Forum Settings
Forums

If you knew that your future child was going to have Down syndrome, would you abort it?

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
WeebSpaceCommie said:
Immahnoob said:
Girls start puberty at 10-11 years old.

You can justify yourself straight to hell mister.
Hell doesn't exist.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 3, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
No
Apr 3, 2015 10:30 AM

Oct 2014
Yes, taking care of a special needs child would be beyond my capabilities; the child itself would just end up being a burden on the world to be honest.
Apr 3, 2015 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
Well, I would probably abort. And if my wife doesn't want to, then I would leave her.

Can't really justify this without sounding hateful or selfish so I'm not even going to try.
your waifu is shit
Apr 3, 2015 10:38 AM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
WeebSpaceCommie said:

You can justify yourself straight to hell mister.
Hell doesn't exist.

You can't prove that.
Apr 3, 2015 10:49 AM

Mar 2011
Seen people with down syndrome live productive lives and aren't as "special" as they might seem.

But if I had the choice, I'm not down for such a commitment. Not all live productive lives and the ones that do still need some help.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 3, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
Depends if the one giving birth wants to or not
If it was up to me though, I think I would.
Apr 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
WeebSpaceCommie said:
Immahnoob said:
Hell doesn't exist.

You can't prove that.
I don't need to, it's up to the one stating it exists to prove it.

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 11:04 AM

Apr 2014
WeebSpaceCommie said:
Immahnoob said:
Hell doesn't exist.

You can't prove that.

So what? You can't prove that exists either. But you can prove that most people believe in hell because of they are psychologically inclined to do so rather than basing this assumption on anything real. In other words, the belief can be shown to be quite illogical - which it is.
your waifu is shit
Apr 3, 2015 11:05 AM

May 2012
hell is similar to mal - you cant prove this either
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 3, 2015 11:06 AM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
WeebSpaceCommie said:

You can't prove that.
I don't need to, it's up to the one stating it exists to prove it.

Fine. There you go, now try doing some research next time instead of making stupid claims when multiple credible sources prove you wrong.
SzJ said:
So what? You can't prove that exists either. But you can prove that most people believe in hell because of they are psychologically inclined to do so rather than basing this assumption on anything real. In other words, the belief can be shown to be quite illogical - which it is.

Already answered it, now stop mimicing everything Imahnoob says and get your own opinions.
Apr 3, 2015 11:09 AM
May 2014
Yes.

Although the kids with down syndrome you used to see at your schools walking around looking fine, maybe moaning every now and then or something, and their parents might have said that things are going well etc. You have to remember. Theres lots of kids with down syndrome so bad that they dont go to school, so you dont see them. Some can be quite destructive and it can ruin families very quickly, so honestly I think I would.
Apr 3, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
WeebSpaceCommie said:

Already answered it, now stop mimicing everything Imahnoob says and get your own opinions.

Is it my fault that I agree with someone? Also I didn't even say something remotely similar. So why you so upset, friend?
your waifu is shit
Apr 3, 2015 11:13 AM

Aug 2014
My parents didn't abort me, I should do the same.
Apr 3, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
Why would I kill my own baby?
Apr 3, 2015 11:16 AM

Mar 2015
SzJ said:
WeebSpaceCommie said:

Is it my fault that I agree with someone? Also I didn't even say something remotely similar. So why you so upset, friend?

In this thread you have been remarkably similar, also like him you formed weird opinions that totally excluded critical thinking. As I said tons of credible sources prove me right, a simple google search would tell anyone that. I'm not upset, I'm just saddened by these wild claims with no evidence to back it up.
Apr 3, 2015 11:18 AM
Nov 2013
Just think about all of our parents judgement skills then decide upon that ;)
Apr 3, 2015 11:19 AM

Apr 2012
WeebSpaceCommie said:
Fine. There you go, now try doing some research next time instead of making stupid claims when multiple credible sources prove you wrong.
That's completely unrelated to the situation though, why would I be going to Norway to "justify" myself?

Don't be intellectually dishonest now.

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Hey, this thread isn't about fucking children and going to a Norwegian town because of it.

pls Immahnoob and Julius.
Apr 3, 2015 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
Yes I would
Apr 3, 2015 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
WeebSpaceCommie said:
That's completely unrelated to the situation though, why would I be going to Norway to "justify" myself?

The claim was that Hell doesn't exist, I proved that it does.

"You can justify yourself straight to Hell." is an expression, it's not meant to preach religion or anything like that. You chose to pick one part of an argument in order to try to invalidate the whole thing, when it was just a manner of speaking. So I assumed that I was allowed to disregard parts of the argument as well. Same playing field and all that.
Apr 3, 2015 11:43 AM
Oct 2014
I don't know, this young as I am now, it's more likely. But if I was older and more stable, perhaps not.

Apr 3, 2015 11:45 AM

Mar 2015
Moog- said:
Hey, this thread isn't about fucking children and going to a Norwegian town because of it.

pls Immahnoob and Julius.

Ok.

As I've said, I think that the perks of keeping the kid outweigh the perks of aborting it.
Apr 3, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
WeebSpaceCommie said:
Immahnoob said:

The claim was that Hell doesn't exist, I proved that it does.

"You can justify yourself straight to Hell." is an expression, it's not meant to preach religion or anything like that. You chose to pick one part of an argument in order to try to invalidate the whole thing, when it was just a manner of speaking. So I assumed that I was allowed to disregard parts of the argument as well. Same playing field and all that.
Actually, you didn't, you lied.

Because "You can justify yourself straight to Hell." has no meaning as an expression if it's not meant as "Hell" as the religious "Hell" but instead as the Norwegian town Hell.

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 12:00 PM

Oct 2013
At this moment, I cannot make a big decision like that. Honestly, it would be a joint decision between me and the mother. There are too many factors when trying to decide whether or not the abortion of the child should be carried through. I'd say right now, I'm undecided.
Apr 3, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2012
The woman takes the decision even if you're for or against it, anyway.

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
Actually, you didn't, you lied.

Because "You can justify yourself straight to Hell." has no meaning as an expression if it's not meant as "Hell" as the religious "Hell" but instead as the Norwegian town Hell.

As I said, you chose to pick a single piece and adress it rather than the argument as a whole, I did the same.

As I said, I am aware that it doesn't make any sense. If this upsets you, if you categorize it as lying, then sure, suit yourself, I really don't care.
Apr 3, 2015 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
WeebSpaceCommie said:
As I said, you chose to pick a single piece and adress it rather than the argument as a whole, I did the same.
I never did such a thing.
WeebSpaceCommie said:
As I said, I am aware that it doesn't make any sense. If this upsets you, if you categorize it as lying, then sure, suit yourself, I really don't care.
It's not really me categorizing you as a liar, it's just how it is objectively.

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 12:09 PM
Mar 2014
Yes, though I'd probably abort any child at this stage in my life. I'm just not ready. If I ever want kids, I'll probably adopt.
Apr 3, 2015 12:11 PM

Mar 2015
I wouldnt even want a normal kid tbh
Apr 3, 2015 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
Yes you should abort even normal kids

why would you put them in this shithole
lots of music -
Apr 3, 2015 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
incisorr said:

So that they can find joy in laughing at people like you.
Apr 3, 2015 12:17 PM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
WeebSpaceCommie said:
I never did such a thing.

Well as far as I see it you approached wether there is a hell or not rather than addressing the main argument that diddling little girls is wrong. But maybe you meant it differently, I'm not a mind reade.

incisorr said:

Didn't you see my list of perks earlier?
Apr 3, 2015 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
WeebSpaceCommie said:
rather than addressing the main argument that diddling little girls is wrong.
You jumped to conclusions yourself and strawmanned me in the first place, I didn't state a position on the matter you mentioned (considering it has nothing to do with anything that has been said prior), I was saying that 12 year old females can get pregnant.
WeebSpaceCommie said:
But maybe you meant it differently, I'm not a mind reade.
You're probably not a reader at all, as I did not make any statement, as I said.

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
Erio- said:
-Sachie said:
abortion is wrong.

: /

I agree...

I disagree.

-
Abort it.
Apr 3, 2015 12:32 PM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
I was saying that 12 year old females can get pregnant.

I said that they shouldn't be, not that they couldn't be.

Considering that there are documented cases where people below the age of 12 have given birth I thought that part would be obvious.

So you making the comment that you did made it seem like you were disagreeing with me. Were you or were you not?

You either agree with me and this is all a misunderstanding or you disagree with me and think that 12 year-olds being pregnant is perfectly fine. Your choice.
Sir_ChasmApr 3, 2015 2:03 PM
Apr 3, 2015 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
WeebSpaceCommie said:
Immahnoob said:
I was saying that 12 year old females can get pregnant.

I said that they couldn't be, not that they shouldn't be.

Considering that there are documented cases where people below the age of 12 have given birth I thought that part would be obvious.

So you making the comment that you did made it seem like you were disagreeing with me. Were you or were you not?

You either agree with me and this is all a misunderstanding or you disagree with me and think that 12 year-olds being pregnant is perfectly fine. Your choice.
You're already making a semantics mistake there. Saying they "couldn't be pregnant" is unrelated otherwise you'd be saying that no 12 year old is currently pregnant and you can't know that, what you meant is that they "shouldn't be pregnant".

There is no obvious in debate, and the person I was answering to said that 12 year old females can't get pregnant.

Neither, my argument was related to your "Hell".

That would be a red herring, so as I said, neither, I won't make a statement on this thread, this isn't the place.

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2011
If I had downs and any semblance of thought I'd want to be aborted.
Apr 3, 2015 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
You're already making a semantics mistake there. Saying they "couldn't be pregnant" is unrelated otherwise you'd be saying that no 12 year old is currently pregnant and you can't know that, what you meant is that they "shouldn't be pregnant".

There is no obvious in debate, and the person I was answering to said that 12 year old females can't get pregnant.

Neither, my argument was related to your "Hell".

That would be a red herring, so as I said, neither, I won't make a statement on this thread, this isn't the place.

You're right about one thing, shouldn't is what I meant, and what I originally wrote earlier, I don't know how they got mixed up the second time around, got it fixed now though, so thanks for pointing that out, weird typo anyways. As the original quote was:
WeebSpaceCommie said:
12 year-olds shouldn't be pregnant anyways.

So as I said, either there has been some misunderstanding or you disagree with me when I say that 12 year-olds shouldn't be pregnant.

And as far as Hell goes, as I said, it's a figure of speech, not meant as to say that Hell is real, because the religious Hell can't be proven or disproven. The Norway thing was meant more as a joke, if you don't like it then fine. But wether Hell is real or not isn't the main argument.

If I was to say that you were as mad as a hatter and you started arguing wether hatters are mad or not I think you can see how it really is irrelevant.
Apr 3, 2015 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
It's irrelevant to you, but that's the argument I started, I don't have to answer any other argument considering you started it without me stating anything on the matter previously.

Let me explain.
Immahnoob states Y.
You state X that is unrelated to Y.
Immahnoob doesn't want to argue about X and it is his choice, Immahnoob debates about Z instead that isn't part of X or Y, just a different argument.
You can choose to argue it or not as your choice is the same.

If it would have went like:
Immahnoob states Y.
You state X that is relevant Y.
Immahnoob either answers or forfeits.

So, it's "neither", once again, trying to force me to answer to the debate in question won't work.

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
Aborting it and throwing it away would be a waste of food, give it to some hungry animal, or package it up and send it to Africa.
Apr 3, 2015 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
MdDaniels said:
or package it up and send it to Africa.
Fetus soup for the poor in Afirca?

Autocrat said:

Apr 2015
-Sachie said:
I would abort this disgusting foetus.

I feel like punching you with a fucking knife.

Apr 2012
senpaiiiii said:
-Sachie said:
I would abort this disgusting foetus.

Because people agree with abortion?

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 2:24 PM

Apr 2015
I would NOT abort it! I'm so surprised by the amount of people here that actually said they would. So what if my child has Down syndrome? I wouldn't mind raising them.
Apr 3, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
Immahnoob said:
senpaiiiii said:

Because people agree with abortion?

Because that person basically called people with down syndrome disgusting, which pissed me off.
Apr 3, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2012
That's your choice then. Most people here are pro-abortion, because while the fetus is human, it is not a human being.

Plus, people think of the kids future, he'll get through a lot of extra hardship, why bother?
senpaiiiii said:
Because that person basically called people with down syndrome disgusting, which pissed me off.
You're taking people too seriously here. And even so, are you claiming he can't feel "disgust" towards them? These type of things tend to happen automatically, if he won't act upon it in harmful ways then what's the issue?

Autocrat said:
Apr 3, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
It's irrelevant to you, but that's the argument I started, I don't have to answer any other argument considering you started it without me stating anything on the matter previously.

Let me explain.
Immahnoob states Y.
You state X that is unrelated to Y.
Immahnoob doesn't want to argue about X and it is his choice, Immahnoob debates about Z instead that isn't part of X or Y, just a different argument.
You can choose to argue it or not as your choice is the same.

If it would have went like:
Immahnoob states Y.
You state X that is relevant Y.
Immahnoob either answers or forfeits.

So, it's "neither", once again, trying to force me to answer to the debate in question won't work.

WeebSpaceCommie chooses to argue Æ which isn't related to X, Y or Z. In this case we're doing the same thing.

And nobody is forcing you to do anything it's the internet, I'm not holding a gun to your head.

And once again, this either isn't really an argument, or you disagree with me on some level. And we both agree that Hell can't be proven or disproven, I felt like you were changing topics so I decided to not be serious hence the Norway thing.
We both agree that people below the age of 12 can get pregnant. Which really just leaves wether they should be.
Apr 3, 2015 2:28 PM
Jun 2014
I'd abort it because looking after kids is hard enough, looking after one with down syndrome is even harder.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 3, 2015 2:32 PM

Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
MdDaniels said:
or package it up and send it to Africa.
Fetus soup for the poor in Afirca?

Exactly, more fetus soup = more fetuses = more fetus soup

And the cycle continues

gotta support dem starving poor people and their bloated birth rates so they don't go hungry
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - 11 hours ago

20 by N1ghtsh4de »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever tried to write fanfiction?

TheBlockernator - Aug 11, 2022

49 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Which decade was the worst? ( 1 2 )

H-A-M-M-Y - Mar 27

71 by Ayumu0Kun »»
1 hour ago

» what is your favorite ice cream flavor? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

64 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

647 by zzz »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.