Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2015 6:23 PM

May 2013
i dont understand why 8man said that he is lying to himself
please someone enlight me !
Apr 10, 2015 6:30 PM

Jun 2013
Hachiman (Batman) just took the fall for Hayama(Harvey Dent) to protect the status quo.

Because he's the hero high school deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, they'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian.
Apr 10, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
Hachiman bro how much must you hurt yourself for the sake of others who are unworthy?!
Apr 10, 2015 6:33 PM
Jan 2015
marsuki007 said:

The way 8man do things obviously hurts himself.
He shrugs it off as if it has no bearing on him because he distance others from him,
thus not having a bond deep enough for others to realize that he is being hurt.
Thus, both Yui and Yukino hate his line of action, as effective and concise as the results.
SolaceFZOct 8, 2016 6:26 PM
Apr 10, 2015 6:34 PM
Apr 2014
How does his way of doing things hurt Yukino and Yui? This subtle messaging is 3deep5me 8(
Apr 10, 2015 6:35 PM

May 2013
SolaceFZ said:
marsuki007 said:

The way 8man does things obviously hurts himself.
He shrugs it off as if it has no bearing on him because he distances others from him, thus not having a bond deep enough for others to realize that he is being hurt.
Thus, both Yui and Yukino hate his line of action, as effective and concise as the results.

Thanks m8
Apr 10, 2015 6:37 PM

May 2013
cleverclown8 said:
How does his way of doing things hurt Yukino and Yui? This subtle messaging is 3deep5me 8(

Maybe because both of them are friends of 8man
and ofcourse they are care about him
but yukinon doesnt realize her feelings yet
Apr 10, 2015 6:43 PM
Jan 2015
marsuki007 said:
cleverclown8 said:

The opening song has a line that basically sums up this season in a nutshell.
[spoiler]「本物」と呼べるものだけでいい
All I want is something "genuine".
Apr 10, 2015 6:58 PM

Feb 2015
well, I liked the episode. Ebina suddenly became a character that I think deserves more screen time and attention in literally a fucking minute. Not as potential romance or anything, just seems like it'd be interesting to learn more about her. Not like that's actually going to happen though xD

So it's going to be a 13 episode series huh? Why do I have a feeling the last two are just going to be a "Yukino ending" and a "Yui ending" or some shit like that. I don't know, just a weird hunch xP
Apr 10, 2015 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Hachiman became the scapegoat that kept those people together OMG
Apr 10, 2015 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
SolaceFZ said:
marsuki007 said:

[spoiler]「本物」と呼べるものだけでいい
[/quote]
Damn I didn't notice that. Probably because the subs were different. Can't wait for that scene.
Apr 10, 2015 7:22 PM

Jun 2014
-Riptide- said:
SolaceFZ said:

[spoiler]「本物」と呼べるものだけでいい

Damn I didn't notice that. Probably because the subs were different. Can't wait for that scene.[/quote]
Wonder if the studio is gonna make this scene overly dramatic though hopefully not.
Apr 10, 2015 7:24 PM

Aug 2014
-ZET- said:
So, was I the only one that saw Yukinoshita blush in Hachiman "confession"?

Also this is why I love this anime, when Yukino was angry with Hachiman I was like "fuck, their relationship just got worst" but actually NO, the reason she got angry at him is because she "likes" him, maybe not romantically but enough to make her angry by his self-sacrifice.

So in a way I really liked the fact that Yukino got angry at him, also you can't expect Yukino to handle the same way Yui did, you'all know how she is, she is not the type to show compassion like that especially if she's angry, she doesn't have the "Ice-cold Beauty" nickname for nothing

Wait. Please don't tell me you just realized she likes him...

Xway101 ~By me~
Apr 10, 2015 7:25 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hikki once again takes stage and does his stuff, which ticks off Yukinon. Both Yui/Yukinon despising Hikki's way of doing things. Well, it's not like Hikki cares, in the end as he says, he's irrelevant. Funny how one problem was settled and another one stirred. For Yukinon and Yui it's painful to see Hikki put keep degrading himself even lower. Still, Hikki was awesome, I doubt Yukinon would have pulled what Hikki did.

Komachi kawaii in the episode preview and at the beginning.

Apr 10, 2015 7:32 PM

Oct 2011
Xway101 said:
-ZET- said:
So, was I the only one that saw Yukinoshita blush in Hachiman "confession"?

Also this is why I love this anime, when Yukino was angry with Hachiman I was like "fuck, their relationship just got worst" but actually NO, the reason she got angry at him is because she "likes" him, maybe not romantically but enough to make her angry by his self-sacrifice.

So in a way I really liked the fact that Yukino got angry at him, also you can't expect Yukino to handle the same way Yui did, you'all know how she is, she is not the type to show compassion like that especially if she's angry, she doesn't have the "Ice-cold Beauty" nickname for nothing

She likes him, but it feels like she just can't accept that, I don't know how to describe it, it just feels odd.
Apr 10, 2015 7:36 PM

Apr 2014
Well that was good.
Somehow I don't like Hayato and Yumiko at all, they are somewhat annoying.
Yukino is mad at Hachiman...is she jealous or what?
Hina got turn down at the end...well saw that coming anyway.
Overally great episode!
Apr 10, 2015 7:38 PM

Sep 2012
Sparteh said:
Overall nice episode. BUT any other LN reader thinks that these 2 episodes were quite rushed?

it already rushed ever since ep1, but the main point of this arc was delivered quite nice
Apr 10, 2015 7:40 PM

Apr 2014
I like his methods.
---------My Profile------------
Apr 10, 2015 7:45 PM

Jun 2014
dend08 said:
Sparteh said:
Overall nice episode. BUT any other LN reader thinks that these 2 episodes were quite rushed?

it already rushed ever since ep1, but the main point of this arc was delivered quite nice

What he said it didn't really mattered since the main points was delivered.

The next arc however should be the main priority so people could understand whatever the hell is going on in the Main 3's mind. So hopefully they don't mess the next episodes cause it's gonna be crucial
Apr 10, 2015 7:56 PM

Jun 2014
SweetKotomi said:
Hikki once again takes stage and does his stuff, which ticks off Yukinon. Both Yui/Yukinon despising Hikki's way of doing things. Well, it's not like Hikki cares, in the end as he says, he's irrelevant. Funny how one problem was settled and another one stirred. For Yukinon and Yui it's painful to see Hikki put keep degrading himself even lower. Still, Hikki was awesome, I doubt Yukinon would have pulled what Hikki did.

Komachi kawaii in the episode preview and at the beginning.

Missed the rooftop scene last season ? He's hurt by his way of doing things, but shrugs it off and makes some kind of reason to justify his actions. But in reality he's in pain.
Apr 10, 2015 8:00 PM

Aug 2014
-ZET- said:
Xway101 said:

She likes him, but it feels like she just can't accept that, I don't know how to describe it, it just feels odd.

Well, it's more like Hikki can't accept it. Considering what happened to him in the past.
IdntHavWings said:
I like his methods.

Damn straight!

Xway101 ~By me~
Apr 10, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2015
Samurai_Zero said:
Despite having already read the LN, Ebina's surprised reaction to Hachiman's confession almost made me think she was going to say yes to him. Now THAT would've been a plot twist haha.

Imho she would definitely say yes, the thing is tobe and the thing they want to maintain.
Hina actually confessed to hikigaya in the rooftop.
internet is a cruel mistress
Apr 10, 2015 8:50 PM

Aug 2011
Dat last line. You can totally tell that 8man is suffering by the tone of his voice. ;___;
Apr 10, 2015 8:58 PM

Oct 2011
Don't know why Hachiman was called a creep by that blonde haired girl, nothing he does conveys creepish behavior.
Apr 10, 2015 9:15 PM
Aug 2011
Honestly I think while the plot and characters have stayed exceptional the main issue is with the new studio that's producing it. The art has gotten a bit worse most notably with hachiman which is significant because his face fills the screen a lot. The pacing and voice acting feels like it's more rushed and less well done. But who knows maybe they just need a few episodes to get back on track
Look at my awesome sig :)
How do you make a sig?
Apr 10, 2015 9:47 PM

Feb 2010
I just guess that somewhere in this series where Hachiman would just break down.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 10, 2015 9:48 PM

Jul 2014
Hachiman is such a sick character. His way of doing things are so selfless. He might not say it but he does get hurt . But he is a true mand and doesnt let his emotions show. Im realli shipping Kawasaki to be the third girl of his harem though
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 10, 2015 10:21 PM

Nov 2008
Damn. I felt the same way as Yukinon xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 10, 2015 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
Man, I'm loving the scenes between Yui, Hachiman, and Yukino. They just show how much they are now comfortable with each other. Especially Yukino and Hachiman.

And after reading a bit and thinking for myself, I understand why the two hate Hachiman at the end of the episode. Even if they don't openly "admit" it, they both like Hachiman or see him as a friend. Seeing their friend sacrifice himself for a group (that treats him like dirt) to get saved is quite burdening to themselves as well. I'm seriously now seeing the relationships developed in Season 1 in S2.

Oregairu is seriously my favorite anime of all time.
Apr 11, 2015 12:12 AM

Aug 2013
8man x Yui, the only right ship. BTW Ebina is great too *.*
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 11, 2015 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
I love the inner workings of Hachiman's mind, even if he is suppose to be kinda fucked up. It reminds me of me too much at certain points (oh look another edgemaster comparing himself to edgyiman)

But this specifically:

I can relate with that part 110%

He's so straight and so cynical which puts the interesting dialogue in this series on a comparable level to the Monogatari series. Sooooo fun to watch.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 11, 2015 12:22 AM
Apr 2015
Best 8man - Season 1

Best Yui - Season 2

Best Yukinoshita - Light Novel.

what i mean is art style :3
Apr 11, 2015 12:23 AM

Dec 2014
abyss333 said:
Hachiman is such a sick character. His way of doing things are so selfless. He might not say it but he does get hurt . But he is a true mand and doesnt let his emotions show. Im realli shipping Kawasaki to be the third girl of his harem though

Sadly

rsc-pl said:
8man x Yui, the only right ship.

THIS. :)

and of course
Apr 11, 2015 12:24 AM
May 2013
''Everyone has something they hold dear, something they never want to lose.
That's why they pretend. That's why they hide the truth and that's why they lie... but.. the biggest liar of all... was me''
-Hikigaya Hachiman

The feels hit me hard in this episode. Sacrificing yourself doesn't just hurt yourself, but those who care for you as well.
Apr 11, 2015 12:32 AM
Oct 2013
SansrivaaL said:
quick question that Im having a weird time understanding but I kinda get it I just want to confirm if Im right, whats wrong with Hiki's way of doing things? as I see what he did is the ONLY way to save those 2. Is it because his way of doing things results in him being the only one getting hurt + getting a badder reputation?

yes which its kind of hypocritical of her too. I mean she's not exspering herself well but it pains her to see Hachiman "stabbing himself" but woman you verbally abuse him in the clubroom all the damn time.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Apr 11, 2015 12:49 AM

Aug 2014
Oh man really good episode.
Apr 11, 2015 12:57 AM

May 2013
Great episode. Komachi is running for best imouto in my list. Hachiman's way handling the situation was awesome, and painful at the same time. Next episode's title is interesting Quietly, Yukinoshita Yukino finds her resolve.
Apr 11, 2015 1:09 AM

Dec 2014
Cheeeeeeese said:
Great episode. Komachi is running for best imouto in my list. Hachiman's way handling the situation was awesome, and painful at the same time. Next episode's title is interesting Quietly, Yukinoshita Yukino finds her resolve.

Finds her resolve??? That's BS.

Apr 11, 2015 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
This episode made me love this whole series all over again. He basically pointed out he was already going against his own ideals from helping those usual people that mean nothing to him. I find it great how this is going looking forward to the upcoming episodes! Dark Knight Hachiman!!
Apr 11, 2015 2:15 AM
Aug 2011
Hachiman is great, Yui can just shut the fuck up.

Korrvo said:
I love the inner workings of Hachiman's mind

Yep, same here. This episode reminded me of that.
Apr 11, 2015 2:21 AM

Mar 2015
-Axcel- said:
16franckdo said:
Good news everyone this season will be 13 episode long

No, good news would be 24 episodes long

Not enogh LN material.
If says about adaptation, I'm slightly worry. Because, if they continued adapt novel in pattern "1 volume-2 episode", they end on ep 8. And what will be next? I hope, not handmade ending for anime-only. They needs to slow down a bit. Title of ep.3 is half of 8 volume.
Apr 11, 2015 2:22 AM

Jan 2013
odysseyrh said:
SansrivaaL said:
quick question that Im having a weird time understanding but I kinda get it I just want to confirm if Im right, whats wrong with Hiki's way of doing things? as I see what he did is the ONLY way to save those 2. Is it because his way of doing things results in him being the only one getting hurt + getting a badder reputation?

yes which its kind of hypocritical of her too. I mean she's not exspering herself well but it pains her to see Hachiman "stabbing himself" but woman you verbally abuse him in the clubroom all the damn time.

It's called 'teasing' and it's pretty harmless. Yukino and Hachiman are poking fun at each-other all the time and that's quite entertaining to watch. People need to realize that those who talk harshly aren't necessarily trying to hurt others 100% of the time. If Hachiman would actually feel hurt by Yukino's so-called 'verbal abuse', he'd just stop coming to the clubroom. But he figured out that there's no actual malice in Yukino's words right on the day of their very first meeting.
Apr 11, 2015 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
I enjoy seeing Hachiman's method's, the only thing I don't enjoy are the outcomes. It's very interesting but at the same time cringe worth to see Hachiman take the bullet every time. Falling in love with this series all over again.
Apr 11, 2015 3:21 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode. Hachiman had to take the blame to prevent their group for falling apart. The drama was excellent.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 11, 2015 3:41 AM

Oct 2008
8man is the biggest liar of them all.
The negativism of 8man is a clever deal.
Good episode.

Apr 11, 2015 4:18 AM

Apr 2013
What a lad 8man. Love this series~ And damn, season 2's artwork and visuals are phenomenal. Great drama induced episode!
Apr 11, 2015 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
The lack of sensei is disturbing.
Apr 11, 2015 5:38 AM

May 2010
do i not get it or what?

how was what hachiman did bad? or hurting him? i dont get it, he doesn't love BL-girl anyway so how does he get hurt by making fake confession...

this whole episode was off imo, yukinon and yui both smile and say they trust in wutever he plans to do, hachiman goes and does fake confession, yukinon mad at way he did thing... the fuck dont make any sense..

atm S2 sucks.
Apr 11, 2015 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
Aapjuh said:
how was what hachiman did bad? or hurting him? i dont get it, he doesn't love BL-girl anyway so how does he get hurt by making fake confession...

Hachiman was getting rejected by girls throughout grade school and middle school. While it wasn't as bad because, as you said, he didn't feel a thing for Ebina, he was still pretty much re-living the thing that traumatized him. Also, butting in on someone's confession like that is really not a nice thing to do. It went well this time, but Tobe could've totally blown up on Hachiman for pulling that stunt.
Apr 11, 2015 5:52 AM

May 2010
Naoki-Saten said:

Hachiman was getting rejected by girls throughout grade school and middle school. While it wasn't as bad because, as you said, he didn't feel a thing for Ebina, he was still pretty much re-living the thing that traumatized him. Also, butting in on someone's confession like that is really not a nice thing to do. It went well this time, but Tobe could've totally blown up on Hachiman for pulling that stunt.

meh the 2nd part i can understand but the first not so much, i do remember all the confession flashbacks in S1 but i wouldn't think about that if i did what hachiman did, he just said empty words to ebina. but i guess it can be seen that way

still doesn't fix the yukinon issue tho, she went from "go do your thing i support you" to "i hate what u did" in a few seconds
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.