Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Post New Reply
Feb 12, 2016 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 173
Deymn.... Sometimes obsession on run. That makes people prejudice at times
 
Feb 12, 2016 9:59 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 2130
Robiiii said:
Varista said:
I dislike words like weaboo, otaku etc in general but..

People use the word weaboo wrong. A Weaboo means they dislike their home country/customs ie; "Omg fuck my parents for living in shitmerica why can we move to japan where I would get a harem and a perfect life". Being on overall ignorant tard.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weaboo

I genuinely want to meet such a guy. So I can laugh hard at em XD


Nothing mean about a reality check

also why is this old as hell thread alive again lol
 
Feb 12, 2016 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 10577
Varista said:
Robiiii said:

I genuinely want to meet such a guy. So I can laugh hard at em XD


Nothing mean about a reality check

also why is this old as hell thread alive again lol
Becuz ppl like us continue to post on it
Thats how mal works atleast
 
Feb 12, 2016 8:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12178
I only dislike the really irritatingly bad ones who try and rub the fact that they're supposedly of "actual Japanese origin" in your face, while they butcher the language extensively doing so. Also, there are some of them who end up being creeps/weirdos who as a result of their obsession take on some rather inappropriate behaviors, although many of them are the harmless kind of annoying that I can take, the bad ones are... memorable, let's say.


THAT'S LIFE
& I TELL YA I CAN'T DENY IT
.

 
Feb 13, 2016 12:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 925
Maybe because of guys like ForneverWorld or whatever his name is.
 
Feb 13, 2016 12:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 726
People dislike weaboos BECAUSE THEY ARE A FUCKING DISGRACE TO THE ANIMU COMMUNITY
 
Feb 13, 2016 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 971
Too bad, now having an Anime avatar is classified as a weeaboo now.
 
Feb 13, 2016 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 925
There's this girl called Naoto and she is a complete and total Japanotard. She's so retarded and she also thinks anime is all about One Piece, Fairy Tail, SAO or Sailor Moon. The fact is that she hasn't watched cartoons/animation long enough.
 
Feb 13, 2016 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5375
Some people in Japan obsess over France, then once moving to live there they kill themselves because it's not how amazing as they thought it would be, Pais Syndrome.

More weeaboos should follow their lead.
 
Mar 16, 2016 2:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 519
this an old thread but i'll give my opinion,

i think peoples disliked weebs especially by anime fans, because many persons non-anime fans out there, labeled anyone who liked anime, or even just watching some series as weebs, they are get wrong idea whats weeaboo mean
 
Mar 16, 2016 2:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2036
YaDiNotes said:
this an old thread but i'll give my opinion,

i think peoples disliked weebs especially by anime fans, because many persons non-anime fans out there, labeled anyone who liked anime, or even just watching some series as weebs, they are get wrong idea whats weeaboo mean


Those who are not fans obviously use the word too much but even a lot of us anime fans dislike people we call weeaboos. Weeaboos are overly-annoying and give normal fans a really bad impression. If they want others to take anime seriously, shutting up would be a good place to start.
 
Mar 16, 2016 3:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 519
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
YaDiNotes said:
this an old thread but i'll give my opinion,

i think peoples disliked weebs especially by anime fans, because many persons non-anime fans out there, labeled anyone who liked anime, or even just watching some series as weebs, they are get wrong idea whats weeaboo mean


Those who are not fans obviously use the word too much but even a lot of us anime fans dislike people we call weeaboos. Weeaboos are overly-annoying and give normal fans a really bad impression. If they want others to take anime seriously, shutting up would be a good place to start.
sorry i was ger a wrong idea what you said. its hard to make anime haters, to shutting up they always get another way to insult anime fans, but most of them always using that word to insult all of us and make bad impression to anyone who like anime
 
Mar 16, 2016 3:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 3503
Weaboos are as bad as the weaboo haters.

Actually no. I don't ever come across real weaboos so it's just the haters that I see. They're worse.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
 
Mar 16, 2016 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 519
-Maz said:
Weaboos are as bad as the weaboo haters.

Actually no. I don't ever come across real weaboos so it's just the haters that I see. They're worse.


actually iam will not really hating weeb. (they just have different thoughts about anime and manga) if those anime haters didn't using those weeebs issue so much and making us anime fan become a bad impression in socials. now many peoples thinks anyone who watch anime are annoying. Haters are the worst

edit; oot i love to learn culture and foreigner culture and languages. and those weeb and westaboo issues making me bit annoyed to learn any of them.
Modified by shiroha, Mar 16, 2016 3:55 AM
 
Mar 16, 2016 4:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 676
They make other anime fans look bad.

mecharobot said:
FahtahSensei said:
Btw what does one call the opposite counterpart, an East Asian who is obsessed with western culture?


Beawoo.
This.








“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
 
Mar 16, 2016 4:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2036
-Maz said:
Weaboos are as bad as the weaboo haters.

Actually no. I don't ever come across real weaboos so it's just the haters that I see. They're worse.


It's like you said, you never came across real weeaboos. Trust me, if ever you do, you'd wish you never did.

Unless you're the weeaboo.
 
Mar 16, 2016 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1740
Luckily the word weeaboo is used so wrongly these days, anyone even remotely connected to anime gets called that now. Nice job, Obama.


 
Mar 18, 2016 6:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 282
I dont know, people are calling everyone watches anime and listening to jpop a weeb, so i personally try not to care and just because you hate the place you were vorn dosent mean your a weeb the reason why you didnt want to live there is what makes you a weeb
 
Mar 18, 2016 10:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 634
I hope you guys realize that all of you have a myanimelist account and use the forum, you're all as weeb as you can get.
 
Mar 18, 2016 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 209
Because weebs are obnoxious and aloof reality. I grimace with revulsion upon lopsided accusations of me being a weeaboo. There is observable discrepancy between weeaboo and anime dilettante.
 
Mar 19, 2016 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 695
they're so annoying

so so annoying!
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
 
Mar 19, 2016 1:02 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 160
Because those dumb shits don't know wtf they're talking about.
 
Mar 19, 2016 2:03 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 282
I prefer having friends that shower in something other than grease.
 
Mar 19, 2016 2:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22802
IMSadBiscuit said:
They make other anime fans look bad.

To be fair anime fans already look bad to begin with so....
 
Mar 19, 2016 2:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 676
JustALEX said:
IMSadBiscuit said:
They make other anime fans look bad.

To be fair anime fans already look bad to begin with so....
They make other anime fans look bad. I know that there are fans out there who don't go around declaring their love for their waifu or something.

The other fans that I'm talking about are the sane ones. Too bad most of the anime fandom is composed of people who force their opinions down other people's throats.

But you do have a point there, although generalizing the whole fanbase won't really do any good...
Modified by Infires, Mar 19, 2016 3:01 AM








“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
 
Mar 19, 2016 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 925
Because of their obsession with anime and other Japanese things; they also think that Asia is all about Japan. Most weeaboos are still social rejects who work in very poor jobs.
 
Mar 19, 2016 8:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4596
Oh and also weaboos have this attitude on worshiping Japan to the point they try to justify Japan WW2 crime and think Japan is a country that can do no wrong.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
 
Mar 19, 2016 8:50 AM
Blade Runner

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6618
They're very overzealous, some to the point of blind worship of Japan. Its a bad image. >_>
Mommy's built a scarecrow. Gotta let the corn grow. Man can't always reap what he sows.
 
Mar 19, 2016 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 397
Simply because they are sub humans and should all burn down in hell
 
Mar 19, 2016 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 3239
Weeaboos make the entirety of the anime community look bad. Most of them claim to be experts on Japanese culture despite the fact that they've probably watched 30 anime at best, have an absolute obsession with anime to the point that they can't talk about anything other than it, and generally practice disgusting hygiene, fitness, and social communication skills. Not everyone who likes anime is like that, but those outside the community think we all are due to the actions of weeaboos.
 
Mar 19, 2016 9:40 AM
Princess ❤

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 48
Burn them.

Surely the Japanese are offended that the US created such a term.
It's funny though, when some try so hard to be something they are far from.




 
Mar 30, 2016 7:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
I just hate how they think that if u watch anime ur a instant weeaboo
 
Mar 30, 2016 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2283
Because they're annoying. They smell bad, use nyan, desu, and kawaii in sentences, and wear Naruto headbands and shit. Wearing anime accessories is fine, the first two are not.
KaoruMatsuoka said:
Weeaboos make the entirety of the anime community look bad. Most of them claim to be experts on Japanese culture despite the fact that they've probably watched 30 anime at best, have an absolute obsession with anime to the point that they can't talk about anything other than it, and generally practice disgusting hygiene, fitness, and social communication skills. Not everyone who likes anime is like that, but those outside the community think we all are due to the actions of weeaboos.
Yeah, pretty much. If you go to a convention this is what you'll see. It's not that bad since I like talking about anime with people, but most of them won't discuss anime in any capacity, it's all about jumping on the next hype train and dressing up as Kirito.
 
Mar 30, 2016 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 657
It's fine if you have an interest in something, but taking it to excess can be too much and very off-putting to a lot of people.
 
Mar 31, 2016 3:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3122
nowa_ said:
I hope you guys realize that all of you have a myanimelist account and use the forum, you're all as weeb as you can get.

"I don't know what 'weeb' means, the post".

Anyway, the answer is partly because memes. There are a lot of popular people on the internet who have expressed distaste for weeaboos, and so their followers will want to hate them too, and there are some people who hate "weeaboos" and anime simply because of xenophobia. It's not western so they think it automatically sucks. Which sucks.

And remember guys, weeaboo is a corruption of the word "wapanese", and so it refers to someone in the west who denounces their own culture and glorifies japanese culture in return.

I don't "hate" weeaboos, I just pity them instead, because there's actually nothing wrong with being a weeaboo on a moral standpoint, but it does very much limit their outlook.
 
Mar 31, 2016 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
Because they try to act like japanese people. They are being just way too much fun of japan and anime.
 
Mar 31, 2016 7:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 634
Lobinde said:
nowa_ said:
I hope you guys realize that all of you have a myanimelist account and use the forum, you're all as weeb as you can get.

"I don't know what 'weeb' means, the post".

Anyway, the answer is partly because memes. There are a lot of popular people on the internet who have expressed distaste for weeaboos, and so their followers will want to hate them too, and there are some people who hate "weeaboos" and anime simply because of xenophobia. It's not western so they think it automatically sucks. Which sucks.

And remember guys, weeaboo is a corruption of the word "wapanese", and so it refers to someone in the west who denounces their own culture and glorifies japanese culture in return.

I don't "hate" weeaboos, I just pity them instead, because there's actually nothing wrong with being a weeaboo on a moral standpoint, but it does very much limit their outlook.


"I don't accept myself as a weeb, the post."
 
Mar 31, 2016 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3122
nowa_ said:
Lobinde said:

"I don't know what 'weeb' means, the post".

Anyway, the answer is partly because memes. There are a lot of popular people on the internet who have expressed distaste for weeaboos, and so their followers will want to hate them too, and there are some people who hate "weeaboos" and anime simply because of xenophobia. It's not western so they think it automatically sucks. Which sucks.

And remember guys, weeaboo is a corruption of the word "wapanese", and so it refers to someone in the west who denounces their own culture and glorifies japanese culture in return.

I don't "hate" weeaboos, I just pity them instead, because there's actually nothing wrong with being a weeaboo on a moral standpoint, but it does very much limit their outlook.


"I don't accept myself as a weeb, the post."


Nah, I'm pretty comfy right now. See you soon.
 
Apr 1, 2016 12:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8737
drahan said:
just because you hate the place you were vorn dosent mean your a weeb the reason why you didnt want to live there is what makes you a weeb

Preach, brother!
There's a lot of reasons to hate your home country. Especially the state - I'm reasonably okay with the people, and love the environment.

merryfistmas said:
Because they're annoying. They smell bad, use nyan, desu, and kawaii in sentences, and wear Naruto headbands and shit. Wearing anime accessories is fine, the first two are not.

You're being an intolerant xenophobe, nyaf!
Also, smell is a lie invented by hygiene product salespeople, it does not exist in reality. Nyaf.
 
Apr 1, 2016 2:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 392
What ive seen weeaboos are people that because of anime/manga

want to move to japan, think they are Japanese, want to learn Japanese, use words like kawaai to act like anime or jap people

All around cringe

I suppose there's nothing wrong with cosplay or nyan words etc but the whole
thinking your Japanese, japan is the best, in combination with those and other things is just so cringe.

I mean ive seen vids of jap people ripping on weeaboos
Modified by Zsychotic, Apr 1, 2016 2:15 AM
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
 
Apr 1, 2016 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 306
Probably because they are annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 1, 2016 4:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3122
flannan said:
drahan said:
just because you hate the place you were vorn dosent mean your a weeb the reason why you didnt want to live there is what makes you a weeb

Preach, brother!
There's a lot of reasons to hate your home country. Especially the state - I'm reasonably okay with the people, and love the environment.

I absolutely despise the government of the United Kingdom, but I like it here in terms of environment and culture. That post is valid.
 
Apr 1, 2016 6:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1539
The word weaboo is used far too often. Most people who are called weaboo probably aren't. For example, I scored 6/101 in this "weaboo test", yet could still plausibly be called a weaboo for certain things I do (like preferring all fictional works in their original language). The test obviously isn't an exact science, but it's enough to make a point. Other than a fondness for some of their cartoons and vidya, I have little interest in Japan.

The few that actually are hardcore weaboos are fairly cringeworthy, and that's where the distaste for them comes from. I tend to leave them alone if they leave me alone, but people that go over the top with these things are always gonna attract hate and mockery.
 
Apr 1, 2016 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8737
Weaboo test? I love tests!
Got 24/101 on it, and it tries to convince me I hate weaboos.
 
Apr 1, 2016 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3755
The weaboos portrayed on the internet, I find those people creepy as hell.

I saw a person like that with a pikachu headwear. :3

Wouldn't be weird if he didn't wear that headwear all the time even in summer.
Ok if it's a gift at some sort but... :|
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

 
Apr 1, 2016 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 996
If you've ever stood next to one in line at a convention then you'll understand why there as hated as they are.
 
Apr 8, 2016 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3122
To be honest I don't think many people who scream "HUURRRR U R WEEABOO" at anybody with an anime avatar actually know why they dislike weeaboos, they just go with it because it's basically an online witch hunt at this point.

inb4 i get called a weeaboo
 
May 26, 2016 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 4667
ChaoticTyrant64 said:
I personally have never really cared about weeaboo's and what they do with their lives, Its not even my problem. The only thing I have a problem with is when people misuse the term for the sake of triggering people.

Valaskjalf said:
weeaboos are a disgusting subhuman species who think Japan is the best country in the world. Instead, they should worship the country where Freedom and Jesus were born, aka AMERICA.


So instead of obsessing over one country they should obsess over another? Nice logic. Also no country is perfect, especially America, and this is coming from an American. Also I don't care if this comment was made over a year ago.


Wow a traitor! You might have forgotten this, but your grand father still remembers Pearl Harbor. Weeaboos are not only disgusting but traitorous bastards!
 
May 26, 2016 4:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3122
Most weeaboos are just young teenagers who will probably grow out of the phase eventually, they're not something like ISIS. Yes, I have actually seen people legitimately comparing weeaboos to ISIS members. I'm sure religious extremist warmongering rapists are a bigger threat to society than kids running around with naruto headbands lol.

But I guess when you're a sheltered teen like most people who make such comparisons, who thinks stuff like filthy frank videos are meant to actually be taken seriously in any way, anything can be a threat.
 
May 26, 2016 4:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3565
did anyone post the frank video yet?
 
Top
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »