsun i already like her :D
I can't wait to see more delicious food.

Apr 10, 2015 2:15 PM

Drake1000 said:

The foodgasms are quite a creative choice from the authors to show some different imagery, if it wasn't for it all the dishes would get the same old reactions followed by the ingredients description, with the foodgasms you can understand the exact impact it had on the one who tastes it instead of just yeah it was delicious for every dish ever.

So instead of 'oh my this food is so delicious!' as a reaction, we get 'this food is so delicious it feels like an orgasm!' as a reaction every time.

Please get real.

Apr 10, 2015 2:17 PM
za21 said:
konatachan80 said:

You're saying that about a scene that is in the manga? (chapter 3, pg 17-18)
Animated it would look something like that.
Not to mention her appearance on pg 19..

Did the manga focus on Erina's breasts as they were jiggling up and down? Not it didn't, I'm just saying that JC Staff dialed up the ecchi from like a 5 to a 9.

Different medium. Don't tell me you expected X number of images to be crammed into
2-3 stills (with many images in each, like the manga) in the anime?
Animating it would mean they'll have to transition through those images/scene-parts
in the scene, preferably with movement.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth

Apr 10, 2015 2:18 PM

cant wait to see megumi

Apr 10, 2015 2:19 PM

I gotta say, if anyone had not mentioned that the male MC was voiced by Kirito, I would have never noticed. He doesnt sound like Kirito or his other roles in this anime to me.

Apr 10, 2015 2:19 PM

za21 said:
Um, how does 1 or 2 panels at most compare to like 30 seconds of animation? The manga is not more sexual, what are you talking about? The anime is by far more sexual. Boobs weren't jiggling up and down and there wasn't constant shots of girls' asses in the manga.

I'm talking about the presentation, not the amount of time it was displayed. It's obviously going to last longer when it's animated, and drawing boob-jiggle doesn't even make sense in a manga, but I digress. My point is that the presentation has a way more sexual undertone in the manga, where it actually looks like hentai. Just look at the way her face is drawn, or the angle that were chosen. Feel free to compare.

Apr 10, 2015 2:22 PM

kriganime said:
Drake1000 said:

So instead of 'oh my this food is so delicious!' as a reaction, we get 'this food is so delicious it feels like an orgasm!' as a reaction every time.

Please get real.

The most important part about foodgasm is the imagery that it triggers, it can be quite hilarious, it's not always just fan service.
Again it's a mean to show something you wouldn't normally see in a cooking anime.

Apr 10, 2015 2:24 PM

I couldn't believe that Erina won't let Souma pass.

Apr 10, 2015 2:25 PM

43211 said:
I gotta say, if anyone had not mentioned that the male MC was voiced by Kirito, I would have never noticed. He doesnt sound like Kirito or his other roles in this anime to me.

Cause he doesn't sound anything like Kirito lol, people that are turned away by Soma's voice actor seriously have issues. Hopefully your enjoying this anime!~

Apr 10, 2015 2:26 PM

CloudStrifeFFVII said:
43211 said:

Cause he doesn't sound anything like Kirito lol, people that are turned away by Soma's voice actor seriously have issues. Hopefully your enjoying this anime!~

Im actually enjoying the anime. I thought that it was going to be meh, but nope. Its actually fun.

Apr 10, 2015 2:28 PM

That condescending attitude by the "established" people. :O

Erina is quite awesome with her deep explanations and to the first words she said LOL

Well, the reactions is quite fun and interesting in its own way.

Every place has its geniuses! There is no one way to reach the top. Liked how Souma got failed, grandfather to the rescue!

The food T.T

Apr 10, 2015 2:28 PM
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
43211 said:

Well, when everyone sounds like Kirito it isn't a surprise if it gets annoying.
Maybe he saved his "other voice" for this series.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth

Apr 10, 2015 2:32 PM
I love how everything is progressing so far! the pacing is on point, the music is great, and the foodgasms are just enough that it isn't hentai lol but actually bring comedy to it because i know i'm cracking up every episode.

Favorite anime of the season so far!

Apr 10, 2015 2:33 PM

LOL... the gorilla scene was priceless and especially the expression it had XD.

I think Souma is going to have a lot of fun in this elite academy and lol his father is such a badass.

I was expecting that guy to react to the way he did...

LOL!!! STAMPEDE!!!

That moment scremed of yuri love XD.

HAHAHAHA, Souma's face in the photo was priceless.

I can't wait to see Erina's reaction when she tastes Souma's dish... and she gave up to the little Souma angels and foodgasm, but lied that the food was disgusting...

I guess the old guy with muscles is her grandfather and that Souma actually passed! BANZAI!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."

Apr 10, 2015 2:34 PM

konatachan80 said:
za21 said:

Different medium. Don't tell me you expected X number of images to be crammed into
2-3 stills (with many images in each, like the manga) in the anime?
Animating it would mean they'll have to transition through those images/scene-parts
in the scene, preferably with movement.

Yes, I'm quite aware that there needs to be some kind of transition and scenes have to be added. I'm just saying that there doesn't have to be an explicit focus on her breasts bouncing up and down or her ass unnecessarily to capture the essence of the foodgasm scene. It's almost Highschool DxD level fanservice. The manga never went that far. Just compare the squid tentacle scenes and tell me which one is worse.

Apr 10, 2015 2:35 PM

StefanMZ said:
LOL... the gorilla scene was priceless and especially the expression it had XD.

Reminded me of Chitoge from Nisekoi, if you watch/read Nisekoi!~

Apr 10, 2015 2:36 PM

Souma just made a god orgasm.
#CHEXIT

Apr 10, 2015 2:37 PM

This is better than the first episode! i love this anime

The OP & ED is so catchy, especially the ED.

Lol, that newborn baby Erina. She's so attractive, I like that yuri scene tho.

Souma angels hahahaha

I bet that old man at the last part was Erina's grandfather. It seems like he's the god of dishes, cu he looks like Jesus.

This end card

For sure, I will enjoy the entire series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Erina, y u so tsun

Apr 10, 2015 2:39 PM
The foodgasm is toned down, it's animated from different angle so you can't see her private parts. Just look at manga, if that feather falls down, you would see it. That feather would definitely move in the manga.

Apr 10, 2015 2:41 PM

God damn this episode is just too great

Soma proves yet again that you can rape people with food

Remember Shokugeki no Soma is a cooking manga/anime

Apr 10, 2015 2:42 PM

The dude at the end reminded me of Gouken from Street Fighter

Apr 10, 2015 2:46 PM

I mean does every show needs a tsundere female characters i mean there fun but this is like the 5 show this season that has one but all in all this show is entertaining even though it has every shounen stereotype that you can think off but still fun to watch and man that fan service

Apr 10, 2015 2:48 PM

I love the atmosphere that the anime gives off. Like a very serious and dramatic feel. I like that.

Apr 10, 2015 2:52 PM

Aahhh I saw that coming, of course she found it too good and therefore failed him because she did not want to admit it. Great episode overall, now I really want to taste that dish ._.
Also since that old man trashed Souma's exam paper, I predict that he must be the granddad of Erina.

Apr 10, 2015 2:52 PM

_P5 said:
Gravis said:
. Next episode, best girl incoming.

You spelt worst girl wrong.

You are right, I beg your pardon. Should have written, "We'll see less and less of Erina, the worst girl, from now on". /s
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.

Apr 10, 2015 2:55 PM

I'm not gonna resist. This is freakin' great. Really.

Apr 10, 2015 2:55 PM

lol. the god tongue
Just pretend I have a signature here

Apr 10, 2015 2:57 PM
za21 said:
Z4k said:

I love how J.C staff is embracing the foodgasms with open arms instead of toning it down.

And that's a bad thing. They should have toned it down.

Can you tell me why they should tone it down? In my opinion I love it, I actually get food orgasms like this in real life.

Apr 10, 2015 2:58 PM

Fun Fact: Soma's dad has the same voice actor as Ging from HunterxHunter and Kiritsugu from Fate Zero. Pretty funny if you ask me!~

Apr 10, 2015 2:59 PM

A wil Tsundere appears.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 10, 2015 3:01 PM

EvokeSabre said:
za21 said:

And that's a bad thing. They should have toned it down.

Can you tell me why they should tone it down? In my opinion I love it, I actually get food orgasms like this in real life.

Yup i won't be surprise if they add some the manga dosen't have that much fan service for them to tone down

Apr 10, 2015 3:06 PM

kriganime said:
Drake1000 said:

Please get real.

That is wrong because you see more than just girls getting naked and people having the feeling of orgasms. Reasons why one shouldn't judge so early.

Gravis said:
_P5 said:

You spelt worst girl wrong.

You are right, I beg your pardon. Should have written, "We'll see less and less of Erina, the worst girl, from now on". /s

Hah! You're cheeky. Nice way to manipulate my words.
"Hi!"

Apr 10, 2015 3:06 PM

Z4k said:
I love how J.C staff is embracing the foodgasms with open arms instead of toning it down.

I just hope they don't tone down my manservice scenes ugh

Apr 10, 2015 3:08 PM

This is an extremely entertaining series XD

Dat food orgasm was truly magnificent!

Apr 10, 2015 3:15 PM

This episode was really funny. Enjoyed it. I'm liking how they're setting up Souma to be the underdog (I love underdog stories!) Don't like Erina, but I don't think we're supposed to like her. Can't wait for more!

Apr 10, 2015 3:30 PM

you would think that someone called the god tongue only judges based on taste and ignores who cooked it or how it looked or what kind of dish it was

another thing. soma's dad seems to be one hell of a cook as seen by the high class restaurant he was cooking in in new york. such a good cook that a monk will break his vow to eat something made by him.

so how come erina does not know about soma's dad and then recognizes his surname

episode was really entertaining again

... i am hungry

Apr 10, 2015 3:35 PM

Erina's tsun with Souma's egg....
#CHEXIT

Apr 10, 2015 3:39 PM

_P5 said:
kriganime said:

Please get real.

That is wrong because you see more than just girls getting naked and people having the feeling of orgasms. Reasons why one shouldn't judge so early.

Gravis said:

Hah! You're cheeky. Nice way to manipulate my words.

Considering that no one interpellated you in the first place, I wonder about that. As they say, throwing stones and hiding hands.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.

Apr 10, 2015 3:43 PM

xSanox said:
so how come erina does not know about soma's dad and then recognizes his surname

Why would a japanese first year student in a cooking school know some random Chef in some high class restaurant in New York?
Do you assume God's tongue judged every chef in every restaurant in the world?

Apr 10, 2015 3:46 PM

This anime is on a roll! So happy to have this, JoJo and Nisekoi for the holy friday trinity! Gonna be a good season.

Also the foodgasms are so over the top and hilarious. Souma can be such a smug bastard and i love it! Can't wait for him to trash more food snobs with his skillz.

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store