Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2015 9:15 AM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I knew rod titan could stand up! He makes the collosal titan looks like his son. People are screaming running for their life. This scene seems pretty similar to the first time the collosal titan attack.

Based historia also getting memories of her father? The squad use a special device to fix wall hands to the wall. Eren turns titan and throws barrel full of explosive powder to his face. And the battle start.

We also see some flashback with rod. Translation isn't that good though.

keragammingApr 6, 2015 1:15 PM
Apr 6, 2015 5:28 PM

Oct 2013
Wait its out?
Apr 6, 2015 7:30 PM

Dec 2013
FrozenRemains said:
Wait its out?

Not yet but I assume OP read the ch summary and looked at the spoiler pics. No scanlations out afaik atm.
mods are cucks
Apr 8, 2015 2:03 AM

Dec 2013
Thankful Rod didn't turn back and start walking away.
Apr 8, 2015 3:53 PM

Mar 2014
Aw shit, i'm hyped. The raws for the next chapter are out, I can't read it but it seems that Eren has a lot of character reflection. The action was looking cool as fuck.
A lot happened in this chapter from what I can tell and it seems paced well.
I'll add more to the discussion once the chapter is translated. I'm actually hyped.
Apr 8, 2015 6:27 PM

Dec 2013
Got to see the translation on crunchyroll.

A lot of self reflecting and flashbacks which were okay.

No idea why Rodd was trying to transform Historia into that thing...

Doubt it is done yet. No fodder have died yet.

Historia has grown a lot as a character which I sort of liked. Still find her boring -_-

Overall solid chapter.
Apr 8, 2015 6:42 PM
Sep 2012
This was a great chapter i loved how they connected those kids seeing a titan stand over the wall to when eren,armin and mikasa saw the colossal titan the only difference this time is that they fucking wrecked that bitch. Although i will say im getting tired of eren someone really needs to give in a serious confidence boost so he can stop hitting himself.
Apr 8, 2015 8:08 PM

Sep 2013
Character development for Eren.
Nice!!
Apr 8, 2015 8:24 PM

Jan 2009
it looks like Eren overcome his pathetic self, and Historia will become the new ruler of the walls
Apr 8, 2015 10:35 PM
Feb 2012
Rod Reiss is slain, and Historia herself seizes the coup de grâce in a sly move to claim legitimacy as Humanity's Rightful Ruler™. Nothing ingratiates a hero figure to the masses quite the same way as publicly sparing them from their immediate doom.

Personally, I thought they were just going to give Historia the credit no matter who felled Reiss for exactly that reason, but given the flashes of his memories she seems to have seen, it looks as though she did truly land the final blow. If anyone wants to complain about how she beat out the other, more seasoned Titan-slayers also going in for the kill, I think I can offer an answer: look when she passes by Jean and Connie. She's expelling far more gas than any of the other soldiers we see, which was established way back in the battle for Trost as an effective-but-reckless (and also wasteful) way of moving drastically faster than normal. (For reference: When Mikasa is leading the other soldiers on the charge towards headquarters, Armin observes she's outpacing them not through sheer skill [which the others assume], but because she's exorbitantly expending her fuel.)

I'm rather pleased the battle isn't drawn out, here. A clever strategy wins the day rather hassle-free this time around, which is nice to see. Anchor Rod's hands to the Wall, then vigorously apply an explosive direct-delivered to his head, detonated by his own aura of inexhaustible heat. Maybe it'll be anticlimactic to some, but I find it refreshing. Sometimes, things do go well for the heroes. Yaaaay. I also like that they didn't just rely on Eren's newfound crystallizing powers to triumph; that would've be a bit too trite, I feel.

On another note, Eren has been showing some striking self-confidence issues now that he's discovered that he isn't anyone special, and his powers weren't ever "meant" for him. That's somewhat interesting. I hope to see this explored further in the future.
Apr 8, 2015 11:41 PM

Jan 2011
Some character development for both Eren and Historia! Eren is finally accepting his ways and beginning to try his best to help out everyone. Historia also finally accepts herself and is moving on her own accord. Queen Historia, let's go!
Apr 9, 2015 12:25 AM

Jun 2013
Battle starts for real..how interesting

well of course people will ask Questions if suddenly you say that start heading away from city...I would be like that...and suspensions towards Military has risen since the revelation of the fake king huh. No surprise there.

...Well looks like Eren still haven't gotten his battle spirit back huh..and yes..this start look like Fall of Shinehigan District....and Finally!!! Self-beating is the best cure.

Aaand...Rod Stands.....and Civilians know now that there is Titan just behind the Wall!! Panic Rampage!!!! Welll looks like...they finished him off before he could actually do any damage!!! XD

Historia commence Patrice...Well Rod was not any kind of Father.
...and Damn...If that does not make it so that No one can Question Historia's right to Rule... then nothing can...true Queen's Rule...Start's from here!!!
JarjaxleApr 9, 2015 12:45 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 9, 2015 12:36 AM

Aug 2012
Good chapter and some more character development for both Historia and Eren.
Apr 9, 2015 2:00 AM

Oct 2013
I laughed when Eren punched himself and Armin said, "You wanted to hurt yourself? It's not time for that Yet." I don't know why I found that funny but I did. Anyways I'm happy that Eren was able to wake himself up and return to the determined suicidal fool that we have all grown accustom to.

Eren and Historia were great in this chapter, they stole the show so hopefully no one has anything else to complain about when it comes to their feelings and emotions. I've enjoyed their character development thus far but I'm not going to lie and say I haven't been frustrated with their dialogue in some moments. Nevertheless I think Isayama has done a good job showing their growth as young adults who have been emotionally damaged since childhood. I'm also glad that it wasn't Levi or Mikasa who finished it off, those to get enough glory as it is, so it's good to see other characters shine when given the opportunity.

I have to admit I have gained a little bit of respect for Rod Reiss. I still think he is a manipulative bastard who got swept up in his family's twisted traditions, However it's clear to us now that he was not lying to his daughter. Those memories showed us that there was a time where he wanted the titans to be destroyed so mankind could be truly free. We also got see how he got involved with Historia's mother. Apparently she gave him "Comfort" in his time of need.
APracticalStonerApr 9, 2015 2:05 AM
"I'm saying that guns aren't for threats, they're for actions."-Shanks
Apr 9, 2015 2:52 AM

Jul 2012
Seeing those kids made Eren think that he didn't want the same thing that happened to himself, Mikasa, and Armin five years ago to happen to those kids also. That and after watching how strong Historia has become, Eren finally got his shit together!

Also, Rod's titan form had organs? That's... interesting.

I'm really interested to see where it goes from here. Hopefully Reiner, Bertholdt, and Ymir make an appearance again. And maybe Annie finally gets out of that crystal?
Apr 9, 2015 5:20 AM

Jan 2014
Badass-Armin said:
Anyways I'm happy that Eren was able to wake himself up and return to the determined suicidal fool that we have all grown accustom to.

I really doubt. He will probably never be suicidal fool. I think that in few chapters he become a really badass person. Like a true hero, or true soldier.

5/5

sorry bad english
Apr 9, 2015 5:23 AM

Apr 2013
Historia is amazing!
She's really becoming a great character.
Apr 9, 2015 6:48 AM

Feb 2010
Great character development this chapter. I think Eren will be heading back to his determined self but with a whole new state of mind. Time to see his real skill B-).

Eren, we expect greater things from you so no pressure lol.
Apr 9, 2015 8:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mikasa carrying barrels like they're nothing. Way to go girl.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 9, 2015 8:37 AM

May 2013
Good chapter. Eren getting out of that funk of his. Historia has grown a lot as a character too.
Apr 9, 2015 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
It's nice to see Eren back in action :) Rod Titan apparently has internal organs and no face, lol.
Apr 9, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
I think best chapter in a while.
Apr 9, 2015 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
So Historia and Eren are accepting their responsibilities. Interesting. I think their will is strong to take on these Titans and protect the people. I want to see their true potentials. And also, I wonder what other Titans may show up in these upcoming chapters.
Apr 9, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
I loved that chapter: seeing how they managed to kill Rod (well done), the children's situation which looked like 5 years before, ... I also loved the part with Historia, damn from a weak, sad girl to a determined badass queen. I really like her. The only thing I ddin't like was that the fight against Rod was way to fast if I compare the chapters it took for that fight. Loved that chapter and I want MORE. So, now, I guess the arc is over now,no? (2nd season of the anime will probably end here?)
Apr 9, 2015 3:28 PM

Jul 2014
Probably the end of season 2 there, looks like Historia won't just be the ruler in name only, assuming she did kill Rod I'd say she earned her title.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2015 4:00 PM

Oct 2013
BillyMaloney said:
Probably the end of season 2 there, looks like Historia won't just be the ruler in name only, assuming she did kill Rod I'd say she earned her title.

I don't think so, the second season will probably end in the next chapter when they crown historia queen to give it a good closure. It would be really shitty to end the 2nd season without showing the viewers historia officially being crown as queen.

Just like how the first season ended with the aftermath of the female titan battle. If they were to end it at this chapter, it would be like following exactly what the manga did and end it with mikasa seen the titan in the wall.

Though it depends if isayama Will crown her as queen in the next chapter. But I'm pretty sure isayama is writing this with season 2 in mind.

Anime watchers will probably be disappointed that they haven't went to the basement in the 2nd season. But I think they will be pretty cool with it since they got a shit load of answers.
keragammingApr 9, 2015 4:19 PM
Apr 9, 2015 4:24 PM

Dec 2008
Good chapter! Nice character development with Eren and Historia
Apr 9, 2015 7:41 PM

May 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Good chapter and some more character development for both Historia and Eren.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 9, 2015 8:42 PM

Sep 2013
Why is this still boring? Should I take a break from the manga?
Apr 9, 2015 9:23 PM

Oct 2013
Old_Raven said:
Why is this still boring? Should I take a break from the manga?

Why not? if you think you need a break then do it.
Apr 10, 2015 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
This chapter was quite cheering after watching Levi's 2nd OVA. Too many feelz in one day.

Historia is becoming such a badass character without the need for OP abilities :') I just hope she doesn't end like her father. Please-please-please-please-please Isayama, don't pull the rug under your readers, I'm still recovering from Petra!
And we finally got some character growth on Eren's side... NOW GET TO THE BASEMENT! No, but seriously, they have no excuse now, hardening abilities and political control. What evil will Isayama bring forth now? (Too much time without any of the good guys dying, that's unsettling)
5/5
Apr 10, 2015 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
Why did Historia say that she is the Queen? She said she will act on her own accord, maybe she's still being controlled by Rod.
The character development of Eren was nice, I hope he doesn't think that he's a burden anymore.
I have the feeling that the fight isn't over yet, there's gonna be a plot in the next chapter.
So there's not gonna be a chapter in May? WHY?! I can't wait that long ;_;

Apr 10, 2015 6:17 AM

Dec 2013
Now THAT was some juicy action. I'm usually not a fan of action in manga but this fight just felt so good to read. Not too long nor too fast, this shit animated will look amazingballs.

Glad to see some development in Eren though it's not much.

Next chapter is gonna be a calmer one I think.

Legit 5/5 for this chapter, loved it.
Apr 10, 2015 7:35 AM
Sep 2014
Very action-packed chapter with some character development for Historia and Eren.
This was a fun chapter. It had been a while since the last time I actually enjoyed reading a SNK chapter, but this one gives me hope for what is to come.
Also, I'm not very happy with the fact that next chapter comes out in June instead of May, so we'll have to wait for two months. Ugh, well... whatever makes Isayama happy, I guess.

Apr 10, 2015 8:13 AM
Apr 2012
Really nice chapter. It had a nice plan, nice pace and amazing character development for Eren and Historia.
I liked the fact that it was Historia ending Rod, since it's like closing a chapter of her life. Of course she'd never forget her father, but you probably get what I am saying. Well, moving on.

I found interesting the way Rod was slain since it was different, with the barrels. It was nice seeing a different thing. It was really awesome.

Also, about those flashbacks, I grown to see a different side of things. Besides Rod still being a manipulative person, I think he thought he was doing the right thing.

I'm sad about Eren, but I'm happy that Isayama is doing things this way. I think if after what he discovered, he just stayed normal, like we saw him, it wouldn't feel realistic. But Eren is a very strong person so he will overcome. I hope it is soon though, I don't like seeing my baby depressed. ;_;

I'm kinda scared for the next chapter, the pace is going so calm and everything going well and we know how Isayama doesn't make easy things for his characters. I think shit is about to go down.

I'm so excited. THE QUEEN STANDS!
Apr 10, 2015 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
Dank chapter. Almost thought that they're done for.
Queen intensifies.
Apr 10, 2015 9:40 AM
Aug 2014
This chapter was interesting, but I couldn't give it a five star rating. I really wanted to praise Isayama's hardwork, but I think I wouldn't be true to what I feel. I recognize I need some fight in Mangas to keep me readingthem, and as thus I kind of feel inferior to these readers saying the political Ark is more pleasant than the wall breach Ark.
Mainly because I enjoy action and because I had all these ideas and hopes for where the story would go, and Isayama is being simplistic with the deliver of these chapters. I think, because of the mentions of war between men and the industrial can they found, humankind made an experiment that went wrong halfway through and some parcel of it had to do something desperate.
It doesn't mean everywhere in the world is like this. There must be other communities and villages around the world and maybe a fully developed capital. This, the outside aspect of living in a walled city is more enjoyable, because it's really mysterious: and lately, I think Attack on Titan fans has been giving too much praise to the mysteries that are getting old and not really proving interesting to read.
This is why I give this chapter a four.
Apr 10, 2015 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
IsGalis said:
Very action-packed chapter with some character development for Historia and Eren.
This was a fun chapter. It had been a while since the last time I actually enjoyed reading a SNK chapter, but this one gives me hope for what is to come.
Also, I'm not very happy with the fact that next chapter comes out in June instead of May, so we'll have to wait for two months. Ugh, well... whatever makes Isayama happy, I guess.

Chapter 69 will be out next month. That's just how the issue is set. So for eg. the July issue would come out in June.

I don't know why the translators keep putting that there when all it does is confuses people. Sigh.
Apr 10, 2015 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
Good progress there, I see that Rod is one big ass hollow titan. Good for Eren that he is slowly accepting his Titan form but still has problems of being a sucker of a coward. Historia the "Queen" of the Walls, im liking the sound of that.

But next issue on June? Maaan that is even worse than One Piece on break. I thought SnK was a monthly thing. Dammit Isayama.
Apr 10, 2015 12:33 PM

Sep 2012
Those three kids are going to be the main characters in the future Attack on Titan reboot, I bet. Like f*cking Harry Potter.

Historia is badass, my opinion of her has changed completely over these past few chapters.

Also, Rod Titan is fugly as sh*t.

Isayama, seriously? June?
Apr 10, 2015 2:42 PM

Sep 2014
Why had Rod's Titanform organs? Titans aren't supposed to have organs. Is this somehow related to the fact that Rod stated, he "can't" transform into a titan or something?
Apr 10, 2015 2:59 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
My opinion of Historia changed this chapter.+1

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Apr 10, 2015 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
Lichtspiel said:
Why did Historia say that she is the Queen? She said she will act on her own accord, maybe she's still being controlled by Rod.
The character development of Eren was nice, I hope he doesn't think that he's a burden anymore.
I have the feeling that the fight isn't over yet, there's gonna be a plot in the next chapter.
There is going to be a chapter next month.
Apr 10, 2015 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Lichtspiel said:
There is going to be a chapter next month.

Yes, I saw that in the posts. Nevertheless, it's still confusing when it accidentally says so in the manga.

Apr 11, 2015 4:32 AM

May 2014
moechintai3 said:
This chapter was interesting, but I couldn't give it a five star rating. I really wanted to praise Isayama's hardwork, but I think I wouldn't be true to what I feel. I recognize I need some fight in Mangas to keep me readingthem, and as thus I kind of feel inferior to these readers saying the political Ark is more pleasant than the wall breach Ark.

Ugh same here man, I can't really enjoy the political arc :(
As for this chapter I'm kinda confused, like what did Historia actually do at the end? Did she finish Rod? And why'd she state to be the new queen....
Apr 11, 2015 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
Badass-Armin said:
I laughed when Eren punched himself and Armin said, "You wanted to hurt yourself? It's not time for that Yet." I don't know why I found that funny but I did. Anyways I'm happy that Eren was able to wake himself up and return to the determined suicidal fool that we have all grown accustom to.

this made me laugh too... don't really know why though.

the last three chapters were all about Eren's and Historia's character development... it's really good to see Eren finally standing a bit regularly (ever since the beginning of this series he was pissing me off)... Historia became a really great character now but somehow I think it's a bit overboard... I mean before the last three chapters she was in a total loss and only do what her father tell her... this change in determinations was a bit fast or maybe it's just me.

great chapter... really liked it... looking forward for the next issue.
Apr 11, 2015 9:20 AM

Jan 2011
the rise of the yuri queen :)
Apr 11, 2015 9:24 AM

Dec 2013
Namsung said:
moechintai3 said:

Ugh same here man, I can't really enjoy the political arc :(
As for this chapter I'm kinda confused, like what did Historia actually do at the end? Did she finish Rod? And why'd she state to be the new queen....

I'm not sure either. I thought she just simply chopped up a random piece of Rod that was falling down from the sky.
Apr 11, 2015 11:25 AM

May 2009
Dat titan had some great design IMO. I like to think that he lost his face by dragging his head over the ground, but if i remember the titan rules correctly, shouldn't it have regenerated or something? But nevermind that.

Why had Rod's Titanform organs? Titans aren't supposed to have organs. Is this somehow related to the fact that Rod stated, he "can't" transform into a titan or something?

I wondered that as well. The whole concept is confusing. He at least doesnt seem to have a stomach.

Anyways, I'm glad the seem to have finished him off in one chapter, instead of dragging this battle out. Ready for the next arc or whatever.
Apr 11, 2015 7:49 PM

Jun 2013
Now I remember why I put this crap on hold.

The month long wait is unbearable!!!!!!

"The Queen Rises"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.