Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2015 8:45 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Mmm
I don't particularly have much to say about the final chapter.
Maasa looked incredible and she was super cute with Inoue. I'm glad Ruki & Sacchi ended up sorting things through and being together in the long run given all the things they went through. I have a feeling that Asuna & Fueko might end up together again in the future. All that's left is to hope Remi gets bored of all the flirting with others and finds happiness herself.

Bless you, Shuninta. Not Takemiya Jin level, but still up there.
8/10 for this one.
Apr 3, 2015 9:02 AM
May 2013
Well.... I wasn't sure if was completed....??? as I read 13.5 from MangaHere.....

If yes... well kinda like the ending though =) and agree with you Sarroush!
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 6, 2015 11:22 AM
Mar 2008
Meh, I have mixed feelings here.
Sacchan is such a badly written character. What's so special about her that makes Ruki go after her? The author failed to show that. She treats Ruki like shit, she cheats on her and in the end she doesn't even apologize. Ruki on the other side confessed, worked her ass off for her, and suffered. What the fuck.
I liked Fue and Asuna though, they have good chemistry. I'm sure they'll eventually get back together.
Maasa and Meru... I thought they were there just as comic relief.
Remi is a bitch.
May 13, 2015 12:08 AM

Feb 2014
What I had said in 'chapter 13' topic:

"UHAhuaHUaHUaHUhuahua
Laughing to keep from crying

WTF DID I JUST READ?!

WTF IS THIS?
SERIOUSLY, THIS IS A MESS! FROM LONG TIME AGO (PREVIOUS CHAPTERS), I WAS THINKING HOW A MESS THIS IS!

THEY WEREN'T DATING?! REGARDLESS THAT, RUKI CONFESSED HER FEELINGS TO SACHI! SACHI WAS WELL KNOWN ABOUT RUKI'S FEELINGS!
AFTER ALL, SACHI LOVES RUKI?! JUST HOW SHE BEHAVED, HAVING SEX ALL THE TIME WITH REMIA KNOWING RUKI'S FEELINGS, SHE LOVES RUKI?! GO TO *** SHE LOVES.

AND IN THIS CHAPTER, RUKI EVEN ENDED UP ACCEPTING EVERYTHING, OMG! THIS IS EVEN EXISTS?! IF YES, IT'S A DISEASE!
I WAS EXPECTING A "GO TO HELL SACHI", BUT NO! I GOT EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

DAMN... HOW A PERSON, FROM BOTH SIDES, CAN BE SO LOW?!
REALLY, I WANT MY LOST TIME READING THIS AND MY CALM TEMPER BACK.

I HOPE THAT THE AUTHOR STOP MESSING AROUND AND GIVES AT LEAST A LITTLE OF PRIDE TO THIS SERIES IN THE LAST CHAPTER! PLEASE!
IF HE WANT TO END UP DESTROYING EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SERIES, HE'LL PUT SACHI AND RUKI TOGETHER. IF HE KNOWS A MINIMUM OF HUMAN'S FEELINGS, AND WANTS TO GIVE THIS SERIES AT LEAST A MINIMUN OF PRIDE, HE'LL HAVE RUKI TO BREAK UP WITH SACHI."

- If chapter 13.5 is the chapter 14 (last chapter), and it really looks so, then I got my answer.
Anyway, this is the last chapter? Really?! Horrible last chapter in practically all aspects.

PS.: Just WTF is this character FUEKO? A doll? A It's the worthless character I've ever seen in my anime and manga's life. Besides, when we talk about love, healthy people have their feelings (love) linked with their body (high sex desire by the one you love), it's completely NORMAL! Abnormal is just how FUEKO wanted: no sex at all. She just does not wanted sex with the person she loved(?), which is Asuna, she does not wanted was nothing! Anyway, if Fueko has some serious disease, can be understandable, but I think it's not the case here, It's: "Just WTF is this character FUEKO? A doll? It's the worthless character I've ever seen" -> Sorry, Fueko, but that is it, it's the "reality" here, it's your reality as a character.
Asuna made the right choice breaking up with Fueko even loving her. How can a person live and express her love to a person that want nothing with nothing? Asuna would suffer to much with it (feelings and body are connected), living all the time beside the one she loves but can not doind nothing, can not touching the one she loves, there are always time that just simple touchs, for healthy and normal people is not enough, this is, once again, normal. Rather than suffer forever, trying to somehow forget the one you love can be the best option. Oh, she even tried talking with Fueko in this last chapter, but did you see how Fueko responded to her?! Oh my God Fueko, you're the last one to be responding like that, you made Asuna seem the "wrong" person on this. You do not have the rights to do it.

I've never thought, in my entire life of animes and mangas, that I could have spoken so bad about a manga/anime (here includes its characters), really... right now, and just right now, I'm not myself. Congratulations 'Watashi no Sekai...', my first time acting like this was because of you, that's why, instead of a 1/10, I'll be giving a 2/10.

And no, I'm definitely not a fanboy and/or a hater, and I'll never be. I'm just exposing the facts, and not overlaying my ideals on it. Besides doing that, they're as bad as in using inteligent words and arguments to express and force their ideals over something (anime, mangas, characters). Sometimes, this something has nothing to do with their ideals, they simply, randomly, start to shoot their ideals over something "guiltless".
TechOtakuMay 13, 2015 6:10 PM
Nov 1, 2015 1:29 AM

Jul 2008
I don't know how to rate this series. I appreciate reading yuri about more mature women instead of high school girls and this was certainly good for that but... basically all of these couples were disasters and half the time I wanted to shake a character and tell them to find someone else to date. Clinging to a failed relationship is its own type of immaturity :| IDK this series had potential but I'd rather have all of them single in the end and having learned something then... this.

BEGINNER
Jan 25, 2016 1:49 AM

Aug 2009
Oh My Jesus...

Well, at least it is over. I think I've reached my full capacity for how much NTR I can handle in a year.
Feb 10, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2014
Viteracf said:
What I had said in 'chapter 13' topic:
PS.: Just WTF is this character FUEKO? A doll? A It's the worthless character I've ever seen in my anime and manga's life. Besides, when we talk about love, healthy people have their feelings (love) linked with their body (high sex desire by the one you love), it's completely NORMAL! Abnormal is just how FUEKO wanted: no sex at all. She just does not wanted sex with the person she loved(?), which is Asuna, she does not wanted was nothing! Anyway, if Fueko has some serious disease, can be understandable, but I think it's not the case here, It's: "Just WTF is this character FUEKO? A doll? It's the worthless character I've ever seen" -> Sorry, Fueko, but that is it, it's the "reality" here, it's your reality as a character.
Asuna made the right choice breaking up with Fueko even loving her. How can a person live and express her love to a person that want nothing with nothing? Asuna would suffer to much with it (feelings and body are connected), living all the time beside the one she loves but can not doind nothing, can not touching the one she loves, there are always time that just simple touchs, for healthy and normal people is not enough, this is, once again, normal. Rather than suffer forever, trying to somehow forget the one you love can be the best option. Oh, she even tried talking with Fueko in this last chapter, but did you see how Fueko responded to her?! Oh my God Fueko, you're the last one to be responding like that, you made Asuna seem the "wrong" person on this. You do not have the rights to do it.

I think that being linked to 'sloth' it's either you're depressed, asexual, or just really damn lazy. In Fueko's case, she was the sloth of the story, if she's depressed, then it's understandable that she has a low sex-drive, if she's asexual, then that would mean that she may love Asuna but find 'sex' bothersome. She loved Asuna, that was clear when we got to see her POV, she compromised with Asuna's sex-craze, she cried when she realized how hurt Asuna was, she loved the times she was with her doing nothing, but Fueko felt that she keep letting Asuna down by rejecting her want to have sex so she broke up with her because she thought that there may be a much more suitable partner for Asuna.

I don't think Fueko was at fault here, nor Asuna. But rather, the fault lies in their characters as whole. They were the opposite of each other, some people say that opposite attracts but sometimes that's not the case. They need to compromise more, they need to put a lot more effort not only in the relationship, but also to themselves, and I think that being without the other person will give them the space and time to sort things out, and I can see them doing that, especially Fueko.

Anyway, in my opinion, Fueko and Asuna were the most likable pair in the manga, other than Maasa and Meru.

Fuck Ruki, Sachi, and Remi. Sachi was the worst written character in this manga.

This series had the potential to be good one if only it wasn't that short. We needed a lot more chapters to explore the characters, their flaws, and 14 chapters were not enough. Too bad.
Mar 22, 2016 4:15 AM

Jun 2013
yeah i don't know what to say about this one right now. i really enjoyed some aspects, i really cringed at other parts. it could have benefitted from some clarifications and fleshing the story out a bit more.

also did anyone else know about the fact that the main characters are based off of the seven deadly sins/ kind of zodiac animals as well???? because i had nooo idea about it until the very end of the last chapter in the little 'making of' section where it explains who was what. and i think the author should have hinted more at this or put it somewhere near the beginning, because it makes the character traits make a lot more sense. although meru/gluttony, asuna/lust and fueko/sloth were way more recognizable as that than the other characters. i saw maasa as just financially smart/ a little frugal rather than 'greed', and remi as like full on personality disorder sociopath/ refusal to grow up and stop fucking with people rather than 'envy'. and the main couple i didn't see as wrath and pride at ALL! ruki was arguably one of the most realistic and empathetic characters and was never more prideful than she deserved to be; sachi i would have never guessed as wrath i mean she's introduced as this like meek subservient girlfriend and the only real wrath she pulls is on an undeserving ruki towards the end. but again, i wish i had known this earLIER and not at the very end, might have made reading the story more fun and i wouldn't have taken certain goofy character traits so seriously (because like, I thought fueko was either asexual or depressed or had chronic fatigue when she was probably just supposed to be comically lazy, and i assumed meru had some kind of intense eating disorder trauma when she really just... loves eating?)

also i really liked the art style/ cute character design, i hope this mangaka has other works for me to reeead and that they're a little different than how this one was lol
Jun 9, 2016 4:41 PM
Mar 2015
I hate how weak Ruki becomes by the end. Remi even comments on how whipped she is.
Aug 8, 2016 10:05 PM

Jan 2016
Loved this manga up until the ending. Sachi developed into a extremely unlikable character and Ruki was treated like trash the whole time and showed no self-respect at all. The dynamic of their relation ship came off as one-sided love from Ruki, while Sachi was being aloof and possessive. The worst part is Ruki is as insecure, unconfident, and lacking self-respect as ever, despite originally desperately wanting to become a stronger person to make her loved one happy. It was all just depressing to watch tbh. Even the ending of Philosophia felt happier.

Still, a straight-up happy ending was clearly not the goal and it was a very interesting story. Amano's style is also really nice.

Fueko was the best and most chill character. I liked seeing the relationship between an asexual and hypersexual person explored.
mintkatAug 8, 2016 10:16 PM
Oct 29, 2016 1:34 AM

Dec 2013
This whole series was just a pain to read. I hate how unrealistic these yuri dramas are.
Nov 25, 2016 2:25 PM

Sep 2015
like many have posted before, this story is so bad written and by no means enjoyable.
seeing sacchan cheat like that and not even showing any guilt or apologizing to ruki, while on the other hand ruki still accepts her, like a blind fool gave me the rest.

i want back my lifetime that i spent on reading this lol

;-)
Nov 3, 2017 5:27 AM

Jun 2013
I think it's worth considering that Sacchan and Ruki weren't in a committed and exclusive romantic relationship before the end of chapter 13, and that Sacchan did it with Remi merely once, about a month after she stayed at Remi's place for the first time. This post provides an argument for this, which I find very convincing. It's long, but absolutely worth reading, especially if, like me, you weren't satisfied with chapters 12 and 13. (backup)

While this interpretation does make volume 3 (and especially chapter 13) a lot better, and helps everything finally make sense... I think it's ultimately the manga's fault for being too cryptic (for no good reason, and without being openly so) that so many people interpreted it in a less favorable way. Since there had been precedent for developments regarding their relationship happening off-screen, most people (like myself) assumed that they "entered a relationship" off-screen as well (after their winter night together).

Not to mention that the timeline is hard to follow. There are key continuity hints missing (e.g. we should have been shown that Sacchan left her phone at Remi's place, before Ruki initiated the call). Everything is presented in an all too compressed way, and there's never even a reveal that would suddenly make everything click and entice the reader to reread chapters - which is why people like me have to read a forum post like that to be able to see things the way the author probably intended. This interpretation also doesn't change the fact that Sacchan doesn't challenge Ruki's belief that she banged Remi for a whole month - since Sacchan doesn't know that Remi lied to Ruki about the scale of their sexual encounters.

I think the author should have gone further in showing that Sacchan is attracted to Ruki now, for real this time. A tasteful sex scene, or even just a passionate kiss would have been enough (not right after they hit reboot at the end of ch. 13; it could have been a flash-forward or only be in the volume 3 extra). Some kind of payoff to help us feel that all the bullshit was really worth it for both of them. I care about whether or not they are mutually into each other in the present a lot more than what they do on graduation day.

It's nice to see that Meru is doing better. It's too bad that we never got to see more of what makes Maasa tick, she had potential as a character. Anyways, not a bad sendoff chapter, but it feels a bit weak after all the angst and all. Also, Remi is still a backstabbing bastard (at the very least, she majorly violated the "sis code"), and I hate that she never faced consequences for her actions even once. I found her amusing initially, but I think her character was handled poorly overall.
LeeTailorNov 3, 2017 10:23 AM
Mar 22, 2019 1:05 AM

Mar 2017
Last few chapters and the ending ruined the whole series for me. This whole time, even in the end it never once felt like Sachi actually loves Ruki. The feelings looked like one sided to me in the end too.
I'm kinda disappointed. I was even enjoying the first two volumes.

6/10 for me.
Oct 19, 2019 6:44 PM

Jun 2015
This was a little annoying at times but a decent read anyways. Ruki was definitely the best part of this in my opinion.
:)
May 23, 2020 8:38 AM
May 2020
While reading volume 3. Chapter 12 and looking at Remi’s and Sacchan’s overall relationship and chemistry, a part of me feels like maybe Remi had feelings for Sacchan and she realized this after Sacchan started ‘going out’ (still unsure if they were going out lol) with Ruki. We see a surprisingly soft side of her for Sacchan in chapter 12 and notice how much she paid attention to her and prioritizes her over her other partners. However, she knew that her friend Ruki was in love with Sacchan and they had something going on so she could not bring herself to do anything to Sacchan even when willingly got drunk and came to her place. In fact, she gave Sacchan the choice to start the affair, which she did.

Sacchan, unfortunately, did not have the same feelings that Ruki had for her at first. She was still not over her ex-boyfriend as we see how her heart beats with excitement when he texts her back in chapter 11. She gets a pang if jealousy when she realizes that he is not interested in getting back with her but rather interested in getting to know Ruki. Because of her jealousy and her relationship with Ruki she wants to tell him no, but is too afraid of him to do so as we can see from her fear that he would yell at her and threaten to rape her. She hates this helpless side of her and is embarrassed she needs Remi’s help.
Therefore, she initiated her affair with Remi because she hated how weak she was and wanted to know what it felt like to cheat or be ‘strong’ like her ex-boyfriend. This affair ends up empowering her by making her realize just how ‘strong and cruel’ she can be as written in chapter 13.

However, Remi soon realizes that Sacchan does not have any feelings for her as well or probably realized it before they even started their affair when she tried to draw out a reaction from Sacchan by telling her about her precious fling with Ruki. When she realized that Sacchan felt indifferent after finding out about their fling for both Remi and Ruki, she realizes that Sacchan is ‘as straight as they can be’ chapter 12. She quickly gives up on her as her relationship with Sacchan is only sexual and she does not try to go for anything more, but continues the relationship for a month hoping that Sacchan might end up having feelings for her. She knows that what she and Sacchan was doing was wrong, but still held on to the possibility.

Remi realized that the possibility would never come and she realized that at that point there was nothing to gain from their affair and that the longer they kept it the more it would hurt her friend Ruki. Therefore, since Sacchan was not stepping up to confess about her affair with Remi she decided to take the opportunity she was given (Ruki’s call to Sacchan’s phone that she had left behind at her place) to confess.

Furthermore, I think another huge hint of Remi’s feelings for Sacchan was given when Remi mentioned that she wanted to see the jealous and hurt face of Ruki the girl who Sacchan was with. I thought there was real maturity when Ruki and Remi had their conversation in the beach. They were both very honest, but also level headed (Ruki offered to take Remi back instead of leaving her friend stranded and Remi rejected knowing that Ruki would need space and gave her Sacchan’s phone so that she can talk with Sacchan). They did not let their emotions get the better of them or cooled down before it did and Ruki swallowed up her pride. She was angry with Remi (anyone would be if they were in Ruki’s place right now), but she did not blame her as she knew that it wasn’t entirely Remi’s fault and that it happened because Sacchan did not have feelings for Ruki. Towards the end of this scene, Remi throws her bottle into the ocean and there’s a whole panel dedicated for the sinking bottle. I’d like to think of it as a metaphor of sinking or drowning her feelings for Sacchan and moving on by thinking of it as a fun adventure. She obviously didn’t find it fun, I mean she looks down the entire time after Ruki left. It’s her coping mechanism I guess.

I thought it was interesting to see Sacchan’s character change from a passive, nice, good girl waiting for a strong man to take care of her to a strong woman willing to man up and take care of Ruki; women empowerment! Although, I wish she found empowerment in another way!! Cheating is a big no-no. I did notice that her change in character also made her more violent and cold. She never apologized to Ruki about her cheating scandal and did not look sorry or upset or...gosh. Ruki’s character also changed a lot. From someone who wasn’t interested in love to someone who was hopelessly in love they would throw toooo much of their pride and time/life away for Sacchan (SIMP)!

All in all, I’m happy with the ending and hope that (just as Meru wishes for her friend) Remi can soon find another person she falls in love with that ends up staying with her and finally be happy. Also, hope that both Fueko and Asuna can become good friends and each find a new person that can fulfill their needs or desires and find happiness. (Fueko and Asuna have very different needs and wants that will be hard to find a middle ground for as they are asexual and hyper sexual). As for Mary and Maasa...so cuteeee!

P.S.: just another analysis of the ending.
alskd1May 23, 2020 8:58 AM
Jul 27, 2023 1:08 AM
May 2023
I see this discussion about the number of times Sacchi cheated on Ruki keeps coming up, and I agree that it is very relevant to the discussion. If she only, did it once, that is telling. But if she did it repeatedly over one month that tells us something completely different. That takes effort. It really shows us how little she respected and cared for Ruki as a person. Especially as Sacchi was so hurt over the same happening to her when her boyfriend cheated on her with a person, she considered a close friend.  

But the story clearly tells us that it has been going on over time. The first time they cheated it was raining, the story then jumps to Ruki, and the raining season was over and its summer. Ruki also says that it has been one month since she last spoke to Sacchi. It is also telling that Sacchi did not contact her during this month. She did not care enough to do so.

Furthermore, the argument is that Sacchi left her phone at Remi one month ago, and never bothered to going back to pick it up? This is clearly a none-argument. Moreover, Remi never lies, she always says the truth and what she wants, and she says that they have been having sex for one-month. The last time was yesterday. That is why she has the phone of Sacchi and why she knows her whereabouts. It is clearly spelled out in the story that this has been going on for a while. Moreover, I am fairly certain the reason why Remi wanted Ruki to look inside the phone is that it would revel pictures and messages about their affair. Remi wanted to hurt Ruki as much as possible. She is that type of girl. Lastly, Sacchi clearly says they fooled around, while you (Ruki) were working so hard, that implies multiple times.

In addition, Sacchi never intended to tell Ruki that she was cheating. She never really cared for her feelings at all. She only decided to tell Ruki that she was cheating when Ruki started to cry, and she was having her meltdown. Sacchi liked the feeling of power she held over Ruki. It made her feel strong. Her words, not mine. Sacchi is literally laughing at Ruki when she says that she just wants to be with her, all is forgiven. No strings attached. This shows us a lot about their future dynamic. Sacchi holds all the power, and she enjoys having this power. Her being strong is all about cruelty and putting herself first. 

This leads us to the ending. Its not meant to be a happy ending. Sacchi turned into her boyfriend. And Ruki turned into the person Sacchi was before. Sacchi did not once during chapter 13 or 14 express any sort of love or devotion to Ruki. This was intentionally. It would have been easy to add some scenes showing their love and devotion to one and other. But instead, we get scenes where Sacchi talks Ruki down, or flirts with the person she cheated with. This is not random. Ruki is a submissive girlfriend that is talked down by Sachi, and everyone comments how she is whipped. Sacchi flirts with Remi in fronts of Ruki but stops Remi from flirting with Ruki. Illustrating the power imbalance in their relationship. Remi is still their friend, and she gets a gift from Sacchi when they meet. This would clearly be uncomfortable for Ruki, but it is again meant to illustrate how little Sacchi cares about the feelings of Ruki. Her being strong has nothing to do with her protecting or caring for Ruki, it has to do with how she is dominating and does whatever she wants. It does not bother Sacchi that they are friends with Remi after all, as she never really regreted cheating.

A very sad ending. Ruki gave away her pride and self-worth for an asshole. But at least the relationship will not last. Sacchi will likely cheat at some point, and hopefully at some point Ruki will be strong enough to leave.
Yuri_book_clubJul 27, 2023 1:30 AM

More topics from this board

» Being licensed in Spanish.

plutomutt - Nov 3, 2018

1 by plutomutt »»
Nov 3, 2018 10:14 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Sekai wo Kousei suru Chiri no You na Nani ka. Chapter 13 Discussion

Animekid3 - Feb 22, 2015

9 by LeeTailor »»
Nov 2, 2017 3:08 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Sekai wo Kousei suru Chiri no You na Nani ka. Chapter 12 Discussion

sarroush - Feb 4, 2015

3 by mado_2ki »»
Jan 15, 2017 7:50 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Sekai wo Kousei suru Chiri no You na Nani ka. Chapter 7 Discussion

billybob300c - Jun 3, 2014

1 by sailormean »»
Mar 21, 2016 8:05 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Sekai wo Kousei suru Chiri no You na Nani ka. Chapter 11 Discussion

sarroush - Dec 14, 2014

1 by zensunni »»
Dec 15, 2014 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.