Forum Settings
Forums

14 Year Old Girl Orders Her 20 Year Old Boyfriend To Kill Her Mother

New
Apr 7, 2015 11:48 AM

Oct 2011

A 14-year-old girl allegedly texted the words "Just do it" to her boyfriend mere hours before police found the teen's mother buried in a shallow grave.

Lehigh County, Pa., prosecutors are now charging Jamie Silvonek as an adult, along with her 20-year-old soldier boyfriend, Caleb Barnes, in the death of 54-year-old Cheryl Silvonek, The Morning Call reports.

The victim's body was covered in stab wounds when officers found it on March 15. Police said Barnes stabbed the woman in the head, neck, and torso multiple times while the woman's daughter watched.

Caleb Barnes' Facebook profile shows a photo of him and Jamie Silvonek. A large collection of knives is featured as his cover photo.

The killing was motivated by the victim's refusal to let Barnes date her underage daughter, according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by the Huffington Post.

In a series of text messages a day before the killing, the younger Silvonek attempted to create a backstory for Barnes' age.

"Caleb if [my mom] asks about your age say 16 and a half again, and that the reason you said 20 is you are used to lying about it to fellow soldiers in the army to avoid harassment so when you're in stressful scenarios it just comes out," one text read.

Barnes was on a weekend leave from Fort Meade in Maryland to visit Silvonek, who he allegedly thought was 17 years old at the time. The pair had made plans to see a Breaking Benjamin concert together, but became increasingly frustrated by the teen's mother, who initially refused to drive them to the show. That's when they plotted to kill the woman, police said.

"She needs to go, Caleb," the eighth-grader texted on the afternoon of March 14. "Right now. You don't understand."

Later that day, Cheryl Silvonek spoke to Barnes and showed him a passport of Jamie that showed she was 14 years old. The girl sent more than a dozen uninterrupted texts to Barnes in four minutes following the revelation:

"SHE'S LYING ABOUT MY AGE," one text reads. "JUST DO [IT]" says another.

"There's no way she could fake a passport," Barnes texts back.

Despite the argument, police said the two still decided to go through with killing the woman.

"I love you. We can do this," Silvonek texts Barnes. "We'll just drive her car then, right?"

"No. That leaves us as the suspects," Barnes texts.

The victim eventually agreed to drive the pair to the concert. After returning from the show, an argument in the woman's parked car at her home ended with Barnes stabbing her multiple times as Jamie watched, police said.

Silvonek and Barnes then drove two miles to a forested area, where they allegedly buried the victim in "loosely packed dirt and snow," the report says. A nearby neighbor noticed the couple and phoned police.

"I grabbed a spotlight and I could see down across the road was a vehicle facing the wrong way," Ray Werley told The Morning Call. "I seen all the blood in it. It was smeared on the passenger-side window like there was a fight, like there was a struggle. It was drops all on the dash … and all over the seat. And the car was locked. That's what scared me. I thought, was I down here and he was trying to get into the house?"

On their way back to the mother's house, Barnes and Silvonek stopped at a Wal-Mart where they allegedly purchased gloves, bleach, and rubbing alcohol.

Police traced the vehicle back to the residence. The girl's father, David, was asleep and unaware that his wife had been slain, according to Reuters.

When officers arrived at 4 a.m., they found the couple naked in bed together, according to the report. Police said Barnes admitted to the killing. Both have been charged with homicide and conspiracy.

Silvonek turned 14 in February, the minimum age to charge a child as an adult for murder in Pennsylvania.

"She's just crying for her mom, saying she misses her mom," Lawyer John Waldron told The Morning Call. "This is a child, who just turned 14. She's in shock."

http://www.huffingtonpost...n_6999834.html
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2015 11:50 AM
May 2014
Gov said:
snip

What a bitch lol.
Apr 7, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2012
The bitch is crazy and her boyfriend wtf he thinks he is angel lol

Apr 7, 2015 11:54 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014

I'm speachless. What a fu**** up times we live in
Apr 7, 2015 11:59 AM

Oct 2011
Silvonek turned 14 in February, the minimum age to charge a child as an adult for murder in Pennsylvania.

She is done.

Boyfriend should be getting some sexual offenses as well, considering Pennsylvania's age of consent is 16.
Apr 7, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
Have Nike ad campaigns gone too far?
Apr 7, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2014
Gov said:

She is done.

Boyfriend should be getting some sexual offenses as well, considering Pennsylvania's age of consent is 16.
The boyfriend will be getting murder charges. I guess the girl was an accessory to murder.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Apr 7, 2015 12:20 PM

Mar 2015
iwanttofugmikan said:

lol
Apr 7, 2015 12:21 PM

Feb 2015
Barnald said:

I'm speachless. What a fu**** up times we live in

Seriously man,what the hell!!
Apr 7, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2012
her boyfriend is going to get raped in the ass while in jail

Apr 7, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2011
The little princess, ain't no princess no more, she a full on monster.

Thanks Frozen. Let it go.
Apr 7, 2015 12:40 PM

Jan 2014
vansonbee said:

Don't blame Frozen. Blame Brave and its female empowerment/ anti-mother themes.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 7, 2015 12:41 PM
Apr 2014
RedRoseFring said:
vansonbee said:

Don't blame Frozen. Blame Brave and its female empowerment/ anti-mother themes.
Ban Pixar
Apr 7, 2015 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
"She's just crying for her mom, saying she misses her mom," Lawyer John Waldron told The Morning Call. "This is a child, who just turned 14. She's in shock."

Bitch please.
MangaKingApr 7, 2015 12:49 PM
Apr 7, 2015 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
Yandere bitch, she's just like that one girl in Japan that tried to kil her father and then killed her friend. Time for face life in prison.

Apr 7, 2015 12:46 PM

Oct 2011
Zeally said:
her boyfriend is going to get raped in the ass while in jail

Apr 7, 2015 1:06 PM
Jun 2014
So she had her mother killed just so she could get her rotten fanny wet? If I could, I'd have their tongues cut off, their heads shaved and have them shovel horse shit for the rest of their lives because scumbags like this don't deserve to live.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 7, 2015 3:37 PM

May 2014
Lash_ said:
because scumbags like this don't deserve to live.
they thought the same way about the mother
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Apr 7, 2015 3:39 PM

Jun 2011
OnlyTemporary said:
Lash_ said:
because scumbags like this don't deserve to live.
they thought the same way about the mother
dun dun dunnnnnn
Apr 7, 2015 3:47 PM

Jan 2010
The boyfriend will likely rot in prison for the rest of his life getting f'd in the A as he rightfully deserves. The girl however will likely come out with a slap on the wrist. American courts are extremely soft on adult women who commit murder themselves. No way in hell is a 14 yr old accessory of a murder is going to get harsh penalty, even though she must.
Apr 7, 2015 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
Hope they both rot.
Apr 7, 2015 4:14 PM
Nov 2014
Damn, what a bitch.
Apr 7, 2015 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
I feel sorry for the father, he lost his wife and daughter without warning.
Apr 7, 2015 4:39 PM
May 2014
MangaKing said:
I feel sorry for the father, he lost his wife and daughter without warning.

Shit had not thought of him, poor dude.
Hes probably just a wage slave too.
Apr 7, 2015 4:44 PM

Apr 2015
There's a father in the story too? Damn.

Edit: Wasn't done reading the whole thing but still, damn.
Apr 7, 2015 5:56 PM

Jul 2014
14 years old or 4 years old, if you're capable of that shit you should get the death penalty, they will just do it again.
Apr 7, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2014
Whaaaaaaat?! Darn... kids these days.
Apr 7, 2015 6:07 PM

Dec 2013
MdDaniels said:
14 years old or 4 years old, if you're capable of that shit you should get the death penalty, they will just do it again.

^

I watch forensic files all the time, so it's not very surprising how stupid and 'crazy' this story is.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Apr 7, 2015 6:38 PM

May 2010
14 year old with a 20 year-old. Anyone else notice there is another problem...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 7, 2015 6:38 PM

Aug 2014
Gov said:

She is done.

Its only illegal if they did it. If it was just kissing and dating, then its not a crime.
Apr 7, 2015 6:46 PM

Feb 2014
1. Why is a 14 year old dating a 20 year old
2. How can her mother allow her
3. She needs to chill the fuck down
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
Apr 7, 2015 6:48 PM

May 2014
43211 said:
Gov said:

She is done.

Its only illegal if they did it. If it was just kissing and dating, then its not a crime.
The dude killed someone for her. You don't kill for your bae unless you gettin some poon
Apr 7, 2015 6:54 PM

Aug 2014
-shotz said:
this why its best to be gay. fucking crazy women

You mean this is why it's best to be wise.
Apr 7, 2015 7:00 PM

May 2014
-shotz said:
You do realize that the dude is crazier in this scenario than the chick right? I mean he actually went through with killing someone over this trivial shit.
Apr 7, 2015 7:02 PM

Jul 2011
IIRC there was a case where a young girl like that asked her boyfriend to kill her entire family and he broke into their house and did it...
Apr 7, 2015 7:05 PM

Jul 2011
Varista said:
What a bitch lol.

Hoppy said:
Yandere bitch

-shotz said:

What the hell are your priorities
It was the boyfriend who actually went out and killed someone, HELLO?
And Hoppy .. please dont use stupid anime character tropes to describe actual people
Apr 7, 2015 7:10 PM

May 2014
marriage said:

And Hoppy .. please dont use stupid anime character tropes to describe actual people
quit being tsun tsun
Apr 7, 2015 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
iwanttofugmikan said:
lol xD
Apr 7, 2015 7:19 PM

Jul 2011
-shotz said:
marriage said:

What the hell are your priorities
It was the boyfriend who actually went out and killed someone, HELLO?
well i'd say they both deserve hefty sentences. putting a hit on someone is pretty serious too.

Ok but if your immediate response to this story is something derogatory about the female and no comment on the dude being a paedophile/murderer, then youve probably got some deeper issues.
And Im not defending her at all by the way
Apr 7, 2015 7:33 PM

Jul 2011
-shotz said:
marriage said:

Ok but if your immediate response to this story is something derogatory about the female and no comment on the dude being a paedophile/murderer, then youve probably got some deeper issues.
no i'd say if anyone has issues it's someone who can't recognize a joke.

I am obviously addressing more people than just you who do say it seriously so...
think harder
Apr 7, 2015 7:38 PM

Aug 2014
marriage said:
-shotz said:
well i'd say they both deserve hefty sentences. putting a hit on someone is pretty serious too.

Well, he thought that she was 17 at first. It wasnt until the mom showed him a passport that he knew of her real age.
Apr 7, 2015 7:44 PM

Jul 2011
43211 said:
Well, he thought that she was 17 at first. It wasnt until the mom showed him a passport that he knew of her real age.

She clearly doesnt look older than 15 though. A 20 year old man should know what women his age look like. And going for a high schooler is still creepy when youre 18+.

shotz, Im sorry for hurting your feelings...
Apr 7, 2015 7:47 PM

May 2012
love makes you do crazy things
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 7, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2014
marriage said:
43211 said:

She clearly doesnt look older than 15 though. A 20 year old man should know what women his age look like. And going for a high schooler is still creepy when youre 18+.

Age of consent in Pensylvania is 16.

The whole "creepy" stuff is just your moral standards. Im not gonna argue with your moral values.
Apr 7, 2015 7:55 PM

Jul 2011
43211 said:
marriage said:

Age of consent in Pensylvania is 16.

The whole "creepy" stuff is just your moral standards. Im not gonna argue with your moral values.

Its not just based on morals, theres a big difference in mental maturity between a high schooler and a 20 year old, unless hes a complete idiot. Im sure he was aware that he was in some way taking advantage of a younger girl when he decided to date her.
Apr 7, 2015 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
lnfo said:
love makes you do crazy things
Apr 7, 2015 8:12 PM

May 2013
honestly i'm no longer surprised by the stupid things people do
Apr 7, 2015 10:36 PM

Dec 2007
elfenliedXsis said:
1. Why is a 14 year old dating a 20 year old
2. How can her mother allow her
3. She needs to chill the fuck down
1. Makes her feel like a big girl.
2. Read the story: She didn't. That's why the girl wanted her out of the picture.
3. Too late now.

Masked_Mantis said:
Gov said:

She is done.

The boyfriend will be getting murder charges. I guess the girl was an accessory to murder.
Actually, she's an accomplice. An accessory (before the fact) is someone who is not present at the scene but who's actions were necessary for the commission of the crime. Someone who is present and actively encourages the action would be charged as an accomplice. Once upon a time, there was a major legal distinction, with accessory getting a lighter punishment. Now, both get you the full penalty suffered by the perpetrator.

The appropriate charge in this case is most likely First Degree Murder. In Pennsylvania, that leaves only two options for sentencing: Life in prison or death. As a minor, she won't get death, but life can easily go down. He could get death though.

They might plea it down or defeat a first degree charge. It most likely won't be Second, which requires the death to be resultant from the commission of another felony. Third Degree Murder is 20-40 years, unless the death results from drug sales, in which case the minimum drops to 5. Obviously, a knife is not a drug, but it would be fun to see someone try to argue it.

The last option is Voluntary Manslaughter, which would only fly though a plea, or if they managed to show it was in a sudden fit of rage or some other such "temporary insanity" type emotional disturbance - unlikely given the evidence on hand. That's 10-20.

jonnyhan said:
The boyfriend will likely rot in prison for the rest of his life getting f'd in the A as he rightfully deserves. The girl however will likely come out with a slap on the wrist. American courts are extremely soft on adult women who commit murder themselves. No way in hell is a 14 yr old accessory of a murder is going to get harsh penalty, even though she must.
See above. They can't be soft when the law is written so hard. Only a few areas that give excessive sentencing leeway to judges have that much of a problem. Assuming the jury doesn't acquit in some absurd display of sympathy, it's at best a question on which part of the range it lands. And the range for Murder 1 is limited to life, or life, or life. I can introduce you to a few other teenagers who found out the hard way that you can't get around these sentencing laws.
Apr 7, 2015 11:16 PM

Jul 2013
The only good thing in this disturbing news is the Breaking Benjamin concert.
Apr 7, 2015 11:20 PM

Mar 2015

really messed up,feel sorry for that father
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.