Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion

Apr 14, 2015 8:58 AM

slkrr said:
meishika said:
Ufo has chosen the "show, not tell" way is better for the anime. This option is actually good, since the VN will have the role to "tell" (e.g. for Shirou’s narrations) so both media can still sell in the future.

In almost any adaptation you can imagine, "show don't tell" is hands-down the best approach for a visual medium. And yet, purists always get bent out of shape about it.

Except that this adaptation is neither showing nor telling.

Apr 14, 2015 9:17 AM

WrongPriest said:
mira-nyan said:

David and Goliath. Like, it fits so perfectly.

No way Mira lol, David had to aim and wasn't a turd.

This is more like Goliath vs xXxPussyDestroyer1337xXx

Speaking of which, we have a David in the Fate/Universe, don't we.

Should be David and Spartacus instead =O....

Is what I would say if Fai wouldn't report me.
The sun is a deadly laser

Apr 14, 2015 9:20 AM

boring episode

2/5

Apr 14, 2015 11:33 AM

All I can see all over the place are personal opinions that (more often than not) are presented as if they were facts, as well as many vocal people putting the anime into relation with the VN, while denying it. Yes, you will not believe it, but even post that say "the anime fails to convey this or that" is a "comparison" to the VN.

In that regard, posts like...

Taito10 said:
boring episode

2/5

...are better at fulfilling this thread's purpose, as they (aside from occasional baiting) are usually just a person who only states their own opinion without trying to convince others that it's an unquestionable fact.

Oh well not that it in any way concerns me anymore... I just feel sorry for the people who accidently got spoilt by the vocal people doing their Fate/serious business.

Apr 14, 2015 11:43 AM

People do state their opinions, then others try and convince them they're wrong, and this goes for both sides.

Apr 14, 2015 11:45 AM

nocorras said:

People do state their opinions, then others try and convince them they're wrong, and this goes for both sides.

GAH! Rin's leaking again! Some one! Get Dr.Blonde Foreigner!

Apr 14, 2015 12:26 PM

mira-nyan said:
nocorras said:

GAH! Rin's leaking again! Some one! Get Dr.Blonde Foreigner!

I think that'll just lead to more leaks springing out of Rin . . .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 14, 2015 12:40 PM

Apr 14, 2015 12:44 PM

DocAwesome said:

Even better for making a new

Modified by Grey-Zone, Apr 14, 2015 12:47 PM

Apr 14, 2015 1:01 PM

After rewatching the episode i gotta say i actually liked quite a decent bit.

Goldie just makes me excited.

Apr 14, 2015 4:53 PM

w0w Rin2Cute

Apr 14, 2015 7:00 PM

Grey-Zone said:
All I can see all over the place are personal opinions that (more often than not) are presented as if they were facts, as well as many vocal people putting the anime into relation with the VN, while denying it. Yes, you will not believe it, but even post that say "the anime fails to convey this or that" is a "comparison" to the VN.

In that regard, posts like...

Taito10 said:
boring episode

2/5

...are better at fulfilling this thread's purpose, as they (aside from occasional baiting) are usually just a person who only states their own opinion without trying to convince others that it's an unquestionable fact.

Oh well not that it in any way concerns me anymore... I just feel sorry for the people who accidently got spoilt by the vocal people doing their Fate/serious business.

Are you high?

It's a discussion board ffs, how are closed statements helpful? Just keep it episode relevant.

Apr 14, 2015 7:27 PM

[quote=slkrr]
meishika said:
Ufo has chosen the "show, not tell" way is better for the anime. This option is actually good, since the VN will have the role to "tell" (e.g. for Shirou’s narrations) so both media can still sell in the future. /quote]

In almost any adaptation you can imagine, "show don't tell" is hands-down the best approach for a visual medium. And yet, purists always get bent out of shape about it.
while this is the best approach to tell the story the thing that fans are bent out of shape over is that the anime choose to keep the cooking scenes well in tact but does shit like placing important information like reality marbles behind a 400 dollar barricade or outright not explaining shit like the difference between true magic and magecraft. to make matters worst they chose to either just merely gloss over important characterization in the SOL scenes themselves. they wanna show how badass Saber i but they didn't give her much for the 2 scenes in the first half which would have given her more for her character arc. This sounds like some big shit but it's not entirely so...it's just a lot of little little things that added up enough to complain about it...

Apr 14, 2015 7:33 PM

WrongPriest said:
Are you high?

It's a discussion board ffs, how are closed statements helpful? Just keep it episode relevant.

Maybe we got different views on this, but I can hardly see "they removed Caster's backstory" as "episode relevant". Well maybe 2-3 posts would be fine, but when half of the pages of this thread are filled with this discussion about content that is neither part of the TV screening, nor part of the future BD release, then how can you call it "episode relevant"? Escpacially for the people who jump in to possibly discuss the episode itself without having read the VN, makes it at best a place to leave their opinion of it and then leave. In other words the VN readers hi-jacked the thread. Can't say I am innocent myself though. I was involved in it earlier as well, but I still think that all of us should tone it down in the next episode thread on saturday, instead of turning it into a private chatroom, or "salt vs hype", or "fai vs all" again.

Apr 14, 2015 7:34 PM

I give this visual story telling an 11/10

Apr 14, 2015 7:36 PM

nocorras said:
I give this visual story telling an 11/10

Plot twist: All of us were fooled! Caster isn't Medea, she was Mary all along!

Apr 14, 2015 7:40 PM

Grey-Zone said:
WrongPriest said:
Are you high?

Maybe we got different views on this, but I can hardly see "they removed Caster's backstory" as "episode relevant". Well maybe 2-3 posts would be fine, but when half of the pages of this thread are filled with this discussion about content that is neither part of the TV screening, nor part of the future BD release, then how can you call it "episode relevant"? Escpacially for the people who jump in to possibly discuss the episode itself without having read the VN, makes it at best a place to leave their opinion of it and then leave. In other words the VN readers hi-jacked the thread. Can't say I am innocent myself though. I was involved in it earlier as well, but I still think that all of us should tone it down in the next episode thread on saturday, instead of turning it into a private chatroom, or "salt vs hype", or "fai vs all" again.
the hype ancestors vs the salt apostles.

Apr 14, 2015 7:41 PM

I just hope something about this next episode is over exaggerated or it's going to be messy.

Apr 14, 2015 7:49 PM

nocorras said:
I just hope something about this next episode is over exaggerated or it's going to be messy.
it probably is exaggerated....but either way i'm probably gonna end up like your avatar whether it's handled well or it's fucked up.....

Apr 14, 2015 8:43 PM

nocorras said:

It'll be messy in more ways than one, that's for sure. I anticipate that a certain mess in particular will be done sufficiently enough to occupy my focus away from the other messes.

Apr 14, 2015 8:48 PM

Good episode.....................3/5.

Apr 14, 2015 9:14 PM

goldy is still not as cool as he was in fate/zero, but it looks like he's slowly getting there.

Apr 14, 2015 9:25 PM

Poitato said:
goldy is still not as cool as he was in fate/zero, but it looks like he's slowly getting there.

Looks like another mongrel requires execution.

Apr 14, 2015 9:30 PM

I liked Gil more in Fate/zero, but that doesn't mean much because I still hate that douche.

He was best in carnival phantasm, and I guess FHA.

Apr 14, 2015 9:33 PM

Goodnight sweet Meido's, sleep forever with Illya in the great Meido heaven in the sky.

Apr 14, 2015 9:38 PM

Forgetfulness said:
ZeroDragon said:

Looks like another mongrel requires execution.

He doesn't even get that good in F/sn though. F/Z Gil was better

The glory of the King of Heroes is everlasting and all who speak ill of it shall receive the punishment they deserve.

Though on a serious note, F/Z Gil is who I think of when it comes to "Gil". F/SN Gil is underwhelming when compared.

Apr 14, 2015 9:42 PM

ZeroDragon said:
The glory of the King of Heroes is everlasting and all who speak ill of it shall receive the punishment they deserve.

Though on a serious note, F/Z Gil is who I think of when it comes to "Gil". F/SN Gil is underwhelming when compared.

When I think of Gil, I always picture HF Gil. Such mongrel.

Apr 14, 2015 9:44 PM

iravuseiba said:
ZeroDragon said:

[mongrels intensify]

Apr 14, 2015 9:46 PM

WrongPriest said:
iravuseiba said:

[mongrels intensify]

Apr 14, 2015 9:52 PM

ZeroDragon said:
WrongPriest said:

[mongrels intensify]

Apr 14, 2015 9:57 PM

iravuseiba said:
ZeroDragon said:

And what of that senpai machine of a mongrel?

Apr 14, 2015 10:01 PM

iravuseiba said:
ZeroDragon said:

ZeroDragon said:

And what of that senpai machine of a mongrel?

Apr 14, 2015 10:10 PM

Apr 14, 2015 10:28 PM

ZeroDragon said:
you know you fucked up

Apr 14, 2015 10:37 PM

Maloghurst said:
ZeroDragon said:
you know you fucked up

Impossible, that move is too absurdly powerful, there's no way the grail nerfs would allow it.

Apr 14, 2015 10:55 PM

WrongPriest said:
Maloghurst said:
you know you fucked up

Impossible, that move is too absurdly powerful, there's no way the grail nerfs would allow it.

However, there are some things that I would rather not taint even the best weapons in my treasury with.

Apr 15, 2015 2:26 AM

I just love how
Is like "ha bitch"

Apr 15, 2015 8:17 AM

Huh. Caster's old master appearance is kind of different from what described in the VN.

Apr 15, 2015 8:44 AM

minoru09 said:
Huh. Caster's old master appearance is kind of different from what described in the VN.

Yeah, I think it was discussed somewhere in this thread....

....Or these 25pages were just Fai being salty.....

Apr 15, 2015 9:47 AM

Can someone translate what is written on (the pieces of paper on) Shirou's fridge? (First few seconds of the episode)

Apr 15, 2015 12:47 PM

Grey-Zone said:
Can someone translate what is written on (the pieces of paper on) Shirou's fridge? (First few seconds of the episode)

The one with the numbers says "Eggs left".
Second says "Shirou katsudon //Taiga".
Not really sure about the third something about taking out the thrash I think.
Edit--
"Don't forget to take out the thrash" I think. Read the 心 in 忘 as べ and was kinda confused.
Modified by ShieldKnight, Apr 15, 2015 12:53 PM
There is no sanity here, we are madmen engaging in usless folly.

Apr 15, 2015 12:52 PM

CookingPriest said:
I just love how
Is like "ha bitch"

She's badass enough to take it without going lala.

Apr 15, 2015 1:19 PM

minoru09 said:

Here:
Kinoko said:

"What, the game version says he's a middle-aged man of medium build? No, no, that's definitely just an illusion. Don't give it a second thought. You need to raise your "Insight" more... line your brain with eyes... yes... let's make contact together in Yharnam..."

Source: http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/index.html#11 (Type Moon Blog 4/11/15)

Apr 15, 2015 11:17 PM

ShieldKnight said:
Grey-Zone said:

The one with the numbers says "Eggs left".
Second says "Shirou katsudon //Taiga".
Not really sure about the third something about taking out the thrash I think.
Edit--
"Don't forget to take out the thrash" I think. Read the 心 in 忘 as べ and was kinda confused.

Thank you. It's those little details that make this franchise so interesting. The anime got its own world-building like that, showing bits of the everyday life through such small things.

Apr 16, 2015 6:46 AM

I really enjoyed this episode way more than last week, seeing Lancer and Gilgamesh was awesome as well!! I'm looking forward to the next episode. Rin XD

Apr 16, 2015 8:46 AM
Gil somehow boosts the whole episode for me :D Can't wait for the next episode.
This one was kinda weak, I agree, but nonetheless enjoyable :D

Apr 16, 2015 11:43 AM

Great start..but not totally to my liking.That's why(9/10)..
Mim

Apr 16, 2015 3:15 PM

Episode 2, Interesting episode to say the least. Happy to see less of Shiro and Rin.
I'm mostly looming forward to
, I've been waiting for this moment for damn near a year now.
Aldo, the berserker vs Blonde guy fight better be superbly animated and have great direction.
Finally, Blonde guy actually does something instead of standing around like an ass.
Modified by Tyrel, Apr 16, 2015 4:32 PM

Apr 16, 2015 3:23 PM

sullynathan said:
Episode 2, Interesting episode to say the least. Happy to see less of Shiro and Rin.
I'm mostly looming forward to
I've been waiting for this moment for damn near a year now.
Aldo, the berserker vs Blonde guy fight better be superbly animated and have great direction.
Finally, Blonde guy actually does something instead of standing around like an ass.
That blonde guy standing around like an ass is as natural to him as breathing.
it's aslo FSN, his name hasnt even really been revealed yet we just gave up because people dont know how to keep their mouths shut. but yea he tends not to do stuff until later in the story because he's suppose to be a surprise wildcard. the whole 4th war is kept a mystery here that's one of the reasons why people keep saying watch it last..
Modified by Tyrel, Apr 16, 2015 4:33 PM

Apr 16, 2015 3:47 PM

Uhm, that thing about
is a spoiler... ._.
Modified by Botato, Apr 16, 2015 3:51 PM

Pages (26) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »