Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 12:09 PM

Dec 2010
Ngl, I enjoyed this first episode. It's flat but charming in a 2D way. Why not.
Apr 3, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2012
black1blade said:
There is the general annoying thing about loads of girls paying him attention even though he is a twerp
It's not hard to believe. He's kinda pitiful yet determined in an innocent, honest way. Feels more believable and genuine than most MC's in the same boat, thanks to the characterization being pretty good.
Apr 3, 2015 12:12 PM

Nov 2013
rinnie002 said:
OMG Hestia's boobs are something. Neve though I would see a non-flat loli lool

Maybe it's not a loli but just a petite woman?

I think they gave her boobs because she's a potential love interest; this way she is not classified as a "true" loli and so there would be less backlash if the main character gets in a relationship with her (since she won't be classed as being underage).
Apr 3, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
neonie said:
therandomestguy said:

So it's kinda like Hestia is the role of the video game player as she can choose his path and skills as he levels up and Bell is her game character?

In some sense for gods with multiple people in their familia it's probably more like that lol. But she can't choose which specific stats get increased (well she could choose to NOT increase certain ones, but there's no benefit to doing that :P), whatever the adventure does in the Dungeon decides what get's increased.

So like being hit by an enemy will increase vitality. Running a lot will increase agility. Attacking things will increase strength. One of the key points the second time she increased his stats in the LN, was he wondered how his Vitality went up so high even though he only got hit once (Hestia hasn't told him about the skill that increases his potential.)

I'd liken Hestia more to like, a bonfire in Dark Souls when it comes to effect though lol.

Ah okay I think I understand it now, thank you again. :)
Apr 3, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2014
Solid debut episode, seems like it will be an entertaining fantasy adventure. I am getting a lot of Log Horizon and Sword Art Online vibes.
Apr 3, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
black1blade said:
There is the general annoying thing about loads of girls paying him attention even though he is a twerp
It's not hard to believe. He's kinda pitiful yet determined in an innocent, honest way. Feels more believable and genuine than most MC's in the same boat, thanks to the characterization being pretty good.

Yeah I suppose.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 3, 2015 12:17 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
HandsomeMan said:
rinnie002 said:
OMG Hestia's boobs are something. Neve though I would see a non-flat loli lool

I think they gave her boobs because she's a potential love interest; this way she is not classified as a "true" loli and so there would be less backlash if the main character gets in a relationship with her (since she won't be classed as being underage).
The other goddesses actually refer to Hestia as the "loli kyonyuu" so you may call her an oppai loli if you want (now that's a rare breed for sure). But yeah she's mostly just petite in my eyes

Btw I don't think that reasoning is really correct either since she's not human to begin with, so I don't think you'd need "excuses" for making that coupling happen even if she was flat
Apr 3, 2015 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
Shiba- said:
Dem Hestits and Hestass.
I can already see all the "omg Kirito's voice hur hur" and all that crap in this thread.
Apr 3, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Solid first episode and a great adaptation so far, apart from not explaining how updating the status works and Bell's new skill. Seems like there might be a bit of a timeskip going by the title of the next episode, but we'll have to wait and see.

DEFINITELY going to continue watching this.
A critic that can appreciate good anime? What is this madness!?
I sing and stuff. (Critical) reviews probably forthcoming.
Click below to see my list!
Apr 3, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2011
Not a bad episode. I hope Hestia is the only love interest; I'd hate if this went into harem territory, and because she's super cute about Bell. I'll definitely stick with it, so far it's hooked me.

4/5

Apr 3, 2015 12:21 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I read the synopsis for this a while ago and I wanted to watch it. I think it's alright so far, I just hope it's really funny. Plus I like the characters so far. :3
Apr 3, 2015 12:21 PM

Nov 2013
HaXXspetten said:
HandsomeMan said:

The other goddesses actually refer to Hestia as the "loli kyonyuu" so you may call her an oppai loli if you want (now that's a rare breed for sure). But yeah she's mostly just petite in my eyes

Btw I don't think that reasoning is really correct either since she's not human to begin with, so I don't think you'd need "excuses" for making that coupling happen even if she was flat

lol I think I was overthinking about the whole thing anyway. But when it comes to these things people judge by appearance, you should know that... A loli can be a 1000 years old and people will hate on her if she gets into a relationship. Take fire emblem awakening for example.
Apr 3, 2015 12:23 PM
Nov 2013
I found it pretty enjoyable. I'm not a huge fan of the characters yet, but I expect they'll grow on me.
Apr 3, 2015 12:25 PM

Mar 2011
Was looking forward to this until I heard his voice. He sounds way too much like Kirito from SAO which just puts me off. Do they have the same VA by any chance?
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Apr 3, 2015 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
Finally here :D the firs episode was awesome :)
Apr 3, 2015 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
AccessReviews said:
Solid first episode and a great adaptation so far, apart from not explaining how updating the status works and Bell's new skill. Seems like there might be a bit of a timeskip going by the title of the next episode, but we'll have to wait and see.

DEFINITELY going to continue watching this.

There is nothing to explain all super self explanatory.

Apr 3, 2015 12:30 PM

Sep 2014
Like this historical setting , art is also pretty nice :)

Also this Dungeon thing is a game or something...didn't understand now..

Whole thing seems interesting.
Apr 3, 2015 12:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ItsACakeNyaa said:
Was looking forward to this until I heard his voice. He sounds way too much like Kirito from SAO which just puts me off. Do they have the same VA by any chance?
yes
Apr 3, 2015 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
The art and the atmosphere are exactly what I expected from Dan Machi. Aizu and Hestia are just as portrayed from the Manga and the LN. Overall, a good start to what I'm already expecting to be an epic show (if they follow the novels at least...). Just hoping we'll get to at least up to Volume 5 or 6, and maybe they'll add bits and pieces of Aizu's side story as well.

But seriously, Bell's suppose to be in his early teens. I wouldn't have pinned them to use Matsuoka's normal voice for him. If anything you'd expect him to sound like a typical Shota, not a friggin 25 year old man..... And listening to him act all "in lurve" is just cringe-worthy. He's gonna be like this all show, which is gonna make it hard to bare...

Ah well, everything except Bell's voice is perfectly fine, so I guess I'll see if my ears get used to it in a few episodes....
L-RyoshiApr 3, 2015 12:35 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 3, 2015 12:38 PM

Aug 2014
R-OrioN said:
Like this historical setting , art is also pretty nice :)

Also this Dungeon thing is a game or something...didn't understand now..

Whole thing seems interesting.

No but it has game mechanics.

Apr 3, 2015 12:39 PM

Aug 2011
Man Hestia is so cute <33333
I don't have any issue with Matsuoka's voice but Bell isn't the kind of character I could like though.
Apr 3, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2014
Really enjoying this show, looking forward to seeing more
Hi there
Apr 3, 2015 12:44 PM
Mar 2014
Nabris said:
Not a bad episode. I hope Hestia is the only love interest; I'd hate if this went into harem territory, and because she's super cute about Bell. I'll definitely stick with it, so far it's hooked me.

4/5

Apr 3, 2015 12:46 PM

Jan 2015
Liked the first episode, the animation was good and the OST too. Some fanservice already but nothing to worry about.

I'm not a fan of this type of anime but I might give this a try.
HybridstoneApr 3, 2015 12:59 PM
Apr 3, 2015 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
1. just hate Matsuoka's voice. reminds me of kirito from sword art online. too OP

2. Not a fan of historical settings; Aiz's cold demeanor is very alluring

3. terrible / lackluster start for ep1

2/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 3, 2015 12:49 PM

Nov 2013
billybob300c said:
1. just hate Matsuoka's voice. reminds me of kirito from sword art online. too OP

2/10

I hope you drop it now then to save yourself time. Bye.
Apr 3, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
billybob300c said:
1. just hate Matsuoka's voice. reminds me of kirito from sword art online

2/10

Pff this is far from any sort of historical setting. It isn't even trying to go for the pseudo realistic world but with dragons and shit, it is literally a generic video game RPG world. Nothing wrong with that though.

Apr 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2011
I just feel Matsuoka isn't a good fit for Bell. I expected him to have a more cooler sounding voice, not his usual stupid sounding voice. It just doesn't match Bell.

Also, his skill is such a cheat. Hahaha. Can't wait to see what this series will bring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2015 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
HandsomeMan said:
The haters are making the score drop fast.

I can already see the "lol generic LN" chumps

Apr 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Mar 2014
Decided to give this a try since it's done by J.C. Staff. Alright episode. I'll give it another episode to see where it goes.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 3, 2015 1:00 PM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed this first ep. The MC is played by the same dude who plays Kirito which isn't suprising at all. But yeah I liked this and looking forward towards the next episode.
Apr 3, 2015 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Seems like it'll be a fun series to watch. I like the whole concept of gods choosing family members. Has a lot of potential for a lot of great characters. And going by the opening it seems like there'll be a lot more character introductions (hoping that the Hestia family gets more members but I don't want it to turn into a harem)
Apr 3, 2015 1:06 PM

Apr 2015
I like ^^

But a little rush and Bell voice.....
Apr 3, 2015 1:09 PM
Oct 2010
Is this a mmo or something?
Apr 3, 2015 1:09 PM

Oct 2013
My Fridays are looking good again........I love this :3
Apr 3, 2015 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
Haven't heard the OP, hope to hear it next episode, but the ED was good

I pretty much like the character design, and the visual is stunning.
I just need to get used to Matsuoka's voice, I think his voice fits the MC because he fits to be Kirito's voice and SAO is somehow the same as this anime.

Aiz is so cute to be the heroine. I like girls like her, she's too quite(or not?).

Hestia's bewbs tho. OPPAI DAISUKI <3

BTAG said:
I found it pretty enjoyable. I'm not a huge fan of the characters yet, but I expect they'll grow on me.

Yea, it was fun. I feel like there's a lot happened already.
Apr 3, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
Idk why people don't like the voice of Bell. I didn't watch SAO but I think his voice is actually good.
HybridstoneApr 3, 2015 1:27 PM
Apr 3, 2015 1:15 PM
Dec 2014
Not sure what to think of it just yet. This episode seemed interesting, but so was SAO beginning. MC already got a hax power up.

Hopefully this anime won't degenerate in faux harem, where every single female character falls for MC, but he is too dense to notice. (*cough* Nisekoi) Then again it probably will.
Apr 3, 2015 1:17 PM

Dec 2011
That Bell guy sure is a coward and couldn't do anything to the minotaur...

Awww, Bell-kun fell in love with that emotionless girl (at least she seemed so).

Hmm, that Hestia goddess is cute and poor... T.T

Dem Bell character stats doe XD...

Awww, Hestia is jealous :3

Poor Bell's pockets...

That guy from the Loki family sure was freaking annoying... damn bastard...

Overall the episode was nice and it's a rather interesting series to be honest.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 3, 2015 1:21 PM
Dec 2014
StefanMZ said:

Well... at least I undestood that Loki family members let some level 17 minotaurs escape and somehow one ended in level 5 dungeon, where MC was grinding levels killing Elwynn Forest boars or something.
Apr 3, 2015 1:22 PM
Nov 2010
StefanMZ said:

Awww, Bell-kun fell in love with that emotionless girl (at least she seemed so).

Hmm, that Hestia goddess is cute and poor... T.T

Dem Bell character stats doe XD...

Awww, Hestia is jealous :3

Poor Bell's pockets...

That guy from the Loki family sure was freaking annoying... damn bastard...

Overall the episode was nice and it's a rather interesting series to be honest.

The thing is he's not a coward, he physically can't do anything to it, nor did he go out of his way to attack the minotaur, it wonder up from the lower floors.
Apr 3, 2015 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty bad, Kirito/Sora everywhere
The setting is nice so I'll stay for a few more eps.
Apr 3, 2015 1:29 PM

Nov 2014
Yoshitsugu. A loli with a crush on him. Someone he likes. Someone that doesn't like him. "I want to become stronger".
If this keeps going the way I expect it to I might drop it.
Apr 3, 2015 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
Great start. Love it already

Its gonna be awesome ride. LN was so amazing (later on)
Apr 3, 2015 1:30 PM

Mar 2011
That was a good start for the series. Hestia <3
Apr 3, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 2014
Loving it so far, this should be interesting :)
Apr 3, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good, lot of potential
Good amount of comedy and action
Matsuoka did a pretty good job on voicing Bell, it's like a toned down version of Kirito. I can understand people's complains though
Lol haters for having unrealistic expectations
Apr 3, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty fun premise, very nice art and ost, going to watch this.

Though I didn't like things near the end in the bar, felt a bit forced.
Apr 3, 2015 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
Aimless light novel trash, the setting couldn't be more uninspired.
Apr 3, 2015 1:50 PM

Nov 2012
Not so bad, but I am still not convince, hopefully it will get better later on....
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

559 by jilebi_james23 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

202 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

362 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

195 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

207 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.