Ask For Help About Anything *inspired by fellow noobs*

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 24, 2015 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
YesItsMants said:
SERIOUS HELP OMG:

ok here it goes... How does one classify an anime season...?

I mean, I know, Fall, Spring, Winter yada yada yada.
But in my country, there are only two seasons, Sunny and Rainy...
Is there like a specific date or something???(If this all sounds too stupid, then I am incredibly sorry)

January through March is Winter season; April through June is Spring season; July through September is Summer season; and October through December is Fall season.

From what I've read the general consensus seems to be that Fall tends to produce the most good shows, followed by Spring, Summer, and Winter in descending order of quality. Of course, not everyone agrees with that, and even those that do admit that there are exceptions- but it's good to keep in mind if you're new to watching airing shows.

Btw, MAL News Moderators post previews to upcoming series before said series air in the following season. This is the one for the current Spring season (so you can get an idea of what one looks like when completely filled out). The previews for the upcoming Summer season are here (they update the post as more titles are announced and more previews released). As you can see, they generally start compiling previews about a month before the new season starts.

Of course, by clicking into the anime's page, you can view the announcement topic for the title.

Hope that helped!

Edit: So I just realized this was a question from the first page, and someone already answered it with some details than I gave... Whoops. ~.~

But yeah, one cour is one season long, two cours is two seasons long, etc. A cour is usually 12 or 13 episodes, but can occasionally be a little more or less. Because of that, a two cours show could be anywhere from 22 to 28 episodes, for example.
TripleSRankJun 24, 2015 6:17 PM
Jun 24, 2015 6:24 PM

Nov 2011
This time I'll try to actually be helpful! :P

YesItsMants said:
Crap crap crap crap.

Ok, so I need serious help here... Ugh... Okay, here we go

I'm suffering from a rare disease called,
Ihaventbeenwatchinganimethatefficientlyoratallrecently-sitis.

I still find anime awesome and everything, its just I haven't been interested in watching it anymore recently.

I am still a noob, so I can't possibly be out of it right? ...right?

First, you might just need a break. This is very very normal. Go play some games, sports, or w/e and you'll most likely find yourself in the mood again at some point. (I take month or multiple month hiatuses sometimes.) Other than that, try to mix up your genres like Wings said. It could just be that you're burnt out on a specific genre rather than the entire medium. (I can be very moody when it comes to what genres I'm willing to watch at any given point.)

Finally, if it's a matter of having trouble finding something you think sounds interesting to watch, I think I have something that can help there too (right-click -> view image -> click, if you want to zoom in):

Aug 6, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
Snake2229 said:
actually I just figured my question out, nevermind lol

s0ck
okay this might take a bit of explaining, so cope with me

alright, first off, find a picture, second go to MAL edit profile, go to forum settings, now go back to the image, if the image is the right size (600 pixels widith, 150 pixels height is the largest it can be) then you simply put [img*]insert image url here[*/img] (remove the *)on your signature, if it don't work, or you want the picture to appear bigger, go to an image sharing site.

a good one that I use would be http://www.online-image-editor.com/ (but if you use this one you will also have to use another image sharing site (http://tinypic.com/ I'll tell you why further down this explanation)) you can save the image, or just put the url on that site to the bottom left,

after you do so, you should be given the option to resize after you upload the image,

now when you resize it, keep in mind you can't make it bigger, but you can make it smaller, after you do so, save the image, and go to tinypic.com

after you go there, upload the image there, don't edit it at all during the upload, just leave it to default (you should have already edited enough on the other site) once you upload it, copy the url in the second box down on the left

and then paste it on signature in your edit profile, forum settings

the reason for using the other image site, is because the first image site I gave you, doesn't have a forum url, it's missing the second box down, like what is shown in the second screenshot I took, so it won't work, and the reason I don't use the second image site for the resizing is because, you can resize it and all, but it's not as custom as the first one, the second one only gives you 5 or 6 resizing options, so to be COMPLETELY custom, I use the first site for the resizing

This has helped me so much with my avatar and signature! You have no idea how long it took me to find someone who actually would give step by step instructions on how to do it. Thank you! That helped so much:):):)
Aug 26, 2015 2:28 PM

Jan 2015
You're very Welcome! :) and your signature is awesome by the way Happy rules
Nov 5, 2015 3:25 AM

Mar 2015
TripleSRank said:
This time I'll try to actually be helpful! :P

YesItsMants said:
Crap crap crap crap.

Ok, so I need serious help here... Ugh... Okay, here we go

I'm suffering from a rare disease called,
Ihaventbeenwatchinganimethatefficientlyoratallrecently-sitis.

I still find anime awesome and everything, its just I haven't been interested in watching it anymore recently.

I am still a noob, so I can't possibly be out of it right? ...right?

First, you might just need a break. This is very very normal. Go play some games, sports, or w/e and you'll most likely find yourself in the mood again at some point. (I take month or multiple month hiatuses sometimes.) Other than that, try to mix up your genres like Wings said. It could just be that you're burnt out on a specific genre rather than the entire medium. (I can be very moody when it comes to what genres I'm willing to watch at any given point.)

Finally, if it's a matter of having trouble finding something you think sounds interesting to watch, I think I have something that can help there too (right-click -> view image -> click, if you want to zoom in):

Wow, I actually did exactly what you told me to do, without knowing you told me to do it (does that make sense?). I kind of went back to my other hobbies, namely Books, Guitar, Formula 1, Reddit etc.

What we have now however, is me really generally not being interested in this sort of thing lately, which I think also applies to my brother lately. I mean, we still think it's great, and every so often, we kind of watch an episode here and there, but recently, we just found ourselves wanting to do other things than watch anime or read manga.

(I feel like I sound really evil posting this on a MAL forum '_')
Nov 6, 2015 8:29 PM

Jan 2015
nah, nothin evil about it, for all I know I might lose interest randomly one day as well, it's already a little tricky because I find myself watching mostly new episodes to shows that are airing, though I recently started throwing naruto in there, which I can watch consistantly for awhile xD
Jun 25, 2017 11:21 PM

Mar 2015
To the top this goes
Jun 26, 2017 12:45 AM
Feb 2016
How to fix a broken kokoro T_T
Jul 30, 2017 10:52 PM

Jan 2015
Kat_Rina_Kris_ti said:
How to fix a broken kokoro T_T

more like how to fix a dead club ;-;
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime Recommendation

tough_bug - May 10, 2019

1 by aubizjehuty »»
Oct 1, 2021 5:04 PM

Sticky: » Noob Club Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tiekiller - Jul 18, 2014

634 by aubizjehuty »»
Sep 24, 2021 9:44 PM

» ^Say something about/to the person above you^ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShironMaoKyoshro - Sep 26, 2015

1080 by neXi0r »»
Feb 16, 2018 4:03 PM

» Discord

PapaCow - Jul 30, 2017

0 by PapaCow »»
Jul 30, 2017 9:16 PM

» This or That ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wings - Nov 6, 2014

1626 by UpperCat »»
Jul 23, 2017 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.