Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 10:09 AM

Aug 2014
I've read the LN and I still fairly liked the episode. The art style never really bothered me despite noticing the distinct character design adjustments. I was aware of the parts they skipped though they weren't absolutely necessary, but it does seem a bit rushed to an extent. That's only natural though. Hachiman's monologues and being homo for Totsuka is still there it seems. Not too many changes even though he became a bishounen

9/10, I don't really like judging from the first episode, but I liked the light novel so hopefully it follows through properly.

Apr 3, 2015 10:12 AM

Jul 2014
woah talk about rushed. good episode, but really unsatisfying
Apr 3, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
43211 said:
LN readers, will the drama be as good as in season 1?

As good? It's going to be even better! :D
At least it should...
Apr 3, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2010
Is it me or did Yui's breast turn into an A-cup?
Apr 3, 2015 10:30 AM
Jun 2013
Very nice start. Looking forward to seeing more of this show. Just wondering if Hachiman's hair was always like that?

Apr 3, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
Opening is normal nothing special but not bad, same with ending.
I think both season have good art but it can be better. Hachiman looks so diffrent, it bothers me.
Omg I liked that there was scenes with Yui and Hachiman, I was so happy, but they have to put scene with Yukino :(
I will give it ep 7/10, I enjoyed it but it was really, hm i dont know, ordinary?
Next episode look good.
Apr 3, 2015 10:45 AM

Jan 2014
I thought the opening song was great, very catchy. Likewise with the ED song.

Nice to see the trio back in action again. The art style looked slightly different, but not in a bad way. Looking forward to the season!
Apr 3, 2015 10:48 AM

Aug 2012
Everything I'm hearing about the pacing and animation compared to what I saw this episode, wow guys. It's going to be fine. Character designs are slightly off putting at first but we'll get used to it as long as the direction has a solid flow like this episode did.

This show's circumstances are just like Tobe's line this episode, a little(seemingly) bad luck to start with means things can only go up from here ;) Seeing what the LN readers are saying about the things to come, as long as the direction is solid this is going to be fine.
Apr 3, 2015 10:50 AM

Oct 2014
Hachiman can be my wingman, any time.

The episode wasn't as horrid as some people made it out to be imo, but then again I haven't read the LN.

Just seeing everyone again was great... but I have to get use to the art and character designs, it looks nice but I completely mistook Haruno for Yukino in one scene.
D3pthChargeApr 3, 2015 10:55 AM
Apr 3, 2015 11:05 AM
May 2014
THANK THE LORD MY BASED 8MAN IS BACK IN BUSINESS.
ALREADY BEST SEASON EVER.

Glad to see one of my favorite shows is back. I think the animation and character designs are fine honestly, they didnt change much and they dont neccasarily look bad either.
Apr 3, 2015 11:06 AM

Dec 2008
felipekorbes said:
If someone can answer me this I'd be glad because I'm kind of confused, quite some time since last season. Anyway, did Yukino use to behave like this in the previous season? Wasn't she more like a kuudere? Now she looks simply like a normal and shy girl.

It's not as apparent as it should be but gradually Yukinon is getting used to Hachiman, with their relationship subtly developing from simply two strangers forced into the same club to...well, really more of acquaintances forced into the same club together. She still possesses much of her core kuudere elements but given everything that's happened so far, it's only natural for Yukinon to become slightly more conscious about Hachiman, even if it's just a slight bit.

One other particular part I'd like to mention is that if you're referring to the last moment of the episode where Yukinon expressed that she didn't want to be seen together with Hachiman returning to the hotel at such a late time, remember that she left her room because her classmates turned all of their gossiping attention towards her, which drove her to leave since she wasn't comfortable with that kind of attention (as well as presumably the topic, assuming it's the usual topic discussed in such settings). The last thing she needs is to add a significant amount of fuel to a fire that was just about to burn out, especially if (and this is speculation on my end) she's still in the middle of assessing exactly what Hachiman means to her and what sorts of things she feels comfortable sharing with him.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Apr 3, 2015 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
I liked the Yukino x Hachiman moment XD

[spoiler]

/spoiler]
Apr 3, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2012
won't say this first episode was either good or bad, it just felt sort of off to me. Off as in something isn't quite right. Not sure what, specifically, was bothering me.
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Apr 3, 2015 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
People are complaining so much.. why?
Because human beings at the core hate change, because what they see now is different then what they have seen before. Thats why they cannot accept it, but you know what? If people got rid of their subjective viewpoint they would actually see that S2 is better. The art is not worse then S1, its better. Accept it. Sure there are factors like personal taste, i myself didnt like Yukino's S2 design when i first saw it, but i got rid of my subjective viewpoint and realized that the art is indeed better.

Whelp not that it will change anything people will always complain lel

Anywho i think it was a great start, lots of funny moments that i had to keep replaying, i also like how Yukino was like GTFO to Tobe for dissing 8man.
Apr 3, 2015 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
There was that one time, a man was depressed. However, a god known as 'Studio Feel' gave their heavenly hand to the depressed man. Inside the hand was a gift called 'Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku'

'tis a good Friday (no Kurishitan joke intended) to be alive.

during the first two and a half minutes, I was crying 'cause I knew Hachiman (mah man) was back. his wise words will bestow immortality to us peasants.

also omg did the girls get prettier
totsuka too cute wtf I don't even know if I'm straight or homo

10/10 "when u discover ur friend is fujoshi"

OP AND ED SO GOOD
SAGASHI NI YUKUNDA SOKO EEEE

idk about you guys but for me this episode is so flawless as fk. I rate 5/5 proudly.
also animation got better for me.

totsuka in the preview was so cute
NakatoshiApr 3, 2015 12:23 PM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 3, 2015 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
An ok first episode, quite a bit of content put in. I think that Yukino's hairstyle looked a bit strange towards the end.
Orevataf said:
The hell happened, Hikitani turned into a bishounen dafuq.

Lol!
fear80 said:
The eyes aren't that rotten anymore.......

I think so too
Apr 3, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode.
Great characters.
Great character design.
A little bit strange animation.

Already liking it more than the first season.
Apr 3, 2015 11:43 AM

Dec 2009
As a nonlight novel reader, I'm so glad this is back, fuck Tobe btw asking Hachiman for help even though he is talking down to him.

Yui and Yukino both showing why they are great this episode, can't wait to see more of them both.
Apr 3, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
Why does Hikki look so different from first season, did he get plastic surgery?

Apr 3, 2015 12:15 PM

Oct 2013
ditch everyone and please go the totsuka route hachiman!!
Apr 3, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
43211 said:
LN readers, will the drama be as good as in season 1?
Better. As in, both quality and quantity.
There's a reason the Oregairu got first in ALL LN CATEGORIES (best character, best male character, best female(three spots in top 5 actually), overall best character (3 spots in top 5 here too), best LN, best art etc) in that whatsitsname LN awards...
No, that really doesn't sound very convincing, especially since I can't even remember the name of the prize..
But what the hell, its loads better and characters far far more fleshed out than your standard rom com fare...
If I'm being honest, done right, it should sweep Shigatsu of its throne (assuming it gets the same hype, but guess not since its not all that comfy and in fact steps into genuinely dark and depressing territory often)
Apr 3, 2015 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
mmm...
I don't know what to think about this episode xD.
I think the new art perturbated me more than anything,so I had difficulties to focus on the episode.
I guess I'll have a long time before adaptating to this.
It's not that the art is bad or anything,it's just as if I was watching another anime with similar characters...
Apr 3, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
Finally, one of the best anime is out!
I like this anime and all, but man why do they have to change the artwork.
Hopefully I can come to like the new artwork.
Over all it good for the first episode.
4/5 (-1 for the change of artwork)
Apr 3, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2014
I just wanna see him be with Yukino, because Yukino best girl.

But yeah, glad to see its back. Not a LN reader so I don't mind the pacing. And the art style doesn't faze me since I barely remember how it was before. But it's not bad at all.
Apr 3, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
Yay it's back :D

ok first episode, I don't really like the change in art, I prefer the first season's.

These BL vibes are also getting on my nerves
Apr 3, 2015 12:49 PM
Jul 2012
zat-bust said:
Why does Hikki look so different from first season, did he get plastic surgery?
Different animation company.
Apr 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
Meh. Average.
Apr 3, 2015 1:06 PM

Jan 2015
So that threw me.

I seriously miss the first season's animation/character design. This seems off, even from the original LN Ponkan8 style. I had to rewatch the episode to get over it and actually understand what was going on.

Everyone's hair seems too perfect. Yukinon is much too docile - where are those hard-hitting quips and evil smirks? And why is the ending sequence more normally animated than anything else - the concert looks like it was made exclusively in 3D. In the bad way.

I'll continue watching, but so far, it hasn't got a patch on the first season.

SanDavid said:
Is it me or did Yui's breast turn into an A-cup?

This is true. Where did they go? And also, what is Yukinon then?

Apr 3, 2015 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
Totsuka best girl! No one comes close.
Eh
Apr 3, 2015 1:39 PM

Nov 2010
Some people need to rewatch the first season and put their nostalgia googles off. While I do agree that S1 art style is distinct and has better color palletes (no washed off grayish color), S2 is actually closer to original design, and as far as I can see is on par/better animated. You must be blind or forgetful that S1 had plenty of derps and not that highly budgeted.

Not many actual comment about the content (everything felt relatively in place I guess? Has to note that there are changes in personality after last arc) but I think this is a decent volume to be a bridge between S1 and S2. Looking forward to next volumes.
Apr 3, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2010
I have the feeling things where rushed, rushing is the enemy of any adaption.
But things looked pretty ok aside from that let's hope this will be as good as the first season.
Apr 3, 2015 2:08 PM
Jan 2014
The animation is way better than S1 and the designs are great. Although the color is a bit dull, the lines are sharper and look way more refined IMO. All the better for me :p

So glad to see 8man again Q_Q
Apr 3, 2015 2:23 PM
Sep 2013
love this trap
:)
Apr 3, 2015 2:27 PM
Nov 2013
MFK said:
So to sum up the discussion:
1. Too rushed - season 1 did 6 volumes in 12 episodes, this has the same pace.
2. Art style is bad - Different studio. At least it aint Liden
3. Borrowed sound effects - really......really.

Fuck anime fans are hard to please.

Took the words right out my mouth.

I haven't read the novel's but this episode didn't seem rushed to me. The art is different but I didn't think it was horrible like everyone else is saying.

Anyway, great first episode. So happy to have this show back <3
Apr 3, 2015 2:39 PM

Oct 2013

This was art of season 1...and although the character design of Hachiman be original, still was weird and ugly...and I don't remember in the LN someone to say that he is ugly, just...normal. I remember only of some characters speaking bad about your dead/fish eyes and weird smiles. So much that Yui in some volume forward (9 or 10), praises his appearance when he use glasses. And comparing between the character designs of LN, S1 and S2, S2 and LN are the more similars (still that Yui seems Misaka and Hikigaya remembers Accelerator).

While animation, is very difficult to have indecisions. Oregairu S1's animation was simply one of the weakest animation of Brain's Base. Much frames were reused in very scenes (watch episode 12 in concert), wrongs anatomics, and character design many times irregular. While Feel's animation not is excellent, but good.

But many times, to like art or animation is a personal choice, then all our opinions are right. Simple.

; )
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Apr 3, 2015 2:41 PM

Sep 2012
I've like SNAFU OP since the first season, and the ED, so relaxing.

The animation got bad, and 8man's voice seems to be changed imo.

Yui's voice is still adorable as ever.

Meen, I can watch an anime like this all day long. That feeling when I'm watching Sol anime, it's like I'm inside with them. The background music is so heartwarming to hear.

I can't say this yet, but I think this season is better than the first.

Still waiting to finish downloading Shokugeki. I'm excited :3
MakuroApr 3, 2015 2:48 PM
Apr 3, 2015 2:42 PM
Dec 2013
What the hell happened to Hikigaya? He looks like a completely different character, and it's not only because of the different hair colour. His face looks different. All the other characters look fine, though. I mean, I know they switched studios between seasons, but damn.
Apr 3, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
Nice OP and ED song.
The animations look real nice.
Good to see Hikigaya and the whole group again.
Hina is hilarious and her fantasies.
Off to the Kyoto trip. Looks like a lot of fun.
Looking forward to seeing more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 3, 2015 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
r0ykun said:
MFK said:
So to sum up the discussion:
1. Too rushed - season 1 did 6 volumes in 12 episodes, this has the same pace.
2. Art style is bad - Different studio. At least it aint Liden
3. Borrowed sound effects - really......really.

Fuck anime fans are hard to please.

Took the words right out my mouth.

I haven't read the novel's but this episode didn't seem rushed to me. The art is different but I didn't think it was horrible like everyone else is saying.

Anyway, great first episode. So happy to have this show back <3

Fans should be happy they got S2.
Apr 3, 2015 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
Sadly, it seems that secondary characters are still shit.
Apr 3, 2015 2:52 PM

Jan 2015
I actually really like the new art.It looks more fresh and bright and i think that's how it should be.It was a good first episode. I hope the relationtionship between Yui and Hachiman develops this season.

Yui x Hichi all the way!
Apr 3, 2015 2:59 PM

May 2011
OUR NIGGA IS BACK
Apr 3, 2015 3:15 PM

Sep 2010
Ah I am really happy that this anime got another season.

I would like a reminder of what happened in the last on as I don't really remember but oh well.

YUPI!
Apr 3, 2015 3:17 PM

Sep 2014
Why is Yukino all smiley and shit?
Apr 3, 2015 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
notsomacho said:
Why is Yukino all smiley and shit?

Development in your relationship with 8man and Yui. Simple. ; )
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Apr 3, 2015 3:24 PM

Apr 2008
This was actually a great first episode. Granted alot of content was cut from the light novel, but it was still an excellent watch. So good to see the characters in animation again.

Apr 3, 2015 3:28 PM

Feb 2008
I could hardly concentrate on the actual show since the FFF subs were so awful. I think I'll stick to watching raw from here on.
Apr 3, 2015 3:29 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the older character designs more but this one is still nice ^^
Apr 3, 2015 3:33 PM

Jun 2014
Is it me or Hachiman looks cooler this season?
Whatever, enjoyed the first episode with a great OP and ED.
Damn the moment when Hachiman and Yukino were alone was really cute!
5/5
Apr 3, 2015 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
Seem's there's a bigger budged this time, unless they just blew it all on this 1st ep. Liking the new art style as well. Glad to have Hiki, Yukinon & Yui back, as well as the rest of the cast. It's time for 8man to set things right in the world once again.

And oh, Hiki & Yukino?

Sensei has given you her blessing, no need to hesitate now.
ManlyTearApr 3, 2015 3:36 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.