Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2007 7:13 AM

Apr 2007
This anime reminds me of DragonBall.Its produced by the same animation studio of Bleach and Naruto.
May 1, 2007 9:33 AM

Mar 2007
same studio yeah, but it reminds of dragonball because the creator is the mastermind behind dragonball so yeah its matched the same.

The main character is based on goku or gohan, then that other little guy is trunks, the woman is suppose to be android 18 and the one on the electronical wagon is suppose to be young bulma and then also the blond older guy in the intro is Hercule en many other resambles characters.

Anyway I watched the first subbed episode and I like it somewhat even tough its dragonball stylish I did enjoyed the DBZ part mostly. So I hope this anime gonna be pretty good it looks atleast better then DBZ at the moment.
May 2, 2007 4:59 PM

Apr 2007
Eyeshield21 said:
same studio yeah, but it reminds of dragonball because the creator is the mastermind behind dragonball so yeah its matched the same.

The main character is based on goku or gohan, then that other little guy is trunks, the woman is suppose to be android 18 and the one on the electronical wagon is suppose to be young bulma and then also the blond older guy in the intro is Hercule en many other resambles characters.

Anyway I watched the first subbed episode and I like it somewhat even tough its dragonball stylish I did enjoyed the DBZ part mostly. So I hope this anime gonna be pretty good it looks atleast better then DBZ at the moment.

lol well, Akira Toriyama is indeed the one behind Dragonball Z.. he was only responsible for the characters designs in Blue Dragon. Thus why they resemble DBZ.. none of the characters are really based on DBZ characters, just his art "style" is very generic and most of his characters look relatively the same.
May 2, 2007 9:53 PM

Mar 2007
I never said the anime is based on DBZ, its just the characters are basically just copies from the serie how you look at it.
That doesn´t change the fact I loved this anime though lol just stated the obvious how the characters look like xD

though the subbing is awefully slow hey already have like 4 or 5 episodes released and just one has been subbed.
Though I readed somewhere that Viz had already licensed it from the start as soon as the first episode was aired.
May 3, 2007 1:36 AM

Apr 2007
I watched it, and i'm going to keep watching it. It's making me want the game even more. Too bad it doesn't come out for a few months.
May 3, 2007 6:39 AM

Mar 2007
Yeah I love it so far though gonan take some time I think to see the 2nd episode get released they take ages to sub one =(

And about the game yeah its one of the very few I want for my Xbox 360, as it will only be released on that one, and they say it will launch around mid September.
May 3, 2007 11:13 AM

Apr 2007
Eyeshield21 said:
I never said the anime is based on DBZ, its just the characters are basically just copies from the serie how you look at it.
That doesn�t change the fact I loved this anime though lol just stated the obvious how the characters look like xD

Neither did I say that the anime was based on DBZ, was just saying why the characters look very much like those from DBZ.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the game on the 360 as well.. probabaly why I won't watch the anime because I'd like the story to be something new when I play the game in Aug :D
May 3, 2007 11:54 AM

Mar 2007
You know the weird thing is with Blue Dragon :P

The guy had fixed the script for the game before the anime even, but because it had something so good they holded of the game abit and started to do some on making the anime.

So originally the Game was there before the idea making the anime its the other way around hehe, usually its a game based on anime, though this is kinda an anime based on the game.

And August is kinda wrong I think unless you import it from japan or maybe USA.....european release is in September =( we are always last too get *sigh*
May 3, 2007 12:15 PM

Apr 2007
Well I'm from Canada and seeing as how we have the same release dates as the USA, Aug is correct in my case ;)
May 3, 2007 12:22 PM

Mar 2007
Okay I see, well you win then yeah, if you get it in August be sure to make a topic or post in here with some screens and all when you played it, I know it will make me want too have it even more, but atleast I can enjoy watching some stuff from your play :D
May 5, 2007 10:21 AM

Apr 2007
Yeah when its out in August if there isn't a topic for it already I'll be sure to make one and leave my impressions :)
May 5, 2007 12:33 PM

Mar 2007
I just found out there is a store at my dad's place wich import games for all consoles so I might be able to get the game at the same time, so can't wait too get it now lol xD
May 5, 2007 7:50 PM

Apr 2007
Nice, you may want to look online a bit first though to see if your European console would be compatible with the North American version of the game. In some cases like that they won't work because of region protection, but there are some exceptions.
May 5, 2007 10:53 PM

Mar 2007
Yeah thats right, haven't readed or seen any info yet on Blue Dragon though, but I readed a article of microsoft xbox team will delete all accounts with illegal games playing under a differend name or so that they can play non european games and stuff.

I will have a look into it, but isn't 360 region free, I mean aslong as I order the original game from USA or Japan it should be allowed right ?
May 6, 2007 9:56 AM

Apr 2007
I haven't heard anything of Microsoft deleting accounts for this but it could be true.
I've heard of people doing it before so it shouldn't be a problem.
A site you may want to check once it's released here is: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html . Which usually has a good updated list of the compatibility (To show whether your console is compatible with a certain game. NTSC-J = Asia NTSC-U/C = North America PAL = Europe.
May 6, 2007 10:12 AM

Mar 2007
ahh nice link, I will keep an eye on that 1 also the price is pretty low of what I see just 38 Euro thats pretty cheap for a game like that, not that I care the better for me lol.
So far just only the japanese one has been ready, so just have too wait indeed then.
Aug 20, 2008 11:39 PM

May 2008
You know, I wasn't sure how much I was gonna like this show, but you know, I think I'm gonna really like it.

Also, why do all Akira Toriyama's character designs look the same?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 19, 2010 9:03 PM
Jul 2009
I realy did like this I just decided to see it now though, I didn't think it would be worth watching, I had serious low expectations, it looks DBZ, but ain't based on any of the ideas, so I didn't find it aloring . But I took that back and slapped my self in the head while I had my eyes glued to the screen. Its nothing the same, but couldn't be better, and its nothing like pokemon, as i expected. Atleast the shadows can talk with a sense of wit. My only problem was with Zola's alittle. Can't wait to get more of this.
Markr24Sep 19, 2010 9:07 PM
Jul 21, 2020 5:36 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A nostalgic reason i've come here. Cause i don't really had a time to watched this till the end. So, lets just started what i left in before.

Yeah, that weird looking spirit came as the power of shadow. In my child play, they called 'Jin'. Lol. What a day i had there. Interesting....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 1, 2021 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
Never played the game sadly (one day tho), but this could be pretty cool, love the Toriyama char design and Zola already.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Dragon Episode 51 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Jun 28, 2009

8 by KiyoXDragon »»
Apr 19, 2022 9:32 AM

Poll: » Blue Dragon Episode 12 Discussion

badabass - Jul 23, 2020

1 by Alex_BD »»
Mar 28, 2022 3:24 AM

Poll: » Blue Dragon Episode 11 Discussion

badabass - Jul 23, 2020

1 by Alex_BD »»
Mar 28, 2022 3:15 AM

Poll: » Blue Dragon Episode 22 Discussion

badabass - Sep 7, 2020

1 by Punkero »»
Aug 11, 2021 4:35 PM

Poll: » Blue Dragon Episode 14 Discussion

badabass - Jul 24, 2020

1 by Punkero »»
Aug 7, 2021 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.