People Criticizing You Because Your Favorite Anime Is Well-Known/Popular

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2015 12:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
NHRoccodog said:
BurningSpirit said:
People mostly judge me for my favourite character list.

But nah, my "favourite" anime list is based on my rating of them. Some of which are outdated, but I can't change them (Don't question, it's recorded as the impression of it after I just finished watching a show, so changing it is a problem)
You can get judged for Clannad? :O
You'd be surprised
Apr 12, 2015 1:51 PM

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
NHRoccodog said:
You can get judged for Clannad? :O
You'd be surprised
And why would I be surprised? :O
Apr 12, 2015 1:52 PM

Oct 2009
Bully-kun said:
It's more like people don't even know how to critique an anime in the first place.

Anyways, if your favs are that popular, it shouldn't be that much of a problem considering you'll find plenty of people who love it.
If anything, I barely find anyone having Honey and Clover in their favs. Now that is a much more grave problem and I feel sad for humanity.

I liked it too but I didn't put it in favorites because it feels too close to home.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 12, 2015 2:02 PM

Mar 2015
Unyilkdr said:
Humans are created different. Just enjoy it until the end.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 12, 2015 2:06 PM
Apr 2014
NHRoccodog said:
HaXXspetten said:
You'd be surprised
Because a lot of people judge others for liking Clannad
Apr 12, 2015 3:09 PM

Sep 2013
Praland said:
aceparan said:
and people here love diabolik lovers which i HATE so yeah different strokes...

Are you sure?
It have a score of 5.90 here, doesn't seems very liked.

i meant here as in where i live
僕は。。。生きている
Apr 12, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2015
Gholy said:
NHRoccodog said:
Whats wrong with clannad? xD
Apr 12, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
y123y said:
I have also gotten criticized for not liking Shirou in Stay/Night

same here. the priests can be an annoying group when they see any sort of criticism about f/sn
Apr 12, 2015 5:49 PM

Jan 2015
NHRoccodog said:
Gholy said:
Whats wrong with clannad? xD

Its popular and highly acclaimed. Also that art style. Or something. I dont really know, people will find any reason to judge others.
Apr 12, 2015 6:42 PM

Jan 2014
"What you like is overrated and trash, what I like is better, your opinion is dumb and mine is better." - Everyone about anything, ever.

If something is famous it's probably for a good reason. If something is famous for a bad reason, that's called being infamous. Something is only famous or infamous if it is universally or widely recognized as such.

Notoriety is a very poor excuse to dislike someone's opinion on a show. It is irrational because it does not take the actual product into account. So, if you see someone post something unintelligent such as this on your wall, just assume they aren't very emotionally mature or secure in their own opinion.
Apr 13, 2015 8:48 AM

Feb 2015
[quote=Jaytr13 If something is famous it's probably for a good reason. If something is famous for a bad reason, that's called being infamous. Something is only famous or infamous if it is universally or widely recognized as such.[/quote] Lol, the most infamous person existing: Kim Kardashian
Apr 13, 2015 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
Bully-kun said:
It's more like people don't even know how to critique an anime in the first place.

Anyways, if your favs are that popular, it shouldn't be that much of a problem considering you'll find plenty of people who love it.
If anything, I barely find anyone having Honey and Clover in their favs. Now that is a much more grave problem and I feel sad for humanity.

Actually I find liking a lesser known anime gives you less trouble since people haven't actually seen it and therefore can't criticize your choice.
Apr 13, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2014
Lol, don't care about opinions :3
Apr 13, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
I don't care what people think about my favorites. People have different tastes and those losers need to get over themselves.
Apr 13, 2015 8:06 PM

Feb 2015
Its kinda funny though, If I say there wrong, they get all butt hurt and never shut up about it xD I think its so hilarious and the fact that im persistant and never let someone beat me when I know im right, I dont just let them win. They usually just give up and say there right and walk away xD
Apr 13, 2015 8:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well they can choke on a dick if they aren't happy about it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 13, 2015 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
If you don't agree with me you have shit taste.
Apr 13, 2015 8:13 PM

May 2014
NHRoccodog said:
"Yep, that's every 14 year olds' favorite anime."

Well you are 14 years old xD

If you like mainstream anime, you're a filthy casual xD
Apr 13, 2015 8:17 PM

Feb 2015
elementkg said:
NHRoccodog said:

No its just i find the anime i like good, you have a problem or not? xD
Apr 13, 2015 8:20 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
elementkg said:
NHRoccodog said:

you cant say that people are filthy casual when you rate guilty crown and fairy tail a 9 ._.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 13, 2015 8:30 PM

Feb 2015
DatRandomDude said:
elementkg said:

you cant say that people are filthy casual when you rate guilty crown and fairy tail a 9 ._.
Lol check your ratings before you say that elementkg
Apr 13, 2015 8:49 PM

Apr 2014
Too much elitism among anime fans. It really needs to stop. I mean, come one--we're watching anime.
Apr 13, 2015 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
Syndiciate said:
Bully-kun said:

Actually I find liking a lesser known anime gives you less trouble since people haven't actually seen it and therefore can't criticize your choice.

That wasn't my point tho.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 13, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2015
Bully-kun said:

I always find ppol who hates H&C bcoz of Hagu and the art
mostly are from A&M recs
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 13, 2015 9:04 PM

May 2012
Remv_quevav said:
Bully-kun said:

mostly are from A&M recs

Hagu is shit though. Everyone else is great.
Apr 13, 2015 9:05 PM

Jan 2015
PoeticJustice said:
Remv_quevav said:
mostly are from A&M recs

I dnt mind Hagu (Yamada and Mayama has more screentime anyways)
Apr 13, 2015 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Remv_quevav said:
mostly are from A&M recs

Hagu is not shit you miserable pleb
you and me 1v1 steel cage match.
Right now.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 13, 2015 10:11 PM

Oct 2013
stop liking mainstream shit then
Apr 13, 2015 11:11 PM

Jan 2013
Dude, my man OP, you clearly know what to say to those people who don't like your favs. Just look at your signature bro.
Apr 14, 2015 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
UnoPuntoCinco said:
stop liking mainstream shit then
Major123 said:
Dude, my man OP, you clearly know what to say to those people who don't like your favs. Just look at your signature bro.
Yes, I know. Plus, I said like what, 3 times, that I dont give a shit what others think. I made this post in order to see how others react.
Apr 14, 2015 1:05 PM

Oct 2009
Bully-kun said:
PoeticJustice said:

Right now.

Yamada best grill. Even though treated like shit. Still best grill.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 14, 2015 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Remv_quevav said:
mostly are from A&M recs

Woah, dem's fightin' words!
Apr 14, 2015 1:42 PM

Oct 2008
I've been told that before, I just ignore them or say I like the manga better to shut them up. What makes me said though is when they say they won't watch an anime like AoT because it's too mainstream, why does that have to be such a deciding factor in what you watch. I don't get some people.
Apr 14, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2015
DatRandomDude said:
elementkg said:

Well I gave Mirai Nikki a 9. And im aware of how shit the writing is. I just enjoyed it too much regardless to not give it a 9.
Apr 14, 2015 1:59 PM

Sep 2014
#Fatefaglife
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 14, 2015 2:05 PM

Nov 2013
LionCake said:
DatRandomDude said:

Well I gave Mirai Nikki a 9. And im aware of how shit the writing is. I just enjoyed it too much regardless to not give it a 9.

Not every anime needs to be brilliantly written to be a good one. Mirai Nikki isn't the type of anime that should be elaborate in plot anyway; it was made to have wide appeal and be mindlessly entertaining. There's plenty of "well-written" anime out there like Monster and NGE that have interesting plots but are boring as fuck in execution.

Presentation is what matters most, not the plot. The plot means nothing if it's not carried out in a good manner. For example Bakemonogatari and Madoka have vapid plots but shine through their execution
Apr 14, 2015 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
> rates SAO a 10 and has it in faves

Therein lies your problem then.

However, I do think the argument of "you haven't seen enough shows to know your taste" does apply if the shows you've completed is in the single digits. Or if you ONLY have seen popular shows (i.e. the Big Three maybe some other popular ones like SnK, SAO, TG, etc).

Apr 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
its simply OP
if their favorite anime are well known, usually they still watch well known anime.
if their favorite anime are not well known, usually they are already watch well know anime.
fanbase usually not criticize your favorite except you insult their favorite first.
and the first people who insult it even before know it is usually the real asshole who made fanbase wars.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 14, 2015 4:31 PM

Feb 2015
I seriously don't think people are getting this. I don't care or give a shit about what others think, just like how my signature states: "I don't give a damn". This thread was created to see how others react to it, and how it is for there own sake, not mine.
Apr 14, 2015 4:39 PM

Jun 2014
NHRoccodog said:
I seriously don't think people are getting this. I don't care or give a shit about what others think, just like how my signature states: "I don't give a damn". This thread was created to see how others react to it, and how it is for there own sake, not mine.

Wow OP you're so smart and deep and philosophical. Teach me your ways senpai!
Apr 14, 2015 4:56 PM

Mar 2015
2 of my favs get bashed all the time, never really cared
Apr 14, 2015 5:02 PM

Jun 2014
NHRoccodog said:

Honestly your list is so casual to an extent that I think its a fake list meant to help you achieve your point. Also the fact that you've watched "6" episodes of bleach and ten of fairy tail and Naruto which makes me believe you put random numbers in. Not that I have a problem with what anime others like, your list just really looks like one meant to gain attention.
Previously: BlueXRam
Apr 14, 2015 5:03 PM

Jan 2015
azzuRe said:
Bully-kun said:

Right now.

Yamada best grill. Even though treated like shit. Still best grill.
but all H&C gurls are best gurls
Apr 14, 2015 10:38 PM

Aug 2013
They are just jealous because outside of anime forums nobody knows or cares about their obscure favorites.
Apr 14, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2014
TarheelRam said:
NHRoccodog said:

Honestly your list is so casual to an extent that I think its a fake list meant to help you achieve your point. Also the fact that you've watched "6" episodes of bleach and ten of fairy tail and Naruto which makes me believe you put random numbers in. Not that I have a problem with what anime others like, your list just really looks like one meant to gain attention.

*Looks at own list*

*Shifts uncomfortably*

deftsu said:

TTGL and
TarheelRam said:
NHRoccodog said:

*Looks at own list*

*Shifts uncomfortably*

deftsu said:

AoT and TTGL?
Apr 15, 2015 4:07 AM

Jun 2014
Syndiciate said:
TarheelRam said:

*Looks at own list*

*Shifts uncomfortably*

deftsu said:

TTGL and
TarheelRam said:

*Looks at own list*

*Shifts uncomfortably*

deftsu said:

AoT and TTGL?

Sure, call my list casual but it the other list composes entirely of the anime docked most with the term "casual". Once again I said I don't judge other's people's anime but it looks suspicious in my eyes.
Previously: BlueXRam
Apr 15, 2015 4:27 AM

Nov 2014
Well, the OP is hacker, a programmer, a game developer, and a band member.

And apparently, he's a 14 year old college student.

Just... don't take him too seriously.

Apr 15, 2015 4:45 AM

Jan 2015
AzureDaora said:
Well, the OP is hacker, a programmer, a game developer, and a band member.

And apparently, he's a 14 year old college student.

Just... don't take him too seriously.
damn he has achieved much in his life at an early age
maybe I shood correct my life from now on
Apr 15, 2015 4:54 AM

May 2013
Meh. They just want to mess up your life. We should care less about other's opinion.

But the ironic thing is:
If your fav is popular/overrated: People will bash you.

If your fav is not popular/underrated: People will still bash you

Thats how the world works dude.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 15, 2015 5:03 AM

Nov 2014
I like my favorite anime and it's popular, now fite me.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
8 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
11 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
25 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.