Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Apr 4, 2015 11:39 AM

Don't get me wrong, it does get annoying when you're sitting next to someone and all of the sudden they say "KAWAII~"

But weeaboos are always generalized and I don't see why people get upset if weeaboos have a preference of Asian people.

Apr 4, 2015 11:41 AM
I dislike words like weaboo, otaku etc in general but..

People use the word weaboo wrong. A Weaboo means they dislike their home country/customs ie; "Omg fuck my parents for living in shitmerica why can we move to japan where I would get a harem and a perfect life". Being on overall ignorant tard.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weaboo

Apr 4, 2015 11:42 AM
Because they're obnoxious, like bronies, or any kind of bullshit fandom that just takes whatever they're a fan of too seriously, or in a way not casual watchers do.

Apr 4, 2015 11:44 AM

GreenSoap said:
Because they're obnoxious, like bronies, or any kind of bullshit fandom that just takes whatever they're a fan of too seriously, or in a way not casual watchers do.

This, they make anime look bad.

Apr 4, 2015 11:48 AM

GreenSoap said:

he get the poin.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Apr 4, 2015 11:49 AM

Because weaboos are better than them and they feel threatened desu.
Filthy casuals shouldn't even open their mouths poi.
Kawaii and ecchi are way better than overrated trash like mushishi and berserk nyan.

Apr 4, 2015 11:53 AM

Weeaboo is so misused you probably don't know who you are hating on.

Apr 4, 2015 11:56 AM

I hate everyone equally.

Apr 4, 2015 12:10 PM

GreenSoap said:

Okay, but WHY are they so obnoxious?

Apr 4, 2015 12:20 PM

Because they think those people give them a bad name and so, they hate on random strangers over the internet since their anonymity gives them free reign over words.

Apr 4, 2015 12:22 PM
Otaku Whisperer

I don't mean to generalise. It's not my fault if all weebs are the same.

Apr 4, 2015 12:25 PM

ichii_1 said:
Because weaboos are better than them and they feel threatened desu.
Filthy casuals shouldn't even open their mouths poi.
Kawaii and ecchi are way better than overrated trash like mushishi and berserk nyan.
why did this make me laugh so much xD

Apr 4, 2015 12:25 PM

Because it reminds them of themselves

Apr 4, 2015 12:30 PM

Depends on what we mean by "weeaboo". Being slang, what exactly defines one isn't exactly clear and many disagree with each other on what it really means.

If we take it to mean that someone dislikes their own country and/or loves another, then that's fine. They are free to to like and dislike whatever they want after all. If however we take it to mean that someone overly expresses said love/hate like those that spout random words from another country for example, then they are annoying because they're mixing languages with no real purpose other than "it sounds cool I think". I still don't know why exactly, but it makes me cringe.

Apr 4, 2015 12:49 PM

Because they're idiots.

Liking anime doesn't somehow mean Japan is the best thing ever.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous

Apr 4, 2015 12:58 PM

I haven't heard the word weaboo since the last time I was on 4chan. That's been a few years maybe I will visit it today lol idk. Anyways I don't like words like weaboo, or hentai I feel that they give anime a bad name. Hentai is one of the biggest things that turn people who know nothing about anime off or get people that admit to watching anime made fun of. Even if they have never seen a hentai in their life.

Sidenote: -Klad- your sig pic looks just like the character jo jo from unsupervised. Made me chuckle dude.

Apr 4, 2015 1:00 PM
I see weaboos as people who think Japan is the best at everything and really love Japan mostly for its anime, and want to be Japanese without knowing any real information on Japanese language or culture. I don't like how I've seen some people reduce an entire country (Japan) to its cartoons.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。

Apr 4, 2015 1:00 PM

Slang terms like weeaboo are notoriously difficult to pin down. This term arose on 4chan after the people in charge got sick of the term Wapanese and replaced it with a nonsense word from a comic strip. The word has become popular, but like any slang term, its meaning and connotation are subject to change over time. At present, it is clearly derogatory, and it generally refers to anime/manga fans who exhibit a range of undesirable behaviors.

Regardless of the slang terminology, obsessive fans who routinely misbehave are the bane of any fan community. It doesn't take much searching around the web to find all sorts of horror stories involving rabid fans who loudly chatter in broken anime-style Japanese, glomp people, ruin other people's cosplay props, sexually harass people, disrupt anime clubs and convention panels, and to top it off, have extremely poor hygiene. Thankfully, I haven't run into any of these people so far, and as long as I keep away from places where they might be found (except for MAL, of course), I may never encounter any in person.

Anime isn't the only fandom that suffers from this problem; the Star Trek community has some real nuts, and while I haven't met any truly horrible ones personally, some of my friends have, and their experiences were not at all pleasant.

Here is a brief word of advice to any anime and manga fans on this board who might be descending into the depths of an unhealthy obsession: Being a devoted fan does not excuse you from the normal rules of civilized behavior.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Apr 4, 2015 1:23 PM

masumi_amari said:
Don't get me wrong, it does get annoying when you're sitting next to someone and all of the sudden they say "KAWAII~"

But weeaboos are always generalized and I don't see why people get upset if weeaboos have a preference of Asian people.

Those retards give the impression to everyone else that is what anime fans. Plus imagine a bunch of white college students having a party where everyone dresses as a stereotypical black person. That is basically a weeaboo.The Weeaboos might think that what they are doing is cool, but in reality what they are doing is mocking.

Apr 4, 2015 4:30 PM

The term is misused by chantards quite a lot. But I don't like what makes the textbook definition of a weeaboo at all either. They're honestly too annoying for my tolerance, and they sometimes can make anime very unenjoyable for me the minute they start outwardly expressing their fandom in public in an embarrassing way.
"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But, let's be honest no one would give a shit. They wouldn't. The few people that would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably be annoyed and leave as early as possible. That's who you are. That's what you are. You are nothing to anyone. To everyone."
-Mr. Robot

"I can take another name, and build a new life.. But on the inside I'll always have that instinct, no matter how much I hate it. I'm yakuza through and through. Guile only gets you so far in this game. Remember that. You won't get another chance."
-Kiryu Kazuma

Apr 4, 2015 4:33 PM

weeaboos are a disgusting subhuman species who think Japan is the best country in the world. Instead, they should worship the country where Freedom and Jesus were born, aka AMERICA.

Apr 4, 2015 4:48 PM

Fandom gets super annouying no matter what it is
[/quote]

Apr 4, 2015 7:19 PM

Dislike? Hm nah, I think they are funny but in a creepy kind of way. :S

Apr 4, 2015 7:26 PM

Because weaboos like to claim how superior they are by comparing what anime they like.

It's pathetic and embarrassing really.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Apr 4, 2015 7:28 PM

Truthfully, I don't know any weeboos in real life. But I did see these high school freshman in a library once that we're acting nerdy as fuck and talking about anime. It was awkward knowing that we all watch anime and act completely different.

Apr 4, 2015 7:30 PM

I think it's funny how they embarrass themselves

Apr 4, 2015 8:26 PM

They get annoying.

Well, almost every person who's "obsessed" with something can be annoying.

Apr 4, 2015 8:28 PM

I haet weaboos bcoz they dnt lov their own culture and does not help with the advancement of their contri

Apr 4, 2015 8:44 PM
masumi_amari said:
GreenSoap said:

Okay, but WHY are they so obnoxious?

you'd need to ask them, not us normal folks.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Apr 7, 2015 11:49 PM

because they are overly addicted, and some people thinks that creepy (some people more thinks it stupid) i don't matter with anything like this btw

Apr 7, 2015 11:59 PM

Because they are different and people today should all enjoy the same music, sports and lifestyle.

Apr 8, 2015 12:03 AM

Gator said:
Because they are different and people today should all enjoy the same music, sports and lifestyle.
modern era isn't communism.tho

Apr 8, 2015 12:05 AM

Remv_quevav said:
Gator said:
modern era isn't communism.tho

You're right, it's even worse.

Apr 8, 2015 3:25 AM

Maybe they see a projection of themselves in them, that's why they hate on 'em.

I don't care either away. It's good to have hobbies.

Apr 8, 2015 3:27 AM

Truly obsessed weeaboos / wapanese or whatever can be embarrassing, but I don't hate them. Wiggers trouble me exponentially more. Btw what does one call the opposite counterpart, an East Asian who is obsessed with western culture?

Apr 8, 2015 3:30 AM

Because they fetishize superficial things about anime and don't care about actual content, which results in anime companies making tons of anime with nauseating cutesy bullshit and no content.

Apr 8, 2015 3:58 AM
DORIFTU!!!!

I don't like when people try to act like they're japanese/speak japanese when they aren't/can't *KAWAII DESU NII SAN* Huurrrrr. But in general I don't like the world weaboo or otaku.
:D

Apr 8, 2015 4:41 AM

I neither met a person in real life or on the internet I could call a 'weabo'. So I don't know.

Apr 8, 2015 5:27 AM

Because Davido-kun.

Apr 8, 2015 5:35 AM

Perhaps because it threatens their precious culture of incest- and meth -based live action entertainment, and poorly drawn episodic cartoons devoted to fart jokes and limited month-late satire.

Apr 8, 2015 5:39 AM

Weaboos should be hated. Weaboo = someone who SERIOUSLY wants to live in Japan because of anime/manga and thinks he knows the culture and thinks its amazing because he watched anime.
There's a huge difference between a weaboo and someone who just really likes jap entertainment. I would never ever want to live in Japan.

Apr 8, 2015 5:40 AM

They rub their own preferences on everyone else

Apr 8, 2015 5:42 AM

Ive never seen a weeaboo irl but I dont like people who treat anime like some sort of superior form of entertainment and say they "love Japanese culture" like it distinguishes them from weeaboos

Apr 8, 2015 5:45 AM

Touko_Kuchiki said:
Weaboos should be hated. Weaboo = someone who SERIOUSLY wants to live in Japan because of anime/manga and thinks he knows the culture and thinks its amazing because he watched anime.
There's a huge difference between a weaboo and someone who just really likes jap entertainment. I would never ever want to live in Japan.
>bullying is rampant
>frequent earthquakes
>jeopardized politics
>bad international relations with neighboring countries
>cannot get Sakhalinsk back 2 their territory
>yakuza
>racial discrimination

Yep, nobody wnts 2 live there (except if jobs are available)
Modified by AIDSKrillex, Apr 8, 2015 5:48 AM

Apr 8, 2015 6:11 AM

Touko_Kuchiki said:

What If I really like Anime/Manga and also really like Japan because of it's history, politics, language and culture?

People learn lots of different languages and move to different countries. It's the reason America exists, because immigrants moved there, abandoned their culture and made their own. I don't think it should matter if someone wants to speak Japanese or live in Japan. There are more people moving to America to adopt a new culture but you don't insult them with silly names.
Feel free to message me to chat.

Apr 8, 2015 6:31 AM

DeadlyTreasure said:
Touko_Kuchiki said:

What If I really like Anime/Manga and also really like Japan because of it's history, politics, language and culture?

People learn lots of different languages and move to different countries. It's the reason America exists, because immigrants moved there, abandoned their culture and made their own. I don't think it should matter if someone wants to speak Japanese or live in Japan. There are more people moving to America to adopt a new culture but you don't insult them with silly names.

"like Japan because of it's history, politics, language and culture?" a likely story.

Why not just admit that you want to become a japanese schoolboy because you watched anime instead of making up lies?

theres very little difference between western cultures on a fundamental level, its mostly customs that differ so its extremely easy to adjust between different western countries. Why are you even comparing the two? The way people interact and are expected to behave are very similar in all civilized western countries. Eastern culture is completely alien to a westerner so your example is ass.

Saying you 'like' a culture that you have zero experience with is classic weaboo behavior. No reasonable person thinks "wow I like this countrys ancient history, I should move there!"

Apr 8, 2015 6:36 AM

Touko_Kuchiki said:
DeadlyTreasure said:

"like Japan because of it's history, politics, language and culture?" a likely story.

Why not just admit that you want to become a japanese schoolboy because you watched anime instead of making up lies?

theres very little difference between western cultures on a fundamental level, its mostly customs that differ so its extremely easy to adjust between different western countries. Why are you even comparing the two? The way people interact and are expected to behave are very similar in all civilized western countries. Eastern culture is completely alien to a westerner so your example is ass.

Saying you 'like' a culture that you have zero experience with is classic weaboo behavior. No reasonable person thinks "wow I like this countrys ancient history, I should move there!"

What if he does have experience with it, and you're just making baseless assumptions?

Apr 8, 2015 6:39 AM

Dark_Chaos said:
Touko_Kuchiki said:

What if he does have experience with it, and you're just making baseless assumptions?

What if I'm Jesus? about as likely as what you just said.

Apr 8, 2015 6:47 AM

"History, politics, language and culture"

Japan's history is a history full of bloodshed and ignorance, it's nothing to be proud of. Politics? The same politicians who're saying the Nanking Masscare never happened? Yeah, they're even worse than American politicians. Language? It's a language, there's nothing special about it. Their cultural identity isn't that great either, nothing to fawn over really.

You just wanna see some anime titties, stop lying m8.

Apr 8, 2015 7:03 AM

Because most people are closet fans and get embarassed when someone is open about their secret little hobby.

FahtahSensei said:
Btw what does one call the opposite counterpart, an East Asian who is obsessed with western culture?

Beawoo.
Modified by mecharobot, Apr 8, 2015 7:16 AM

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »