Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2015 2:24 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just finished reading the manhwa, surprised to find there isn't already a discussion topic for the last chapter.

I think the manhwa is in general interesting, the setting and the context, and the characters as well. It is a pity though that I find what this manhwa lacks is real depth - depth in the characterisation (character development), depth in the plot development and the pacing of the plot. There wasn't a real climax of the plot, and after it reaches it's supposed 'climax' (i'm guessing it is the scene between the titan and her and her and the guy consumed by the magic), the plot kinda unravelled afterwards. Really a pity.

I dont know, I just feel that this could have been...more. It was interesting, the art was beautiful, and yes I do enjoy it, yet at the same time, it was also somewhat lacklustre.

P.S. Just a question: So Kaylus is also a descendant of the gods?? How?? Through his father or?? This really threw me off as I don't get how it's possible..?
blue-yApr 4, 2015 2:28 PM
Feb 13, 2021 8:16 AM

Apr 2017
It was an OK story, but about halfway in it got really convoluted, with too many characters. Aine's character was just...left unfinished; Jewel/Juvel didn't seem too interesting either, apart from when he asked Skyla to kill him. Wish we'd seen more of Skyla and Kaylus together, and Skyla learning how to use her powers. It's like after she developed physically, she was relegated to the "sexy and feisty" trope. It's a pity, because her childish and petty attitude was entertaining (her wanting to research the fairies in the past to get revenge on them for sending her to the time maze was hilarious).

Krugel was defeated in the end, I guess? Unless I missed something, the story pulled a D&D and "kind of forgot" about him to hurry to the Titan subplot. Which was so rushed and anticlimactic on its own because the Titan just pulled a "sike! fooled you there!" after asking Skyla to stay with him. It's like they decided to throw in a ton of different antagonists at the end just because: Amengarde, Aine, Lionel, the magicians, the Titan, Krugel, Juvel...I'm losing track of them lol.

The attention to detail when it came to the hair was great, though.

blue-y said:
P.S. Just a question: So Kaylus is also a descendant of the gods?? How?? Through his father or?? This really threw me off as I don't get how it's possible..?

His father was stated to have the blood of the witches, so who knows. The Grand Duke wasn't his father but it sounds like him and Kaylus were from the same bloodline (probably different branches), and the Grand Duke was stated to have the Blessed Titan's blood (probably the one Skyla meets at the end?), so by "gods" they may not have been referring to THE gods in particular (i.e. the ones who battled the Titans), but to "divine/above-human beings"? This explanation is stretching it, but this plot point was only introduced so that Skyla would win, anyway. It was incredibly rushed and made no sense.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.