New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2015 6:40 PM

Jan 2015
meh im clingy too so its ok
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 9, 2015 6:48 PM

Mar 2008
Some people here dont even seem to know what clingy means. No clingy does not mean abusively controling. No clingy does not mean a stalker.
Apr 9, 2015 6:49 PM

Mar 2015
traed said:
Some people here dont even seem to know what clingy means. No clingy does not mean abusively controling. No clingy does not mean a stalker.

How can they know what clingy behavior is when all they have to base it on is their romance anime?
Apr 9, 2015 6:54 PM

Mar 2008
You dont have to be in a relationship for there to be clingyness. It can be friends or aquantances too
Apr 9, 2015 6:57 PM

Mar 2015
traed said:
You dont have to be in a relationship for there to be clingyness. It can be friends or aquantances too

You're absolutely right. But don't confuse adoration and clinging.

There is no good clinging. The only people who find good in clinging have some personal issues with being loved to validate themselves. A minor stockholm syndrome I would even consider it.
Apr 9, 2015 6:59 PM

Mar 2008
I dont mind if someone wants to talk to me all day long and says they need me. I only consider it bad if they get mad at me or i cant stop talking for five seconds without them going nuts over it.
Apr 9, 2015 7:01 PM

Mar 2015
The first part of that is adoration. The second part is clinging.

They are not both clinginess. When someone takes affection and smothers you with it to a point where it invades your personal life as an individual. That is clingy. But just having that affection in the first place and uses reasonable ways to express it, is in no way a clinger.
Apr 9, 2015 7:06 PM

May 2014
Lol...... that yandere shit though.

I think it all depends on the person(s). Like a lot of times clingy girls are annoying as hell. But friends.......sometimes it's good. Like me and my best friends are really tight and do a ton if stuff together. I don't really know if that could be described as clingy, but whenever we are around each other we stick close, so I guess it could be.

I think if you've known the person a really long time and are friends then its all cool. But having a person who you don't really like, don't know that well or just met be clingy is annoying.

#yuno
Apr 9, 2015 7:08 PM

Nov 2014
Yes, yes, yes, and not usually
Apr 9, 2015 7:38 PM
Oct 2008
cause said:
The first part of that is adoration. The second part is clinging.

They are not both clinginess. When someone takes affection and smothers you with it to a point where it invades your personal life as an individual. That is clingy. But just having that affection in the first place and uses reasonable ways to express it, is in no way a clinger.

cause said:

Simply "wanting to spend time with a person" or "wanting to talk with someone" isn't clingy. I don't know where you people get that idea from. It's when you take that to the extreme where they invade boundaries and rationality.

The line between clinging or adoration is often a matter of perspective though. If you don't share the intensity of their feelings or same desire to be around each other, those same healthy behaviors in one relationship will be suffocating and invasive in another. I do know a couple who rarely spend any time together. They never go to the same group events or have much time together outside of work but they are happy. To me, that is baffling. I would be miserable with that level of independence but then they probably view our preference for each others company as clingy. Adoration is clinging that is appreciated by the recipient.
CottonrabbitApr 9, 2015 8:39 PM
Apr 9, 2015 8:29 PM

May 2014
I am physically clingy. I always want to touch or have my arms cling onto somebody's arms. I like to hug people. Is this bad?
violityApr 9, 2015 8:48 PM
Apr 9, 2015 8:50 PM

Mar 2014
violity said:
I am physically clingy. I always want to touch or have my arms cling onto somebody's arms. I like to hug people. Is this bad?

Yes hugging is serious stuff

Clearly you're a slut and will burn in hell for all eternity.

for shame
Apr 9, 2015 8:50 PM

Jul 2014
Mmm clingy ppl annoy me so.

I just need space sometimes

I can't really see myself dating one.

No I'm not clingy.
Apr 9, 2015 8:55 PM

Sep 2014
I tend to be a pretty clingy person unfortunately. It's not that I want to be, but my velcro pads seem to get stuck on people a lot, and trying to free myself is a nightmare.
Apr 9, 2015 9:11 PM

Mar 2015
I'm clingy but I can't help it. :(
Apr 9, 2015 9:15 PM
Nov 2014
Neutral, have no opinions on them.
Apr 9, 2015 9:20 PM

May 2014
Poitato said:
violity said:

for shame

*facepalm* wat. How come am I slut when I'm just very affectionate towards people? And when I mean I touch, cling to somebody's arms or hug, I mean it generally. Towards my mom, father, relatives and close friends.
Apr 9, 2015 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
-Sachie said:
I'm clingy but I can't help it. :(
violity said:

omg you guys are so cute please be as clingy as you want especially to me i love people who are cute ha...haa... i miss when my little sister was clingy now she won't even talk to me please come and cling to me physic..ally...
Apr 9, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
Cottonrabbit said:
The line between clinging or adoration is often a matter of perspective though. If you don't share the intensity of their feelings or same desire to be around each other, those same healthy behaviors in one relationship will be suffocating and invasive in another. I do know a couple who rarely spend any time together. They never go to the same group events or have much time together outside of work but they are happy. To me, that is baffling. I would be miserable with that level of independence but then they probably view our preference for each others company as clingy. Adoration is clinging that is appreciated by the recipient.

Clinging is obsession. Simple as that. Are you obsessed? Is it impacting your social relationship negatively? Yes or no. If yes then cling. If no then not cling. Sure you can have people that show "adoration" more aggressively or less aggressively then what is considered normal. But if there are no negative permutations, one can make the case that is is not clinginess. But I would tread lightly on that, much like how you mentioned treading lightly about more "apart" relationships. There is a reason why the "normal healthy relationship" is the normal healthy relationship stereotype. Outliers can be there sure, but I would still be wary of the true motives of those aspects.
Apr 9, 2015 9:26 PM

Oct 2014
I hate most of them, but good ones exist too.
Apr 9, 2015 10:43 PM

May 2012
no im not clingy ive been with guys that were, it was suffocating
mmm im only clingy towards my mom or relatives - is that a bad thing? ahaha
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 9, 2015 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
otakuloserperson said:
tit said:

I'm only clingy to people who hate me because I love being bullied.

Omg me too! Who needs love and affection when you can crush on someone who is callous and dismisses your very existence.

I didn't give you permission to quote me so shut the fuck up please.
Apr 9, 2015 11:00 PM

Aug 2014
I kind of feel bad for clingy people more than anything. I kind of get why some people are clingy.
Apr 9, 2015 11:02 PM

Apr 2014
I'll cling to you like a disease.
Apr 9, 2015 11:12 PM

Aug 2013
It's annoying, I mean obviously but sometimes its OK, it can be cute here and there.
Apr 9, 2015 11:16 PM

Jan 2015
As long as it doesn't prevent me from doing whatever I want to do.
Apr 10, 2015 1:01 AM

Aug 2013
Cottonrabbit said:
Six or Seven text messages: "How come you hate me now" "Where are you" "Where are you" "Fine don't talk to me" "Fuck you" "What did I do wrong.

As a person who has done something like this in the past, I hope I can say one or two helpful words for people struggling with displaying this kind of behaviour in a current relationship. No, I am not saying they are the victims. I am simply saying that they have a problem that they need help with. This is all from my own experience, not an expert answer backed up by anything.

I hope the above helps some out there. To answer the other OT questions, I tend to like my partner as clingy, but anyone else would be too much. I used to be a clingy person, due to some insecurities, but I worked on myself and got past it.

Edit: grammer, minor additions
ixraApr 10, 2015 1:14 AM
Apr 10, 2015 1:14 AM

Apr 2015
Korrvo said:
I like clinginess if I happen to like the person that's clingy.

If they're clingy and I don't like them then yea fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off (although chances are I'll be nice to them anyway -_-)

Ditto!

I haven't dated a clingy person...yet, but if I REALLY like them I'm sure I wouldn't mind. I think I could be clingy, just cause if I really like that person I would want to be with them often as possible. But texting every hour or day would be too much, or even seeing each other everyday.

cause said:
Cottonrabbit said:
Preferring to go out together rather than on individual girl/guy nights, text messages during the day because they are bored or something funny happened, having hobbies you like to do together and really enjoying your company - that is fantastic.

^That isn't "clingy". That is a normal healthy friendship/relationship with a person.

Cottonrabbit said:
Locator calls, irrational jealousy and controlling behavior is awful.

^This is clingy behavior.

Simply "wanting to spend time with a person" or "wanting to talk with someone" isn't clingy. I don't know where you people get that idea from. It's when you take that to the extreme where they invade boundaries and rationality.

One or two text messages: "Hey" "You there?"

A-Okay.

Six or Seven text messages: "How come you hate me now" "Where are you" "Where are you" "Fine don't talk to me" "Fuck you" "What did I do wrong.

Not A-Okay.

Thanks to your response I guess I wouldn't be consider clingy just a healthy relationship. I consider this clingy because..my bf thougt it was and also holding hands when going out. I like affection coming from the person I really like/love.
Apr 10, 2015 2:18 AM
Oct 2008
cause said:
Cottonrabbit said:
Preferring to go out together rather than on individual girl/guy nights, text messages during the day because they are bored or something funny happened, having hobbies you like to do together and really enjoying your company - that is fantastic.

^That isn't "clingy". That is a normal healthy friendship/relationship with a person.

Cottonrabbit said:
Locator calls, irrational jealousy and controlling behavior is awful.

A-Okay.

Not A-Okay.

Thanks to your response I guess I wouldn't be consider clingy just a healthy relationship. I consider this clingy because..my bf thougt it was and also holding hands when going out. I like affection coming from the person I really like/love.[/quote]

He does make a good point
I am curious if your partner is from another culture. It is pretty unusual in western culture to consider hand holding clingy. The accusation of being a clingy couple in my case has usually come from other people because we still prefer to be together (not that it bothers us). It is a fairly common generalisation. Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad about wanting to be openly affectionate.
Apr 10, 2015 2:21 AM

Oct 2012
I'm rather distant in any type of relationship in the beginning.

However, as soon as a (fairly long) time has passed, and as soon as I made sure at least 666 times that the other person would have no problem with me being clingy (in case it might happen in the future, you know~), and the person still keeps insisting it would be okay for me to be clingy, then I turn into this hardcore clinging girl.
I spam them with unnecessary random thoughts, don't make any effort in thinking around them and just babble, I use superglue to stick myself to the other person's arm/hand, I don't hide my extreme jealousy anymore, etc etc etc.
As soon as I'm close enough with a person, I'm the default clingy, moody and jealous girlfriend.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Apr 10, 2015 2:25 AM

Apr 2015
Cottonrabbit said:
cause said:

A-Okay.

Not A-Okay.

Thanks to your response I guess I wouldn't be consider clingy just a healthy relationship. I consider this clingy because..my bf thougt it was and also holding hands when going out. I like affection coming from the person I really like/love.

He does make a good point
I am curious if your partner is from another culture. It is pretty unusual in western culture to consider hand holding clingy. The accusation of being a clingy couple in my case has usually come from other people because we still prefer to be together (not that it bothers us). It is a fairly common generalisation. Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad about wanting to be openly affectionate.[/quote]

Wow, you are very observant. He is a different culture. I mean I'm a mix of European, but he is Asian. I'm still amazed you could tell a difference, I mean I think I would'n't be able to critically think like that.
Apr 10, 2015 4:12 AM

Mar 2014
Im not clingy I just want to know where he at, who he with and when I'm with him I like wearing those shirts saying "she my girl" "he my man". Even better if there's a pic on dem too so he can wear that when im not around to scare of dem bitches
Apr 10, 2015 4:28 AM

Feb 2014
violity said:
Poitato said:

for shame

*facepalm* wat. How come am I slut when I'm just very affectionate towards people? And when I mean I touch, cling to somebody's arms or hug, I mean it generally. Towards my mom, father, relatives and close friends.

You broke rule no.1 of the MAL forums : Thou Shalt Not Take This Place Seriously.
Where the fuck did Monday go?
Apr 10, 2015 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
I like clingy in the sense of lots of cuddling and affectionate things like that. Mostly because I'm like that and it makes me happy to "cling" to my SO. Also I don't mind if they want to hang out a lot because if I'm dating them it probably means I can tolerate to be around them often or for long periods of time. What I don't like is obsessive. Always calling or doesn't ever give me space. That's just annoying. As much as I'll love hanging out with and talking to them, I like to be alone sometimes.
removed-userApr 10, 2015 6:13 AM
Apr 10, 2015 6:02 AM

Aug 2014
I think clingy people are a bit too obsessive, for me to be interested in them.
Apr 10, 2015 6:21 AM

Jun 2014
incisorr said:
Clingy people are awesome, if you cant handle being with someone you supposedly love all the time then you're a scumbag and dont deserve to have somebody clingy to you anyway
Apr 10, 2015 6:28 AM

Apr 2013
Heh, my problem's sort of the opposite .Supposedly "I don't care enough." I've been dumped for not calling or texting every single day...

"Why haven't you called me? I haven't seen you in forever!"

"We went out like 2 days ago.."
Apr 10, 2015 6:38 AM

May 2013
i don't usually encounter clingy people bc i'm a pos and no one wants to cling to me lol
Apr 10, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2012
Ugh. I dislike clingy people, I can't stand it. I wouldn't date them considering how focused I get on my education. I would have difficulties making time for someone, so I can't imagine the x amount of spam on my phone from them. Me? Clingy? Nope.

Apr 10, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
I like clingy people actually. Guess I'm the only one, maybe I have issues

I mean as long as it's not yandere levels of clingy, I think it's quite cute. Wouldn't mind dating a clingy guy either.
Apr 10, 2015 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
What do you mean I'm clingy?
Apr 10, 2015 12:03 PM

May 2013
I am very clingy but I can't stand people clinging to me all the time, I am weird. So yeah, I wouldn't date a clingy person, but my partner better be prepared for me. :3
Apr 10, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
i freaking hate clingy people. give me my personal space and back the frick off. like seriously... alone time please? privacy?
the worst thing is that i always seem to attract clingy people. they get infatuated with me. it's horrible.
Apr 10, 2015 12:07 PM
Jun 2014
No, they get annoying. I hate it when people beg you to come out and can't take no for an answer.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 10, 2015 12:13 PM

Oct 2012
if someone is too attached too fast then it freaks me out a little
i'm not going to think it's genuine, and it's going to annoy me

if it escalates gradually and i start to think they know things about me which others don't, clingy behaviour is fine
it makes me feel needed
just don't get mad at me for not being clingier myself, i guess

i'm not very clingy, at least not outwardly
i'm somewhat slow to return calls; i'll prioritise tasks over other people and i can go a while without talking to a person
...not because i don't like them, and in fact, i might be much more fond of them in my head than i believe they are of me
i just find myself distracted by other stuff a lot

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Planning a Spain Trip

redlockhigh - Apr 8

20 by LightWorker »»
4 minutes ago

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

38 by Kamikaze_404 »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 36 minutes ago

3 by LightWorker »»
17 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

67 by 88expert »»
2 hours ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

67 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.