Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 6, 2015 6:17 AM

May 2010
3rd season huh. Visually impressive. Yosh I had to ditch Arslan Senki fr you, UTaPri (just cuz with my exams coming next, I would rather watch a relaxing harem/com with possible cringe-worthy scenes than a battle anime - God those drain my energy esp. when I am in studying mood) Please don't disappoint me.

The song at the beginning was so weird but it had a decent chorus. The boys' scene and I was like "Kita! Here comes the first cringe." At least Hiro Shimono made it half-decent... or maybe not. LOL Haruka doesn't blush that much no matter how close the guys get, she's like, "Nah dude. not awkward enough, make it cornier. You gotta learn from Tokiya-sama, not that he is that good, anyway." The night was too

LMAO all of these guys are out in the mid of night, waitin in line to say a single line to their favorite heroine, I wonder how much they practiced those blossoms.

Finally Tomo... She made the episode slightly better. Lol the guys must have eyed each other before grouping in the hall, "Yosh I said my line, you said your line, we said our lines. Time to regroup."

Yuichi Nakamura sure is amazing with his Ringo voice as always. I actually didn't know until S3 that it was him who voiced Ringo.

Kira kira beam to the maaax. 5/10 for this episode. Hope it gets better, not going to rate it for now.
Apr 6, 2015 7:13 AM

Jun 2008
The whole episode was... ✨バキュンッv(ゝー・´)
This time's OP song is just perfect, (*゚д゚*) I liked that they put in so much effort into it (well, it's the first episode). This episode made me have expectations that just maybe QuarNigh will be focused on more than in the previous season. Hopefully that will be the case~ And I'm glad we saw Reiji in the OP without the hat from the character designs for this season, he looked better this way after all. And when he got introduced later on, the drawing habit for him of one of the artists involved came out again, which made his expression so cute. (〃´艸`)
I liked how they inserted some of the existing songs and the respective instruments in the introduction parts. Once again, I became aware of just how much taller than Haruka Natsuki actually is... I kept waiting for Masa's turn and then when it came, it was underwhelming compared to the other guys' ones... OTL Well, same goes for Ranran's, but I don't care that much about him in the first place anyway... Hyuuga-sensei's appearance was funny, although I doubt that he and Ringo-sensei will be shown as much as the other groups, which is too bad. At least he's being mentioned a lot by Shou, although I don't remember him talking that much about kenka no ouji-sama and all that in the games... And Haruka, how dare you bump into anyone else than Icchi, haha!
The lines at the start of the ending song reminded me of boueibu. I wasn't too happy with the 3D parts (and I'm relieved to know that Japan shares my opinion). Admittedly, Icchi and Ren sharing a part was nice, but it's still a good song! I think I liked the previous ED song better, though. Maybe it'll change after I've listened to it more often. It actually made me think that they should have QuarNigh's song there instead, or keep it as the OP and have Miyano's song as the ED.
Sigh~... I want to find out who sings which song already~
Apr 6, 2015 8:55 AM

Aug 2012
This episode is sooo badly written, I'm super disappointed at 3D dancing *sigh*
I really love UtaPri and I'm glad that there is 3rd season and I know I love it just because it's UtaPri (1st season is unforgettable!) but still I hope it gets better.
Apr 6, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2009
Next up, we will have all the characters make sure that they can say the word "Revolution"..some do better than others, just so we can affirm that this is "Maji Love Revolutions", and we are watching the right show.

Yikes, CG dancing people all over...not sure I can get used to this whole thing. But the opening episode delivered all the Utapri goodness it could have.
-Jenn
Apr 6, 2015 4:38 PM
Apr 2015
the bellsound *ding* during the introductions reminded me of video game achievements: "achievement unlocked: meet ..." xD

i don't really like camus so i concentrated on how weird that horse looked. why would a horse purely for riding be that muscular?

at the start of the ED i thought "why do their pants look so weird??" then it clicked "oh, cgi pants" -.-

aceparan said:

haruka is so not into Cecil it hurts. it's so obvious. and nacchan(s intro was so out of chracter! i don't even cae if he was having a tender moment at the tree he was so out of character right there. masato is so awkward i thnk iwanna throw up for him.

i thought natsuki was out of character too but i can't remember how he was last season xD
Apr 6, 2015 4:53 PM

Jul 2009
I can't even call this my guilty pleasure xD it's just sooooo bad/corny! It can't take itself so seriously!!! Wow just wow (proceeds to watch the next 12 episodes).

they ruined the dance seen at the end tho with CG. Ugh hate that shit.
Apr 6, 2015 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
That was a long walk
Apr 7, 2015 12:45 AM

Jun 2011
This is it-

By the time Nanami made it past Reiji, I was laughing so hard. It's too ridiculous to be true, but that's why I've been following this show since it came out.

Camus' horse entrance and exit though.. Where on Earth was he heading off to (towards the forest?!) at that time of the night?

And then the President and co. popped in. All the feels just flew right back at me but somehow I didn't feel as excited as I did when I started on the second season.

The 3D models were.. a little strange and somewhat too obvious.
HinamiApr 7, 2015 12:53 AM

Apr 7, 2015 12:59 PM
Mar 2012
WTF about that intro. I mean, yeah, they have to re-introduce everyone, but still... "Oooh, how strange, I run into everyone" - yeah, because they f*cking live there!
And WTF - a horse?!
Where is she walking around anyway? How big is this thing?

But Masato & Ren is totally my OTP.

Is it just me or were the dance moves animated badly this time? They looked like 3D models, but I thought it was worse than the openings and closings of the last seasons.
Apr 7, 2015 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
Introduction episode.
Looking forward to the next one.
Apr 7, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2011
Introduction episode! ughhhhhhh soo freaking corny , lol. I'm still afraid of MC-chan's pigeon eyes.. >//< I'm hoping this season will be more focused on the senpais (": For those questioning about Camus senpai's horse just stop cos he's just awesomely magical like that, ok? ahhahah.

The 3D CG was just a disappointment and really awkward, probably because it kept switching from 3D CG to regular animation ...
Apr 7, 2015 4:52 PM

Jun 2011
>.> Wow. That was... dull. They were throwing cliches left and right. Haruka really does irritate me... *Hollow laughter* WHY did I even come this far with this damn show?

ALSO. THIS.
"Don't bump into anyone else but me." -Tokiya
Me: -_- TOKIYA. SHE RAN INTO EVERY SINGLE MAIN GUY IN THIS SHOW... BEFORE YOU. AND ALL BUT TWO OF THEM, WHICH HAPPEN TO BE MY TWO FAVORITES (Masato and Otoya) TRIED TO HUG ~RAPE~ HER. YOU ARE LATE, SIR.

Pluses.
1. Kenichi Suzumura (Masato). <3 Again. Because I am biased. And I love him dearly in anything he does.
2. Mamoru Miyano (Tokiya). Because his voice is incredibly sexy.
3. Junichi Suwabe (Ren). Because he's a close second in sexy voice. Plus, that sax, incredibly sexier.
4. GORGEOUS scenery.

....That's all I've got. 4/10.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Apr 8, 2015 3:35 PM

Jul 2013
I guess I'm the only one that absolutely hated the opening song.

I haven't seen 2000% yet, but watching this episode made me immediately prioritize watching 1000% (it was already in my plan to watch list). So maybe I just don't like Quartet Night in general.
Apr 8, 2015 4:16 PM

Mar 2012
It was really nice to see my boys again! This episode was a bit slow, but I appreciated how they introduced each guy again. I also really loved the dancing performance at the end, and I can't wait to see more of this season! (Especially Syo!~)
Apr 8, 2015 6:42 PM

Oct 2011
[quote=kriganime]I guess I'm the only one that absolutely hated the opening song.

I haven't seen 2000% yet, but watching this episode made me immediately prioritize watching 1000% (it was already in my plan to watch list). So maybe I just don't like Quartet Night in general.

[quote=Animefan500]
That wasn't the OP song. That was one of Quartet Nights song. The Op song is sung my Tokiya ( Mamoru Miyano) which we will see next time. In 2000% is when Quartet Night is introduced.
Apr 9, 2015 9:16 AM
Apr 2015
Was really looking forward to hearing the new music (love the music in the other seasons) but was left feeling a bit meh. Think that set the scene for the rest of the episode because it never really picked up.

As a first ep for a new series, I kinda expected to be introduced to characters again but it took a bit longer to do it than I expected and felt a bit forced.

Hope it picks up next episode as it's one of my faves!
Apr 10, 2015 3:13 AM

Sep 2013
kriganime said:
I guess I'm the only one that absolutely hated the opening song.

yeah hurry and watch it! so u can pick ur fav boys and cheer for them. i really love quartet night more than starish though
僕は。。。生きている
Apr 10, 2015 9:54 AM
Nov 2013
Nanami is still the same clueless and dump she never changes
lol that european painting like or whatever scene was weird
the only thing i disliked so far is the op.
Apr 10, 2015 8:30 PM

Jul 2012
10/10

Apr 11, 2015 12:37 PM

Feb 2011
Yeah, Natsuki did seem a little too forward for his personality.

And yay for Tomochika x Haruka! I like Haruka but I'm getting really tired of her just being a reaction machine. She barely says anything and it's always the same thing. I just wish she was allowed to have more to her. At least with Tomochika she can react the way she wants instead of being stuck in 'no romo' mode.

Not as excited for this season as the last ones but I will definitely keep watching in hopes of decent interactions.
ChouninatteApr 11, 2015 12:40 PM
眠れないのは君のせい
Apr 11, 2015 8:40 PM
Jul 2013
Glad it came back! Omg I hardly remember the main character name now! I like the opening and the ending song! I think it's weird for guys idol to dance like that in real life since i think it's mostly girl do those dance and guys dance hip hop or other cool dances ( can't from korean drama idea lol) but in the anime, Instead of thinking it's weird I feel like they look sexy doing those dances lol ( just a little weird)

Well, I bet many people who love these anime have already decided who is their favorite main guy character maybe.... I might have though and chosen one in the past but after waiting for the third season I totally forgot who was my favorite lol! Gotta decide again!

Well, the introduction was kinda cute, romantic and long but whatever! I hope the next episode it will be a good episode!
Apr 14, 2015 10:22 PM

Sep 2007
Gawd I'm gonna....have to watch the episode fully...properly...later...

I couldn't stop smiling/laughing hysterically at the Opening alone.
Someone needs to smack me silly now before I die of laughter.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 19, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2014
This cringe
May 3, 2015 10:36 AM

Sep 2007
Ah I see...The Senpai's lines were kinda taken directly from the games. Including Mikaze's feels line <3
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 11, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
This episode must have been a wet dream for all of the fujoshi self-inserts. Romantic tensions were through the roof. Oh man, it's good to see Starish and company once again. Haruka is just so adorable, even I had to kyaa at some of those encounters. Revolution!?!?! I wonder if the Pres means that they'll be causing a revolution by entering Triple S or if he has bigger plans for them.
May 18, 2015 5:26 AM
Jul 2013
+ Haruka isn't gasping and moaning like she's getting off all the time
+ Haruka actually looks like she's getting so done with the guys (it's funny)
+ Reiji being a total tease headcanon confirmed

~ ED song is not bad but also nowhere as catchy as previous season's themes

- OP song is a giant step down
- holy shit the CG in ED looks ugly
- obligatory character gimmick reminder episode
- I swear Japanese manga/anime artists don't even believe horses actually exist
- where's my damn shiptease ]:I
Jun 18, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2011
-sigh- I really don't like the 3d in the ending sequence........ :(
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Jul 5, 2015 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
The intro episodes have always been slow for this series.
Cringe-worthy as usual, but this time with more boys!

Aug 2, 2015 6:29 AM

May 2012
So I started this with the impression this was going to be boring because how it started with the slow pacing but then suddenly a wild WAKAMOTO NORIO appears! Definitely pumped my interest rate up a couple notches as it's hard to find a bad anime where Norio plays in :3

Seriously though I'm probably only watching this now because Norio is in it xD

Besides Norio the episode was quite slow, rather uninteresting and the CGI dancing just felt really off. So well let's see what this anime will offer but well I know this will just be Norio and the rest of the anime for me.
Nov 29, 2015 7:37 AM
Jul 2015
The episode was awesome, but the only thing that made me SUPER mad was ALLL of Haruka's encounter with the Starish boys. I'm just like "WHY CECIL? We play the same instrument. Date me, not Haruka!" "Ren, let it go! She doesn't love you!" I don't see the Ren x Haruka couple happening.. at ALL, so I'm not too concerned with that, but I don't care if she dates Syo. I don't care if she dates Natsuki, heck she can date Tokiya. STAY AWAY FROM ITTOKI, CECIL, AND REN! So, in short, it pained me to watch the opening. I like haruka but don't like her at the same time :/
Jan 3, 2016 4:33 PM

Dec 2015
I was so excited to see first ep of the third season! It was a slow episode, but it's the first one this season so it's okay. I liked to see them all introduced again. And I'm super excited of seeing more Quartet Night, just can't wait. What Ai said was so cute tho...
Shining Saotome never disappoints.
When they started to repeat ''Revolution'' in the end it was weird, but funny. So I kinda laughed :D
Yes, it can be predicted that they will perform in the SSS event, but it doesn't matter to me. And I once again loved the opening and ending songs. I think I actually liked Quartet night's song better this time.

Anyway can't wait to see what happens in this season! Very excited to start watching it!
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Mar 8, 2016 5:13 PM

May 2014
This is a parody, right? I mean, UtaPri has always been ridiculous and over the top, but this is something else altogether. It felt like a continuation of the Osomatsu-san skit that takes the absolute piss out of reverse harems (namely UtaPri, tbf.)

?????? Someone got paid to write that script, (and like a dozen "...Revolution?"s in a row) and that is mindblowing, really.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

59 by senekohan »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

42 by senekohan »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:07 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

24 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 2:44 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

19 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 12:19 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

28 by Liaeves »»
Apr 14, 2020 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.