Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 31, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2011
Yuri Kuma Arashi entertained me every week this past winter anime season and the ending was very satisfying. It was a nice touch to see Kureha becoming a bear instead and finding out that Sumika was basically Kumaria-sama wow. xD Seeing Lulu and her younger brother again was really cute. :D Although I do wonder who was that girl at the end with the black hair and green eyes saying 'I found you.' to that 'gesu' bear. That's the only thing that's bugging me. xD Overall, really enjoyed Yuri Kuma Arashi; great symbolism and meaning behind the series.
8/10
Mar 31, 2015 4:00 AM
Oct 2013
I understood Mawaru Penguindrum but not this.
Mar 31, 2015 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
Honestly, I'm not too big of a gay rights activist. Don't get me wrong because I'm more than accepting of the homosexual community and their lifestyle and I also think it's pretty fucked up that even in the year 2015 gay couples still can't legally marry here in Australia. But at the same time I'm not the type to go out to gay rights protests and call out people for making gay slurs on the Internet.

One of my other fears going into the show was 'Can Ikuhara capture lightning in a bottle yet again?'. I mean if he just did Sailor Moon, Utena and Penguindrum and retired afterwards that's already a fantastic resume as is. So what more can he do?. Instead of moving on to focus on other themes like he did with Penguindrum, he also decided it was worth revisiting the topic of homosexuality. Considering the heavy focus on homosexuality in his previous works it begs the question 'Is there anything more for him to say?'

But Ikuhara found a way. Oh boy did he find a way.

Yuri Kuma Arashi is a triumph in every sense of the word and the ending was the most perfect way to cap it all off. The series is very respectful towards homosexuals but at the same time it acknowledges the darker side of the community. And much like real life, the cycle of hatred will still keep going even if it doesn't make logical sense. Homophobia is not just going to magically disappear one day in a puff of smoke because there are certain people who will still cling to their ideals no matter what and will never listen to reason. But try as they may society cannot stop two people from loving each other. And ultimately, that's all that matters.

10 OUT OF 10

BRAVO IKUHARA!
Mar 31, 2015 4:40 AM

Aug 2011
I'm really glad to see Lulu at the end :(
Mar 31, 2015 4:43 AM

Apr 2014
Straightforward summary of what I feel:
>The plot has very high potential of expanding.
>Narrative is barely acceptable. For me, the narrative downgrades the enjoyment value.
>Most symbols are good and are deep in their meaning, but some don't work well.
>I don't know why some people find this a surprise ending. I actually expected that this could probably happen. It's a nice ending though.

Overall: Objective rating = 7.5 for 'great'; Subjective rating = 6.5

People see good symbols, and call them ingenious. Then symbols which don't work well appear, and people look for excuses e.g. the show defies logic so it's natural.
Not.
All hail Great Firewall of China.
Mar 31, 2015 5:07 AM

May 2013
That was good. I didn't expect that Kureha would be a bear. 7/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 31, 2015 5:08 AM
Nov 2013
Hm great, positively surprised.
Mar 31, 2015 5:12 AM

Dec 2014
I didn't expect Kureha to wish to be a bear, didn't expect Sumika to be Kumaria either (maybe I just don't see these things). I'd say the ending was satisfying, although I'm sad Lulu died (she in, in my point of view, still dead). Well, at least she's together with Mirun now..
Mar 31, 2015 5:14 AM
Nov 2013
I was just expecting the ending song, my favourite song of this season, it would be nice, ah but this conclusion was great for the show, I wouldn't change anything, lol I'm contradicting myself.

but this sure is nice
Mar 31, 2015 6:16 AM

Feb 2013
Loved the ending, it was beautiful and yet sad, but DAT KISS, it was worth the wait :) 8/10

Mar 31, 2015 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
loved the end. now i dont ever have to watch a second of this ever again.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Mar 31, 2015 7:52 AM

Oct 2012
Oh my god, that was so fucking beautiful and perfect. I... I can't
Mar 31, 2015 7:57 AM

Jul 2014
Great series! Ikuhara is a great director.

Takuan_Soho said:
Best part for me was the ending. The haters continue to hate finding new reasons, and the one girl just quietly stands up and leaves them, going to find the left over and discarded bear. Wonderful scene there.

Change will not come in mass, it is about converting people one by one, a spark that becomes a flame and later a inferno. The change has started.

I loved the ending part with the girl and Konomi as well. It was really emotional.
Nice way you put it. :)

Also, I liked how Kureha became a bear/human-bear herself at the end. She isn't limited by labels anymore, she is who she is and was able to find her true love.

I think this episode showed the construction site background much more than earlier episodes. But what does it mean? Does it show that the world/humanity is changing/evolving non-stop? Or does it show an industrialized world where only the healthier, stronger, faster people will "survive"? And in contrast to that, there are people like Kureha who fight for the "weaker"/less accepted people of society. Or maybe it shows the plain-colored construction plan and rules of society where right in the middle of it lives a colorfully mixed humanity? What do you people think?^^
PabilsagMar 31, 2015 8:01 AM
Mar 31, 2015 8:22 AM
Mar 2015
Pabilsag said:
I think this episode showed the construction site background much more than earlier episodes. But what does it mean? Does it show that the world/humanity is changing/evolving non-stop? Or does it show an industrialized world where only the healthier, stronger, faster people will "survive"? And in contrast to that, there are people like Kureha who fight for the "weaker"/less accepted people of society. Or maybe it shows the plain-colored construction plan and rules of society where right in the middle of it lives a colorfully mixed humanity? What do you people think?^^

I had thought that the construction was going to have a bigger part on the series, particularly with the Sankebetsu Incident imagery (which was chalked up to humans expanding into the bears territory and industrialization cutting off its food sources.) It definitely needs further examination, but I will say this much:

The wall was shown in pink/red at the start of the series, but from the point of view of the characters it is always a cold blue compared to the pinks, reds, yellows, and greens of the rest of the world. The wall is constantly expanding as the series goes on, because the pressure to conform and maintain severance between yuri and kuma keeps rising. However, when it comes to a climax they can finally see it for what it really is: not just a wall for keeping the two separate, but a door through which they can travel to a place beyond fear of exclusion.
Mar 31, 2015 8:43 AM

Feb 2014
YURI APPROVED. I am so beyond happy with this anime * u *

9/10

Loses a point for the way they append their sentences, because that just pisses me off so much.
LemonMar 31, 2015 8:49 AM
Mar 31, 2015 8:51 AM

Sep 2009
I like the idea of the series and it was artsy as always from Ikuhara. Hope to see more anime from him in the future although it won't be commercial success
Mar 31, 2015 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
badwolf45f said:
Loved the ending

gizter13 said:
loved the end.

I didn't really love it. That part with the twin-tailed girl and the technobear was quite touching, but the whole Kureha-Ginko stuff was (somewhat) the carbon-copy of Utena's ending.

I shall use spoiler tag here.

In YKA we got (almost) the same: after the promised kiss, the invisible storm and whatever, both of them disappear, leaving that small-minded world (= school) behind, where the nonames continue their lives, and not accepting those who are different (bear/lesbo). Sounds good in paper, but the "I've seen this before" feeling was quite strong here, so as the full idealized "love solves everything" part which made the climax even more forced.
JunchiMar 31, 2015 9:20 AM
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 31, 2015 9:20 AM
Mar 2015
Junchi said:
badwolf45f said:
Loved the ending

gizter13 said:
loved the end.

I didn't really love it. That part with the twin-tailed girl and the technobear was quite touching, but the whole Kureha-Ginko stuff was (somewhat) the carbon-copy of Utena's ending.

I definitely share the criticism that Ikuhara retreaded a lot of ground I felt was already well covered in Utena (and to a lesser extent Penguindrum) because he's basically got one overarching message: that pain and suffering and cruelty cannot be eliminated, but through mutual acceptance AKA love AKA self-sacrifice on behalf of another you can mitigate the pain and move past it. In Utena it was toxic interpersonal relationships. In Penguindrum it was the uncaring nature of society at large which grinds down individuality. In YKA it is the harassment and alienation of your peers, due to either cliquishness or fear of the deviant.

I could see giving the Utena movie a 3/10 because it fails to really develop its own voice and message to any degree because it has too much plot to blast through and just assumes you'll get it and enjoy the visuals. But this was very well executed, just didn't seem to be pushing the envelop as much as his other two shows did.
Mar 31, 2015 9:43 AM

Jul 2007
Grungehamster said:
Junchi said:

I definitely share the criticism that Ikuhara retreaded a lot of ground I felt was already well covered in Utena (and to a lesser extent Penguindrum) because he's basically got one overarching message: that pain and suffering and cruelty cannot be eliminated, but through mutual acceptance AKA love AKA self-sacrifice on behalf of another you can mitigate the pain and move past it. In Utena it was toxic interpersonal relationships. In Penguindrum it was the uncaring nature of society at large which grinds down individuality. In YKA it is the harassment and alienation of your peers, due to either cliquishness or fear of the deviant.

I could see giving the Utena movie a 3/10 because it fails to really develop its own voice and message to any degree because it has too much plot to blast through and just assumes you'll get it and enjoy the visuals. But this was very well executed, just didn't seem to be pushing the envelop as much as his other two shows did.

it is not retreading the ground.

It is exploring similar temes.

A lot of Utena dealt with misogyny and sexism.
A lot of YKA deals with homophobia
Both have common spots - society.

And all Ikuhara works focus on perception of reality.
Mar 31, 2015 9:48 AM

Mar 2014
Junchi said:
badwolf45f said:
Loved the ending

gizter13 said:
loved the end.

I shall use spoiler tag here.

In YKA we got (almost) the same: after the promised kiss, the invisible storm and whatever, both of them disappear, leaving that small-minded world (= school) behind, where the nonames continue their lives, and not accepting those who are different (bear/lesbo). Sounds good in paper, but the "I've seen this before" feeling was quite strong here, so as the full idealized "love solves everything" part which made the climax even more forced.

i think you missed my joke. ;)
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Mar 31, 2015 10:17 AM
Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
it is not retreading the ground.

It is exploring similar temes.

A lot of Utena dealt with misogyny and sexism.
A lot of YKA deals with homophobia
Both have common spots - society.

And all Ikuhara works focus on perception of reality.

True they explore similar themes, but there is a consistent metanarrative about the power of love flowing through all three but exploring different aspects of that. The works supplement each other rather than compete, but because Utena had three cours it actually touched on the issues that YKA dealt with, they just weren't the primary focus. Hell, Nanami's Egg was an episode that had tons to do with social exclusion and the fear of it, with a little bit of that homophobia thrown in courtesy of Touga (which never fails to make me laugh because, well, it's coming from Touga.)

This show has a strong message to be sure, but it doesn't break new ground for Ikuhara really. Then again, is that a requirement of a piece of art to make it good/enjoyable?
Mar 31, 2015 11:01 AM

Sep 2009
I must say that this was my favourite anime of the season. This was my first Ikuhara show and it impressed me. An all-around well-made anime. The ideas it presented and the way it presented them entertained me every week.

7.8/10
Kikoman589Jul 15, 2015 4:55 PM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Mar 31, 2015 12:01 PM

Jun 2011
mwsmws22 said:
The Court of Severance is just our mind’s inner debate over right and wrong.

Good point!

mwsmws22 said:
I love that Kureha wishes to become a bear. She realized that the only way to receive a promise kiss, was for herself to change, not forcing it upon Ginko.

Hadn't Ginko embraced the same wish though? And, as we were shown, basically bear and human societies are both pretty terrible, so I don't really get how becoming a bear is more wise and less selfish. They - Kureha and Ginko - both desired to "crash themselves" and yet somehow it's Ginko who is a "winner".

Well, to be entirely blunt, I haven't felt much Deep Love between those two. Kureha has our good old amnesia and Ginko is basically a killer (if we assume that Sumika was a human girl and not Kumaria-sama). "Ah, we hang out when we were 5 and our mom forced her weird shipping fantasy on us two, so LET'S DESTINY, that must be TRUE LOVE!!!". Psh, give me a break. The only one who knew of love there was Lulu, but of course she doesn't deserve to be loved back romantically.

I do understand that the point of the show was to deliver its strong symbols rather than to create a logical and believable picture though. Kureha and Ginko are walking symbols of the titular Lily and Bear. But I wish the characters were a bit more alive, and the chemistry easier to sense.

Btw, what interests me most - the majority of metaphors were very easy to figure out, but what did Prince Milne mean by saying that instead of asking Lulu for a kiss he could just kiss her himself? To kiss means to share love, but wasn't it what he'd been trying to do all along while returning the honey pot?
StarryKiteMar 31, 2015 12:06 PM
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Mar 31, 2015 12:07 PM

Aug 2010
Ended pretty much how people predicted it, but at least most of the questions were answered especially Kumalia's identity. And they could conveniently shelf the whole issue of Ginka being an accomplice to Sumika's murder, but hey, she wasn't (oh God I actually forgot the main character's name...) the TRUE love of the protagonist so who cares? At least it's over.

While it's definitely applaudable when a show has a message and social commentary, it should not forget that the narrative must hold up to a degree as well. Yuri Kuma is the perfect example of how much entertainment value is lost when the characters and the plot are used as a means to an end and not developed enough. I honestly couldn't care about any of the girls, maybe with the exception of Lulu who at least had some funny and nice moments, hell I can't even recall the main girl's name. And I hope I never have to hear her VA again, what a lifeless performance. There was a terrible over-reliance on dramatic clichés which served no purpose apart from creating artificial tension to keep up the interest the other parts of the show failed to do. 3/10, the ED song was pretty nice.
Mar 31, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
So Ginko & Kureha get killed and everyone lives happily ever after in the afterlife..

The series as a whole is pretty entertaining. But I found the chemistry between the leading ladies too forced though. Kureha x Sumika pairing seems most natural and real to me.
Mar 31, 2015 1:07 PM

Sep 2013
I love happy endings :)

9/10 for the yuri love :)
Mar 31, 2015 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
StarryKite said:

mwsmws22 said:
I love that Kureha wishes to become a bear. She realized that the only way to receive a promise kiss, was for herself to change, not forcing it upon Ginko.

Hadn't Ginko embraced the same wish though? And, as we were shown, basically bear and human societies are both pretty terrible, so I don't really get how becoming a bear is more wise and less selfish. They - Kureha and Ginko - both desired to "crash themselves" and yet somehow it's Ginko who is a "winner".

The difference with Ginko is that she wished for herself to change, Kureha didn't. Instead Kureha wished for Ginko to change and let human society's hatred of bears come before her love. Ginko's wish was selfless and unhindered by any social boundaries.
Mar 31, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2012
Nice Ending The Promises Kiss

Mar 31, 2015 7:15 PM
Aug 2007
this show confused me right up until the end but it was alright. what i'd like to see is some sp episodes of ginko, lulu, and kureha but more SOL like how they are in the end cards to every episode. things that could have happened between the time they lived with kureha and all the other events.
Mar 31, 2015 7:33 PM

Nov 2012
PetitFours said:
I understood Mawaru Penguindrum but not this.
If you are talking about the finale, then you should watch Utena, they have essentially the exact same ending.
Mar 31, 2015 8:51 PM

Jun 2013
I was very worried at the beginning that a lot of things still wouldn't make sense at the end, but everything's been neatly resolved. The ending was fantastic and had some great things to say, which aren't limited to issues surrounding female homosexuality and societal views. Instead of trying to change the one you love, change for the one you love. Dare to break your self image. Accept yourself. If even only one person is inspired to break away from the norm, then there is hope for greater change. (That's what I got from it, anyway).

I need to watch Ikuhara's other shows now. But jeez, now I'm tired from all the symbolism and metaphors. The anime I usually watch doesn't make my brain work this hard, haha.
Apr 1, 2015 1:31 AM

Nov 2011
Disliked both Utena and Penguindrum but i thoroughly enjoyed this, i might give Penguindrum a rewatch just for the heck of it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 1, 2015 2:41 AM

Aug 2011
Loved the ending. Loved this anime. I've said before that Kureha was my least favorite character... I take it back. I love her a lot and I'm sad it was at the finale that I realized it.

I'm definitely going to make some time for a thorough marathon just to catch things I know I missed. I'm also hoping it gets some sort of BD/DVD release.

Great season. Good job, Ikuhara!

9/10

Apr 1, 2015 4:59 AM
Oct 2007
It was a decent ending to a meh series. 6/10 and I am being generous
Apr 1, 2015 5:59 AM
Mar 2015
Trippwire01 said:
I need to watch Ikuhara's other shows now. But jeez, now I'm tired from all the symbolism and metaphors. The anime I usually watch doesn't make my brain work this hard, haha.

The Student Council Arc (Utena episodes 1-12) is really pretty light on symbolism if you just want to give it a taste. The student council's repeated intro line is pretty much standard "villain waxes poetic" fare for anime (though it does have symbolic meaning, both in the greater message of the show and the influence of modern gnosticism on the story), and the biggest thing as far as symbolism is interpreting what each person is actually fighting for and why the duels end the way they do relative to their motivations.

Episode 13 is the first recap episode (and 2 out of the 3 recaps have plot vital info, so don't skip) that pretty firmly lays out the "hey, each of these duels was over a certain particular ideal" and identifies them, but it's also where we officially go off the rails because we start getting more questions than answers. Proceed with caution.

Oh, and if you find yourself questioning the importance of the stopwatch, this is Ikuhara's explanation:

"It has a very deep significance. His stopwatch contains the key to open all the mysteries of the world. And Mickey is the only one who knows that. So I don't know what it is either."

In other words: don't worry about it.
Apr 1, 2015 7:01 AM

Feb 2014
reeeb said:
Well, it started great, but I think the anime lost itself in the middle episodes. I found it a bit forced sometimes, maybe trying to be a "new Penguindrum". But the final episodes closed it well.
The first 3 episodes are certainly a lot more abstract and fast paced than the rest. They probably felt that they were "overdoing it", or just did that in order to impress the viewers (I think the first court session caught everyone by surprise once we saw what came after YURI APPROVED). Fact is, from episode 4 and on we see more acessible material and the death of the somewhat subtle images we treat as "symbolism" material. Its indeed a decline but it doesn't compromise the substantial material.
Apr 1, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
A strong ending to a strong show.

Actually, I didn't watch Utena or Penguindrum and without the episode reviews at ANN, and also a bit the episode discussion threads here, the symbolism would have been going way over my head. But I'm glad I had that guidance so I could enjoy the show this much.
Apr 1, 2015 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
The final, unlike the rest of the story, is somewhat difficult to interpret, but not quite cryptic in its meaning.
Narrative that reveals the secrets of the past, but I think a longer series would be the best choice, but still maintaining the quality always high as seen in this TV series.
Drawings and animations really beautiful to see, soundtrack that looks good even her. Overall my rating is 8/10!

Takuan_Soho said:
Best part for me was the ending. The haters continue to hate finding new reasons, and the one girl just quietly stands up and leaves them, going to find the left over and discarded bear. Wonderful scene there.

Change will not come in mass, it is about converting people one by one, a spark that becomes a flame and later a inferno. The change has started.

Nice that Lulu got her love back as well. Nice happy ending.

This.
Apr 1, 2015 8:50 AM

Sep 2010
This is just FABULOUS.... Yuri Approved Ending.... Dat Kiss....

Finale - 5+/5
Series - 8/10
Apr 1, 2015 8:53 AM
Mar 2015
surfboard_ said:
reeeb said:
Well, it started great, but I think the anime lost itself in the middle episodes. I found it a bit forced sometimes, maybe trying to be a "new Penguindrum". But the final episodes closed it well.
The first 3 episodes are certainly a lot more abstract and fast paced than the rest. They probably felt that they were "overdoing it", or just did that in order to impress the viewers (I think the first court session caught everyone by surprise once we saw what came after YURI APPROVED). Fact is, from episode 4 and on we see more acessible material and the death of the somewhat subtle images we treat as "symbolism" material. Its indeed a decline but it doesn't compromise the substantial material.

Honestly, I've been keeping up with the dub* so I've recently rewatched the first three episodes again in both languages and they really don't hold up as well as I expected they would my first time through (when I assumed that we would get more insight to the events once later revelations happened). Yes they are intense, but the motivations of the bears doesn't explain their aggression towards Kureha in the beginning which is there solely to mislead you about what their dynamic is. The transformation scenes never were given any sort of explanation. The best I can come up with is she's falling down the stairs because the Judgemens are using their powers to protect her from bears who did not go to court to get Yuri approval for their kills and a side effect is a sexy dream while there magic is working, and we were just seeing Lulu and Ginko's motion for noms on the Invisible Storm interspliced; it's really weak, but better than nothing. It isn't satisfying when you recognize these "symbolic" events have no payoff in the narrative.

I find the slow episodes like 4 and 8 to be among the best; Ikuhara shows always seem most compelling to me when they are character studies (I think the Black Rose Arc is the most interesting thing Ikuhara has ever done), and I think I would enjoy this more on a rewatch if we had gotten less misdirection about what Ginko and Lulu's motivations are and what they are doing relative to Kureha. They could have used that time to develop one or two of the Invisible Storm girls. Kaoru gets all of one line of character development (that her harassment is primarily driven by insecurity she will be the next target if she isn't the leader of the Invisible Storm) five seconds before she gets eaten. Exploring different reasons people join into herd mentalities could add another layer of depth.

*Which has only gotten better over time; I genuinely think Tipton gives a more passionate performance as Kureha than Yamane, Caitlin Glass was never going to exceed Aoi Yuki's performance as Mitsuko but she definitely approaches it in the rooftop scene in episode 3, and the adaptive script makes some really good choices in my opinion to make it convincing with only a couple lines delivered or phrased poorly. Still not feeling the voices chosen for the bears though; they are giving good performances, but just rubs me the wrong way
GrungehamsterApr 1, 2015 9:03 AM
Apr 1, 2015 5:34 PM

Dec 2009
well this is the first show in a long time (or ever) to mess with my head and make me go "wtf is even going on?"

so they both die and live on in kumaria's heavenly whateverplace as yuri approved. they didn't back down on their love to the end.

ofc the whole show is a big fat metaphor, so you could say they only died in the eyes of society if you count the guns as finger points of exclusion.

those excluders, especially the leader, shoulda died tho. i wanted them to die. agreeing with yuri or not, even if it's just excluding, it's still twisted and deranged to witch hunt for them. though then again, another one woulda just popped up after doing the same thing :<

shabadadu.
GenesisAriaApr 1, 2015 5:38 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 1, 2015 7:48 PM
Aug 2013
Asagami said:
jimjameswhatever said:
The two MCs "died" in the same way that Utena "died." They moved on from the restraints of social norms.

Actually I find the ending is very Utena-esque but with a happier -and some way with a less ambiguous- tone. I like it, but it is not so powerful like the endings of Utena and Penguindrum, where I found me crying and feel me weird about the fates of the characters. Here... not, only Lulu caught my attention since the first episodes :(

Good series, anyway. But I actively recommend watch the previous work of Ikuhara to see his better stories.

I agree with this. The ending was VERY similar to the ending of Utena, but not nearly as powerful or subtle. The show in general just wasn't subtle or elegant especially at the end, when the characters are just sort of raptured up to heaven.

The show has some interesting stuff, and I'm always glad to see Ikuhara make more anime, but compared to Penguindrum or Utena I thought it was rather over the top and at several points a bit of a train wreck.
millguyApr 1, 2015 7:58 PM
Apr 1, 2015 9:55 PM
Mar 2015
I get not being a fan of the character design (Morishima definitely is a love or hate artist) but are you seriously going to complain about the animation being off on a smile while praising Utena? I love Utena, definitely beats both Ikuhara's other shows as far as the story goes, but it's PLAUGED with animation errors (see: half the shots of Touga). It's not Musashi Gundog bad, but calling Utena visually stunning is... it has moments of brilliance for sure, but it doesn't have the tools or budget of modern shows and it is obvious just by watching most episodes.
Apr 1, 2015 10:45 PM

Oct 2013
final verdict from me is 8/10 :3 that kiss scene got me so fangirly >.<

The show is definitely a masterpiece, the symbolism is really interesting as well.
Though shows with alot of those symbolism arent really my type to focus on.

This one is still great because it has that kuma shock and OP which smells like yuri everywhere xD
Apr 1, 2015 10:49 PM

Oct 2013
Hito420 said:
one thins i wont say annoyed me by found myself talking to my monitor doing was

in this kind of weird and fantasy yuri show that is not set on a normal world, u have to get your logic out of the way.
Apr 2, 2015 1:15 AM

Feb 2012
mm Kureha is actually hot as a semi-bear. I don't do very good with a lot of symbolism, but it was entertaining most of the time.. 7/10
Now I want a show about lesbian seagulls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2015 2:03 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Beautiful ending to a fantastic series!! 10/10
Apr 2, 2015 10:18 AM

Mar 2014
What a sweet ending, just thinking about it gives me happy feelings inside.