Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 8, 2015 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
midori-tenshi03 said:
Well it's kinda funny that they still have those deep voices when they're still in middle school.

midorin sounds weird, just imagine him being 13-14 at the moment with that deep voice
Apr 8, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, didn't expect there to be a flashback and it looks like a whole arc as well?? (Saw people saying it, if not I wouldn't have known)

I'm really liking this flashback arc! They all look really cute lol and at first I'm not used to hearing their 'adult voices' on the chibi versions of themselves XD

Glad to know that they cover Kuroko's past as well. And he seems really close with Aomine from the start, and even Aomine going that far for Tetsu to stay on the game! XD I love the Aomine-Tetsu bond!

Interesting to see how Midorima seems to have always been that 'close' to Akashi.

Although Kuroko was the one who found his own style, can't help but feel that it was Akashi who kind of 'directed' it to him. Still wondering Midorima meant by 2 Akashi and if that has anything to do with Kuroko and his style after all..

Anyway, love seeing them hanging out and practicing together and playing in matches together! Hope to see more of it in the coming episodes!

The coach looks really fierce... And I wonder what happened to their former captain now? He should be in their third (or second??) year of high school if the GoM members are in their first year of high school...

And I think Kuroko's friendship with his friend has something to do with why he quit the Teiko basketball team..
blue-yApr 8, 2015 2:34 PM
Apr 8, 2015 6:43 PM

Sep 2012
So we'll be able see their story in Teikou middle school these couple of weeks.

I wonder who's Kuroko texting with.

Nice OP & ED, they changed the tune tho
Apr 9, 2015 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
Satsuki looks cuter when she was younger. Must be the ponytail, it suits her.
Apr 10, 2015 6:01 PM

May 2010
Makuro said:
I wonder who's Kuroko texting with.

Well, it IS obvious that it's the guy he used to play the basketball before starting the middle school, isn't it?
Apr 13, 2015 4:53 AM

Nov 2011
Oh my fucking god

You know, this anime wouldn't be so full of fucking shit if it wasn't fucking full of shit.

THIS EPISODE WAS GREAT OH MY GOD

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ACTUALLY REALLY HAPPY TO WATCH THIS ANIME FOR ONCE NOT JUST FOR MURASAKIBARA
Apr 17, 2015 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
This was such a great episode. Everyone was so friendly when first starting out basketball! The music was a little better in this ep too. Love the new ED.

Aomine still a best boy. Him and Momoi look great together.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 21, 2015 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
I'm so happy right now SO HAPPY!!!! Since the first episode of the first season I just wanted to see the young Teiko together, and here are they. ^^ This is the best flashback ever. Hahaha Aomine is so different, and not just him but everyone. Everyone seems so friendly and so much happier. :D

I love the new OP!
Apr 28, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
They are so cuteee!
Apr 29, 2015 6:23 PM

Jan 2014
This was really nice. :)
Kurooookoooooo <3
May 12, 2015 1:26 PM

Jun 2008
S73v0 said:
Satsuki looks cuter when she was younger. Must be the ponytail, it suits her.

Loved her "huh" reaction after those girls and the Akashi-sama talk.
May 24, 2015 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
Satsuki so cute.. they all look so chibi cute hahaha.
Flashback arc rocks !!
May 28, 2015 12:49 AM

Dec 2012
I had heard that there was a "flashback arc" of some sort, but this is exceeding all expectations. Seeing the GoM's roots, how Kuroko developed into the phantom sixth man, and Teiko's transformation makes me wish this would go on and on. I especially like how this flashback is carefully lending insight into how each GoM member changed into the characters we've seen in the past 3 seasons. For example, when Murasakibara says "I'm getting Akashi's passes, this is way too easy", it's almost like he was starting to lose interest right at that moment. Also seeing the good sportsmanship and pure passion for basketball that Aomine had as it's going to get snuffed out by the lack of a challenge.

The pen pal that Kuroko has is also adding that extra bit of camaraderie, wondering if it's a character we know and what Kuroko meant last episode.
Jun 7, 2015 1:01 PM

May 2013
New OP showing Teiko moments. <3 Also, new ED shows each member.
Everyone's so cute. Just imagine the growth spurt.

Poor Kuroko getting into third string. Glad Akashi discovered his potential.
So that's why Kuroko was nearly emotionless in the start!
I wonder what will happen to Nijimura though.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 26, 2015 2:22 AM

Jul 2012
I'm loving this arc so far. Sad that they're cutting out a lot from this arc from the manga though. Nijimura seems like an interesting character. I wonder what happened to him since we haven't seen him around in high school. I really liked the new ED also. I'll be listening to that a good bit ^^

Some screens that stuck out to me

Such a heartwarming scene :)
Jul 23, 2015 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
Haha Kuroko's so cute
Jul 29, 2015 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
New OP and ED are nice.
A bit of a repetitive episode though, as most of the stuff had already been shown (or talked about). We get to see a bit more of Kuroko's training and improvement and also a bit more of the Generationn though... Still wondering what this has to do with Kuroko's mystery friend though.... Guess we'll find out soon.
Sep 4, 2015 8:38 AM

Nov 2009
Wow, Aomine was so nice. I'm seeing him in a new light in this 3rd season, but I still don't understand (or accept, maybe) why his personality changed so drastically.
So cute seeing them with their baby faces, haha.
And poor Tetsu :c
ak47Sep 8, 2015 8:37 PM

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Dec 16, 2015 1:14 AM

Jul 2013
I see. So that's how Kuroko made it to the team. Wonder who's that mystery friend of him though. And how long will this flashback arc last? I think it's kinda long but it's fun to watch so far
Dec 31, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
Middle schoolers dunking? Are you serious?
Feb 18, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
Cool new songs!

Just like that those Aomine fangirls fell for Akashi but he was super nice, it even made me like him but Aomine and Kise forever lol. Akashi is like I dunno lol. I can't decide who I like most. after those two lol.

Cute episode! I love seeing Aomine and Akashi be nice to Kuroko.

So he got a book about misdirection from the library! lol. Okay then.

It was cute when Kuroko got on first string but sad when they wanted to kick him off after one game but Aomine fought for him because he's so nice and such a good friend!
Mar 4, 2016 1:23 PM

Feb 2016
BABY GENERATION OF MIRACLES ARE SO KAWAII!
I CAN'T EVEN!!!
Aug 7, 2016 11:30 AM

Jan 2016
Aomine is a true BRO. That's why he is the best character.
Jul 7, 2017 9:20 AM

May 2013
AO-KUN IS SO FUCKING SWEET TTATT I love how he really believes in Kuroko ;A; even said he would demote himself if Kuroko couldn't get another chance D;

Also, his fear of ghosts lolololololol xD
qt <33333333333333
Jul 11, 2017 10:05 AM

Dec 2015
First episode in a while which I genuinely liked.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 26, 2018 12:29 AM

Apr 2016
I re-watched this episode and the feels just came back.... ;_______;

The Generation of Miracles are always my favourite crew. <33 It was heartbreaking when Kuroko considered leaving the basketball team because he wasn't improving... I love that it was Aomine who encouraged Kuroko to stay on the basketball team because if Kuroko left, there would be no more opportunities. I really liked seeing Aomine smile and bond with Kuroko as the two practiced together, without any segregation just because Kuroko was a third string player. :))

Akashi's cool moment with the ladies gets me. <33 I lol-ed at Akashi's honesty when he told Kuroko he was amazed because our protagonist is so devoted to basketball, but his efforts don't result in improvement. xDD Akashi made a solid point about utilizing our strengths; seeing Kuroko's lack of presence as an advantage instead of a fault. :)

Nijimura senpai, it's always so good to see you! ;_____; LOL at the way Nijimura brought Haizaki back. xDD

I think it was the sweetest moment ever when Aomine told the coach to not demote Kuroko and that he should be demoted too if that were to happen. Honestly, that support is lovely <33 :') And Aomine suggestion on a ball that could curve was adorable! XD It's nice that Akashi recognized Kuroko's potential, while Aomine planted the idea of a 'curved' ball, and then it was Kuroko himself who learned about misdirection. :))

Kuroko tripping over his own foot and having that nosebleed are such cute moments!! XD LOL to Murasakibara asking Kuroko if he was messing around and said he'd crush our protagonist. <33

I love that we see how Kuroko was when he was younger. He certainly showed his emotions, but to utilize himself as the phantom sixth man, he learned to keep his emotions inside... It's admirable that Kuroko made that one habit for the sake of the team, which he doesn't regret. :)) Kuroko continued to stay that way in high school too... <3

Other fun moments were the look on Aomine's face when he opened Momoi's bento (LOL, it means something that Murasakibara rejected the lunch xDD) and seeing all of our colourful boys on the first day of school. :))

I feel sad for Akashi since it seems school was the only place he could have freedom... I wonder if he made friends outside of the basketball team...? Midorima's pride over his lucky items never get old. <33

Kuroko's joy at being accepted as a first string player gives me feels... ;______; Our boy looks so happy. <33 I'm happy Kuroko felt that he was one step closer to fulfilling his promise with Ogiwara.
Cloe900311Mar 26, 2018 12:35 AM
Sep 14, 2018 8:37 PM

Feb 2015
middle graders sounding and acting exactly as they do in high school...10 points for realism lmao. it doesn't help that in their middle school years they look like they could be teens, as i have said before kuroko should have been set in college since they all look like adults. it has to be the worse part of the "arc". in manga, it's easy to imagine them with their pre-puberty voices. but the animation is very grating it makes it hard to believe they are middle schoolers.
TomDaySep 16, 2018 12:31 AM
Sep 11, 2020 6:38 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Much needed flashback.
Oct 12, 2020 4:19 PM

Dec 2007
i have feeling they cutting some parts, because the pace isn't that slow but don't that fast, i'm gonna love this arc anyway.

so kuroko exceeded akashi's expectations? wonder what he thought in the first place.

and aaomine is such good friend for begging to let kuroko stay on first string.
Jan 15, 2021 8:13 AM

Nov 2019
Aomine is so caring and nice. He is the best.
May 21, 2021 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
ZERO is easily my favorite opening

The beginning of the Teiko flashback arc makes me feel truly nostalgic with the spring vibes and how lighthearted it starts out. Some amusing parallels to the first episode as well.

Cool to see the GoM, Momoi, Kuroko in "smol" and how everything began for them. Kuroko had a rough start, so him succeeding in the end was nice. Akashi played a crucial role in his development, but Aomine deserves some credit too, especially since he didn't do it out of selfish reasons.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 2, 2021 4:04 AM

Jun 2020
Oh my god so cute. AOMINE DAIKI

At the end when Kuroko threw his hands up silently because he was so happy. I wanna give him a hug!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 13, 2021 2:08 AM

Dec 2010
A heart-warming episode and an awesome ED. It does feel like this will be my favourite arc after all. Aomine is best character once again, and I find myself wondering how we didn't end up having him Kuroko, Kise and Midorima as the main cast. Maybe you can never really reach a perfect story (actually, Steins;Gate exists so scratch that), but a man sure can dream! Truth is, I could give less for Taiga's presence in the story, he's about as bland and replaceable as it gets.
Nov 17, 2022 1:20 AM

May 2020
Their voices are too deep and husky for middle schoolers lol.

Kuroko's love for basketball isn't second to none, but lack of talent just not help in his cause. Credit to Akashi hinting him the play style he was most suitable for, none can deny his role in Kuroko's development. And again confirmed.. Aomine, best boy.
Jan 3, 2023 9:55 PM

Apr 2022
haven't been a huge fan of the mini-flashbacks so far this season but this teiko flashback pretty interesting
Mar 7, 2023 8:21 AM
Oct 2021
Kagami is a good guy, but Aomine & Kuroko combo is superior in every aspect, I can already tell that this arc is gonna be my favorite part of this show lol
Feb 25, 4:22 AM

Jun 2023
Cuteness overload!!!!!!! they're so small, so babies ♡
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2015

284 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

226 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

91 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

141 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

119 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.