Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 14 Discussion

Jul 2, 2013 6:24 PM
Mark my words, the Tokyo guy is gonna die.
I don't know what it is about men and pregnant wives in books and anime, but they almost always seem to die, leaving their pregnant wife and unborn child alone.

Also, Oryou is one scary grandma

Jul 29, 2013 9:26 PM

A new face is always refreshing, specially since I was fed up with Keichi.

So this is like the "Origin" arc, isn´t it? Let´s hope it´s as good as the first two.

Aug 11, 2013 12:01 AM

Hmm, a normal beginning scene for a new arc.

I guess Akasaka is the main character in this arc.
And as the main character, he will most likely die.

I'm still wondering how information can be passed around so fast.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Aug 13, 2013 1:55 AM

HigurashiRen said:

Oryou is one scary grandma

Yea o_o

And that Akasaka should have informed his superiors first, there's no way he can handle this all by himself.

Oct 29, 2013 8:24 AM

Rika-chan getting possed by a demon/oyashiro curse.. New character who looks bland and is a mature version of Keiichi.

How did they know that there was coming a police officer from Tokyo btw? I thought the man said (while talking to the guide on the phone) that he was a tourist? It does not make sense. It's like they are pulling facts out of their asses (that old hag at least).

Or perhaps someone within the local police told the old hag about the police from Tokyo..

Nov 16, 2013 3:36 PM

So this is what was happening during the dam project.

Poor Akasaka, his death flag was triggered the moment he decided to work with Ooishi. And I'm guessing there were no time loops back then so he's pretty much screwed. Hope I'm wrong though...

Nov 27, 2013 10:08 AM

That..was....boring.
~Izzy Zazztacular~

Dec 30, 2013 1:18 AM

No Keiichi, but a cop from Tokyo...he's going to die badly.

Gah Rika's cuteness got turned up to 11 but so did her creepy factor.

Jan 17, 2014 10:12 AM

Rika was so cute :3
But in that show, I tend to don't trust what is cute...

I wonder what will be that inspector role in the story. It look like he'll get really close to Rika.

Also, is it me or this arc is happening in the past? Mion seemed much younger, Keiichi and Rena doesn't seem to be there yet.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jan 23, 2014 3:59 AM
I pity that guy...

Apr 18, 2014 3:25 PM

Good episode, finally, one without Keiichi. It is cool to see what's taking place during the protest years ago prior to the time of the previous arcs. Rika was cute with those "nippah~", it's famous enough that I even saw them on YT. Oryou was just.. mysterious, and kind of scary. So it's confirmed that there is a "oyashiro-sama"? Otherwise who could have possessed Rika? Death flag's all over Akasaka.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Apr 23, 2014 2:47 PM
So are we seeing the first death of the curse?

Apr 25, 2014 1:52 PM

Yeah, Akasaka is going to die. Shouldn't have left his child-bearing wife and go into murderer hometown, because that's what gets you killed in stories like this.
Although, they really never said something about a cop dying in the previous arcs.

I guess they have a spy in the police, so they knew about the freshman coming from Tokyo.

Apr 28, 2014 9:38 AM

So now we're in the past.
Good, something refreshing is really approved right now, maybe we'll understand something more consistent this time.
Oiishi may be the mole, but he can also be just annoying as hell. This show taught us not to judge someone by the looks.

The only ones who talked to Akasaka were the head of the anti-gang department, Sankai, that sub-ordinate and Oiishi.
I bet on Sankai.

We saw again those people on a white Van we saw in the first arc.

May 1, 2014 2:55 PM

belial said:
Skepsis said:
how am i supposed to figure it out? the characters kept getting killed

ROFLLLL .. I laughed so much at that one xDDD .. but yeahh .. true..

The more I watch the more confusing I get.. I mean.. all the things I thought I knew got contradicted on this past arcs... I wonder where is this leading to. [I hope there's a logical explanation to most of what's happening .. or it'll be pretty pointless =x]

If there isn't a logical explanation I'd cry because I've wasted my time on this...

May 4, 2014 6:50 AM

ikazuuyr said:
HigurashiRen said:

Oryou is one scary grandma

Yea o_o

And that Akasaka should have informed his superiors first, there's no way he can handle this all by himself.

That's right.

Jun 1, 2014 3:22 PM

Akasaka is reminding me a bit of Ray Penbar from Death Note. The whole agent with a new female (fiancee versus wife giving birth for the first time) going into a dangerous reconnoitering mission vibe. He has a little bit of Okazaki Tomoya in his looks. He has some Keiichi in him as well, and i fear that his fate will be no different.

Aug 24, 2014 11:08 PM
there is no oyashiros curse .. this village leaders doing organized killing.. there main target is
1- people who treaterns the village people and its exsistance.
2- people who sin. do terrible things or has a connections to it.
3- people who dont do their responsibilities properly(following orders or complete the jobs they are appointed to) includes people who oppose village leaders, who accidentally make mistakes that can cause trouble for the village.
4- if you don't agree with the village elders you are punished for life or killed.

if you do the above may it maybe in accident, mistake or on purpose if you don't follow the strict rules of the village(they consider you a sinner) or you are a sinner you will be killed and RIKA CHAN knew everything :3 that's whats going on here CENTER OF THIS IS MION AND HER GRANDMOTHER LATER RENA AND THE DOCTOR (THE COUCH) :3

Nov 1, 2014 1:50 AM

This episode got pretty dull due to the amount of information being thrown at me so quickly that I got completely confused.

So it seems like this arc is taking place at least 5 or 6 years ago since the protesting against the dam still in effect and the fact that Mion and Rika look 10 times more adorable.

I find it strange how this arc is told from a different character's point of view. I wonder why...

So it seems that this arc is only 2 episodes, it's not like I've been liking this arc much anyways...

3/5 meh

Nov 6, 2014 5:36 PM

I don't know how I didn't realise that that kid at the beginning was the minister's son that got kidnapped *facepalm*. Also forgot his name so when they mentioned it at the end I got confused.

Nov 16, 2014 9:32 AM

Rika is so fucking cuuuuute

Dec 29, 2014 12:44 AM

I think the baby is keiichi-san o.o

Dec 29, 2014 12:46 AM

I think the baby is keiichi-san o_o

Dec 29, 2014 7:52 PM

Neku_Okazaki said:
I think the baby is keiichi-san o_o
CANT BE this was only 6yrs prior. Keichii is 16yo meaning hes 10yo at this time and living in Tokyo AND the baby's a GIRL.
Please add something new to the Thread. If you are just going to agree with everyone else, and not add anything significant, Please do NOT re-post/re-word/repeat what someone else has said. I hate reading 9pgs of parrots and copycats. #BEORIGINAL

Jan 28, 2015 11:26 AM

wait... are we finally getting ANSWERS

and omg this anime is so much better without keiichi -- or pretty much any of the main cast. I actually want to know what happens next lol.

Feb 4, 2015 7:02 AM

Wow, how did I miss these hints about Rika the first time I watched this series..

Watching it the second time, it's easier to catch all the information they throw at you when I barely knew what was happening the first time I watched it.

Mar 22, 2015 5:23 AM

Hmm, no Keiichi this time around to get killed :P

Rika is creepy but cute.

Apr 22, 2015 11:01 PM

Eh, honestly kind of a boring episode.

Aug 1, 2015 1:01 PM

lilypippili said:

and omg this anime is so much better without keiichil.

QFT
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Aug 1, 2015 7:18 PM

Rika was very cute, and poor Akasaka, he's definitely going to die

Nov 24, 2015 11:36 AM

I like this guy waaay more than keiichi tbh.

Jul 30, 2016 9:04 AM

I love Keiichi, but Akasaka is my homeboy.

Oct 21, 2016 10:31 AM

Akasaka-san lemme tell you this "Hey, that's hell you're walking into"

Jan 19, 2017 3:44 PM
ReilaNimu said:
Boring episode is boring.
Four years later, still boring.

Sep 6, 2017 4:53 AM

Rika-chan is so cuteeee <3
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Apr 7, 2018 4:50 PM

That dude is gonna get killed.He should have run back to Tokyo. Sonozaki are definitely on to him. Dude's got a pregnant wife at home. If they found out it was a newbie, they could have killed him at any time. He has been compromised. He should have run back and said his prayers.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 10, 2018 6:53 AM

dude gonna get chopped into pieces.

Jul 23, 3:17 PM
Seems like the story yet again, completely shifted, this time to a different person entirely. Well, it's interesting, they're exploring that town from a different perspective.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]