Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 7, 2015 1:33 PM

Feb 2010
Don't think there's any chronological order to reading these dairies? I only read Nico's so far..and I must say her dairy was fairly moving. Spoilers, obviously. And obviously, again; these dairies are really just something meant for fans of the series.

The dairy is divided into a several chapters:

Nico's Secret Measurements
From the tittle you can imagine what this chapter is about. Basically, Nico's insecurity about her body size. Being as she is ranked the lowest in every category for size except for her waist, I think? She actually beats Maki in waist size to my surprise. And as expected Umi doesn't really care about that topic when compared to another idol from another series with long blue hair.

Blog Discovered
And as exactly like the tittle of this chapter suggested, it's literally just Nico's own blog being discovered by her fellow group members. Any NicoMaki fans? You'll get a small taste of that here. Their friends pointing out how those two always seems to prefer being together. Also, Nico intentionally picks on Maki because she really finds it cute with the way Maki reacts. All that yuri tease.

Nico Nico Nii
All right, so the first two were supposedly humorous type of chapters. And then this one came along. The story behind the "nico nico nii" itself. Going in you can immediately tell that her father died. Which obviously explains why in the anime you only see Nico's mother. I'm sure this is something both the writers agreed upon. It is a sad matter for Nico, as her father was what kept her happy and motivated. What impact me was not her father's death, but the way she tries to cope with it. Usually we get this sort of depression mode from anime characters who lost their love ones, but for Nico it was something she just deals with and even used as further motivation.

Go Home
This is where the anime and the novel differs. The group member's visit is completely different. Along with Nico's siblings as well. In the anime Nico has three siblings while in the novel she has only twin sisters. But in the similar fashion Nico really doesn't like having people over in general.

Winter Wind
This chapter made me admire Nico a lot more. She really is determined and passionate about wanting to be an idol. Ever since she was a kid she always tried hard to make her dreams come true. Even with constant losses and rejection she still kept at it. She also admitted her reasoning to her failures was that she wasn't good enough compared to the victors, but that didn't stop her. Monetary issues affected her path disallowing herself to get to do things she wanted to learn or participate in. Also, what moved me was her ability to hold back her tears. She describes how she always felt like crying when constantly failing, but tells herself it's nothing worth to cry about. Throughout some part of the novel she describes how overtime she was able to stop herself from crying.

Nico and Muse
I thought the last chapter was a great finisher to the dairy. Nico gets sick and all friends show up! Nico describes how she hasn't been this happy since the days of her father being alive. It's as if all the weight has been lifted when muse happened. And now finally she feel it is okay to cry. After all the years of working hard and even losing someone she loved in the process; in the end she finally made it!

It was a good read; was a lot shorter than expected. Definitely something for Nico fans to check out!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» The faith of LL-cult's followers is truly frightening

bunny1ov3r - Dec 4, 2014

1 by bunny1ov3r »»
Apr 17, 2018 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.