3It was OK
7.4%
2Disliked it
0.8%
1Hated it
2.5%
Average 4.6
122 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 10, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp so they went for a final performance with the idols in the season 1's finale. Quite fitting actually with those decorative outfits.

Song was catchy though with the dance performances. "It's not a dream!" Looking forward to second season in Summer~
Stark700Apr 10, 2015 8:56 AM
Apr 10, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2008
Nao and Karen

Now who is this rival producer?

Hopefully no boy units this time

Goin'!!! is one of the best songs in this anime and Dekitate Evo! Revo! Generation! was great, I'm glad Minami recovered from her fever to sing Goin'!!!

7.1/10

While the music was all great (8.5-9.5 depending on the songs and units), the character development was pretty hit and miss often dipping into the near bad category and the characters themselves were very average overall. I do want to see the second season though.

Apr 10, 2015 10:30 AM

Sep 2013
It was a good show but not a great one. Let's hope season two gives us better character development. The only character I truly liked was the Producer he was great oh and Anzu but I already liked her before the anime adaptation so I guess she doesn't counts (she's still great)
Apr 10, 2015 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
Hoppy said:

Now I really want to watch season two just to see where this is going
Apr 10, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2010
Each of their own performances were great. Didn't want to see the backstage's reaction so much and wanted even more of the focus on the stage.

From Ranko subbing in to the New Generations gathering the crowd again. Nothing beats the choreography with the whole group!

The fans' appreciative attitude! Well, looking forward to 2nd season and also agreeing on the character development department. This was enjoyable for the most part, the members are perhaps just a little too diverse for my taste.
Apr 10, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2008
AcidPunk said:
Hoppy said:

Now I really want to watch season two just to see where this is going

If they don't pull the boy band deal again, they can put the other girls that didn't appear like Nina or Momoka so I can root for the opposition for once.

Apr 10, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2013
While not as great as the original Idolm@ster, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. There were some pretty great and catchy songs, but I also have to agree that the character developement and the characters themselves weren't the greatest thing this anime had to offer.
I hoped the second season would maybe cover different idols than the first half, but I'm still looking forward for the second half.
There has to be more Koume, a lot more Koume. A whole lot more Kome

Apr 10, 2015 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
This show sure was a drag to watch weekly.
I'm glad it's finally over though since I didn't like the show itself and I didn't like most of the idols. I don't see myself watching the second cour.
4/10
Apr 10, 2015 11:18 AM
Nov 2013
In the first Im@s, i know more about the girls but in Cinderella, all the girls are new for me, i never play the game before the start the anime. This season is look more like a introduction about the characters and make a strong relation in the group. (In the first idolmaster, the girls looks like a friends with a more time).

Its obvius the A-1, give more money and effort in series like Saekano, Your Lie in April, The Seven Deadly Sins (Remenber the episode 7.5, the use a resume episode for work more with the less money the have). But Noriko Takao do a excelent job work giving personality to a 15 characters (14 idols + 1 producer)

I love all about this new season and really want see the new season. 8.8/10

Pd: im really effort to upload the nomake to youtube
Apr 10, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
It was alright, could have done without the Minami Drama, but it gave Ranko a chance to develop, and I liked the New Generations development as well, at least the Mio growth and Rin at the end, although their performance was underwhelming. Also Asterisk performed twice? They introduced Love Laika and then went on after Candy Island.

Also worst simulcast, how are you gonna air an Idol anime without subs for the songs?
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 10, 2015 11:46 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Final episode was the best. I enjoyed the series as a whole. The character development was hit and miss for me too. But I definitely love their performance at the end where they all got to sing together especially with Minami having recovered from her fever. We got to see the New Generations' performance as well as Love Laika's but a couple of units only had still frames zooming out or just some camera panning... ^^; Because not enough time.. :P

I'm curious to see who that rival producer is or what. And hoping to see Nina Ichihara in the second season. But I'm glad to see Anzu smiling, though. <3
Apr 10, 2015 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
The final performance was great.
Apr 10, 2015 2:37 PM

Jul 2008
"Goin'" was probably the best thing to come out of this series. The music was pretty good throughout (though I don't like Dekoration's song), but I honestly could care less about most the characters.
Apr 10, 2015 3:29 PM

Aug 2008
Holy motherfuckin shit. HOLY MOTHERFUCKIN SHIT. A-1 Sauce straightened up and brought their shit to this half-season finale. It was definitely the best realistic outcome.

The whole package was present: the idol festival, almost all the Cinderellas, the drama, Mother Nature's interference, the tears, the underdog rising, the performances, the emotions, the egao, the EVERYTHING. Where do I even begin?!

Seeing all the Cinderellas from 346 in one spot was great, especially the OG Cinderellas. Mizuki is fuckin beautiful, Kaede's puns are greatly appreciated, and the girl with the spoon made me lol so hard.

I did not see Minami getting the fever, but hey, shit's gotta happen for the big event. Nothing ever goes smoothly. I really felt for her at that moment. Nothing is more painful than practicing and training for something to the point where your body can't even keep up. I especially did not see Ranko stepping up to be a temporary Love Laika member. Good on her. I'll be waiting for the Ranko x Anya remix of Memories. :P

The New Generations redemption was great as well. The trio, especially Mio, handled the situation with the rain positively, as expected. I didn't think the performance was gonna be animated to that extent, and I'm glad it was.

What can I say about the last performance.....I can't say anything about it. But I DID clap at the end.

The aftermath with the fan letters was so touching and so sweet. I loved Mio's moment the most when she read letters of the people who attended their first CD debut. I felt so happy for her. The emotions were definitely there, and they were conveyed so well. Speaking of looking well, the animation definitely got turned THE FUCK UP in this episode. Everyone looked good and not goofy or fucked up. That instantly makes the finale much more authentic and enjoyable. Seriously, 98% of the episode had great animation similar to the first two episodes.

The little talk between Mio, Rin, and Uzuki about how they all realized they were at the same concert was cool. It's a great throwback to the first few minutes of episode 1.

I think it's safe to say I loved everything about this episode. REAL TALK

also, I did not recognize Miku with her hair like that at the end! SHE SHOULD KEEP THAT STYLE
Apr 10, 2015 5:07 PM

Dec 2011
Decent end to the first part of the series.
I enjoyed this episode, especially the New Generations and Love Laika (well, the temporary new version) parts.

Felt for Minami there but at least Ranko covered for her quite well!

Overall, a good and enjoyable series. Some parts did not sit well with me, especially the 6th and 7th episodes, but the rest made up for it.

Looks like something interesting is going to happen in the second cour so kinda looking forward to it now.
Apr 10, 2015 5:39 PM

Nov 2014
The thing that made this aftermath emotional (for me, too) is the ED music and sequence. Seriously. Without the full ver ED, the aftermath is just plain. Great job.

GOIN' is damn good, but somehow still inferior than JIBUN REST@RT (from 765Pro first cour end)

now who'll be the Cinderella rival (or enemy?)

Second season Info (from the end of first cour broadcast): Premiered at July 17
Apr 10, 2015 7:31 PM

Apr 2013
Such a shame that the first 2 episodes were awesome and then it went downhill....with lazy visuals
Well, at least they managed to finish it at the least and also managed to delay the 2nd cour to summer lol
Apr 10, 2015 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
overall okay first half can't say i enjoyed it more than the first season though cast nearly wasn't as likable as S1 but this finale was pretty great was salty that they didn't let Minami preform but they made up for it in the end

top tier Anastasia Minami and Rin

7/10 and thanks for ruining this series Mio lol
Apr 10, 2015 8:25 PM
Dec 2008
Pretty good anime, still love the music as usual. Only episodes I think that were bad was the Mio and Miku focused episodes (except the ones where she is put together with Rina), every other episode is solid. Looking forward to the next season to see what they have in store for that one.

7/10
Apr 10, 2015 9:02 PM
Mar 2012
That Ranko and Anastasia duet, that's all I need in this series.
Apr 10, 2015 9:37 PM

Jan 2011
Well...not the best idol series. Not the superior idolmaster series either.

In any case, not bad. The finale was great. They are building as a unit and as individuals but that came only in the last episode or two. Had some good moments and I look forward to S2.

I knew I recognized this guy

Yoshizawa-san who does articles on 765Pro
IZEROIIApr 10, 2015 10:03 PM
Apr 10, 2015 11:17 PM

Nov 2012
this was a nice way to end the first cour. 8/10, can't wait for cour 2!!
Apr 11, 2015 1:39 AM

Jul 2013
If only Ranko, Anastasia, and Nitta are the main characters of this show and got tons of focus that they deserved, it could've been something truly great. Instead the first few episodes really suffered because of the unnecessary focus on the supposedly main trio with their stupid drama (along with that annoying cat girl) that I could care less about.

Thankfully it managed to recover about half way through once it started focusing on the other characters. The Ranko - Anastasia duet in this episode was enough to make me go fanboy-ing. Too bad these moments are way too rare. I also don't find any of the songs to be truly special, very much generic idol songs that lacks identity and quite forgettable.

Overall though, it was quite a decent ending and I'll be looking forward to the 2nd season. Hopefully this time with more screen time for the aforementioned trio and hopefully Rin has the epiphany to quit New Generation and just make a new unit with Ranko or something (impossible I know but one can dream).

6/10
Apr 11, 2015 6:00 AM

Mar 2011
This show is bad!
The producer has more character development than the idols!
They build up a whole episode for a performance and then they will only show still images.
I stick to see if their final performance would get better buts its just mediocore.

Rin and Anya had good character design, the lazy anzu, and ranko was the only reason not to drop. All in all I think this is inferior to other idol shows I've seen.
Apr 11, 2015 7:41 AM

Mar 2012
Lack of Sachiko is disappointing, Ranko is decent, the rest of the cast were boring.

5/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 11, 2015 11:46 AM

Apr 2011
Many of the characters doesn't impress much. The producer has probably better than the rest of the idols he handles. Only a few like Rin and Anastasia stand out the most for me.

The ending was a nice way to end the first season. The songs didn't really catch me as appealing.

I have to say, the first half of Idolmaster is better than this.

Giving this a 7/10
Apr 11, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
Hmm I can see they invested lots of budget in this single episode.
It didn't really disappoint though.
That Minami drama kinda too sudden and unnecessary. Well, probably to give chances for Ranko to develop a bit, I guess..
Overall, nice performance, pretty good for the closure for this season.

Overall, this anime is mediocre compared to the original Idolm@ster in terms of characters, development, drama, and musics. Shouldn't judge too much though, since there will be 2nd season coming up.
Almost all of the characters are bland, and barely stand out. Heck, even Mika stands out more than those girls. I hope they will also focus on the other girls outside of the Cinderella Project too in the 2nd season. I want to see more Miho and Sachiko!
Let's see how they handle the upcoming season 2.
Apr 11, 2015 2:06 PM
Apr 2015
It was a decent episode overall, but it wasn't that exciting as a final episode. I just didn't feel as satisfied at the end compared to the first idolmaster series. I'll probably give the second season a try, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it as much as the original idol master.

At the end of the first season for the original idolmaster, I found myself liking all the characters at least. Each idol was redeemable in some way. Don't get me wrong, I do love a handful of characters from cinderella girls, but some ruin the show (I'm cringing at YOU, Mio >w>).

Ehh. We'll see how season 2 goes.

6/10 for me. Needs more Uzuki. Less Mio.
Apr 11, 2015 3:23 PM

May 2013
Final episode, leggo.

Minami's working hard as usual.

Whelp, I'm confused.

This was to be expected. Poor Minami; Ranko is a sweetheart.

Things suck. Why does the weather always got to be idols' enemies?

Again, this was to be expected. Would've been too depressing to have the hardest-working girl not be able to perform.

Lol, the fan comment to Mio seems more demeaning than encouraging, as if they're making fun of their performance back then.

Average anime at it's finest definition. Dissapointment compared to the parent story, unfortunately, since a few of the characters I actually liked.
Apr 11, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2011
5/10, wasn't too good. Really wish they would do a Million Live instead >.> though I might actually sit through the 2nd cour regardless
Apr 12, 2015 4:10 AM

Apr 2012
Quite good closing episode for 1st season.

the big performance for everyone.
thought with that setting,it's not unusual for problem to occur.
but of course it's going to end well.

another Yoshizawa and CG idol Cameo.
looking forward for season 2 with that unknown female-Producer.is she's gonna be the antagonist?
let's hope she's not gonna bring any male idol this time.

also hoping season 2 is gonna give more focus to Producer.
Apr 12, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
Episode maybe a little rushed in the times, but enjoyable.
Only mistake in the first minutes of the story, in which you have not created the right atmosphere during the illness of Minami; too shallow while the good performance of the designs in the most important moment, after the narrative instead it went smooth as silk.
Only flaws of this first season, perhaps not giving a solid start with a bit of flashbacks and explanations for non-fans, and its brevity.
Also we can not even add high quality designs. Everything else, to start from the soundtrack, is of a good standard and needs only minor adjustments.
My ratings for now is 7/10!
Apr 12, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
Ah that was great show

Now I can't wait for the sequel ^^
Apr 12, 2015 12:11 PM
Nov 2011
These last episodes have been the best without a doubt, of course Minami's Illness and the thunderstorm added new difficulties that idols could perfectly comfront at a last hour ieven in their best presentations, I think Mio is now more mature than she was in the episode 6.

Love Laika B (Ranko + Anya) had to happen at some point of the show, they have been shown together in the opening and they really did a good duo, for me it has more sense than solo-Ranko being shown as a unit.

Despite the show started with 7 following New Generations episodes and continuing with monotonous unit episodes (I just save the Asterisk one since it had character development) it ended with realy enjoyable episodes, let's wait to see what second half has to offer.

7/10
Apr 13, 2015 7:57 AM

Jul 2008
They end the first season quite nicely even though it's still not as good as The iDOLM@STER. I really hope the second season change that but I doubt it cause it's only 12 episodes long and rushing feels inevitable.

I think Love Laika could even be a trio unit in the second season if they want to, Ranko blends well with them so wonder why she was selected as a solo unit? :) My only problem is the use of too many static images (I get why they did it) but it's too many for my liking.
Apr 13, 2015 2:09 PM

Mar 2009
Like people have said already, this was not as good as the original Idolm@ster. Quite frankly, I watched this one for Ranko and Anastasia, and to a lesser extent Anzu. Her lazy attitude was always amusing.
Apr 14, 2015 9:10 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Pretty good ending! I felt like the drama this episode was realistic and was resolved in a reasonably realistic way.
I'm very satisfied with the route this anime went grouping up the girls.
And damn, Ranko is really capable! She's so great. #respect
Loved the barefoot fan service at the end of the episode too.

My only concern is the second season. At one point in this episode, it showed a rather strict and cynical looking woman who had watched the girls' performance. I just hope she doesn't turn out to be like another cut-out copy of the antagonist from the 765-pro idolm@ster anime.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Apr 14, 2015 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
the fist half of the season was no nice and definetly a 8/10 but then the second half felt so rushed , thus ending up with a 7/10, which is solid
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 14, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 2011
Hmm...felt REALLY well wrapped up so I didn't think it would need anymore content. I guess the second season is just for extra competition drama :/
Apr 17, 2015 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
Even though it's been a bumpy ride with Cinderella Girls, the end result was no doubt worth it all. CG started off decently enough but didn't really feel as colorful as the 765 version. It wasn't until episode 7 that it really started to shine just as brightly. This last episode, however, was filled with so many magical moments. I'm really feeling Anya and Ranko as a unit, I wonder if that performance will have an impact on that later on. That letter at the end about New Generations' first concert was really sweet, goes to show that even the first steps those units took were unforgettable to someone out there.

8/10, all of the great moments in the second half more than outweigh the shaky start and Mio's melodrama. Looking forward to the second season.
May 1, 2015 10:25 AM

Oct 2012
Really had it's ups and downs... Not as good as Idol Master, but I adore Love Laika... Ranko, Minami and Anya made this episode so enjoyable. I would love for them to do a trio unit as well.

I will watch second season of course, I gave it a 7. It was good with some sweet moments. But not great itself. :P
May 4, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
annnd i'm done! i found this better than the original idolm@s and i really enjoyed the cast.

7/10. some eps were definitely above that level but majority of it was still average i found. i also have a problem with the voice actresses as most of them sound the same while singing.
May 15, 2015 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
I'll give this one a 5/5. I hate watching without song translations though :(

Seeing Minami crying made me want to give her a hug. It was nice of Mika to sit with her (that outfit!) No surprise she was back for the final song.

4/10 overall (below average) To bad it didn't have more episodes like this one. It was typical "Idolmaster"... the idol anime with very few performances and mostly filler.
May 18, 2015 11:48 AM

Aug 2007
This idolm@aster was good enogh comparing with the other one. Have better characters and good songs.

Second season? Maybe.
Jun 5, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2008
Despite having almost every final episode concert cliche, it was still pretty enjoyable. I liked seeing New Generations' performance, and GOIN' is probably my favorite songs from the Cinderella girls franchise so far.

I hope next season is better.
Jul 1, 2015 6:53 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
We all know the God's of Mother Nature brought the sudden storm and bolt of lightning just so that Nitta-san could perform. It sure helped in buying time for her fever to go down. The "GOIN" song was my favorite in the entire Cinderella Girls show, the crowd was darn right into it.

New Generstions also did fantastic out there.

Overall it was a good first season seeing as how season 2 has been announced. It would have been better if there was more character development like in IDOLMASTER. Having fewer episodes probably hurt the show imo.

7/10 in my book.

Jul 10, 2015 5:57 AM

Apr 2012
Overall it turned out good, 8/10. Here's hoping S2 gives out more spotlight eps.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 18, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
Decent enough first cour, despite some dislikable characters *cough*Mio*cough* I love Anya, Ranko and Anzu. The Love Laika with Ranko instead of Minami was PERFECT. Not that I dislike Minami, she was an enjoyable character as well.

GOIN' was a great song, really enjoyed it.

Overall a 6/10 for the first cour but a 5/5 for this episode.
[center][/center]
Jul 21, 2015 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
Didn't really know what to expect coming into this show. I guess the closest thing I've watched to this would be Locodol (with the idol industry/ agency setting). Glad I gave it a chance.

Can't even remember the names of most the girls lol. Favorite characters are P-kun, Rin, Lazy girl, Ranran, and Cat/Rock girl (as a duo).

Onto the 2nd cour...
Oct 4, 2015 9:28 AM

Jan 2010
I'm so thankful that when the New Generations stepped up, they didn't break the clouds in the sky and cause beams of light to pour down with all the poetic integrity of being dumped in a vat full of glitter and sparkles. Anyways, with the end of this first season, I can't say I was impressed, but I expected to be a lot worse based on second-hand knowledge. For everything thus far, it was clumsy and bumpy, but the characters, and the show itself, managed to get by.

...But then I think I saw the Cinderella equivalent to the evil stepmother and was worried again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

138 by HibiChika »»
Jan 7, 5:26 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

78 by TheJosuep »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

66 by M1kasaYu1 »»
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

29 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

42 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.