Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Apr 2, 2015 5:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 11
First of all, this is my first forum msg so nice to meet you all (:

I’m relatively new to anime, been watching anime for a bit less than a year. (But once I did I couldn’t stop). I’ve watched hunter X hunter 2011 twice already and it’s probably the best anime I’ve ever watched. Recently I find myself missing this anime and I really can’t stop thinking about it. I fill like no other anime will ever be as good. This is where you come in, so instead of watching it again, it there any other anime that you think would please me just as well?

You can probably see that my scores are pretty high but I have to tell you that I truly love anime and enjoy it like nothing else. I’m also a bit picky with the anime I watch so I don’t tend to watch anime that I think I won’t enjoy. What I like? I’m a sucker for seinen, adventure, sci-fi and psychological stuff. Will watch mecha but it needs to be really good (NGE/CG style). I hate shoujo (except from madoka magica), I hate harem and ecchi and all the school life anime (I’m 26 so it’s really far from me), I won’t watch any sport anime, I prefer to watch sports live. Comedy is alright but I’ve only watched gintama and GTO and I think they’re really special so I don’t know if I will enjoy other comedy anime.

One last think to be clear, bleach was my first long run anime and my first seinen so it got a 10 from me since it most definitely will always be in my heart.

One last think 2, I am planning to watch hunter X hunter 1999.

Yoroshiku (:
 
#2
Apr 2, 2015 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 270
1. Bleach is not seinen
2. Madoka is not shoujo
3. try Yu Yu Hakusho which was by the same author as HxH
 
#3
Apr 2, 2015 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Watch One Piece.
 
#4
Apr 2, 2015 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2825
tsudecimo said:
Watch One Piece.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#5
Apr 2, 2015 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Watch Pokemon.
 
#6
Apr 2, 2015 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 4389
I heard that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is almost as good as HxH (I personally don't think it is, though).
 
#7
Apr 2, 2015 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
You watch other better anime than HxH though I think that's going to be much harder with your closed taste.
 
#8
Apr 2, 2015 2:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
IntroverTurtle said:
You watch other better anime than HxH though I think that's going to be much harder with your closed taste.


Only if there were better anime than HxH, it would make OP happy....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
#9
Apr 2, 2015 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
soundscape said:
IntroverTurtle said:
You watch other better anime than HxH though I think that's going to be much harder with your closed taste.


Only if there were better anime than HxH, it would make OP happy....
There are. Oh you didn't know? Oh I forgot, I guess it's not that surprising see as you haven't watched but about 13% of the anime I have. My bad
 
Apr 2, 2015 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
IntroverTurtle said:
soundscape said:


Only if there were better anime than HxH, it would make OP happy....
There are. Oh you didn't know? Oh I forgot, I guess it's not that surprising see as you haven't watched but about 13% of the anime I have. My bad


You say it like it is a good thing, guess we have a different point of view here, but give me one recommendation of a good anime I still haven't watched and don't have in my PTW that might be better than HxH, or good in general. You would save me the trouble, thx. Until then from the the 325 anime that I watched OP is out of luck, there are no better anime....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Apr 2, 2015 4:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
soundscape said:
IntroverTurtle said:
There are. Oh you didn't know? Oh I forgot, I guess it's not that surprising see as you haven't watched but about 13% of the anime I have. My bad


You say it like it is a good thing, guess we have a different point of view here, but give me one recommendation of a good anime I still haven't watched and don't have in my PTW that might be better than HxH, or good in general. You would save me the trouble, thx. Until then from the the 325 anime that I watched OP is out of luck, there are no better anime....
Like what's a good thing? That there are anime better than HxH? Of course, I personally think it's just good so there's the possibility he could enjoy an anime I like more, more. And he has only watched 39 anime, you shouldn't have watched the best thing out there when you're that new(takes away some of the excitement), actually it's very hard to, most people gain different favorites and or realize the ones they thought were great weren't really that good as they gain experience.

You can just look at my list and pick one out yourself, we have High compatibility and you haven't rated one of my 10s under a 7( a 7 meaning good on MAL) so it should be easy for you to find one that's good in general. Will you though, I don't know, it sounds like you don't have that open of a mind and will go into it thinking that there's no way it could beat Hxh(especially if you got it from my list), it would be hard to find one if you think that way(other variables like how long you've liked HxH also play a part).

You forget that you're the one who commented first on my post saying that I was wrong, acting like I randomly came out of nowhere and said you're wrong. And you can go ahead and say that, idc, all I was saying is that it's sorta presumptuous(?) to call me out about my statement when you have barely seen 10% of what I've seen.
 
Apr 2, 2015 5:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 11
amare135 said:
1. Bleach is not seinen
2. Madoka is not shoujo
3. try Yu Yu Hakusho which was by the same author as HxH

Yes you're right, I meant shounen, sorry.

Yu Yu Hakusho was actually at the top of my list now since I’ve finished NGE (and BTW really loved the last two episodes)

And about One Piece, I know I should like it but I'm really afraid of the notorious slow pace this anime has. I really don't know if I'm up for it. And I do watch a lot of anime almost on daily basis but still it seems too long and too slow. Is it really worth it?

IntroverTurtle, sorry, but I'm not really sure who are you referring to in your last message, me or soundscape? Also, I'm a girl.

And from viewing your list (which took me forever) I found the following that seems like a go - Kingdom, Tenpou Ibun: Ayakashi Ayashi and Black Jack. So I'll probably check them out sometime soon. Also, I was wondering about Aria. This anime keeps popping out on anime lists that I love and I wonder should I give it a chance?
Modified by strangebrew, Apr 2, 2015 7:19 PM
 
Apr 3, 2015 12:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
IntroverTurtle said:
soundscape said:


You say it like it is a good thing, guess we have a different point of view here, but give me one recommendation of a good anime I still haven't watched and don't have in my PTW that might be better than HxH, or good in general. You would save me the trouble, thx. Until then from the the 325 anime that I watched OP is out of luck, there are no better anime....
Like what's a good thing? That there are anime better than HxH? Of course, I personally think it's just good so there's the possibility he could enjoy an anime I like more, more. And he has only watched 39 anime, you shouldn't have watched the best thing out there when you're that new(takes away some of the excitement), actually it's very hard to, most people gain different favorites and or realize the ones they thought were great weren't really that good as they gain experience.

You can just look at my list and pick one out yourself, we have High compatibility and you haven't rated one of my 10s under a 7( a 7 meaning good on MAL) so it should be easy for you to find one that's good in general. Will you though, I don't know, it sounds like you don't have that open of a mind and will go into it thinking that there's no way it could beat Hxh(especially if you got it from my list), it would be hard to find one if you think that way(other variables like how long you've liked HxH also play a part).

You forget that you're the one who commented first on my post saying that I was wrong, acting like I randomly came out of nowhere and said you're wrong. And you can go ahead and say that, idc, all I was saying is that it's sorta presumptuous(?) to call me out about my statement when you have barely seen 10% of what I've seen.


Yoooo dude, relax. I wasn't really being serious, I was just messing with you . Just posting ridiculous statements like you do about your favorite? Thought you wouldn't bite...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Apr 3, 2015 1:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Watch Fairy Tail.
 
Apr 3, 2015 3:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 17182
Watch all the series I rated 9 and 10. It will reveal a whole new world to you.

And don't bother with the 1999 version. Nothing to see.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!
 
Apr 3, 2015 4:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
RedRoseFring said:
Watch all the series I rated 9 and 10. It will reveal a whole new world to you.

And don't bother with the 1999 version. Nothing to see.


99 version is better than 2011 for the arcs that it covered with the exception of GI arc.

@OP watch it, you might like it, it has a different atmosphere.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Apr 3, 2015 4:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Watch Gintama.
 
Apr 3, 2015 6:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
soundscape said:
Yoooo dude, relax. I wasn't really being serious, I was just messing with you . Just posting ridiculous statements like you do about your favorite? Thought you wouldn't bite...
Yeah right, nice backpedaling. And nothing I ever say about One Piece is ridiculous.

People always assume you're angry when you post a lot on a forum.

strangebrew said:
IntroverTurtle, sorry, but I'm not really sure who are you referring to in your last message, me or soundscape? Also, I'm a girl.
I talked about you but my post was directed at soundscape which is why I quoted him.

strangebrew said:
And from viewing your list (which took me forever) I found the following that seems like a go - Kingdom, Tenpou Ibun: Ayakashi Ayashi and Black Jack. So I'll probably check them out sometime soon. Also, I was wondering about Aria. This anime keeps popping out on anime lists that I love and I wonder should I give it a chance?
Hope you enjoy them and remember to push on for Kingdom, the first 10 episodes aren't that good but it gets better and then the next season is great.

Idk, your list doesn't look to have a single Slice of Life anime let alone an iyashikei so who knows if you'll like it. If you watch it just don't go into it thinking it's going to be plot heavy, it's a very light anime, iyashikei means to sooth, so there's mostly going to be short heartwarmingish stories. And similar to Kingdom, most people like the second season more. As it's episodic though you can watch an episode at anytime so you can just watch it every once in a while or when you feel like it.
 
Apr 3, 2015 8:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3719
You should try Jojo's Bizarre Adventure! Start with the 2012 version.
 
Apr 3, 2015 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 163
IDK, besides FMAB, the rest of the shonen out there are pretty bad imo =/ JoJo is pretty cool though, great fight scenes! I just wouldn't go watching other long running shonens, especially Bleach!
 
Apr 3, 2015 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 347
there's not, it ends after u watch it


 
Apr 3, 2015 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 6816
tsudecimo said:
Watch Gintama.


^This.Its quite lengthy and damn hilarious.
 
Apr 3, 2015 1:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301


Lol
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Apr 3, 2015 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Watch Inyusha.
 
Apr 3, 2015 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
DONT WATCH: Naruto, Bleach; One piece (I recommend you to read the One Piece manga). But those are the typical shit
Inuyasha is a good option
Gintama has some serious, deep moments/arcs but it has more comedy

You should watch: Magi, FMAB, Jojos (shonen adventure)
- seinen and masterpieces: Legend of galactic heroes, shinsekai yori, Ghost in the shell, Mawaru Penguindrum
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Apr 4, 2015 4:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 11
Most of non-slice-of-life animes have bad excution and storytelling. I've watched some animes that considered as top-tier like Code Geass, Madoka, AoT, TTGL, SAO, OP but they can't compared to HxH.

HxH will always be underrated, because you need to be mature enough and watch it many times to fully understand the show.
 
Apr 4, 2015 4:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Watch D.Gray man.
 
Apr 5, 2015 2:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 726
Watch these :
Mirai Nikki
Code Geass
Attack On titan
Fairy Tail
Magi
Aldnoah Zero
 
Apr 5, 2015 2:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 726
Just watch Boku No Pico and your life will be complete
 
Apr 5, 2015 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 670
CptJonasTheJay said:
You should try Jojo's Bizarre Adventure! Start with the 2012 version.

This and FMAB too.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
 
Apr 5, 2015 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Watch Akame ga Kill.
 
Apr 5, 2015 7:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 726
Bible black ?
 
Apr 5, 2015 7:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 339
Dont worry there are many better animes out there.
 
Apr 5, 2015 8:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
tsudecimo said:
Watch D.Gray man.
Why watch something that will never finish?
 
Apr 5, 2015 8:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
Ignore everything CyberAnimeLover said after his first post btw.
Modified by Mr_Zaroff, Apr 5, 2015 8:52 PM
 
Apr 5, 2015 8:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
strangebrew said:
First of all, this is my first forum msg so nice to meet you all (:

I’m relatively new to anime, been watching anime for a bit less than a year. (But once I did I couldn’t stop). I’ve watched hunter X hunter 2011 twice already and it’s probably the best anime I’ve ever watched. Recently I find myself missing this anime and I really can’t stop thinking about it. I fill like no other anime will ever be as good. This is where you come in, so instead of watching it again, it there any other anime that you think would please me just as well?

You can probably see that my scores are pretty high but I have to tell you that I truly love anime and enjoy it like nothing else. I’m also a bit picky with the anime I watch so I don’t tend to watch anime that I think I won’t enjoy. What I like? I’m a sucker for seinen, adventure, sci-fi and psychological stuff. Will watch mecha but it needs to be really good (NGE/CG style). I hate shoujo (except from madoka magica), I hate harem and ecchi and all the school life anime (I’m 26 so it’s really far from me), I won’t watch any sport anime, I prefer to watch sports live. Comedy is alright but I’ve only watched gintama and GTO and I think they’re really special so I don’t know if I will enjoy other comedy anime.

One last think to be clear, bleach was my first long run anime and my first seinen so it got a 10 from me since it most definitely will always be in my heart.

One last think 2, I am planning to watch hunter X hunter 1999.

Yoroshiku (:
I've looked at my list and found a couple that maybe could work for you idk.
1. Samurai Champloo
2. Soul Eater
3. Deat Parade or Death billards or both
4. Black butler (English title) Avoid second season and go to book of circus and book of murder
Hope you like them if you decide to pick them up.
 
Apr 5, 2015 10:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 12
I'm relatively new to anime as well and after I finished fma:b I never thought I'd be able to fill that void.....and then I found hunter x hunter! I'm currently on the election arc, so I get emtional just thinking about epi 148 coming up :(

brotherhood is an excellent choice to follow up after hunter x hunter. In 60 odd episodes they almost completely caputured the same amount of character growth and development as hxh! there's no way youd regret watching it
 
Apr 6, 2015 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 726
School days ?
Great ending lol
 
Apr 6, 2015 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 412
Watch One Piece, there will be no "after" .
 
Apr 6, 2015 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Watch Sayint Seia Omega.
 
Apr 9, 2015 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 11
Wow guys, thanks for all the recommendations!
Gintama is one of my all time favorite, I absolutely love this show.
I watched 3 episodes of Jojo and didn’t really like the animation style and Jojo himself appears to be really stupid. Does it get better?
Soul eater – pretty much the same as Jojo, didn’t like the animation style and it was really weird for me, and not really a good weird.
D.grey man – I’m currently reading the manga
I’ve also watched FMA brotherhood
Samurai chameleon sounds awesome I will definitely watch it.

minhquan0 said:
Most of non-slice-of-life animes have bad excution and storytelling. I've watched some animes that considered as top-tier like Code Geass, Madoka, AoT, TTGL, SAO, OP but they can't compared to HxH.

HxH will always be underrated, because you need to be mature enough and watch it many times to fully understand the show.

already watched all of the above, and I completely agree with you, after I watched HxH for the second time it only made me want to watch it again, I also felt like I appreciate and understand the story much better, the characters are really amazing.
 
Apr 9, 2015 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 670
strangebrew said:
Wow guys, thanks for all the recommendations!
Gintama is one of my all time favorite, I absolutely love this show.
I watched 3 episodes of Jojo and didn’t really like the animation style and Jojo himself appears to be really stupid. Does it get better?
Soul eater – pretty much the same as Jojo, didn’t like the animation style and it was really weird for me, and not really a good weird.
D.grey man – I’m currently reading the manga
I’ve also watched FMA brotherhood
Samurai chameleon sounds awesome I will definitely watch it.

minhquan0 said:
Most of non-slice-of-life animes have bad excution and storytelling. I've watched some animes that considered as top-tier like Code Geass, Madoka, AoT, TTGL, SAO, OP but they can't compared to HxH.

HxH will always be underrated, because you need to be mature enough and watch it many times to fully understand the show.

already watched all of the above, and I completely agree with you, after I watched HxH for the second time it only made me want to watch it again, I also felt like I appreciate and understand the story much better, the characters are really amazing.


Yes Jojo gets like way better , Jojo being stupid has relevance to the plot . Also never take jojo seriously it's just an over the top fighting show , it's first 9 episodes range from good to mediocre. I am saying this because I thought of dropping it at episode 5 due to wrong to going through the show in a very wrong mentality and the quality of the first episodes aren't as good or in other words they didn't age well.
Modified by Akabawi, Apr 9, 2015 7:50 AM
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
 
Apr 9, 2015 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 238
strangebrew said:
Wow guys, thanks for all the recommendations!
Gintama is one of my all time favorite, I absolutely love this show.
I watched 3 episodes of Jojo and didn’t really like the animation style and Jojo himself appears to be really stupid. Does it get better?
Soul eater – pretty much the same as Jojo, didn’t like the animation style and it was really weird for me, and not really a good weird.
D.grey man – I’m currently reading the manga
I’ve also watched FMA brotherhood
Samurai chameleon sounds awesome I will definitely watch it.

minhquan0 said:
Most of non-slice-of-life animes have bad excution and storytelling. I've watched some animes that considered as top-tier like Code Geass, Madoka, AoT, TTGL, SAO, OP but they can't compared to HxH.

HxH will always be underrated, because you need to be mature enough and watch it many times to fully understand the show.

already watched all of the above, and I completely agree with you, after I watched HxH for the second time it only made me want to watch it again, I also felt like I appreciate and understand the story much better, the characters are really amazing.



Second JoJo is more interesting (and has Gintoki's VA).

Also try

Fate/Zero: Onegai! Einzbern Soudanshitsu
Fate/Stay Night UBW 2014
 
Top