Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mar 30, 2015 4:50 PM

This is to all VN fans who feel threatened with something new, something foreign, and feel betrayed or cynical about this adaptation.

Remember the good
Wipe the salty tears away
Renew your ideals

Now, go and enjoy this series to the fullest. =)
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season

Mar 30, 2015 5:31 PM

I think the second season will be highly enjoyable however it goes anyway.

If they adapt it correctly, then yay, its a great show.

If not, then I get to witness the glorious trainwreck the sub-forums will turn into.

Its a win-win situation.

Mar 30, 2015 5:39 PM

Williwod said:

If not, then I get to witness the glorious trainwreck the sub-forums will turn into.

Its a win-win situation.

This mongrel understands the ways of Yuetsu. Well done. However, you're implying that we are not already witnessing a glorious rampage of immense saltiness.

On a serious note though, while I can sympathize with the outrage very much, it's becoming rather ridiculous...

Mar 30, 2015 5:48 PM

ZeroDragon said:
it's becoming rather ridiculous...

tell me about it

it's not even funny anymore,just sad

Mar 30, 2015 5:49 PM

ZeroDragon said:
Williwod said:

Its a win-win situation.

This mongrel understands the ways of Yuetsu. Well done. However, you're implying that we are not already witnessing a glorious rampage of immense saltiness.

On a serious note though, while I can sympathize with the outrage very much, it's becoming rather ridiculous...

I could sympathise a bit more with it if it had actually happened yet.

Even so as full-retard as the second cour could get as far as adaptations go, there's absolutely nothing to be gained from boycotting it and just plain ruining everyone else's day. Also those avatars look terribly retarded, makes me embarrassed just to be here.

Mar 30, 2015 5:51 PM

It's seriously a bummer so many people are down. I want people to recall how good it felt in the first season when everyone was giddy at reliving the VN through the anime. I went through the BL UBW post from the start, going through the days when they were first watching it. Sure, there were differences and nitpicks but everyone was so happy and excited just seeing these people enjoy themselves and wanting more. It was beautiful. Funny, that.
first season
second season

Mar 30, 2015 5:58 PM

ZeroDragon said:
Williwod said:

Its a win-win situation.

True, but from what I saw of the episode discussions for the first cour the adaption hate seemed to mostly be relegated to that fai fellow. After recent events however it seems every fate fan on this sub is eager to tear this adaption a new one.

It truly has the potential to surpass anything we've seen before on mal.

Mar 30, 2015 6:02 PM

it seems every fate fan on this sub is eager to tear this adaption a new one.

that's overdramatizing it

except for like 2-3 blokes,there isn't really anyone out for blood or anything

most will still watch and enjoy it for what it is

Mar 30, 2015 6:12 PM

DamnThatsTheSpot said:
it seems every fate fan on this sub is eager to tear this adaption a new one.

Pretty much. "Seems" is the misleading part.

Inb4 you end up with comments like
"Fate fanbase is the worst, so ungrateful"

It's understandable when you enter a thread that consists of 90% salt, but you've got to see a user pattern sooner or later.

Mar 30, 2015 6:42 PM

WrongPriest said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Pretty much. "Seems" is the misleading part.

Inb4 you end up with comments like
"Fate fanbase is the worst, so ungrateful"

It's understandable when you enter a thread that consists of 90% salt, but you've got to see a user pattern sooner or later.

While that was a bit of hyperbole on my part, the sad truth is that every fanbase is judged by the loudest and most obnoxious part of it. As Meido-kun attested, its still smooth sailing over at beasts lair and the fate reddit page; its pretty much only mal that has fallen to the depths of salt. Every fanbase will be judged on the 10% that is the most vocal, and in comparison to other fanbases, yes, that 10% of the fate fanbase is atrociously bad.

It's a shame, as I still believe this is a good adaption. Well, whatever. Im still hyped for Saturday.

Mar 30, 2015 6:48 PM

Williwod said:

As Meido-kun attested, its still smooth sailing over at beasts lair and the fate reddit page; its pretty much only mal that has fallen to the depths of salt.

I was more referring to BL as an example of nostalgia in the last 6 months. Reading through episode discussions here will also bring up the good memories as well.

It's a shame, as I still believe this is a good adaption. Well, whatever. Im still hyped for Saturday.

As am I. Can't believe it's almost April.
first season
second season

Mar 30, 2015 7:02 PM

I think a great deal of what's going on at the moment is a knee-jerk reaction to the recent 2nd cour leaks which, horrible as they were, aren't enough to get everyone to view it as a train wreck. So far anyway.

I'd say with confidence that the majority of fans here are still excited for it. Myself included.

Mar 30, 2015 8:04 PM

i told you all this shit is just like Notes. just an average day priests and fanboys battling each other over nonsense then Type-Jupiter touched ground in the form of the BD's and the toxicity spread rapidly. then Type-Saturn in the form of the moderators passed on through raining down judgement and destroying all the genral threads. then Type-Pluto in the form of the new JP ep prescreening blogs burst in the atmosphere flooding the air with grain...of salt. and now the fans take refuge in the club section of "fate/steve night" aka "heaven's corpse". now we await the second cour..the coming of the remaining Aristotles.

Mar 30, 2015 8:57 PM

Now we just need venus to stop Fai from spontaneously combusting at the lack of Shirou characterization and excessive fanservice.

Ehem. ONORE ONORE ONORE ONORE ONORE ONORE ONORE ONORE ONORE ONORE

Mar 30, 2015 9:15 PM

OutsideDecorator said:
Now we just need venus to stop Fai from spontaneously combusting at the lack of Shirou characterization and excessive fanservice.

You mean

MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL

Mar 30, 2015 9:27 PM

Based German dubbing

Mar 30, 2015 9:36 PM

ZeroDragon said:
OutsideDecorator said:

You mean

MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL

OutsideDecorator said:
Based German dubbing

Meh actually that's still quite low level. If you knew what they did in the German Naruto dub.......

Mar 30, 2015 10:52 PM

MagicalMeido said:
It's seriously a bummer so many people are down. I want people to recall how good it felt in the first season when everyone was giddy at reliving the VN through the anime. I went through the BL UBW post from the start, going through the days when they were first watching it. Sure, there were differences and nitpicks but everyone was so happy and excited just seeing these people enjoy themselves and wanting more. It was beautiful. Funny, that.

[reminiscing intensifies]

Mar 31, 2015 12:27 AM

The apparition of these salty fans in the crowd
Secondaries hyped for Fate/Stay SAO
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

Mar 31, 2015 1:00 AM

Forgetfulness said:
WrongPriest said:

[reminiscing intensifies]

Am I not good enough to be in the pic? :(

Ofcourse you are!

But your're gonna have to take that one up with Insert XD

Mar 31, 2015 5:07 AM
something here

Rofl this thread
WrongPriest said:

Ofcourse you are!

Hey, I didn't make it.

Mar 31, 2015 5:11 AM

Insertanamehere said:
Rofl this thread
WrongPriest said:

Ofcourse you are!

Hey, I didn't make it.

I was worried about that, was it Spacehamster then?

Mar 31, 2015 5:22 AM
something here

WrongPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:
Rofl this thread

Hey, I didn't make it.

I was worried about that, was it Spacehamster then?

Yeah, I think so.

Mar 31, 2015 5:37 AM

Come back SpaceHamster! I miss you ;_;

Mar 31, 2015 9:03 AM

WrongPriest said:
Come back SpaceHamster! I miss you ;_;
He's busy.

Mar 31, 2015 12:17 PM

Williwod said:

I'm still not sure what the biggest trainwreck will be... FSN VN fandom watching UBW or Song of Ice and Fire fandom watching Game of Thrones s. 5.

Both of them are pretty damn entertaining, though. I get to enjoy the show(s) and then go on the internet and enjoying the whiny nitpicking. Win-win!

Mar 31, 2015 12:41 PM

WrongPriest said:
Forgetfulness said:
Am I not good enough to be in the pic? :(

Ofcourse you are!

Oi oi, what about me~? ._.

MagicalMeido said:

I know exactly what you mean.

I wish the subforum could return to what it used to be, but alas, the hype is no longer as strong anymore~

Mar 31, 2015 3:12 PM

slkrr said:
Williwod said:

I'm still not sure what the biggest trainwreck will be... FSN VN fandom watching UBW or Song of Ice and Fire fandom watching Game of Thrones s. 5.

Both of them are pretty damn entertaining, though. I get to enjoy the show(s) and then go on the internet and enjoying the whiny nitpicking. Win-win!

In fact. If I were too rigid with adaptations of things that I like, I wouldn't see the Batman The Dark Knight, or X-men, or Thor, or Iron man or I'd hate any moments that Hawkeye and black widow is in Marvel movies.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.